Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:29:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Jarmo's Secret
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jarmo's Secret  (Read 11322 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 11:04:09 AM »

Everything he's done in the past doesn't make what he's doing now right in any sense of the word... attempting to censor the "GNR Community" for no real reason other than to go on getting "exclusive" announcements that are made public to everybody a couple of hours later anyway.

You don't know my reason(s).

No, it's not because I'm in love with Axl like some of you think.

It's called respect.

Sanctuary HOSTS this site.

That's not true. They used to host it on their webserver. But I've moved the site ages ago to a new regular webserver supplied by a regular webhosting company in USA.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 11:06:05 AM »

Oops!  My bad, Jarmo.
I'll go and edit that post.
Sorry!  My faux pas!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 11:07:41 AM »

Everything he's done in the past doesn't make what he's doing now right in any sense of the word... attempting to censor the "GNR Community" for no real reason other than to go on getting "exclusive" announcements that are made public to everybody a couple of hours later anyway.

It's called respect.

No... I don't know your reason(s). ?You know why? ?You won't tell us!
And if the reason you won't tell us is because they haven't told you why, then why respect them? ?They obviously have no respect for you if they're willing to tell you what to do and then let you take the heat for it, not giving you anything to tell us to explain just what is going on.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 11:11:03 AM »

I thought Jarmo's secret was the naked pictures he likes to send me of himself with pictures of GNR pasted over his man parts?

and i thought it was safe with me.... whoops...

Wink

DAMN YOU FOR HOARDING THESE PICTURES!!! Silly me, I thought Chinese Democracy was the best thing going to be released this year... Wink

I'm hoarding the pictures until someone gives me Vegas 01 DVD!
anythinggoes
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 11:15:55 AM »

It's called respect.

No... I don't know your reason(s). ?You know why? ?You won't tell us!
And if the reason you won't tell us is because they haven't told you why, then why respect them? ?They obviously have no respect for you if they're willing to tell you what to do and then let you take the heat for it, not giving you anything to tell us to explain just what is going on.

I think GN'R management have more respect for Jarmo than any other Site Owner Admin etc and defintly more than thay heve for people like you. This site is one of the most proffesionaly run sites and fares better then most official Message boards at least here we dont get the Bullshit rumours rammed down our throats and we know management are in contact with Jarmo more than can be said for some other sites.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 11:23:11 AM »

Maybe... just maybe, it's because they saw this was the most popular site and decided to use it as a tool to meet their own ends.  Nothing to do with respect.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 11:30:27 AM »

I dont tend to post in this admin bit but reading some recent posts have really annoyed me. There is obviously stuff going on in the Guns N Roses world and its an amazing time. Now Jarmo runs this site and it is a cracking site to use, now if he has contact with anyone in the bands management then so what? He deserves it of he runs this site with the respect and integrity that he does. I would do exactly the same. Some of you people are very quick to moan and whine about things! Just enjoy the fact that Guns N Roses are back in a big way and for some people you are experiencing the band properly for the first time! So enjoy and stop moaning at the person who has provided us with as much up to date info on the band as there has been over the quiet years! Mike

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 11:32:02 AM »

I don't moan about other threads being deleted, or anything like that like most people here do.  I just moan when something as idiotic as this happens.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 11:34:15 AM »

I don't moan about other threads being deleted, or anything like that like most people here do.  I just moan when something as idiotic as this happens.

maybe jarmo has to be extra careful cuz maybe it matters more than we even know

Shouldn't you give him the benefit of the doubt?

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 11:43:56 AM »

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, once a real explanation is given.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, once a real explanation is given.

Does he have to explain every move he makes ? Chill people ...

Man, it's not easy to be a website administrator. I know because I'm one.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 11:51:56 AM »

Not every move... but a move as big as this, definitely.
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 11:55:18 AM »

Well its Jarmo's site so he can delete what he wants. It does seem futile though because the post exists on other boards. if i had a gnr website and gnr managment asked me to delete certain topics then i too would do it.

the plot thickens...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 11:59:36 AM »

I dont tend to post in this admin bit but reading some recent posts have really annoyed me. There is obviously stuff going on in the Guns N Roses world and its an amazing time. Now Jarmo runs this site and it is a cracking site to use, now if he has contact with anyone in the bands management then so what? He deserves it of he runs this site with the respect and integrity that he does. I would do exactly the same. Some of you people are very quick to moan and whine about things! Just enjoy the fact that Guns N Roses are back in a big way and for some people you are experiencing the band properly for the first time! So enjoy and stop moaning at the person who has provided us with as much up to date info on the band as there has been over the quiet years! Mike

nicely put Mike - and I agree entirely. ?Jarmo doesnt have to explain himself for each and every action. ?The guy has obviously worked long and hard to keep this site tip-top and it really is the best Guns site out there, I think. ? We dont get reasons or explanations from GnR, so why should Jarmo be bullied into telling us. ?Obviously things are a little more fever pitched these days as we can all smell its getting very close, but hang on hang on. ?How fucking cool was it that HTGTH organised highly successful pre-sales for our favourite band's gigs? peace ?Dont bite the hand that feeds.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 12:00:57 PM »

Oh, the presales were so successful... because, y'know... tickets went so fast it was impossible to get them from anywhere else. Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 12:13:13 PM »

MrRedfield, you seem to think I owe you something.

Newsflash: I don't owe you shit.

I don't have to explain to you why I do things. I'm sorry, but that's how it works.

Sometimes I do things because I've seen the discussion before and I know for a fact where it's headed after just only reading a few posts.

You obviously don't seem to understand what respect is about. If I respect and trust a certain person, I don't need to ask "why?" every time (s)he asks me for a favor.

Oh, the presales were so successful... because, y'know... tickets went so fast it was impossible to get them from anywhere else. Roll Eyes

Funny how you're quick to dismiss the good things. Yeah, you seem like a unbiased person.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 12:19:37 PM »

I'm not a biased person.  I'm a realistic person.  What's so good about presales when you can get tickets just as easily other places?  I didn't make use of the presales because of this reason.  It's not something highly special.  It's definitely not worth unwavering compliance to them when they're not giving you a reason to do it - which again, shows their disrespect for you.
And when you're telling us what we can and can't talk about and not giving us a good reason why, you owe us all something.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 12:25:30 PM »

I've given you a reason over and over again, but you're too stubborn to understand it.

I've never spoken to you or met you. We've never had any kind of conversation so how the hell can you undertand anything I'm about?

I'm not gonna repeat myself because one guy is too fucking busy repeating himself over and over again.

Many people seem to get it, but not you.

No, I don't owe you shit. Get it through your head.

By the way, if you could've figure out my "secret", maybe you'd have a web site celebrating its 10th birthday in a week.

/jarmo

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 12:27:06 PM »

You haven't given an explanation... you've given cryptic comments. Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 12:31:06 PM »

You owe me, you still post here.  ok

Cryptic because you don't understand them.

It makes sense to most people. I don't know if anybody ever asked you for a favor. Maybe not judging by your posts.

So for the last time, I was asked, I did it because I respect them. Easy. It's all you need to know.

If you wanna keep this going, do it somewhere else.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: