Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:04:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what's happened to brain?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what's happened to brain?  (Read 30624 times)
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« on: October 25, 2006, 06:33:30 AM »

just read he wernt there last night, worried something has happened or him n axl have parted, which i really hope aint happen coz he's a totally awesome drummer n would just be shitty n a huge loss  no Huh
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 06:38:46 AM »

aparently he was sick last night ...

CJ
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:41:02 AM »

CJ

Any links to that info ?

I'm wondering too why Brain wasn't there, like the rest of the fans Huh

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:41:53 AM »

CJ

Any links to that info ?

I'm wondering too why Brain wasn't there, like the rest of the fans Huh

You would think it would be mentioned (by Axl?) during the show at some point...if he's sick, I hope he's better and back soon.
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 06:42:59 AM »

maybe they didn't play any new songs because frank fell in at the last minute (if brian, or maybe his baby was sick at the last moment?)

Like peeing clouds!
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 06:50:16 AM »

maybe they didn't play any new songs because frank fell in at the last minute (if brian, or maybe his baby was sick at the last moment?)
thats a good possiblity-it wouldnt suprise me that there were problems on this tour-there has been on each of the last ones!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 08:35:06 AM »

What is the point of having him around then, if he is not ready to go on all of the songs? If that is the case, then that sucks for all the people there last night, who seem to have missed out on 3-4 songs.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 09:16:06 AM »

well... they played better, irs, chinese democracy and the blues.... nobody missed out on anything

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 09:17:03 AM »

Wow. People, I don't know this as fact, I'm just using something crazy called common sense. The reason they didn't play any new songs last night is NOT because Brain wasn't there. It's because the new album isn't out yet. They are already playing several songs from the new album, I think it's safe to say there won't be any more until the album drops. I really hope we don't see a bunch of people saying "I hope he gives the release date tonight" for every show either. Again using common sense, the release date will come in the form of a press release, not a stage banter.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 11:03:51 AM »

Wow. People, I don't know this as fact, I'm just using something crazy called common sense. The reason they didn't play any new songs last night is NOT because Brain wasn't there. It's because the new album isn't out yet. They are already playing several songs from the new album, I think it's safe to say there won't be any more until the album drops. I really hope we don't see a bunch of people saying "I hope he gives the release date tonight" for every show either. Again using common sense, the release date will come in the form of a press release, not a stage banter.

I don't believe either is the reason. I also have no real clue or suggestion why they're not playing newer songs, but I think it's about more then just the album not being out yet. I certainly don't think it had anything to do with Brain not being there though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 11:40:05 AM »

Brain and Frank are both in Guns N' Roses.

We'll see more of Frank at this time because Brain is still a new father. As you might know, his daughter was born in July.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 11:40:16 AM »

What is the point of having him around then, if he is not ready to go on all of the songs? If that is the case, then that sucks for all the people there last night, who seem to have missed out on 3-4 songs.
apparently you don't have children or a family, in the real world, family usually takes priority, if this is the case have a heart!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 11:42:50 AM »

Can anyone tell any discernable difference between Brain & Frank's playing?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AxlCorey
Opening Act

Ba ba booey

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 11:46:03 AM »

apparently you don't have children or a family, in the real world, family usually takes priority, if this is the case have a heart!!!

99% of the jobs in the U.S. don't allow maternity leave for men...just sayin'.  Maybe Axl is being a real nice guy and allowing it, but I know my job wouldn't.  I understand he's on the road, but it definitely strikes me as weird that he's still at home with the wife and kid.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 11:54:49 AM »

ever think maybe he is really sick?Or maybe he partied with Axl the day before & cant handle the booze as well. ( Axl mentioned something about having a  hangover last night I believe)

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 11:56:26 AM »

I believe he is, everything is just pure speculation.  I merit Axl for keeping somethings a surprise.  I've heard enough of the album already.
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 11:56:37 AM »

We'll see more of Frank at this time because Brain is still a new father. As you might know, his daughter was born in July.

/jarmo
What do you mean by this? Is this official or just your opinion/conclusion??
greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 11:57:37 AM »

/jarmo

I know a lot has been going on lately but imo this is the hugest piece of news we've heard this month. ?Frank "in" GNR? ? Big difference between filling in as a backup and being in the band. ?If brain's not back on drums in the next few shows I'm going to seriously consider selling my tix for the WV show. ?I'm sure they still rock but having seen NIN before with a fill in drummer i'm not interested in dropping $75 on seeing GNR without brain behind the kit. ?Not saying the show will be bad but I know from past experience that it will effect my enjoyment and I won't be able to get over wondering how the songs would sound with brain playing. ?I still hope the tour goes well and everyone enjoys the shows they get to attend.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 12:00:55 PM »

sounds like Frank is no hack, so I wouldnt base your whole going to the show on Brain.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 12:02:05 PM »

/jarmo
What do you mean by this? Is this official or just your opinion/conclusion??

Yeah. No shit! That's kind of a big bombshell to drop that I don't believe anyone else knows if that's a fact.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: