Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what's happened to brain?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what's happened to brain?  (Read 30626 times)
Megaguns
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2006, 06:20:32 PM »

Im sure brain will be back soon, And i dont see why they cant have 2 drummers, They have 3 guitarists and 2 keyboard players, 3 if you count Axl on piano. Sure, its kind of ridiculous to have such a massive band but its also absurd to spend 11 odd years making an album.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2006, 06:29:32 PM »

That's what I was told. The exact quote is "Brain and Frank are both in Guns N' Roses."

/jarmo

So we have 2 drummers now hihi Spinal Tap must be in awe smoking

Indeed.  Even funnier because the "two drummer" thing is actually happening, apparently...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2006, 06:40:38 PM »

Im sure brain will be back soon, And i dont see why they cant have 2 drummers, They have 3 guitarists and 2 keyboard players, 3 if you count Axl on piano. Sure, its kind of ridiculous to have such a massive band but its also absurd to spend 11 odd years making an album.

It is kind of ridiculous, and it really reinforces the whole "Axl + a bunch of other guys" philosophy that many subscribe to, and it does little to solidify notions of stability within the band's line up, especially if you're someone looking to take shots (which I'm *not*).  It's especially disappointing to me in some ways since I've seen the current line up live, and have grown rather attached to this incarnation of GnR...I've really come to appreciate the dynamics that each member brings to the stage, and to the band itself.  I've never seen Frank play, but it makes me sad to think that Brain is already on hiatus, or whatever you might want to call it.

HOWEVER, it is far more important to me that the momentum that GnR have built up over the past year continues, that the band moves forward and tours, and that we push closer and closer to the release of Democracy.  More than anything, the band needs to continue to sell out venues, put on killer shows, and send a wake-up call to the world that they're not only back, but better than ever.   Regardless of who's behind the kit, that takes precedence over anything else at this point. 

I applaud Axl, Merk, and all involved for having a plan (and the musicians) in place to ensure that GnR keeps going at this point, no matter what...
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

Axl has taken a good look at The Allman Brothers back in March when he attended the "March madness" run of the ABB at the Beacon. They use two drummers plus percussion. There's is room for one more in Gn'R ?hihi

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2006, 10:59:15 PM »

As long as they have a drummer to play with, i'm happy
Bono
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2006, 11:39:49 PM »

I think Brain is awesome but if he doesn't have the time to commit fully Frank should be the guy. And if Frank doesn't have the time to commit fully than find a new drummer who can. I'm all about spending time with your family but............
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2006, 01:12:12 AM »

It's a little strange and will provider more fodder for the haters.... but what's important is to address the issue quickly and effectively. For once... GN'R actually seems adequately prepared for a problem. Thank God for Frank... and welcome aboard. beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2006, 02:52:01 AM »

Brain and Frank are both in Guns N' Roses.

We'll see more of Frank at this time because Brain is still a new father. As you might know, his daughter was born in July.

/jarmo
What do you mean by this? Is this official or just your opinion/conclusion??

I emailed Marck last night about it and he told me the exact same thing Jarmo just said so I guess its official.

Dude can people please stop emailing Merck everytime they have a question?? Leave the fucking guy alone.? We have people on here who have regular contact with him.? We dont need anymore.?

None of my business, but if he wants to e-mail Merck, let him do it. It's a free country. You're not his father. If someone tells me who and who not to email, I tell them where they can shove it.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2006, 04:04:10 AM »

i dont think there is a need to panic, axl has 2 drummers..so what?? there must be a reason he has two drummers, and it was probably the same reason why brain was not there the other night....Axl has this thing on lock down baby!!! The time is finally here...i think we should all sit back and enjoy these last couple of weeks before the album comes out
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2006, 05:59:01 AM »

They should put it on the official site what is happened to brain or what the 'official' status is of both drummers. They didn't, so again, very sad in my opinion and the fans are yet again discarded.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 06:00:40 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2006, 06:51:52 AM »

i dont think there is a need to panic, axl has 2 drummers..so what?? there must be a reason he has two drummers, and it was probably the same reason why brain was not there the other night....Axl has this thing on lock down baby!!! The time is finally here...i think we should all sit back and enjoy these last couple of weeks before the album comes out

I don't know if "enjoy" is the word I'd use, but I agree...the album is almost here, the wait is almost over.  It's all good.    beer
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2006, 10:37:59 AM »

I don't want to be negative, but maybe Brain's baby needs special attention? I dunno, I hope not.. Sad

BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2006, 11:13:26 AM »

i bet the fucker wants to be with his baby.  hell i would.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2006, 11:15:07 AM »

yeah,this is the band 4 guitar players,1 singer,2 drumers,3 keys,2 bass and 100back vocals

I have never seen so many tree
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2006, 11:19:34 AM »

as long as Brain eventually comes back Ill be happy. If this is for good then im just bummed...Hes a great drummer. I really hope he comes back so he can enjoy CD. The dam album is about to come out, he bette rbe apart of it

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2006, 11:26:14 AM »

It is kind of ridiculous, and it really reinforces the whole "Axl + a bunch of other guys" philosophy that many subscribe to, and it does little to solidify notions of stability within the band's line up, especially if you're someone looking to take shots (which I'm *not*).? It's especially disappointing to me in some ways since I've seen the current line up live, and have grown rather attached to this incarnation of GnR...I've really come to appreciate the dynamics that each member brings to the stage, and to the band itself.? I've never seen Frank play, but it makes me sad to think that Brain is already on hiatus, or whatever you might want to call it.

HOWEVER, it is far more important to me that the momentum that GnR have built up over the past year continues, that the band moves forward and tours, and that we push closer and closer to the release of Democracy.? More than anything, the band needs to continue to sell out venues, put on killer shows, and send a wake-up call to the world that they're not only back, but better than ever.? ?Regardless of who's behind the kit, that takes precedence over anything else at this point.?

I applaud Axl, Merk, and all involved for having a plan (and the musicians) in place to ensure that GnR keeps going at this point, no matter what...

Yeah I know they should have just cancelled the dates because Brain was with his family  Roll Eyes

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »

They should put it on the official site what is happened to brain or what the 'official' status is of both drummers. They didn't, so again, very sad in my opinion and the fans are yet again discarded.

Because you want to be "discarded".

I posted the status of both drummers if you cared to read.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2006, 11:50:47 AM »

Allowing Brain to take time off to deal with whatever family priorities need to be addressed by him I think shows this is a real band. He was not let go, or replaced. They had the respect & courtesy to give him some time off. I know family is my 1st priority in life. Maybe something serious is going on & Brain or mgmt does not think the whole world needs to know about Brain's personal life & respects his privacy. If an explination came from Merck, that is as official as you can get. But people still question it. Frank is in GNR as Brain is.  That's all. Frank is the backup, and a damn good one from what I hear. GNR are still playing the announced dates, so I see no problem whatsoever. Oh, the drama....... hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2006, 11:52:38 AM »

People forget old gnr did this too. Anyone remember Fred Coury on Drums, or that guy from the eagles on drums for the music awards when they played patience? Like I said if they cancelled the tour or the dates brain could not make it the same people would be crying, why cant they just get someone to fill in on drums? Axl cant win with some of you, this is just more proof. Its one thing if it was Robin or Tommy they had a fill in, but its the drummer. The drummer is always the first to go  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 11:54:17 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2006, 12:33:18 PM »

I bet Frank already has his copy of Chinese Democracy.

For practicing purposes... ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: