Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:49:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many guitarists are gonna be on Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many guitarists are gonna be on Chinese Democracy  (Read 19520 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2006, 06:31:39 PM »

We heard IRS without Bucket and TWAT without Bucket and I think I speak for everyone when I say his solos added a lot more to those songs.

No. Speak for you. I don't miss Buckethead at all. Never did, and never will.

You're the only person I've ever talked to who thinks those demos are better without his solos.

Admit it, your prejudice against him is blinding you. Those solos are incredible. I used to hate the Bucket, too. Doesn't mean I can't acknowledge how talented a musician he is.

His outros IMO added much, much more to TWAT and IRS.
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2006, 06:35:10 PM »

I don't like either version of IRS really.  However, I do like how they incorporated the solo from the 99 version and the Buckethead solo into the one song, making it longer.  Thats the version I wanna hear with both solos in it. 
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2006, 07:09:54 PM »

I don't like either version of IRS really.? However, I do like how they incorporated the solo from the 99 version and the Buckethead solo into the one song, making it longer.? Thats the version I wanna hear with both solos in it.?

man, if GN'R play a gig near from your home, buy a ticket and go to the show. IRS is a monster Rock track. You need to hear it live to realize how good it is.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2006, 07:14:05 PM »

have anyone mentioned Billy Howerdell? Dident he recorde some tracks for GnR back in 1998/1999 ?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2006, 07:29:29 PM »

All I hope for is lots and lots of cool interesting guitar tones/parts/ideas/etc.

I think it would be kind of cool to have all these random extra guys in there adding a little color here and there. Keep the sound interesting. Bringing in a guest to add something sometimes gives you ideas or a point of view you never would have thought of. Think of it this way, whatever the final Chinese Democracy ends up being, it got there because of all the people who were involved whether or not they make it to the album. Music is a journey and every step along the way colors that journey.

Look at Gov't Mule. When Allen Woody died they started gigging and recording with all these awesome and varied bass players, each one coloring the vibe of the band in a different way and leading them into different directions. It was awesome.
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2006, 07:30:22 PM »

man, if GN'R play a gig near from your home, buy a ticket and go to the show. IRS is a monster Rock track. You need to hear it live to realize how good it is.

Thats what I'm talking about.  I like the live version with the more guitar solos rather than the two demo tracks.  I think the live version rocks out more.  Also... I'm going next month to see them in Baltimore.   smoking
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2006, 09:14:23 PM »

"Killer screams, killer guitar riffs..."

Sebastian Bach! Wo0o0o

gnrevolution.com
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2006, 09:20:40 PM »

Sebastian Bach! Wo0o0o

Did Izzy Stradlin really say that about Finck?
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

Sebastian Bach! Wo0o0o

Did Izzy Stradlin really say that about Finck?

Lol.. I should really change that sig... It's not Izzy Stradlin. Click on the link in the signature! It's Izzy.. one of the members of the board. =D.

I've gotten a bunch of PM's about that.. I think I'll change it..  ok

gnrevolution.com
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »

We heard IRS without Bucket and TWAT without Bucket and I think I speak for everyone when I say his solos added a lot more to those songs.

No. Speak for you. I don't miss Buckethead at all. Never did, and never will.

You're the only person I've ever talked to who thinks those demos are better without his solos.

Admit it, your prejudice against him is blinding you. Those solos are incredible. I used to hate the Bucket, too. Doesn't mean I can't acknowledge how talented a musician he is.

His outros IMO added much, much more to TWAT and IRS.

Nevermind Nesquick.  He's a broken record and hates everything about Buckethead.  You may notice that no one here agrees 99.9% of what he says
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2006, 11:39:42 PM »

i'm not a big fan of shredding and thus probably prefer the non-bucket versions. either way, i'll be thrilled to have a finished CD though.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2006, 05:16:08 AM »

Speak for yourself, I'm happy the Bucket's gone. Fucking happy.

I never liked the idea of that guy being in the band. Enough circus.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2006, 11:30:38 AM »

Out of the two IRS demos.. I definitly prefer the '99 version.

The sound.. is so much.. more 70's sounding. It has a much better vibe/feel to it. And the sirens rule! I hope they make the final version (but I doubt it I guess.. seeing as the live version doesn't have it)

In the end..  I think the mix and vibe of the record will be much more important than any guitarist on it. (This is something I think most people forget so I bolded it)

I don't even like the TWAT solo very much (Finck or Bucket's.) It's cool.. but it doesnt strike any emotion inside of me. It's just there. Tone isn't right...

Pretty sure its just the mix though...

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: