Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:25:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what's happened to brain?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what's happened to brain?  (Read 30628 times)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2006, 06:45:47 PM »

No I'm not sure about that, I'm just sure thats what the website says.

www.vegoose.com? ?Like I said, I'll post when I get back from the show to let you know if Brain was there, oh yeah, you guys can watch the show online and see for yourselves

that's not an article about the next Praxis show: it's only the history of Praxis!!? Roll Eyes

Well no shit  Roll Eyes  which is why I said I would let people know if he REALLY was there......

Axl is God.
fixintodie
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »

It does say Brain is in the current lineup, or something to that effect.

But then, Brain's in the current lineup of GNR and he ain't onstage with them either.  hihi
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2006, 06:52:40 PM »

I think Brain's the best dummer Guns N' Roses has ever had... BUT if he's on stage tomorrow night with Buckethead (of all people) in Vegas while GN'R is bustin' their ass on tour across North America... dude should be fired yesterday. I'll become President of the Frank Ferrer Fan Club.

I can't imagine that's what's going on... hopefully he's where he needs to be... with his family. Undecided

brain has been a mate of buckethead's for ages and his drummer on pretty much every album, so it would not be uncalled for for brain to play with buckethead, that would be really harsh. brain needs to be near his family atm so cant travel around america to play but near his home it wouldnt be unreasonable
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2006, 07:06:56 PM »

I think Brain's the best dummer Guns N' Roses has ever had... BUT if he's on stage tomorrow night with Buckethead (of all people) in Vegas while GN'R is bustin' their ass on tour across North America... dude should be fired yesterday. I'll become President of the Frank Ferrer Fan Club.

I can't imagine that's what's going on... hopefully he's where he needs to be... with his family. Undecided

brain has been a mate of buckethead's for ages and his drummer on pretty much every album, so it would not be uncalled for for brain to play with buckethead, that would be really harsh. brain needs to be near his family atm so cant travel around america to play but near his home it wouldnt be unreasonable

If you look at liner notes, for the countless albums Bucket has put out since he left GNR, Brain has only been on 1, and that was one of the records immediately after he left...I don't believe Brain has been on a BH album since '04, although he did join Bucket, Bootsy, etc, on that Bill Laswell PBS concert this past year
fixintodie
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2006, 07:09:07 PM »

If you look at liner notes, for the countless albums Bucket has put out since he left GNR, Brain has only been on 1, and that was one of the records immediately after he left...I don't believe Brain has been on a BH album since '04, although he did join Bucket, Bootsy, etc, on that Bill Laswell PBS concert this past year

And the Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains one...or was that before he left GNR?
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2006, 07:14:06 PM »

And the Colonel Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains one...or was that before he left GNR?

nah ur right on that one, CCBoBB's Big eyeball in the sky was 2004
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2006, 07:20:59 PM »

yep, that was that year as well, my apologies...Even still, it's been roughly 2 years since they've recorded, with the Praxis performance at Bonnaroo in June '04 and the PBS gig this year being the 2 times I can recall that they've played live (Aside from a brief CCBBB tour in 04 as well).
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2006, 07:27:38 PM »

I read on another website, though they're not confirming but saying Brain quit the band.  I really don't want to believe that.  He's been with GNR since they made their return in 2001 and CD's imminent release, doesn't make sense for anyone to quit now

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2006, 07:37:24 PM »

The whole issue is about respect. Everything for the last couple of weeks has been about respect.

I have seen everything now. A representative of GNR trying to lecture fans on respect. Coming from a group that is known to show very little of it to its fan base, that is awful rich. confused

I would like to thank Mysteron for clearing this up. If Mysteron says Brain is in thats good enough for me. I think Naupis makes a great point and this is not directed as a jab at Mysteron but the point about the lack of respect from the Gn'R camp to its fans rings loud and true. Someone should save that post peace ok

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2006, 07:15:33 AM »

They should put it on the official site what is happened to brain or what the 'official' status is of both drummers. They didn't, so again, very sad in my opinion and the fans are yet again discarded.

Because you want to be "discarded".

I posted the status of both drummers if you cared to read.

/jarmo

So all your 'news' posts are official then?

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2006, 07:20:37 AM »

Franck Ferrer is mentionned on the officiel GNR Myspace ...

Brain is not in the line up for the Chinses Democracy tour.

That's it Brain is out  peace

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2006, 07:30:50 AM »

Franck Ferrer is mentionned on the officiel GNR Myspace ...

Brain is not in the line up for the Chinses Democracy tour.

That's it Brain is out? peace

if he was out we should get a press release about it.. just like we did when buckethead left, BUT when we get a press release about the record maybe they say something about brain also.., time will tell, but for now i say count brain as a member..
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2006, 07:35:45 AM »

If you take a look at the below post, Dizzy has actually stated that both Frank and Brian are still in the band. Brian is away looking after his new baby and wife....

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=38159.msg768892#msg768892

CJ
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2006, 07:53:54 AM »

IF Brain was out, not saying that he is, but IF...that'd be interesting considering on May 12th at Hammerstein Ballroom Axl told the crowd when introducing Brain "here's the man who Sebastian Bach told me 'where was this guy when you hired Matt?' "

So if Brain is THAT good I doubt Axl would want him out, but who knows.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2006, 07:58:26 AM »

IF Brain was out, not saying that he is, but IF...that'd be interesting considering on May 12th at Hammerstein Ballroom Axl told the crowd when introducing Brain "here's the man who Sebastian Bach told me 'where was this guy when you hired Matt?' "

So if Brain is THAT good I doubt Axl would want him out, but who knows.

Read my above post, it puts to rest if brian is in or out.... DIZZY said that BRIAN IS IN THE BAND !!!!!!

No more speculation please ....

CJ
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2006, 08:13:19 AM »

They should put it on the official site what is happened to brain or what the 'official' status is of both drummers. They didn't, so again, very sad in my opinion and the fans are yet again discarded.

Because you want to be "discarded".

I posted the status of both drummers if you cared to read.

/jarmo

So all your 'news' posts are official then?

No, not all of them. But since I was told by the band's management that both Brain and Frank are in GN'R, you can't really get more official than that can you?

Now Dizzy has said the same so you heard it from management and a band member as well.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2006, 08:39:19 AM »

It wouldn't make sense for Brain to quit now anyway.  Besides we don't know what goes on in these guys lives.  He probably has to take care of some things with his wife and kid.  I think Brain's committed, so give it time.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2006, 07:34:59 PM »

It certainly makes a difference to me who is behind the kit.? I'm a big fan of Brain's other work, and I think the guy's a powerhouse.? If both he ad Frank are currently "in" GNR, as previously stated, then I'd like to ask if any possibility exists that Brain will be on this leg of the US tour at all.

Maybe, I do not know

The whole issue is about respect. Everything for the last couple of weeks has been about respect. Can people handle it ?Undecided

The only people management don't seem to have respect for are the fans. It took three posts on this thread before you hinted at whether Brain had left the band, and six posts before you confirmed the answer. Your first contribution was the very useful "Yawn". Later you said it didn't matter whether Brain or Frank Ferrer was the drummer (clearly who is in the band does matter to the fans). Normally I like your posts because they are clear and consice yes or no answers, but not this time for some reason.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: