Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:10:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  A World Without Nirvana
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A World Without Nirvana  (Read 17833 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 10:38:01 AM »

Thank God for Nirvana. Thank God for all of the other Grunge bands as well.  Without the whole Seattle movement, hair bands might still exist. Nirvana wasn't the only band that helped change music like most people think and I remember back in the day, they weren't always the most popular Grunge band.  Pearl Jam was huge (and still is), plus you had Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.  So even without Nirvana, music would have still changed AND THAT'S A FACT!!  But like I said before, thank God it did. I couldn't even imagine if "Glam" was still popular. I know a ton of people here wish otherwise because that time was probably high school and college for you AND you still wish those bands were around.  I'm glad we don't have to put up with Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, White Snake, Mr. Big and all of those bands these days.  Sure Poison can still sell shows, but they can't sell albums for shit.

nah, id love GLAM METAL to have been around more. But still, its having a revival now, so too bad for lame ass nirvana trying to kill it off. it just proves that music is good, or else it wouldnt be coming back.

html sucks
guns_n_motley
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 10:42:27 AM »

why do people whenever they mention glam metal always list the WORST glam metal bands???

why not list Motley Crue, Ratt, Dokken, Skid Row?Huh

and no, I didnt live through the 80s, I was born in 88'
AtariLegend
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 10:44:16 AM »

Skid Row- Glam Metal?

Just nobody say GNR were.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006, 10:46:14 AM »

Skid Row- Glam Metal?

well Skid Row arent really glam metal I guess...their first cd maybe..

But I mean those bands like WASP, RATT, dokken, motley crue were the FIRST bands to do that... It wasnt trendy.. they were wearing that shit since the mid 70s because they wanted too..they were HEAVY and had good musicianship...

then mtv took over and hence come the copy-cats like warrant, poison etc...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2006, 11:00:11 AM »

Skid Row- Glam Metal?

well Skid Row arent really glam metal I guess...their first cd maybe..

But I mean those bands like WASP, RATT, dokken, motley crue were the FIRST bands to do that... It wasnt trendy.. they were wearing that shit since the mid 70s because they wanted too..they were HEAVY and had good musicianship...

then mtv took over and hence come the copy-cats like warrant, poison etc...

Ratt and crue are fucking ace.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 11:01:21 AM »

you cannot deny a song like "smell like teen spirit" wich was like a "my generation" from the Who. (not comparing them by the way, just an example)

I strongly believe that generation's 'My Generation' was 'Youth Gone Wild' by Skid Row. I still wait for the day that my generations 'My Generation' is released. Maybe GNR will do it.

Id class this song as this generations my generation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaqZJANa0Jk
enjoy Cheesy

html sucks
AtariLegend
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 12:28:51 PM »

Sorry mrlee, but i'll never forgive you for posting that link, and making me sit through that.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 01:39:20 PM »

Sorry mrlee, but i'll never forgive you for posting that link, and making me sit through that.

They rock, so i have no shame.

html sucks
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »

Once again I'll? post the following:

In a sense, you really had to live thru Nirvana to grasp they were more that just their music (4 chords & meaningful lyrics about nothing), they lead the revolution. Would bands like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, & AIC have still hit it big? Absolutely. "Rusty Cage" and "Man in a Box" were already hits by the time Nirvana broke, and RHCP & Jane's Addiction already had hit it big. But for some reason, some reason, Nirvana was the one that changed everything.

Don't blame Kurt, he helped music. There were plenty of great bands in the late 90's, but they weren't the one's radio stations chose to play, they chose to playLimp Bizkit & Creed & Godsmack.. Then your current emo trend that they've been playing lately. Whoever chose to push those bands into the spotlight is who's to blame, not Kurt & Nirvana.

Ugly kid joe wasn't after nirvana dip shit.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 04:12:42 PM »

It annoys me when people say so and so wasn't hair metal. GNR were hair metal at one point. They were good and they were different than the other bands but they were still hair-metal. Same with Crue and Skid Row at least for the first album. All the good bands changed their sound with every album like GNR, Crue and Skid Row but they were a variation of hair metal.

I hate fanboys.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 07:13:34 PM »

Ugly kid joe wasn't after nirvana dip shit.

A. Read the fucking rules, and don't call people a "dipshit"
B. 'Everything about you' was written & recorded in the spring of '92. Nirvana had EXPLODED onto the music world by December '91.
C. Even though the band UKJ may have formed prior to '91 (as did many bands like Everclear and Offspring) they probably would not have gotten airplay and heavy MTV rotation without Nirvana changing the scene because they would still be playing duecebag glam bands like Pretty Boy Floyd, Mr Big, and Poison. Notice the change in hairstyles & clothes in the two vids, that's as big a change as the music which Nirvana & grunge changed.

I don't know who you think you are calling me a dipshit here Noobie, but JohnnyBlade better step away from the keyboard in mommies basement and quit talking all Tough Tony.  rant rant
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 07:15:42 PM by pasnow » Logged
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 07:41:14 PM »

Thank God for Nirvana. Thank God for all of the other Grunge bands as well.  Without the whole Seattle movement, hair bands might still exist. Nirvana wasn't the only band that helped change music like most people think and I remember back in the day, they weren't always the most popular Grunge band.  Pearl Jam was huge (and still is), plus you had Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.  So even without Nirvana, music would have still changed AND THAT'S A FACT!!  But like I said before, thank God it did. I couldn't even imagine if "Glam" was still popular. I know a ton of people here wish otherwise because that time was probably high school and college for you AND you still wish those bands were around.  I'm glad we don't have to put up with Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, White Snake, Mr. Big and all of those bands these days.  Sure Poison can still sell shows, but they can't sell albums for shit.

nah, id love GLAM METAL to have been around more. But still, its having a revival now, so too bad for lame ass nirvana trying to kill it off. it just proves that music is good, or else it wouldnt be coming back.

Good music shouldn't have to make a come back, it should have never left.  Glam hadn't been around for along time or at least almost nobody cared about it. Grunge made all of those Glam bands look like fucking jokes because everything was based around that stupid image they were portraying. It was at the point where it wasn't even about the music anymore. Glam went from everything to NOTHING and has pretty much stayed that way. You say it's making a "revival" and it really isn't. It will never be as big as it once was or half of what it once was, face it. Nirvana is still around and always will be. Kurt has been dead for 12 years and Nirvana is still a huge band.  Look at GN'R for instance, their music has never had to make a comeback, NEVER.  They have always been relevant and they were formed in a time of Glam\Crotch rock.  Thank God they aren't a hair metal band and that most people are smart enough not to consider them one. I enjoy some hair metal bands but it's not something I would drive around and listen to in my car everyday. I have never liked Motely Crue, Ratt or Dokken as some have said. That's just not my thing and again that's an opinion that I am allowed to have. I'm not making fun of people that still love their hair metal music and I wasn't calling any of your music "lame ass" as you have called Nirvana. BTW, How many world tours have you been on in your life, to be able to call Nirvana "lame ass"?? How many records have you sold?? How many millions of people know who you are?? So don't call the band "lame ass", when infact they are a million times more relevant than your miniscule life will ever be. If they were so fucking "lame ass", I would love to follow right behind them then and be fucking "lame ass" as well, so my music could be world renowned and I could have tons of money to show for it. Plus, I would have every girl in the world wanting to fuck me. Pretty lame ass, huh??  "LAME ASS" bands don't change the face of music and Nirvana was one of those bands that helped do that. Why would you still want "Rock" to be about big hair, hair spray and wearing make-up?? If that's what you think ROCK MUSIC is, how the hell do you have room to call Nirvana "LAME ASS"?? I don't care how many posts you have, but "LAME ASS" NONSENSICAL COMMENTS are decelerated and do nothing POSITIVE for conversation.

EDIT:  WOW!!!!!  I cannot believe someone actually said that "Youth Gone Wild" was more of that generations "My Generation" than "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was!!!  Come on now... that's so fucking laughable. I like Skid Row and I like the song, but it just doesn't compare to SLTS at all, especially from the "My Generation" type song standpoint.  When Nirvana was out, I was listening to GN'R, Nirvana and Pearl Jam more than any other bands. All of my friends were the same.  I mean, that was our music, Nirvana and Pearl Jam were the top bands of that generation. That's just how it was. It's not up to other people from other generations to say anything different than that. I was living it and I was living it in school and that's just how it was. Nobody gave two shits about Skid Row back then. The 90's were fucking great and I'm so happy that's when I grew up. The majority of the music from the 80's doesn't even compare to the majority of the music in the 90's, when comparing the two today. BE REALISTIC. Fuck, I'm even a fan of a lot of 80's music, but I also know how to be realistic.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:05:10 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 09:04:52 PM »

Thank God for Nirvana. Thank God for all of the other Grunge bands as well.? Without the whole Seattle movement, hair bands might still exist. Nirvana wasn't the only band that helped change music like most people think and I remember back in the day, they weren't always the most popular Grunge band.? Pearl Jam was huge (and still is), plus you had Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.? So even without Nirvana, music would have still changed AND THAT'S A FACT!!? But like I said before, thank God it did. I couldn't even imagine if "Glam" was still popular. I know a ton of people here wish otherwise because that time was probably high school and college for you AND you still wish those bands were around.? I'm glad we don't have to put up with Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, White Snake, Mr. Big and all of those bands these days.? Sure Poison can still sell shows, but they can't sell albums for shit.

Good music shouldn't have to make a come back, it should have never left.? Glam hadn't been around for along time or at least almost nobody cared about it. Grunge made all of those Glam bands look like fucking jokes because everything was based around that stupid image they were portraying. It was at the point where it wasn't even about the music anymore. Glam went from everything to NOTHING and has pretty much stayed that way. You say it's making a "revival" and it really isn't. It will never be as big as it once was or half of what it once was, face it. Nirvana is still around and always will be. Kurt has been dead for 12 years and Nirvana is still a huge band.? Look at GN'R for instance, their music has never had to make a comeback, NEVER.? They have always been relevant and they were formed in a time of Glam\Crotch rock.? Thank God they aren't a hair metal band and that most people are smart enough not to consider them one. I enjoy some hair metal bands but it's not something I would drive around and listen to in my car everyday. I have never liked Motely Crue, Ratt or Dokken as some have said. That's just not my thing and again that's an opinion that I am allowed to have. I'm not making fun of people that still love their hair metal music and I wasn't calling any of your music "lame ass" as you have called Nirvana. BTW, How many world tours have you been on in your life, to be able to call Nirvana "lame ass"?? How many records have you sold?? How many millions of people know who you are?? So don't call the band "lame ass", when infact they are a million times more relevant than your miniscule life will ever be. If they were so fucking "lame ass", I would love to follow right behind them then and be fucking "lame ass" as well, so my music could be world renowned and I could have tons of money to show for it. Plus, I would have every girl in the world wanting to fuck me. Pretty lame ass, huh??? "LAME ASS" bands don't change the face of music and Nirvana was one of those bands that helped do that. Why would you still want "Rock" to be about big hair, hair spray and wearing make-up?? If that's what you think ROCK MUSIC is, how the hell do you have room to call Nirvana "LAME ASS"?? I don't care how many posts you have, but "LAME ASS" NONSENSICAL COMMENTS are decelerated and do nothing POSITIVE for conversation.

EDIT:? WOW!!!!!? I cannot believe someone actually said that "Youth Gone Wild" was more of that generations "My Generation" than "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was!!!? Come on now... that's so fucking laughable. I like Skid Row and I like the song, but it just doesn't compare to SLTS at all, especially from the "My Generation" type song standpoint.? When Nirvana was out, I was listening to GN'R, Nirvana and Pearl Jam more than any other bands. All of my friends were the same.? I mean, that was our music, Nirvana and Pearl Jam were the top bands of that generation. That's just how it was. It's not up to other people from other generations to say anything different than that. I was living it and I was living it in school and that's just how it was. Nobody gave two shits about Skid Row back then. The 90's were fucking great and I'm so happy that's when I grew up. The majority of the music from the 80's doesn't even compare to the majority of the music in the 90's, when comparing the two today. BE REALISTIC. Fuck, I'm even a fan of a lot of 80's music, but I also know how to be realistic.

Regardless of what you say, I still hate Nirvana. Alice In Chains were a much better band.
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 09:22:10 PM »

Thank God for Nirvana. Thank God for all of the other Grunge bands as well.? Without the whole Seattle movement, hair bands might still exist. Nirvana wasn't the only band that helped change music like most people think and I remember back in the day, they weren't always the most popular Grunge band.? Pearl Jam was huge (and still is), plus you had Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.? So even without Nirvana, music would have still changed AND THAT'S A FACT!!? But like I said before, thank God it did. I couldn't even imagine if "Glam" was still popular. I know a ton of people here wish otherwise because that time was probably high school and college for you AND you still wish those bands were around.? I'm glad we don't have to put up with Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, White Snake, Mr. Big and all of those bands these days.? Sure Poison can still sell shows, but they can't sell albums for shit.

Good music shouldn't have to make a come back, it should have never left.? Glam hadn't been around for along time or at least almost nobody cared about it. Grunge made all of those Glam bands look like fucking jokes because everything was based around that stupid image they were portraying. It was at the point where it wasn't even about the music anymore. Glam went from everything to NOTHING and has pretty much stayed that way. You say it's making a "revival" and it really isn't. It will never be as big as it once was or half of what it once was, face it. Nirvana is still around and always will be. Kurt has been dead for 12 years and Nirvana is still a huge band.? Look at GN'R for instance, their music has never had to make a comeback, NEVER.? They have always been relevant and they were formed in a time of Glam\Crotch rock.? Thank God they aren't a hair metal band and that most people are smart enough not to consider them one. I enjoy some hair metal bands but it's not something I would drive around and listen to in my car everyday. I have never liked Motely Crue, Ratt or Dokken as some have said. That's just not my thing and again that's an opinion that I am allowed to have. I'm not making fun of people that still love their hair metal music and I wasn't calling any of your music "lame ass" as you have called Nirvana. BTW, How many world tours have you been on in your life, to be able to call Nirvana "lame ass"?? How many records have you sold?? How many millions of people know who you are?? So don't call the band "lame ass", when infact they are a million times more relevant than your miniscule life will ever be. If they were so fucking "lame ass", I would love to follow right behind them then and be fucking "lame ass" as well, so my music could be world renowned and I could have tons of money to show for it. Plus, I would have every girl in the world wanting to fuck me. Pretty lame ass, huh??? "LAME ASS" bands don't change the face of music and Nirvana was one of those bands that helped do that. Why would you still want "Rock" to be about big hair, hair spray and wearing make-up?? If that's what you think ROCK MUSIC is, how the hell do you have room to call Nirvana "LAME ASS"?? I don't care how many posts you have, but "LAME ASS" NONSENSICAL COMMENTS are decelerated and do nothing POSITIVE for conversation.

EDIT:? WOW!!!!!? I cannot believe someone actually said that "Youth Gone Wild" was more of that generations "My Generation" than "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was!!!? Come on now... that's so fucking laughable. I like Skid Row and I like the song, but it just doesn't compare to SLTS at all, especially from the "My Generation" type song standpoint.? When Nirvana was out, I was listening to GN'R, Nirvana and Pearl Jam more than any other bands. All of my friends were the same.? I mean, that was our music, Nirvana and Pearl Jam were the top bands of that generation. That's just how it was. It's not up to other people from other generations to say anything different than that. I was living it and I was living it in school and that's just how it was. Nobody gave two shits about Skid Row back then. The 90's were fucking great and I'm so happy that's when I grew up. The majority of the music from the 80's doesn't even compare to the majority of the music in the 90's, when comparing the two today. BE REALISTIC. Fuck, I'm even a fan of a lot of 80's music, but I also know how to be realistic.
ofcourse you think that way, your a trend follower you were a teen in the 90's and followed the trends other 90's kids followed. so ofcourse you think nirvana was the greatest thing ever and the 80's were lame blah blah, yeah i get it. but grunge was more about image than anything else, think about all of the best players came from the 80's. they had image and could play their instruments like no others and had a good time while they were at it. 80's wasn't about looking like a homeless person and crying in your own self pitty, it was about good times and making the best of life not about killing your self. oh and last time a checked grunge isn't around anymore either. so why don't you go put on your smelly flannel jacket and stupid doc martins and not wash your hair for a month, role around in some dirt and cry about how bad you smell and how sad life is.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 09:27:11 PM by JohnnyBlade » Logged
guns_n_motley
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 09:58:41 PM »

incase you havent noticed, EVERY SINGLE MUSIC HAS BEEN SOLD ON AN IMAGE whether hair metal was banking on their image, Grunges no image was banking on an image none the less...

so, you grew up in the 90s when hair metal had died..

tell the people that skid row didnt matter to the people who grew up in the 80s Roll Eyes ya, 18million albums sold worldwide, nowbody gave a shit about them Roll Eyes

I wasnt even around in the 90s and I can tell you musically the bands in the 80s were better... of course you liek the 90s better, you are nostalgic for it because it was your youth...
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 10:28:22 PM »

incase you havent noticed, EVERY SINGLE MUSIC HAS BEEN SOLD ON AN IMAGE whether hair metal was banking on their image, Grunges no image was banking on an image none the less...

so, you grew up in the 90s when hair metal had died..

tell the people that skid row didnt matter to the people who grew up in the 80s Roll Eyes ya, 18million albums sold worldwide, nowbody gave a shit about them Roll Eyes

I wasnt even around in the 90s and I can tell you musically the bands in the 80s were better... of course you liek the 90s better, you are nostalgic for it because it was your youth...
basicly what i said, i'll add to the fact that hair bands get the most flack for image but they are talented and people praise punk bands like the sex pistols who couldn't play worth shit so that tells you right there that they sold image, punk sells image not music becuase belive me punk music sounds horrible. same goes for grunge.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 01:57:50 AM »

a world without nirvana...ahh yes, i can see it now, rock music would have continued to dominate and improve and get better and better.....ahh yessssss, many bands would still be around, and many would have gotten the recognition they deserved.

but they did, and killed off everything.

SPOT ON!!!

ENOUGH SAID!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 05:04:38 AM »

Wow, I love when people take everything I say out of context. That's really cool of you. I never said the 80's sucked, RE-READ WHAT I TYPED!!!!  Don't call me a trend follower like it's such a bad thing because you liking hair bands in the 80's growing up is no different.  I can't believe that to this day how so many of you are still so pissed off that Grunge killed off your music.  It's sucks, but it happened.  And don't try to tell me about how everything is based on an image, I know a lot of shit is. My point of course being, that the hair metal era became more about THE FUCKING IMAGE OVER THE MUSIC AND THE IMAGE WAS A TERRIBLE ONE!!!!!  Everyone was sick of the big hair and the make-up, PERIOD. And to whoever said that I think Nirvana is the greatest thing ever, YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T FUCKING READ!!!  I never once said Nirvana was the greatest ever and fuck off for saying Alice in Chains is the better band like you think it's going to piss me off, WHEN AIC IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS, THAT I TALKED ABOUT A FEW POSTS AGO!!!!!  Don't try to make me look like I'm oblivious, WHEN I ALREADY DISCUSSED THEM!!! I LOVE AIC AND I KNOW THAT THEY ARE THE BETTER BAND (In my opinion as well), BUT WHO WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO MUSIC?? You're a liar if you say it wasn't Nirvana or you're just in denial.  I'm not going to argue anymore, because I won already. Look what history has to show us, LOOK EVERYONE.  What happened to GLAM??  IT'S WAS "KILLED OFF"!!!!  Don't be mad at me for it.  I can't believe I'm actually arguing with a group of people over hair metal. I understand a ton of you grew up in that era and are SUPER OFFENDED that you're era of music was killed off by my era of music, but you have to get over it. Why can't we all get along??  I'm not going to argue when it's 10 against 1. So keep taking what I say out of context like a bunch of illiterates (I know you aren't, so STOP ACTING LIKE IT!!!). I'm done and you can all reply to me and say the same shit over again, that obviously doesn't matter at all because as I said before, "LOOK AT THE HISTORY OF MUSIC" and then tell me who's right??  Why hasn't the music of the 90's become the joke of rock history like hair metal has??  Maybe I grew up on a different planet than you guys did??  So go get your faded black Warrant shirt and put on some Monster Ballads and I'll go put in Pearl Jam's "Ten" and smile because that album helped kill hair metal just as much as "Nevermind" did. Peace out people.  ANd don't forget, "She's my Cherry Pie!!!"

EDIT: I just have a few things to add now that I have slept and it's not 5:00 in the morning. Someone mentioned the Sex Pistols and how they only sold on image, well that's not true at all. They weren't that great musically and Johnny Rotten wasn't the best singer ever, but they had something to say and people wanted to hear about it. That's a fact. It wasn't the image ONLY that made the Sex Pistols one of the most important bands in history of music. They were probably the most important band with ONE OFFICIAL album EVER!!  I hope someone will actually help back me up on that one, because it's sad if you think Punk was ALL AN IMAGE AND NOTHING ELSE.  The Ramones were a great fucking band and weren't sold on image alone.  You could even go back to the New York Dolls, who actually helped start Glam, but also helped lay the ground work for the Punk Music scene. Image isn't what sells everything, great music sells great music. Just because the Pistols weren't the greatest musicians ever born, doesn't mean they weren't great.  They were doing Punk music in a different and dangerous way, and again, had something to say that people obviously wanted to hear about.  I hate that people take the level of a musician and base how great he is based on that. How does that make sense??  I don't think it's about how great you can play, it's about how great you can WRITE and how original you can be.  If I can play guitar like Eric Clapton, but can only play other peoples songs, where is that going to get me??  But if I play guitar as good as Jerry Cantrell and I can also write some of the best and most original songs ever written, won't I go further??  People keep saying over and over that when Grunge killed hair metal, that all of the great musicians of the time were forgotten and replaced with shitty musicians.  Hmmmm... it must take a pretty shit musician to wipe away a whole genre of music, huh??  Ever heard of Mike McCready?? I think he is one of the most underrated guitar players of the last 25 years and can play guitar just as well as almost anyone from the hair metal days.  Everyone bases Grunge off of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain and makes opinions around him, and that's not fair. What's wrong with being innovative and doing something different and against the norms?? Isn't that what Grunge did??  They decided not to make Glam Metal music and do something different for a change, AND OBVIOUSLY that's what the majority of music fans wanted because they were sick of Hair Metal. Thus, bye bye to the whole Glam\hair band scene.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:35:19 AM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 07:02:12 AM »

Grin

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 09:10:53 AM »

Who cares what happened after Nirvana?! If you listened past the charts and Kerrang then you'll be ok. Theres hundreds of great bands out there if you ignore the woeful Emo fad and commercial chart rubbish. 

As for the demise of Skid Row, Poison and other hair metal bands, well it was only a good thing. If Axl thinks Seb Bach is the best support he can find then GNR wont be changing the music world anytime soon. Not for the better anyhow.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: