Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:15:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Magic disappearing headlines/threads...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magic disappearing headlines/threads...  (Read 42305 times)
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2006, 02:43:01 AM »

Seems silly of them, since you can read the thing anywhere now...........

You can get the leaks in many places, but not here...

/jarmo

Yeah but you can hardly compare this article to the leaks though. This article is something extremely positive for the band, but they are making a huge mistake by trying to squash all traces of it.  Undecided

well, since they are asking Jarmo to delete everything, it's obvious they don't see this as something positive.. my hunch is that RS fucked it up and printed that article way before the date Merck thought they would print it, so the article comes in a bad time.. or may be they fooled Merck by telling him they would only print a story about what he said but then went and interviewed Bach as well and put all that together in one article, which wasn't what Merck had agreed on..

either way, there's something not right about what RS is doing and they are playing behind management's back.. so as far as their concern, this article is as illegal as any leak (holding information that we shouldn't be reading at this time at least)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:46:35 AM by dodger girl » Logged

estranged.1098
« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2006, 02:48:11 AM »

Seems silly of them, since you can read the thing anywhere now...........

/jarmo

Yeah but you can hardly compare this article to the leaks though. This article is something extremely positive for the band, but they are making a huge mistake by trying to squash all traces of it.  Undecided

well, since they are asking Jarmo to delete everything, it's obvious they don't see this as something positive.. my hunch is that RS fucked it up and printed that article way before the date Merck thought they would print it, so the article comes in a bad time.. or may be they fooled Merck by telling him they would only print a story about what he said but then went and interviewed Bach as well and put all that together in one article, which wasn't what Merck had agreed on..

either way, there's something not right about what RS is doing and they are playing behind management's back.. so as far as their concern, this article is as illegal as any leak (holding information that we shouldn't be reading at this time at least)

Let's get one thing straight here: there's absolutely nothing illegal in the article. At least not in the USA. Believe it or not, Merck and his team don't control what others are allowed to say.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2006, 02:49:08 AM »

Let's get one thing straight here: there's absolutely nothing illegal in the article. At least not in the USA. Believe it or not, Merck and his team don't control what others are allowed to say.

They do on this board.

However, the internet is a big place.................
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2006, 02:49:56 AM »

well yes, i guess illegal is not the word, i was just trying to make a point at why could management not want this article spread all over

SLCPUNK
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2006, 02:54:43 AM »

well yes, i guess illegal is not the word, i was just trying to make a point at why could management not want this article spread all over

I understood what you meant. It was a good point.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2006, 04:02:28 AM »

What was the article about ? (basic lines ?)

And also, did I miss something about the PR regarding the Jacksonville show ? I'm looking for it everywhere yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2006, 05:53:25 AM »

Since that time, I've watched while an inordinate number of posts and threads criticizing Merck, Beta, management, Axl and/or the band were systematically deleted, along with references to the women he was photographed with and a myriad of other topics.? ?

You bet I remove posts that say things like "she looks ugly", "I'd fuck her", "why is Axl out with that bitch?" and shit like that.

It's got nothing to do with the band or their music.

Same thing with posts attacking people around the band. If you think this place is for attacking people who work for the band and who have helped us out a lot during this year, you're wrong.

Just because you think you're the world's best manager doesn't mean you have the right to attack and insult people who actually work for the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2006, 06:30:53 AM »

Since that time, I've watched while an inordinate number of posts and threads criticizing Merck, Beta, management, Axl and/or the band were systematically deleted, along with references to the women he was photographed with and a myriad of other topics.? ?

You bet I remove posts that say things like "she looks ugly", "I'd fuck her", "why is Axl out with that bitch?" and shit like that.

It's got nothing to do with the band or their music.

Same thing with posts attacking people around the band. If you think this place is for attacking people who work for the band and who have helped us out a lot during this year, you're wrong.

Re-read my post.? I was cool with those posts being removed (and I'll add now, ESPECIALLY the meaningless personal attacks).? However, I'm drawing the line at innocuous NEWS.

I'm supporting you.? I just don't think GNR and their management are.

Just because you think you're the world's best manager doesn't mean you have the right to attack and insult people who actually work for the band.

I don't know who you're referring to here, sounds pretty specific and I don't know who's been doing the insulting, I just know that I've personally been supportive -- until shit like this comes up.? I hate to see management alienating fans and press.? There's really no need to do that.?
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2006, 07:15:11 AM »

PS:  I sure hope you have a special 'Pulled Threads' hidden forum to stash all these missing threads in and don't just delete them forever.  I'd really like you to re-read ALL my posts!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2006, 08:49:08 AM »

I was talking about all the fans who think they should manage the band because they know when to release an album, what to do and how to act.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2006, 01:30:52 PM »

You should a post disclaimer saying news articles maybe asked to be deleted by management and will be done so if asked, that way at least its somewhere on the board and people will know that not all news can be discussed/posted on your site. Because to most the way it appears until you start deleting threads that we can discuss anything pertaining to guns n rose. Escpecially news articles in print. I understands its your board but I think people are pissed more because its a news story thats in print and it seems to me, mostly as observer, in the past there hasnt been news in print? removed before. Maybe a disclaimer will help settle people down if this happens again in the future, just a thought.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »

this just doesn?t make a lot of sense....

if rolling stone "fooled" merck, he`d have contacted THEM, not jarmo..... or sued them or whatever...

i guess more people are visiting rolling stone.com than this site.... of course i could be wrong though...

i just don`t like the fact that threads about this article are getting deleted....i`m fine with all the other "censorship" or how you`d like to call it, but this subject is interesting to say the least..

jarmo, did they tell you any reasons, why they don?t want this to be posted here?   i mean the other examples you mentioned were pretty reasonable to me (like photos of buckethead...)

i don`t want you to tell us the reasons.... you won`t do it anyways... but did they tell you any?

this whole thing has gotten way out of hand anyways....  or do you think there`s one member of this board left who didn`t read about it?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2006, 05:13:47 PM »

this just doesn?t make a lot of sense....

if rolling stone "fooled" merck, he`d have contacted THEM, not jarmo..... or sued them or whatever...

i guess more people are visiting rolling stone.com than this site.... of course i could be wrong though...

i just don`t like the fact that threads about this article are getting deleted....i`m fine with all the other "censorship" or how you`d like to call it, but this subject is interesting to say the least..

jarmo, did they tell you any reasons, why they don?t want this to be posted here?   i mean the other examples you mentioned were pretty reasonable to me (like photos of buckethead...)

i don`t want you to tell us the reasons.... you won`t do it anyways... but did they tell you any?

this whole thing has gotten way out of hand anyways....  or do you think there`s one member of this board left who didn`t read about it?

have a thread with a poll n find out.

html sucks
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2006, 08:33:09 PM »

/jarmo

Discussion of the leaks were allowed, just not any links to the actual songs.  What's different here?  Why not just remove all the links to the RS article, but allow people to discuss it?.... and like someone already said, how much is REALLY said in the article that we didn't already know (besides one song title)?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2006, 08:37:02 PM »

I just hate that after all these years of waiting and being loyal, when some actual news comes out we aren't allowed to talk about it.

I mean all the years of hardship GNR fans have went through and now when we finally get to be excited and finally have a light at the end of the tunnel, we don't get to take advantage of discussing it.

I just can't understand what the big deal is.

To me, discussing leaked songs is way way far worse than some article in a mag they may have been released too early.

the new song title is the only spoiler..... We've heard the some tuesday line weeks ago.

But we have heard i dont know how many song titles and as long as we don't hear the actual song , I dont see what the fuss is about.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #215 on: October 20, 2006, 12:27:15 AM »

Jarmo, this is getting downright retarded. This isn't a leak but a news article. This used to be a place to discuss ALL GnR news (even discussing the leaks, minus links of course) but this is pushing it far beyond anything thats gone on before. I see people defend this saying "But it's a private board... Jarmo decides... fuck off somewhere else" and for a lot of other things I agree with that.

This instance though you and management are wrong. Why are you even running this "discussion" board if you are just going to be GnR managements whipping boy.. "Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir"... I come here to read and discuss GnR at it's base level, as a fan. This news article, while not earth shattering, is valid and in the public domain. The only reason I come here is simple, the music. There is nothing else.

For those wondering what this hoohaa is all about, go to the RS website. If this is the future of this board, then how many people are going to stay and NOT talk about any and all GnR related news.

Most will think this post is an attack, but it's not. I'm just trying to understand why you've put the best GnR fan board in this position.

Confused

Scree

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #216 on: October 20, 2006, 01:25:21 AM »

It's worse that this comes right after the mod's started deleting threads about the tour dates being postponed while making people wait for a press release from management that never came.

Everyone here wants to discuss GN'R and two key pieces of news come out (the start of the tour being delayed and an article about the band's new album) and we're essentially told not to talk about either for absolutely no reason.  The mods love to get kicks out of ragging on people for whining and complaining, but now the band IS doing something that should be discussed and we're told to just keep our mouths shut?
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #217 on: October 20, 2006, 03:20:51 AM »

What a way to confirm a story. We now know that the album will be released with no fanfare on a Tuesday. Before the deleted threads we could only speculate on the article, management & Jarmo have indirectly confirmed it.

Perhaps the cencorship isnt aimed at us die-hards but at music journos/bloggers etc who come here to get copy on GNR.

I would have done what management asked, all of us would.
cd.com and gnrunleashed have followed HTGTH's lead and are doing the same.

Perhaps they want it to be a surprise for us. Imagine walking past your record shop and seeing CD in the window???

ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2006, 03:53:54 AM »

what happened??

Was in the middle of typing my well thought out reply:

Think about how movies are promoted now: what is most important is promoting the shit out of a movie, then measuring the $$ in the opening weekend. Thats it. Then its on DVD in a matter of several weeks. Before movies were made for entertainment they were made for an artistic value. Been several years since I have seen a mainstream movie that could be called art.

To tie it all in:

Todays music industry has become like the movie industry- focusing on how much you can sell off the starting line. Quality has taken a back seat to the ever important sales figures.

Remember when Led Zeppelin put out the album with stairway to heaven ( Led Zep 4)- they did not even have the bands name on it- just those 4 symbols. It sold very well, but was an unconventional approach.

GNR are doing the same thing. Using an unconventional marketing idea. I think thats great. Doing something different than everyone else. Promote the shit out of it, play the 1st single into the ground and the album doesnt live up to the hype- GNR is not going that route. Let it create its own buzz and truely stand or fall on its own merits, rather than a room full of marketers ideas.

Intresting idea, i hope thats what they are doing
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2006, 07:31:46 AM »

The mods love to get kicks out of ragging on people for whining and complaining, but now the band IS doing something that should be discussed and we're told to just keep our mouths shut?

You don't know what we love since you're not a mod.

I'm not gonna repeat myself.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: