Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Death of A President
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Death of A President  (Read 6493 times)
AtariLegend
« on: October 19, 2006, 06:17:45 PM »

Is anyone in the UK watching the CH4 documentary tonight in which President Bush gets assassinated?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 06:24:52 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:50 PM »

sadly not, but anyone recording it and putting it on the net will get a virtual huge kiss from me Grin

Nothing to say
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 06:48:02 PM »

Whats it matter to you? i dont believe England has any presence in Iraq. Eventually everyone in that country will kill each other and Iraq will become a cashcow for the US. Its not the US' fault Iraqi's dont value human life and we have to pay for the war somehow.
AtariLegend
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 06:59:20 PM »

Whats it matter to you? i dont believe England has any presence in Iraq. Eventually everyone in that country will kill each other and Iraq will become a cashcow for the US. Its not the US' fault Iraqi's dont value human life and we have to pay for the war somehow.

If you want to post stupid pro-war messages fine then, and anyway they would've been better of without America's spread of unwanted fake democracy. The film isn't even about England or Britain being in Iraq.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 07:01:59 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

If you want to post stupid pro-war messages fine then, and anyway they would've been better of without America's spread of unwanted fake democracy. The film isn't even about England or Britain being in Iraq.

Atari, you have a VERY ignorant way of portraying Bush's war in Iraq as that of the American publics war in Iraq.  Stop watching moronic "mockumentarys" and pick up a newspaper or magazine - MOST AMERICANS DON'T SUPPORT THE WAR or BUSH!  And when the polls suggested otherwise a few years ago it was because people were misinformed and/or lied to.  Most Americans have wised up to this now.

Take your hate someplace else.  You and a couple of other people on this board keep hitting repeat on the same boring song over and over again. 

As anti-bush as I am, this film seems rather tasteless from what I have read.  As little interest as I have in watching shows the right are behind (like The Path to 9-11), the retarded ones from the left (this movie) are just as bad.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 07:15:53 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
AtariLegend
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »

Don't even think about posting on this thread again until you see the film, if you ever do. This isn't a political debate, I was just asking if anyone saw it, and what they thought of it. If you haven't seen it, post your comments else were.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 07:27:19 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 07:39:01 PM »

wtf, hell no i havent seen it, and i still hate bush and his fuckin war.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 09:15:41 PM »

Don't even think about posting on this thread again until you see the film, if you ever do. This isn't a political debate, I was just asking if anyone saw it, and what they thought of it. If you haven't seen it, post your comments else were.

i posted.

what are you gonna do tough guy?   rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

and its "not a political thread" hmm?  Then who is the guy who said this:

If you want to post stupid pro-war messages fine then, and anyway they would've been better of without America's spread of unwanted fake democracy.

that sounds pretty political don't ya think tough guy?

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 09:18:29 PM »

I love how people who have no vested interest in the war and have made absolutely no sacrifices seem to have the stongest opinions.? If you're gonna champion the side of a cause, at least choose a cuase that affects you and one you're willing to get involved with.? And no, writing reguritated letters to news papers, bitching and protesting or anti-protesting doesn't count.

And it's disturbing that someone would make a movie about the assasination of America's President.? For people opposed to violence to make this kind of film, well it speaks for itself.....
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 10:49:40 PM »

I love how people who have no vested interest in the war and have made absolutely no sacrifices seem to have the stongest opinions.  If you're gonna champion the side of a cause, at least choose a cuase that affects you and one you're willing to get involved with.  And no, writing reguritated letters to news papers, bitching and protesting or anti-protesting doesn't count.

And it's disturbing that someone would make a movie about the assasination of America's President.  For people opposed to violence to make this kind of film, well it speaks for itself.....

The movie is just beyond retarded.  From what I recall of the synopsis, the assasin turns out to be a grieving african american whose son is killed in Iraq.  But the EVIL american government blames it on Syria and starts a new war and takes away all of our civil liberties.  I think I'd rather watch Loose Change hahaha.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 11:00:15 PM »

I love how people who have no vested interest in the war and have made absolutely no sacrifices seem to have the stongest opinions. 

Let the chest beating begin...........
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 11:03:15 PM »

I love how people who have no vested interest in the war and have made absolutely no sacrifices seem to have the stongest opinions. 

Let the chest beating begin...........

Clinton's fault.  Grin

gnrevolution.com
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 11:03:58 PM »

that movie is absoutley disguisting and i will never watch it. whether you like or hate bush to go and watch a movie about a PERSON being killed is disguisting. say what you want to me i dont give a crap whether you like what i say or not. i happen to be a republican. at the present time i am not happy with bush right now, and god knows if thatll ever happen. but if this was a movie about killing clinton or kerry if he was elected, all you democrats would have a shit fit. look if your going to watch that movie then you have no respect for human life. whether you believe in Bush and this war or not, there should never be a movie made about killing a human life, only because you dont agree with his views. end of story...

and now you can begin telling me im an idiot, or stupid, or a piece of shit, and guess what? I DONT CARE! everyones intitled to their opinon and theirs mine.

also i agree, its amazing how the people who have less invested in this war than americans do, are so brave to step up and speak against it. but if it was ur country that had gotten hit in 2001 and you went to war, where would all of you be? still really brave and talking against the war like you do? i really dont think so...

let the bashing begin...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 11:07:10 PM »

This will never be played in the USA. But I'm sure it will be on the internet soon enough.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 11:07:45 PM »

also i agree, its amazing how the people who have less invested in this war than americans do, are so brave to step up and speak against it.

Why should they not?

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 01:11:35 AM »

that movie is absoutley disguisting and i will never watch it. whether you like or hate bush to go and watch a movie about a PERSON being killed is disguisting. say what you want to me i dont give a crap whether you like what i say or not. i happen to be a republican. at the present time i am not happy with bush right now, and god knows if thatll ever happen. but if this was a movie about killing clinton or kerry if he was elected, all you democrats would have a shit fit. look if your going to watch that movie then you have no respect for human life. whether you believe in Bush and this war or not, there should never be a movie made about killing a human life, only because you dont agree with his views. end of story...

and now you can begin telling me im an idiot, or stupid, or a piece of shit, and guess what? I DONT CARE! everyones intitled to their opinon and theirs mine.

also i agree, its amazing how the people who have less invested in this war than americans do, are so brave to step up and speak against it. but if it was ur country that had gotten hit in 2001 and you went to war, where would all of you be? still really brave and talking against the war like you do? i really dont think so...

let the bashing begin...

whoa whoa settle down....who are you referring to here?  Which "democrats here" said they thought this was a cool movie?  keep the party talk out of this discussion please?  you're making an argument when there isn't one to begin with.

as for the "less invested"....sorry, thats crap.  There is this thing called the United Nations that kinda has an investment in what happens in the world.  Its also the duty (as far as i'm concerned) of free thinking societies to question and form intelligent opinions in regards to the current events of the world around them.

And while I'm not going to call you stupid, or an idiot or a POS, when you say something regarding "getting hit in 2001" and you're referring to the Iraq War as defending the country...well, all I can do is  Roll Eyes  I didn't know there were still people out there who thought the two were connected. 

back on topic - yes, its pretty sick idea for a movie.  i doubt it'll get shown in the US either.  Even left leaning hollywood knows this is in poor taste. (i hope they do at least).

smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 02:20:28 AM »

This just sets a new low for the "artistic" crowd.... and being a fan of arts and film this makes me sick ..... no shame
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 03:12:18 AM »

let the bashing begin...

Umm, chill out.  There are movies released every day about killing but they are just that, movies. 

But I also agree something like this is beyond stupid and inhumane when it is in regard to someone who is currently in power (no matter what my personal feelings towards the man or the war may be).

Oh, and guess what on top of that? I am a Liberal Democrat.
Brody
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 03:23:33 AM »

How would the french or Brits feel if we were making videos about the deaths of your leaders? i have a feeling not very good. lets just say it wouldnt be very popular here. the only reasoning behind this video i could see is that its hate driven.. thats all.. just my opinion on it.
AtariLegend
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 01:09:44 PM »

This is the first time i've created a thread and wished it to be locked.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: