Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what's happened to brain?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what's happened to brain?  (Read 30632 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2006, 01:01:24 PM »

Brain and Frank are both in Guns N' Roses.

We'll see more of Frank at this time because Brain is still a new father. As you might know, his daughter was born in July.

/jarmo
What do you mean by this? Is this official or just your opinion/conclusion??

I emailed Marck last night about it and he told me the exact same thing Jarmo just said so I guess its official.

Dude can people please stop emailing Merck everytime they have a question? Leave the fucking guy alone. We have people on here who have regular contact with him. We dont need anymore.

If you knew anything you would know that I dont email him every time I have a question. ok

and besides CB is the head honcho or close to it over @ newguns

i just can't see this as being good....unless he's just a touring member for now? Undecided

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2006, 01:02:37 PM »

We'll see more of Frank at this time because Brain is still a new father. As you might know, his daughter was born in July.

/jarmo
What do you mean by this? Is this official or just your opinion/conclusion??

I emailed Marck last night about it and he told me the exact same thing Jarmo just said so I guess its official.

Dude can people please stop emailing Merck everytime they have a question?? Leave the fucking guy alone.? We have people on here who have regular contact with him.? We dont need anymore.?

If you knew anything you would know that I dont email him every time I have a question.? ok

I was just about to share the same sentiment.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2006, 01:02:46 PM »

Does it really matter at this point who comes and goes? As long as Axl Rose shows up to shows with some group of musicians behind him playing music that sounds like Guns N' Roses people are going to be happy.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2006, 01:04:01 PM »

Richard is also a new father...If I am not mistaken his daughter was born last Nov. And he took his wife and baby on the road in Sept. At Inland Invasion his baby was backstage for Muse and AIC with earplugs in her ears..... Grin
The point being there's something more to the Brain case that we are not told.

Richard wasnt touring with his wife and baby man, he lives in Cali now. They just went to a couple of the Cali shows. Its not like he has them on the tour bus with him or anything.

Yes, I said it was only for the Sept shows, when everybody in the band slept in hotels, not tour buses.
Where does Brain live?? Hawaii? No, he lives in San Jose, also in Cali.
And yes, they may have different opinions on the fatherhood responsibilities. But it's just weird GN'R would put up with that for such a long time. Basically, Brain missed about half of the European shows last summer. If he's gonna do the same thing with the US tour because he is a new father, then his employer might have an issue with that, you'd think. Especailly, when they are on the road only that many weeks of the entire year....

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »

Richard is also a new father...If I am not mistaken his daughter was born last Nov. And he took his wife and baby on the road in Sept. At Inland Invasion his baby was backstage for Muse and AIC with earplugs in her ears..... Grin

Richard wasnt touring with his wife and baby man, he lives in Cali now. They just went to a couple of the Cali shows. Its not like he has them on the tour bus with him or anything.

Yes, I said it was only for the Sept shows, when everybody in the band slept in hotels, not tour buses.

Close but its actually San Francisco...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2006, 01:07:15 PM »

Close but its actually San Francisco...

He was living in San Jose a couple years ago and if I am not mistaken had a small studio there. SF is only 30-40 miles away, so yeah, close enough.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2006, 01:07:50 PM »

2 drummers, 2 keyboardish players, 3 guitarists, bass, singer

9 members... I wish I could find one solid member to be in a band with me.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2006, 01:14:23 PM »

What the hell does that have to do with Brain?? MOST wives would not want to take their newborn child out on the road during a fucking ROCK TOUR!!! There is nothing more to this and stop trying to make yourself believe that there is. I'm glad Brain is not here if he is spending time at home or if he is really sick. Let the guy get done whatever he needs to get done, so he can be back and rock the fucking house. And I can't believe how many of you are making that big of a fucking deal about Frank playing drums and being "a member of Guns N' Roses." It's not like they are both on stage together like Slipknot, so stop making the stupid comparisons. Brain has a life outside of this band and that life is his NUMBER ONE PRIORITY, so fucking live with it.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2006, 01:34:27 PM »

Does it really matter at this point who comes and goes? As long as Axl Rose shows up to shows with some group of musicians behind him playing music that sounds like Guns N' Roses people are going to be happy.

I would agree with you if this was an Axl solo project. But this "band" is called Guns N Roses so we're just trying to figure out who's in the "band"

I always took the "revolving door" take as an insult.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2006, 01:34:38 PM »

Perhaps Brain is waiting till CD comes out to play with the band again. Frank can handle the duties and allow Brain to spend some more time with his family. Then when the CD comes out Brain will come back and help promote it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 01:41:16 PM by Mattattack » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2006, 02:02:30 PM »

^ yeah new tunes and an album would just be bonuses to seeing gnr live yes

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2006, 02:05:16 PM »

/jarmo

what the hell?! drool
I dont mind it at all, but it's an amusing idea...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Linuc
Headliner

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2006, 02:08:38 PM »

I think it is cool. Frank is an amazing guy, and a beast behind the drums.

Swedish Guns N' Roses-site & forum:
http://www.gnrsweden.com/
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2006, 02:48:34 PM »

I think it very much matters. Actually I'm more attached to the guitarists at this point, but either way it still matters to me who comes and goes.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2006, 04:49:30 PM »

maybe they didn't play any new songs because frank fell in at the last minute (if brian, or maybe his baby was sick at the last moment?)

What is the point of having him around then, if he is not ready to go on all of the songs? If that is the case, then that sucks for all the people there last night, who seem to have missed out on 3-4 songs.
apparently you don't have children or a family, in the real world, family usually takes priority, if this is the case have a heart!!!

99% of the jobs in the U.S. don't allow maternity leave for men...just sayin'.? Maybe Axl is being a real nice guy and allowing it, but I know my job wouldn't.? I understand he's on the road, but it definitely strikes me as weird that he's still at home with the wife and kid.

64.7% of all statistics are made up.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2006, 04:51:22 PM »

My guess is that Brain is in and Frank is in when Brain can't be. I don't get why there is a lot of discussion about this.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2006, 05:11:03 PM »

maybe they didn't play any new songs because frank fell in at the last minute (if brian, or maybe his baby was sick at the last moment?)

What is the point of having him around then, if he is not ready to go on all of the songs? If that is the case, then that sucks for all the people there last night, who seem to have missed out on 3-4 songs.
apparently you don't have children or a family, in the real world, family usually takes priority, if this is the case have a heart!!!

99% of the jobs in the U.S. don't allow maternity leave for men...just sayin'.  Maybe Axl is being a real nice guy and allowing it, but I know my job wouldn't.  I understand he's on the road, but it definitely strikes me as weird that he's still at home with the wife and kid.

64.7% of all statistics are made up.

I read that isn't true 78.91% of the time.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2006, 05:19:27 PM »

If anyone was curious, Frank Was in Love Spit Love with Richard. So there's a connection there.

I hope Brain is  MIA only temporarily, but if Frank becomes the regular drummer, he is no 2nd rate drummer. So whatever happens I'm fine with it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2006, 05:22:23 PM »

i was at the show last night. ive been to over 20 "new" gnr shows. just calling it as i hear it. brain is far superior to frank. i was very disappointed with frank. his play lacks passion and he has no rhythm...he's a "Flat" player. his drummng just doesnt evoke any feeling...Brain is the backbone and anchor of the band. he needs to be there...just 1 man's opinion...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2006, 05:23:42 PM »

No matter how much I'd love a band, the last thing I'd want to do with a three month old baby at home is then go on tour for four months : a child only grows up once, and if Brain is on paternity leave, so be it : I get the feeling Brain is in Guns N Roses and Frank is there when Brain can't be.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: