Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 04:33:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....  (Read 33151 times)
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2006, 11:12:27 PM »

Frank is listed on myspace just incase some people decide to look at the page to see who is in the band. ?When/If Brain comes back then his name will be listed. ?That is how I see it.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2006, 11:18:09 PM »

If the band were just there to play Axl's new and old songs I'd agree with you. But if the new stuff is a group effort, as reported...you know what I'm getting at.

Why would it really matter even if it was the new stuff? Gilby and Sorum replaced Izzy and Adler on the Illusions tour and nobody seemed to lose their mind about it.

Bumble does a fine job of playing Bucket's parts from the new CD songs, and I am sure Frank plays Brain's parts fine as well.

The only part of any song new or old that can't be replaced is Axl's voice. Hence, if he shows up to the gigs it doesn't really matter who is behind him.
Z
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2006, 11:20:44 PM »

The worst thing about Brain leaving would be that when CD drops, at least 2 playing members will already have left (Buckethead and himself, if it turns out to be true), which reviewers will jump on and do nothing for the band's credibility.

Credibility?? ?What does credibilty have to do with rock 'n' roll? ?Not one fucking thing!!

The music will speak for itself. ?If cd turns out to be as good as most of us around here feel it will be than it will not matter who the current drummer is.

New fans or returning fans will not hear new music on the radio, love it, then go "Well, who's the drummer?" ?"Oh man there was a guy named Brain who was the drummer but now it's some guy named Frank?!?!?" ?"Aw shucks, this new tune "Better' lost like all credibility 'n' stuff."

Last I heard, jarmo reported that BOTH were in the band and that Brain is absent due to being a new father.

Any of you "know it alls" know whether or not some of the new music may feature 2 drummers in one song?? ?Is it possible that someday they would have 2 drummers on the stage at one time??

Stop whining like little boy band fans. ?I'm sure Ashley Parker Angel has a message board you could roam.

Credibility = respect + good reviews = sales = successful album = a band with a future
No credibility = poor ticket sales + poor album sales + ridicule

Sorry I had to spell it out for you. If Guns N' Roses want to be seen as a band then yet another lineup change would be more fuel for those who see the current band as 'hired guns'. Yeah sure. Lineup changes haven't hurt GNR's reputation one bit.? hihi Don't make me fall of my chair.

Who the fuck said anything about individual songs losing credibility? I was talking about THE BAND, you know? At what point did I mention 'Better', which most of the fans you mention who don't know the current lineup haven't heard anyway. You're making up bullshit, putting words in people's mouths, insulting board members and arguing with yourself. Hope you're having fun.

Two drummers in one song. Yeah. And you're basing that nugget on what exactly? Wow, that makes lots of sense. Not like you can multitrack in a studio when you've only had 10 years or so.

Basing things on past history is called SENSE. Pulling theories out of your ass is called being a know it all.

Don't fucking talk for me.

Okay tough guy ?Roll Eyes

If credibilty had anything to do with music than Michael Jackson would have no supporters. ?Nickeback would not be able to continue to sell records. ?Jet would have been an afterthought after their first album.

If Better becomes a hit, the album will sell. ?If The Blues is the second single.....and is a hit....than more records will sell.

The 2 drummer thing was based on nothing specific. ?Pittman plays the part of a 4th guitar on Rocket Queen so anything's possible with what cd will bring.

If this new GNR world bothers you so much, go fly fly off somewhere else.

Reviewers won't make or break the cd, the music will. ?And if the record is as good as I believe it will be based on what we've heard so far and Bach's description of "Sorry", it won't matter who's in the band.

Contraband was a success and I didn't read one good review. ?Scott Weiland was arrested countless times for drug offense. ?He even went to rehab. ?Credibility huh??
fixintodie
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2006, 11:22:14 PM »

If the band were just there to play Axl's new and old songs I'd agree with you. But if the new stuff is a group effort, as reported...you know what I'm getting at.

Why would it really matter even if it was the new stuff? Gilby and Sorum replaced Izzy and Adler on the Illusions tour and nobody seemed to lose their mind about it.

Bumble does a fine job of playing Bucket's parts from the new CD songs, and I am sure Frank plays Brain's parts fine as well.

The only part of any song new or old that can't be replaced is Axl's voice. Hence, if he shows up to the gigs it doesn't really matter who is behind him.

I'm saying that if the Chinese Democracy songs are written by/with Robin, Tommy, Richard and Brain then it's strange for the band not to present itself as a band, but rather a vehicle for Axl Rose.

If these guys had nothing to do with the songs and were just there to play them live then I could see the whole 'all-star lineup supporting Axl' angle.

Yes, I agree Bumblefoot is great. And Axl is the only genuinely irreplaceable member.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2006, 11:23:52 PM »

I wonder who's going to be next to leave?  Probably Robin.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Z
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2006, 11:27:44 PM »

I wonder who's going to be next to leave?? Probably Robin.

Hopefully you will.

The funny thing is if jarmo wasn't sleeping this worthless thread would be locked.

Both are still in the band.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2006, 11:38:18 PM »

Hopefully you will.

The funny thing is if jarmo wasn't sleeping this worthless thread would be locked.

The thread became worthless when you ripped on a two line comment that made perfect sense:

The worst thing about Brain leaving would be that when CD drops, at least 2 playing members will already have left (Buckethead and himself, if it turns out to be true), which reviewers will jump on and do nothing for the band's credibility.

To be fair, Chinese Democracy has already had so many musicians come and go, that one more will hardly affect the critics' perceptions of it. I read somewhere that they've had a total of over 30 different musicians (Beltrami being one of them) collaborate on this thing. It's a big, sprawling epic and Axl is at its core. Finck left for a while, which people tend to forget. He went back to Nine Inch Nails, which Axl discussed in the Loder interview. He came back for the '02 tour. Paul Huge was also part of the band until 2001 or 2002.

I think the only people who have been in this band from start to finish of the CD recording process have been Axl, Dizzy, and Tommy. And that all depends on which point in time you're taking into consideration, since Duff didn't leave the band until 1997 and GN'R had actually been recording stuff then. I think Tommy was brought in as bassist after Duff but I don't know how much of a lapse of time there was.

Will make a very interesting " Behind the Scenes" once the dust has settled. The making of CD is as intriguing as anything.  yes
fixintodie
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2006, 11:41:52 PM »

The demos of IRS from two different years (I think 1999 and 2002?) leads me to think that the whole thing may have begun rerecording with the then-current lineup around 2002. You know, why would they demo it again unless they planned to rerecord it. Just speculation, but I think a lot of people would be surprised if Paul Huge and those folks were still on the disc. The band must have been doing something in the studio all those years. Mustn't they? nervous
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2006, 11:44:35 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:23:52 PM

Hopefully you will.

Look man.  I'm not trying to be a dick about this situation.  Signs are seriously starting to point to Brain being out.  I know it could very well be untrue, but is it that hard to believe?  I love this band in it's current line-up.  I loved it in it's 2002 line-up even more, but I still love what we've got right now.  My "Robin" comment was me just expressing my frustration with all of this.  When Axl's new GNR first started up, the 3 new members I was most excited about were Buckethead, Brain, and Robin.  I was a fan of all three before they even became a part of GNR.  This situation really sucks.  I still plan on seeing the band on Dec 2nd (if the tour lasts that long) but come on.  Look at the track record here.  I seriously beleive that CD will not be released this year and I seriously beleive we'll get some BS statement thaat Brain leaving has something to do with it. 

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2006, 11:46:29 PM »

is the gnr myspace official? i highly doubt it

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2006, 11:59:38 PM »

listen this is NOT GUNS N ROSES..its the AXL ROSE SOLO PROJECT...who cares who else is in the band.....cuz guns n roses is axl rose, slash, duff and izzy stradlin..............
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2006, 12:02:51 AM »

listen this is NOT GUNS N ROSES..its the AXL ROSE SOLO PROJECT...who cares who else is in the band.....cuz guns n roses is axl rose, slash, duff and izzy stradlin..............

Actually, Axl started Guns before Slash or Duff were in the band!     Wink

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2006, 12:05:29 AM »

Hopefully you will.

Look man.  I'm not trying to be a dick about this situation.  Signs are seriously starting to point to Brain being out.  I know it could very well be untrue, but is it that hard to believe?  I love this band in it's current line-up.  I loved it in it's 2002 line-up even more, but I still love what we've got right now.  My "Robin" comment was me just expressing my frustration with all of this.  When Axl's new GNR first started up, the 3 new members I was most excited about were Buckethead, Brain, and Robin.  I was a fan of all three before they even became a part of GNR.  This situation really sucks.  I still plan on seeing the band on Dec 2nd (if the tour lasts that long) but come on.  Look at the track record here.  I seriously beleive that CD will not be released this year and I seriously beleive we'll get some BS statement thaat Brain leaving has something to do with it. 

I honestly think that last sentence in your post is something that some of us have in mind as a worst case scenario at this point in time, and I think it's just a case of some trying to remain optimistic, while perhaps rationalizing a tad.  Another press release from Axl stating that a member's departure will bring recording to the next level is something that is a dreaded proposition at this point, and while history may indicate that this is not as far-fetched as some may believe, I think it's best to simply see this through to the end of the year, and then assess where we end up.
fixintodie
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2006, 12:07:07 AM »

Actually, Axl started Guns before Slash or Duff were in the band!? ? ?Wink

Man, if I had a penny for every friend I've explained that to...
Z
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2006, 12:31:59 AM »

I wonder who's going to be next to leave?? Probably Robin.

Hopefully you will.

Look man.? I'm not trying to be a dick about this situation.? Signs are seriously starting to point to Brain being out.? I know it could very well be untrue, but is it that hard to believe?? I love this band in it's current line-up.? I loved it in it's 2002 line-up even more, but I still love what we've got right now.? My "Robin" comment was me just expressing my frustration with all of this.? When Axl's new GNR first started up, the 3 new members I was most excited about were Buckethead, Brain, and Robin.? I was a fan of all three before they even became a part of GNR.? This situation really sucks.? I still plan on seeing the band on Dec 2nd (if the tour lasts that long) but come on.? Look at the track record here.? I seriously beleive that CD will not be released this year and I seriously beleive we'll get some BS statement thaat Brain leaving has something to do with it.?

That's your M.O. Danny......always has been.  Not much has come out of you over the past fews years on this board that has been positive.

Per jarmo it's NOT true.  No need for the drama at this time.

Danny......if your negative way of thinking were true, then Brain leaving (and again, not true at THIS time), would have affected the start of this tour.  If Brain leaving were so disruptive to the degree that it would delay the release of CD then common sense would tell you that it would delay the tour.

Buckethead leaving was a big deal.  That's why they could not play Rock in Rio.  Brain, if he leaves, will not be that big of a deal.  Frank has already shown that he can more than hold his own on drums.

Now Robin leaving would be a big deal.

I think that past history with this new version of GNR, many of you can't beleive that this is actually gonna happen.  All signs point to CD actually being released.  Finally, it's going to happen.  Relax already and enjoy the ride.
fixintodie
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2006, 12:40:58 AM »

Hopefully you will.

That's your M.O. Danny......always has been. Not much has come out of you over the past fews years on this board that has been positive.

Per jarmo it's NOT true. No need for the drama at this time.

Danny......if your negative way of thinking were true, then Brain leaving (and again, not true at THIS time), would have affected the start of this tour. If Brain leaving were so disruptive to the degree that it would delay the release of CD then common sense would tell you that it would delay the tour.

Relax already and enjoy the ride.

The tour was delayed. The first two shows were moved. An official reason was never given. Do you know something we don't?

And 'relax and enjoy the ride' is officially more tired than 'CD starts.....'
Z
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2006, 12:54:24 AM »

The tour was delayed. The first two shows were moved. An official reason was never given. Do you know something we don't?

Funny, I never saw "relax and enjoy the ride" on here before.

I thought that the tour was delayed, then first 2 shows were cancelled, to give Axl more time to get CD ready.? Wasn't that the announcement??

Do you not believe what they are saying???

Do I know something you don't?? I don't know.? Maybe.? There are recent GNR occurences that show that CD is heading to the production line any day now but we are not allowed to talk about that per jarmo.? So, maybe I do know something you don't.? But if you do know about that stuff then you, if sensible, would be able to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Again, BRAIN IS STILL A CURRENT M-E-M-B-E-R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fixintodie
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2006, 01:02:50 AM »

Funny, I never saw "relax and enjoy the ride" on here before.

I thought that the tour was delayed, then first 2 shows were cancelled, to give Axl more time to get CD ready.? Wasn't that the announcement??

Do you not believe what they are saying???

Do I know something you don't?? I don't know.? Maybe.? There are recent GNR occurences that show that CD is heading to the production line any day now but we are not allowed to talk about that per jarmo.? So, maybe I do know something you don't.? But if you do know about that stuff then you, if sensible, would be able to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Again, BRAIN IS STILL A CURRENT M-E-M-B-E-R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 'Axl needing more time to finish the CD' thing was quote from a Florida promoter in a news article, not an official press release from management.

Brain is a current member....read the title of this thread. Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace

Oh and do a search for 'enjoy the ride'.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2006, 01:28:55 AM »

Look.  I want to "relax and enjoy the ride".  I really, really do.  I have tickets to my 5th GNR show, and IF CD comes out, I will be taking the day off work to listen to it constantly.  But I just don't see how a rational person can not look at this with some skepticality.  This is a band that dissappears for years at a time.  A band that cancels apperances at major festivals months in advance because a 3rd guitarist has quit.  A band that cancels entire tours because they didn't know their manager scheduled them.  A band that doesn't show up on the opening night of major tours.  A band that cancels shows with no explanation whatsoever.  And most importantly, a band that has been putting finishing touches on an album for many, many, MANY years.  How can we not think the worse?  How can you relax and enjoy the ride when the ride feels like Space Mountain on Oxi-Cotin?

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2006, 03:24:13 AM »

Some of you lot are gluttons for punishment.  Grin  Seriously, this is possibly the most exciting time to be a GNR fan in many a long year, and yet still some people have to go looking for intrigue, drama and worst-case scenarios.  We certainly are an odd bunch!

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: