Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Gunsnroses Rareties 85-94 6 CD set Added another Disc Sunday
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunsnroses Rareties 85-94 6 CD set Added another Disc Sunday  (Read 40750 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2006, 05:28:36 AM »

and to that whole argument "i dont care if its been proven lossy, its still flac to me"  rofl   nevermind....   

flacs have been proven lossy? what have I missed?

didn't he post a cd he bought from japan and put them up as flacs and then someone did that spectral analysis stuff to show said flacs were lossy?   

its like taking an .mp3 and converting it to a flac.   it doesn't work. 
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2006, 06:37:16 AM »

If a cd is turned into a flac, it is, indeed a lossless format. No data is lost from the cd-form. If you turn an mp3 into a flac it's still lossless, but only to the extent that the mp3 allowes it to be. It will be different from the cd (of course).

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2006, 06:59:40 AM »

I think that David is a little obsessed with his hate for mp3, I admit it. But I think that posting his picture without his permission is a more inmature attitude than his. Period.

If a cd is turned into a flac, it is, indeed a lossless format. No data is lost from the cd-form. If you turn an mp3 into a flac it's still lossless, but only to the extent that the mp3 allowes it to be. It will be different from the cd (of course).

Several errors:

* You can turn a CD into flac and get lossy, if the CD's source is a lossy source.
* When you compress FLAC into WAV, there's a very little minumum of data info that is lost (unperceptible, but technically comprobable)
* About the ''If you turn an mp3 into a flac it's still lossless, but only to the extent that the mp3 allowes it to be'' I really really really cant understand what you want to say (language problems, I speak spanish) but Im 99% sure you're wrong if I understood well.

Best MP3 available is 320 kbps, right? that's not lossless. Period. Convert FLAC (800-900 kbps) to the best mp3 bitrate and you passed from 900 kbps to 320, and obviuosly, you made a 3 times smaller file.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2006, 07:27:31 AM »

Several errors:

* You can turn a CD into flac and get lossy, if the CD's source is a lossy source.
* When you compress FLAC into WAV, there's a very little minumum of data info that is lost (unperceptible, but technically comprobable)
* About the ''If you turn an mp3 into a flac it's still lossless, but only to the extent that the mp3 allowes it to be'' I really really really cant understand what you want to say (language problems, I speak spanish) but Im 99% sure you're wrong if I understood well.

Best MP3 available is 320 kbps, right? that's not lossless. Period. Convert FLAC (800-900 kbps) to the best mp3 bitrate and you passed from 900 kbps to 320, and obviuosly, you made a 3 times smaller file.

MP3's are never lossless. That's for sure.

From what I've understood, the reason the Wav-file is not identical with the created flac-file, is because Wavs have additional info written into them, that, when turned back into wav from flac, is _not_ encoded. However the audiodata should be the same. The people at the official site have even been kind enough to put up a link to program that compares the different audio contents. http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

What I meant with the last one, was that all the information that is in the mp3, will also be in flac-format. It has not lost _any_ quality from the mp3-version. It is always a matter of comparing 2 things. and if an mp3 is the original source, a flac made from that can still be called lossless, although it's naturally not even possible for it to be as good as for example if a cd-quality source was available for the file. I don't know if I'm able to explain this clearly.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
anythinggoes
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2006, 07:34:16 AM »

Several errors:

MP3's are never lossless. That's for sure.

From what I've understood, the reason the Wav-file is not identical with the created flac-file, is because Wavs have additional info written into them, that, when turned back into wav from flac, is _not_ encoded. However the audiodata should be the same. The people at the official site have even been kind enough to put up a link to program that compares the different audio contents. http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

What I meant with the last one, was that all the information that is in the mp3, will also be in flac-format. It has not lost _any_ quality from the mp3-version. It is always a matter of comparing 2 things. and if an mp3 is the original source, a flac made from that can still be called lossless, although it's naturally not even possible for it to be as good as for example if a cd-quality source was available for the file. I don't know if I'm able to explain this clearly.

Dont worry i know what you mean even if others dont
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2006, 07:49:38 AM »

wait i have a better idea just tell me 1 reason 1 good reason why u like mp3 over flac

do not say my connection or size of files or d/l or upload time nothing on ipod either or hard drive space

just give me 1 sold good reason why u prefer them over the best quality there is

i will drop it all? then

because everyone i mean every one can upload or download flac

Let me end all this first and foremost.  I can give you a perfect reason why I can listen to bootlegs in mp3 format.  BECAUSE THEY SOUND LIKE SHIT ANYWAY.  Most of these demos and everything are all shitty sounding in the first place.  I think this is what's going through your head and you think it's the mp3 tag causing it.  The bootlegs from the show all sound like shit, even the really really good audience recordings still have flaws.  Why the fuck would I want to waste my time trying to get a flac lossless version of a shitty sounding concert or old demo anyway?  It's not like you're fucking preserving these recordings to be saved in the fucking Library of Congress anyway.  Oh and yes, low connection speed. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
VIP

« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2006, 08:56:27 AM »

hahaha tarded.
flimflamking
Opening Act

Here Today...Flippin Out Tomorrow.

« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2006, 09:22:21 AM »

This is sad. I posted the music (For the first time here) because I wanted to share. I enjoyed these files. I was turned on to them by someone in much the same fashion. So I thought I would pass them on. All of this making fun of people (Posting their picture) and the badmouthing of mp3's has got to stop. Both sides. Leave it alone. Who cares. Yeah, it's stupid in my opinion to waste so much energy bad mouthing something someone else is giving away for free....but at the same time, quit feeding into it. Let it die. Download the material or dont. What is really screwed is that I have alot of other stuff I "Was going to post." Some of it I have posted in other forums already. But by the reactions I have gotten here Im not sure if I want to post it now. Peace.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Jason (flimflamking)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:33:48 AM by flimflamking » Logged
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2006, 10:48:45 AM »

Dude don't worry about the 'discussions'.

I for one, as well as the majority of others, _do_ enjoy these things posted (no matter what the format). Some people just need to take a deep breath and think for a second before posting.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »

Yeah dude, keep posting the stuff, it's greatly appreciated.  Don't let this one person ruin it for everyone else.  Us slow speed folks appreciate this more than you can imagine.  Timebomb has done this for a long long time now.....nothing new, he just went a little overboard and childish (moreso than usual) in this case.  Keep posting your stuff and I guarantee the 99% of the board that isn't him will greatly appreciate it.  Thanks again dude.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Progress
Rocker

Where's my beer??

« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2006, 12:02:50 PM »

Thanks alot for this Grin
Btw,does anyone have a tracklist yet?

BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2006, 12:14:38 PM »

now that i know u are going to do it it really will not faze me it shows me u only wanna out bad quality up

Why don't you explain to us, the little people, why mp3s are so bad? We've heard you babble on and on about the 'low quality' bullshit, but why not offer some fact to demonstrate why this is true, for a change.  Going around and telling people how much mp3s sucks will never gain you any respect. Offering a reason or some sort of coherent explanation instead of "fuck you this sucks i do what i want when i want how i want blah blah blah" may actually promote your purpose to get rid of mp3s and promote the use of FLAC.

Until you step up and start making sense, very few people will take you seriously.  Most of us already know why Mp3s are lossy, but how about an explanation from you? Not a link to a website, not a copy and paste, not a bullshit personal excuse why you cant type - OFFER AN EXPLANATION IN YOUR OWN WORDS.  For all of the incessent whining you've done in recent months about mp3s, you can certainly put your efforts into an explanation. No excuses. Put up or shut up. If you don't give this, your word around here will be considered more of a joke than it already has become.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2006, 01:28:37 PM »

Let me clear a few things up.

First of all my first post was meant as a question.? Were they flacs or mp3.

A bunch of people jumped all over me before I started blasting back at some of you guys.

Whenever something is shared on here or anywhere it is very important that as much info as availible is given with that download. MP3 are for your ipod not for the trading community.

When a show is taped it is lossless and should only be shared in flac or shn or wave formats. When a original recording is converted to MP3 quality from the original recording cuasing it to become lossy format becuase you lose quality . mp3 is lossy as an example.

When files are shared on this board and they are not correctly labled people download them then trade to traders believing they are getting lossless and they really get lossy.? The more lossy content that gets shared amongst the community the more diluted the trading community becomes.

If you want to share, share the good stuff, the flacs and wave files.

I trade? for or BUY everything I have.? And then I share it with everyone . Sometimes when I buy cd sets from japan it is found that some of the cd sets that are in wave format might of been created by lossy source. Which pisses me off, but I do not know how to use the spectrum program so I find out after I share them.? And the worst part is some of these are remasters oif the original sources which flacs were availible for but instead they conmverted to mp3 first and hurt quality.

MP3 are for the average fan , not for the hardcore fans or traders.?

But more importantly I get mad when people share the mp3 but will not share the flac. Now in this case this guy did not have original flacs he shared what he had which was mp3. I only wanted to know what they were and some popele called me names and i got mad.

There are horders on sites that will tease you with lesser quality mp3 or divx when they have the good stuff. Which is not right.

MP3 are lousy quality compared to flacs

If you have flacs you should share them first, if you want to share mp3 that is fine by me.

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
EFISH
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2006, 01:42:07 PM »

OK seriously, that was not written by you and you know it.

I think I know who typed that out for you, but I wont say...

Whatever, I wont post here anymore but I just wanted to say sorry to Film for having to go through all of this just for posting some downloads for us.  Lips Sealed We do appreciate it! ok
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2006, 02:01:30 PM »

MP3 are for the average fan , not for the hardcore fans or traders.  

First off your opinion is hilarious about what a hardcore fan is......a hardcore fan is someone who's supported the band for going on 18 years now, seen them live, bought every album, kicked someone's ass for talking shit about the lead singer's hair and has defended their lineup changes relentlessly over the past 8 years..........NOT some little shit that tries to collect as many unauthorized bootlegs that he can for whatever reason (if you listen to SCOM live 9000 different times, you've got more time than I do my friend).  You want the truth, you can't handle the truth.....MP3 for life.  128 kbs too.  Fuck yeah  smoking

EFISH
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

First off your opinion is hilarious about what a hardcore fan is......a hardcore fan is someone who's supported the band for going on 18 years now, seen them live, bought every album, kicked someone's ass for talking shit about the lead singer's hair and has defended their lineup changes relentlessly over the past 8 years..........NOT some little shit that tries to collect as many unauthorized bootlegs that he can for whatever reason (if you listen to SCOM live 9000 different times, you've got more time than I do my friend).  You want the truth, you can't handle the truth.....MP3 for life.  128 kbs too.  Fuck yeah  smoking
A hardcore fan actually buys the albums and doesnt refuse anything "studio" and is obbsessed with ONLY bootlegs.  Wink

That being said, well you guys know the rest....
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2006, 02:15:19 PM »

Thanks alot for this Grin
Btw,does anyone have a tracklist yet?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3BNCRJVK

This is CD 1-4

I've seen the band 4 times this year, soon to be 6 and have been seeing them live since 1988, that is a hardcore fan, not someone who buys and collects every bootleg on the planet.  I give my money to the band, not some bootlegger.  Oh, and I love MP3s for the simple reason I can play them in my car and play the same CD for a week and have 200 songs on there.   Grin
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:19:32 PM by Bandita » Logged
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2006, 03:05:01 PM »

Ah, the hardcore fan....

Well, if that's the case, what makes you a fan?

Last I checked, compulsion and genuine, assanine comments toward the kindness of other fans puts you in the wrong seat to determine who is more of a fan then someone else.

Simply stated, you may be a hardcore trader, but your collection does not make you a hardcore fan, by any means.  Many people have your collection - just in different formats. 

I guess we should license people to drive based on what car the drive?

Maybe we should all go and spend 6 g's on the same shit that we can have for free.  FREE, the way it was intended.  You busted ass on people for sharing MP3s when they have the flacs... so why do you offer to sell your shit for $10 per show when you could share it for free?

You're hypocritical.

Fact: No fan in this forum should be looked down upon by ANYONE for their collection.  The fact that most people are here with genuine interest is enough to consider them a fan.  The status of hardcore begins with how often you're here, how many shows you've been to, how many shows you have... but BY NO MEANS will I ever judge anyone by the format of the shows.  Frankly, for the simple fact that the differences lie in frequencies that can seldom be heard by the human ear, it's all the same.  The ONLY DIFFERENCE is how much money you coughed up over the years to get what you have.

The hardcore fan is pro-GNR, both current and historic. The hardcore fan supports other fans and does not look down upon them. The hardcore fan shares for free, because they want the music to be heard.

So, I ask each of you to take a minute and answer... what kind of fan are you?

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2006, 04:12:24 PM »

wow, if we all had time on our hands to produce flac FREE... wouldn't this be a great place. Fact is, the majority of people are 100% appreciative of the efforts of people on this forum to share their collections. We can take or leave what is on offer, again I reiterate for FREE.

The more people bitch, the less people will be prepared to share, the less productive sharing community which has been developed in this forum.

Keep em under your wheels.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2006, 04:42:47 PM »

i think efish and timebomb should go on a date and clear everything up cuz i am sick of hearing them bitch on here
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: