Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  A World Without Nirvana
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A World Without Nirvana  (Read 17840 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 11:12:31 AM »

Grin

I am sorry for my posts seeming like I am freaking out because I use the word Fuck a lot and maybe it makes it seem as if I'm angry, but they really are just calm, "normal" posts.  I don't want people to think I'm yelling in my mind when I'm typing because I really am not.  I typed that shit at like 5 in the morning, which is about the time I go delerious from not sleeping for over a day (NO I'M NOT ON DRUGS ANYMORE! I've been clean since April!  INSOMNIA I TELL YA!) and I probably wouldn't have typed it the way I did if not for that fact.  Thank you for the "chill pill" though, it did help a lot.  Wow, I haven't taken any type of pills for months and this one is making me feel really good, can I get more??  beer

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2006, 11:44:46 AM »

I'd be agnry too, but I'm still laughing about the "Youth Gone Wild" is the "My Generation" of my generation comment rofl rofl (thanks for catching that, I didn't read half the posts in this thread)..

I'm 33, and I consider that more like the 'Incense and Peppermints' or 'Itsy Tiny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini' of my generation. Something I look back and laugh at. Sebastian Bach is a tool and Skid Row sucked as did all those bands.
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2006, 11:57:47 AM »

I like Nirvana a lot. And I really don't think that one band, no matter how good or bad could "kill metal".

This   is   Democracy!!!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006, 12:39:46 PM »

I'd be agnry too, but I'm still laughing about the "Youth Gone Wild" is the "My Generation" of my generation comment rofl rofl (thanks for catching that, I didn't read half the posts in this thread)..

I'm 33, and I consider that more like the 'Incense and Peppermints' or 'Itsy Tiny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini' of my generation. Something I look back and laugh at. Sebastian Bach is a tool and Skid Row sucked as did all those bands.

Lol, fully agree there chief, although Slave to the Grind was pretty good at the time. Sounds incredibly dated now though.

Thanks to Axl for shoving that talentless has-been back into the minds of those who tried to forget about him for years..... Whos next for the support slot? Winger?

As for Nirvana, great band. They didnt kill anything. Well apart from Kurt of course.....

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 12:54:19 PM »

I like Nirvana a lot. And I really don't think that one band, no matter how good or bad could "kill metal".

Which is why I'm glad in my posts that I named more than just Nirvana, because you are absolutely right.  Maybe it would be better to say, "Seattle killed hair metal"?? 

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2006, 12:58:56 PM »

Nirvana wasn't viewed as a dangerous band.?

Since when musicians are considered as dangerous people or bands? Some musicians are just possers, addicts , crazy people ...
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2006, 01:15:20 PM »

Which is why I'm glad in my posts that I named more than just Nirvana, because you are absolutely right.? Maybe it would be better to say, "Seattle killed hair metal"Huh
grunge didn't kill hair metal, hair metal killed hair metal. just like every genre record companies find orignal bands who did well on the charts then they mass produce bands with the same formula. i never said grunge killed anything i know metal killed it self grunge just gave an alternative to something people were sick off and trust me people got sick of grunge as of every music genre and people are getting real sick of emo soon becuase its the same thing theirs a million of them that all look and sound the same, ring a bell? when i say i hair metal iam not talking about warrant or poison or fucking what ever gay late 80's bands they sucked the record company bands that had the formula look this way release an album put out ballad and rock song sell a million copies then go away. they are the ones who killed it. don't get me wrong i love alice in chains i dislike nirvana alot though but i really hate when people only focus on the bad bands of the time being the ones from the late 80's ie poison warrant, mr big and all the other cheesy copies. but if you look at bands like motley crue the real inovaters they never looked the same or sounded the same on each album as soon as everyone started to copy them they changed it again, they struggled through and maid it big? and release album great albums in the 90's and are still here today selling out arena's for the past 2 years on tour and don't deserve to be lumped into the same sentance as fucking poison or warrant or all the other late 80's garbage.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:17:35 PM by JohnnyBlade » Logged
AtariLegend
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »

Which is why I'm glad in my posts that I named more than just Nirvana, because you are absolutely right.  Maybe it would be better to say, "Seattle killed hair metal"?? 
grunge didn't kill hair metal, hair metal killed hair metal. just like every genre record companies find orignal bands who did well on the charts then they mass produce bands with the same formula. i never said grunge killed anything i know metal killed it self grunge just gave an ulternative to something people were sick off and trust me people got sick of grunge as of every music genre and people are getting real sick of emo soon becuase its the same thing theirs a million of them that all look and sound the same, ring a bell? when i say i hair metal iam not talking about warrant or poison or fucking what ever gay late 80's bands they sucked the record company bands that had the formula look this way release an album put out ballad and rock song sell a million copies then go away. they are the ones who killed it. don't get me wrong i love alice in chains i dislike nirvana alot though but i really hate when people only focus on the bad bands of the time being the ones from the late 80's ie poison warrant, mr big and all the other cheesy copies. but if you look at bands like motley crue the real inovaters they never looked the same or sounded the same on each album as soon as everyone started to copy them they changed it again, they struggled through and maid it big and release album great albums in the 90's and are still here today selling out arena's for the past 2 years on tour and don't deserve to be lumped into the same sentance as fucking poison or warrant or all the other late 80's garbage.

If they weren't crazy, we wouldn't love them.
AtariLegend
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »

We can almost all agree that Poison and many other hair-metal bands were nonsense, but it's 1992 that matters (GNR), not 1985 that matters. Their sales in the US fell dramatically, around the time of Nevermind. Although the UYI's sold great outside the US, it would be the record companies thinking about the US, and the same for other (commercial) rock bands.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2006, 02:05:35 PM »

Nirvana wasn't viewed as a dangerous band.?

Since when musicians are considered as dangerous people or bands? Some musicians are just possers, addicts , crazy people ...

Well...since the person who's post I replied to said so!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »

Lol, fully agree there chief, although Slave to the Grind was pretty good at the time. Sounds incredibly dated now though.

Thanks to Axl for shoving that talentless has-been back into the minds of those who tried to forget about him for years..... Whos next for the support slot? Winger?

As for Nirvana, great band. They didnt kill anything. Well apart from Kurt of course.....

since when does songs like the threat and slave to the grind sound like shes only 17???

go back and watch mtv and  let them tell you what to like next...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2006, 04:47:59 PM »

Ya, your a real big guage of talent... sure skid row sucked.. . tell that to the 18million who bought their albums..

just because you swing from kurt cobains balls and think hes the fucking messiah doesnt mean hair metal sucks Roll Eyes

some of you people are so ignorant...

thats your opinion... and opinions are like assholes, everyoens got em..

once agian, I figured ALOT more people here would be open minded.. but it seems like alot of people here are the "spoon fed everything the medi and mtv tells them"

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 04:52:03 PM by guns_n_motley » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2006, 07:01:37 PM »

i hate these anti glam metal people.

this is how it is

nirvana produced one decent albu, only decent. They rode off the success of one single, then rode off the success of a market trend brought about by MTV. They wouldnt even be remembered now, if it wasnt for there stupid, contradictive hypocritical frontman killing himself.

All these "hair bands" as you call them, have more talent then any of those fuckers from that over rated bore of a band.

And even more to add, notice as soon as nirvana were over all the other "grunge" bands soon faded out of popularity.

nirvana would have too if kurt had have stayed alive.

funny how these "hair bands" are more remembered now, and people want that music back and class that time as "the golden age of music".

Skid row dont sound dated on slave to the grind, its a fucking awesome album.

Now you guys can go sit listening to nirvana and still pretend the whole grunge movement is happening still and feel like your apart of something.

html sucks
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2006, 07:10:43 PM »

I'm a huge hair metal fan but you're wrong. Nirvana had more than one hit and In Utero was a fantastic album. Nirvana were a great band and so was Alice In Chains.

I hate fanboys.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2006, 07:13:13 PM »

I'm a huge hair metal fan but you're wrong. Nirvana had more than one hit and In Utero was a fantastic album. Nirvana were a great band and so was Alice In Chains.

in utero is terrible. it really is..

alice in chains tbh arnt much like grunge, there more metal but with a cool use of 2 vocalists. so i leave them out of this.

html sucks
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2006, 07:52:47 PM »

I love In Utero, it's my favorite Nirvana album. The new song they uncovered "you know you're right" is also very good and the unplugged was cool.

I hate fanboys.
AtariLegend
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »

The best thing Nirvana gave the world was their cover of "The Man Who Sold The World".
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2006, 08:06:02 PM »

Skid Row is not hair metal  rant rant!!!
AtariLegend
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 08:07:36 PM »

Skid Row is not hair metal rant rant!!!

Will no-one other than us seems to beleive so.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2006, 08:09:39 PM »

Skid Row is not hair metal rant rant!!!

Will no-one other than us seems to beleive so.

their first album had some hair metal influences, but  the songs Slave To The Grind, Piece of Me, and many other songs are very heavy metal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: