Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 07:51:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227999 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy cannot come out with ZERO advance notice
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy cannot come out with ZERO advance notice  (Read 17117 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2006, 02:00:07 PM »

If it was coming out THIS coming Tuesday, it would have to have already been pressed, packaged and shipped.? ?All totally hush-hush.

There would be people in music stores today and tomorrow opening the boxes and seeing it.? ?And they'd ALL be keeping quiet about it.

Unless - release it on iTunes only.

Ya so you are telling me that the 16 year old kid that works down the street at my bestbuy is going to keep quiet.? ?Fuck that shit.? mabey him, but i bet someone would talk.

Fact is.? ?This Album is not schedualled to be released any time soon...? ? ?You think the managers at the record stores, just one day open a box and say,"hey look it the new GNR cd, we should sell this."? ?Fuck that.? ?They have to know pre-sale.? ?Then if someone knows, someone talks.

Absolutely true.? The days of something showing up at a mom and pop place where someone takes a price gun, pops a tag on, and puts it on a shelf are over.

Big Box retailers need to have sku's prior to release, with a title and price.? That's not only part of the way they do business, but the way they track inventory levels, sales, everything.? And no big box retailer (best buy, walmart, etc) is going to "make nice" with GnR by putting up a sku from the Frogs at 14.99.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:03:42 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2006, 02:02:24 PM »

If it was coming out THIS coming Tuesday, it would have to have already been pressed, packaged and shipped.? ?All totally hush-hush.

There would be people in music stores today and tomorrow opening the boxes and seeing it.? ?And they'd ALL be keeping quiet about it.

Unless - release it on iTunes only.

Ya so you are telling me that the 16 year old kid that works down the street at my bestbuy is going to keep quiet.? ?Fuck that shit.? mabey him, but i bet someone would talk.

Fact is.? ?This Album is not schedualled to be released any time soon...? ? ?You think the managers at the record stores, just one day open a box and say,"hey look it the new GNR cd, we should sell this."? ?Fuck that.? ?They have to know pre-sale.? ?Then if someone knows, someone talks.

Read my post with your eyes open Wink

We're reading from the same book, preaching to the converted, singing the same song.   We agree.  It could NOT be kept quiet. Smiley

Unless - an iTunes release.  It would not require the 16yo at the Best Buy to know shit.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2006, 02:04:35 PM »

Screw Itunes!  I want a flashy cover with liner notes, and a bonus DVD!  I'm willing to PAY MONEY!  lol

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »

Screw Itunes!? I want a flashy cover with liner notes, and a bonus DVD!? I'm willing to PAY MONEY!? lol

I think most of us are (me included).? ? But an iTunes release is quick and easy.? ?Release on iTunes earlier and then release on compact disc 1,2,3,4 weeks later.

There will be people that will purchase from iTunes and THEN purchase the CD.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2006, 02:09:32 PM »

just a theory, what if the album comes out October 24!!?? first night of the tour, a tuesday.. we could get it any tuesday they said..

yeah, that was my theory, back on page 3, yesterday. ok
i think it will be October 24th , (Oct 31st at the latest) possibly download only(gunsnroses.com, or iTunes) at first, then the actual album will release in stores, after that

You have to be crazy to think that.? ?You actually think they would release an album without a single on the radio.? ? Name me the last band that did this.

If the album isnt out by the american thanksgiving there is no chance it will be out this year.

quite possible.  not the first time i have been called crazy, either. lol hihi

but that's my theory, and i'm stickin to it.  call me a crazy moron, later, if i am wrong.  Tongue

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »

Didn't VR talk early on about possibly releasing their first album online.. I seem to remember Slash suggesting that. If GnR did, I'd be upset, even if it was a few days or week prior. I'm with WhatIsItMan, I want the cover, the case, the liner notes, the lyrics, the pics, I WANT IT ALL BABY!!!  Why?? Cause I'm PASNOW dammit that's why!! rant rant rant
CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2006, 02:21:41 PM »

Well, I can think of only one plan to really get the inside scoop from record store employees.

Ladies, here is the mission, should you choose to accept it....
Find either the 17 year old new kid, or the 35 year old dude, get chummy with him, maybe flash him the treasures and voila! Instant info!

Naturally, photographic evidence is enouraged so we can congratulate you appropriately.

Wink
 I'm not sure what the penalty for goofing around is these days, but I thought everyone needed a chuckle
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2006, 02:30:16 PM »

Well, I can think of only one plan to really get the inside scoop from record store employees.

Find either the 17 year old new kid, or the 35 year old dude, get chummy with him, maybe flash him the treasures and voila! Instant info!

Naturally, photographic evidence is enouraged so we can congratulate you appropriately.

Wink
 I'm not sure what the penalty for goofing around is these days, but I thought everyone needed a chuckle

That's horrendous Angry Angry ?!! In this day & age photographic evidence is not merely enough, what with Photoshop & all. A :20 second video clip sounds more reasonable.. Along with a followup video clip of her holding a copy of todays newspaper so we know it's recent.!!  ok
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2006, 02:36:32 PM »

Wink

Won't work.  Because just like a Jack Bauer torture subject, they'll just tell ya what they know you want to hear in order to get what they want (which, admittedly, is much different when it's a Jack Bauer subject...).  That 17 year old kid will tell you Axl is his freaking uncle if it'll get him a peek at some ta ta's.  And that 35 year old guy working at best buy...might not wanna get too chummy with him, either.  He might want more than flashes of the treasures for info.....and he'll lie worse than the 17 year old will just to get a little touchie feelie going.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »

After all these years, and all this anticipation - especially with the weird stuff happening around here in the past 24 hours - nothing would surprise me at this point.  No matter what, I'm checking record stores tomorrow...

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2006, 03:51:25 PM »

After all these years, and all this anticipation - especially with the weird stuff happening around here in the past 24 hours - nothing would surprise me at this point.? No matter what, I'm checking record stores tomorrow...

Save your gas, don't bother..
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »

After all these years, and all this anticipation - especially with the weird stuff happening around here in the past 24 hours - nothing would surprise me at this point.? No matter what, I'm checking record stores tomorrow...

What can I say?  I'm an optimist...      beer
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2006, 03:59:37 PM »

What can I say?? I'm an optimist...? ? ? beer

Waste of time..... (Hey could you PM me if you see it there hihi)

beer
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2006, 04:01:41 PM »

What can I say?? I'm an optimist...? ? ? beer

Waste of time..... (Hey could you PM me if you see it there hihi)

beer

Absolutely.  Of course, it might take me a couple of listens through before I can tear myself away...       peace
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2006, 04:03:22 PM »

Look at Mysteron's post in the "Market this" thread.  It was sarcasm.  The CD will not come out without advance notice.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2006, 04:55:21 PM »

I love when people talk about Internet nerds, Like this is 1993 and only 10,000 people have the internet or something.

I think u would be surprised at how many people get their info and news from the internet.

Chinese Demcoracy is too big, too mythical and has been built up way too much just to release like a normal CD.

Axl has to do this in a different exciting way.

There are no rules that u have to release a single/video go on talk shows blah blah blah and then release the album. Personally I think this strategy is played out and dull.

There is no reason GNR cant release the album,single and video all on the same day.  First week sales may be affected some but the 2nd week sales would skyrocket.

I like the idea of just putting it on the shelves. Word of mouth would spread, it would cause tons of buzz and excitement. It would even make national news shows.

Plus being negative...... Releasing it this way also gives GNR a cop out if it doesn't sell well as they would then be able to blame it on "management" and the record label for lack of promotion, so they have a built in excuse if it doesn't sell well.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2006, 04:58:23 PM »

I love when people talk about Internet nerds, Like this is 1993 and only 10,000 people have the internet or something.

I think u would be surprised at how many people get their info and news from the internet.

Chinese Demcoracy is too big, too mythical and has been built up way too much just to release like a normal CD.

Axl has to do this in a different exciting way.

There are no rules that u have to release a single/video go on talk shows blah blah blah and then release the album. Personally I think this strategy is played out and dull.

There is no reason GNR cant release the album,single and video all on the same day.? First week sales may be affected some but the 2nd week sales would skyrocket.

I like the idea of just putting it on the shelves. Word of mouth would spread, it would cause tons of buzz and excitement. It would even make national news shows.

Plus being negative...... Releasing it this way also gives GNR a cop out if it doesn't sell well as they would then be able to blame it on "management" and the record label for lack of promotion, so they have a built in excuse if it doesn't sell well.

10801 posts. Don't recall you 'D' ever being here?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »

I have been semi-retired for a while. HOwever now things are crackin, I will be back in full swing. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2006, 05:04:25 PM »

I have been semi-retired for a while. HOwever now things are crackin, I will be back in full swing. ok

semi-retired  hihi  too much HTDGTH eh  Grin
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »

once CD is out this board's going to change. The only thing i can imagine people posting will be views on the new tracks. Positive and negative views and the usual lists, fillers non fillers etc  peace
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: