Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 03:16:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....  (Read 33128 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2006, 12:44:12 AM »

If I was front row at MSG and I saw this frank guy behind the drums I honestly wouldn't have known it was a different guy.  why? b/c I really never gave a shit about what Brain looked like.  I probably wouldn't even know how the two of them "sound different" on drums.  I doubt most people here would either....

Seriously, who gives a shit? 

So long as Axl is there thats all that matters.  So long as the other guys behind him can play the songs, thats all that matters.  This is GNR to me b/c it SAYS on my tickets GNR, it will say on CD's album cover "Guns N' Roses".  When I play the songs or listen to them in concert it will sound like GNR.

If Tommy or Richard left tomorrow but nothing changed in terms of plans for CD, tours etc....would anyone REALLY be that upset?  I do like Robin, but if he left and Ron took over full time I still wouldn't care.   

I'm damn glad I don't have that narrow minded view that you do. I wouldn't be happy if Tommy and Richard left tomorrow. I wouldn't be happy if Robin left either. I think you are pretty much alone on this one bud, alone on your opinion and probably alone in the world.  "This is GNR to me b/c it SAYS on my tickets GNR."  I'm sorry but I can't even comment on that sentence because I don't want to get any negative karma. But believe me, it would be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HARSH. I truly feel sorry for you because you probably carry that view with you through life. I am sorry.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2006, 12:49:38 AM »

If I was front row at MSG and I saw this frank guy behind the drums I honestly wouldn't have known it was a different guy.  why? b/c I really never gave a shit about what Brain looked like.  I probably wouldn't even know how the two of them "sound different" on drums.  I doubt most people here would either....

So long as Axl is there thats all that matters.  So long as the other guys behind him can play the songs, thats all that matters.  This is GNR to me b/c it SAYS on my tickets GNR, it will say on CD's album cover "Guns N' Roses".  When I play the songs or listen to them in concert it will sound like GNR.

If Tommy or Richard left tomorrow but nothing changed in terms of plans for CD, tours etc....would anyone REALLY be that upset?  I do like Robin, but if he left and Ron took over full time I still wouldn't care.   

I'm damn glad I don't have that narrow minded view that you do. I wouldn't be happy if Tommy and Richard left tomorrow. I wouldn't be happy if Robin left either. I think you are pretty much alone on this one bud, alone on your opinion and probably alone in the world.  "This is GNR to me b/c it SAYS on my tickets GNR."  I'm sorry but I can't even comment on that sentence because I don't want to get any negative karma. But believe me, it would be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HARSH. I truly feel sorry for you because you probably carry that view with you through life. I am sorry.

HAHAH so b/c I have an opinion on a rock band that differs from yours I'm "alone in the world"  rofl  Funniest thing I've read all day.  Lighten up dude, its only a rock band.

So I bet you were crushed when you found out Gilby wasn't in GNR anymore either right  Roll Eyes  PM me your thoughts if you don't want to post them  ok  I could use another laugh.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2006, 01:12:25 AM »

HAHAH so b/c I have an opinion on a rock band that differs from yours I'm "alone in the world"  rofl  Funniest thing I've read all day.  Lighten up dude, its only a rock band.

So I bet you were crushed when you found out Gilby wasn't in GNR anymore either right  Roll Eyes  PM me your thoughts if you don't want to post them  ok  I could use another laugh.

You can say whatever you want in return to me but I don't have anymore time to spend talking to someone that believes this is GNR because "it says it on the ticket."  I do feel bad for you and as I said before, I'm sorry.  You're right, it is only a rock band and from now on I will believe nothing that anyone says, unless the ticket says it first.  I will only believe concert tickets from now on.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2006, 04:11:32 AM »

To be honest, i have never really been into Brain. He is an awesome drummer and everything but his style never suited GN'R. Matt was prob the most talented drummer they ever had but he is a cock. Brain is cool but Richard said he is really only in it for the cash. I haven't heard anything with Frank yet but from what people say he is a kick arse drummer and really suits the band.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2006, 09:36:08 AM »

You can say whatever you want in return to me but I don't have anymore time to spend talking to someone that believes this is GNR because "it says it on the ticket."  I do feel bad for you and as I said before, I'm sorry.  You're right, it is only a rock band and from now on I will believe nothing that anyone says, unless the ticket says it first.  I will only believe concert tickets from now on.

HAHAH you are really a funny guy.  Don't take everything you read SOOOOO literally!!  Geez!  Roll Eyes  My point was, at this stage of the game, I don't really care who is on drums or keyboards or who is the 3rd guitarist or even the 2nd - as of right now, the 2006 version of GNR is Axl.  Maybe when CD drops and we get a better idea as to how much the new guys contributed and if they release more albums and what not it'll be more like a real band.

And don't feel bad for me, I have a great life, good friends, a loving family, a great dog, an awesome girlfriend and I do well for myself - feel bad for the peope in Darfur or something.  I'm still chuckling at how repulsed you are by someones words on a GNR message board.  Really, lighten up.  beer

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
flickn
« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2006, 09:52:19 AM »

madison received a email from merc ...

brain is still in the band , he is just a new family man at the time being or some stuff
guns97
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2006, 10:21:15 AM »

For all of you who've posted that this is the Axl Rose solo project, thanks for realizing this!!!  ok  I don't care if Chinese Democracy comes out, I don't care who leaves the band, I just want to see Axl do the real GNR songs.  If I close my eyes at the concert, I can at least pretend Slash is playing!

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2006, 10:24:13 AM »

For all of you who've posted that this is the Axl Rose solo project, thanks for realizing this!!!? ok? I don't care if Chinese Democracy comes out, I don't care who leaves the band, I just want to see Axl do the real GNR songs.? If I close my eyes at the concert, I can at least pretend Slash is playing!

And we don't care if you leave this thread. get lost. You belong in dead horse.

I see you spewing your negative garbage in every other thread.  Dude I'm a hard core old school fan. I went to see them in May and I have no doubt this is Guns N Roses.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2006, 10:34:26 AM »

Frank to me comes closest to being a replacement for Steven.

It's clear in his drumming. I find his style fits with the sound they have going on.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2006, 02:24:31 PM »

Brain is cool but Richard said he is really only in it for the cash.

Er? Where did Richard say that? I heard completely the opposite of that.

What did you mean by the other b?  Huh

Needless to say........better left it unsaid tho.  Lips Sealed

I would hate if other people than the very guys rerecorded the two b's parts, or any of the eight's. 
If that was the case, every other part would be subject to change in proportion to the redone parts.
I love BH's brisk and crisp tone on the new songs. that is an exquisite match for robin's wet and melancholic tone. perhaps Ron is more than capable of reproducing the same notes technically but never bh's own particular qualities. And I love to hear brains 'mean' beats.
Rons has different good points, which possibly will shine on the albums after the first two.
And he's amiable. the same is true with frank.

yep, whether the band calls itself GNR or "axl rose and his latest all-star collection of musicians" matters. a big deal. As far as I can gather, Brain's in the band and Frank in axl's newest lineup.
Wait and see.

Seriously who questions this when there're so many threads and posts on whether Brain's in or out?
Myspace is just Geffen people getting info from GNSNROSES. com, this site or others it seems.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »

It was Brain who said he was in it for the cash, and Richard said he was just joking around.
rczanzi
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2006, 02:30:56 PM »

Brain just had a kid.  He's taking time off to be with his new family.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2006, 02:48:44 PM »

a child care leave---Axl would do the same, I bet  yes

It was Brain who said he was in it for the cash, and Richard said he was just joking around.

So did I.  Wink
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2006, 03:20:33 PM »

i can't believe people are still talking about this...

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2006, 03:28:01 PM »

Brain gave me his drum sticks  Cry

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
santacruzbot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2006, 06:52:57 PM »

Apologies if this has been posted, but Brain performed with Praxis Saturday at the Vegoose Music Festival, so perhaps this is why he wasn't at the shows.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2006, 01:36:33 AM »

Apologies if this has been posted, but Brain performed with Praxis Saturday at the Vegoose Music Festival, so perhaps this is why he wasn't at the shows.

Oh. Goodness. Thanks for the update! We didn't already have a ten-page discussion about it.  Tongue
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #197 on: October 31, 2006, 01:44:57 AM »

Brain just had a kid.? He's taking time off to be with his new family.

Is Buckethead a Mantia?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2006, 01:45:40 AM »

Oh. Goodness. Thanks for the update! We didn't already have a ten-page discussion about it.  Tongue

Uh....that is why he prefaced it with "Apologies if this has been posted". So why make him feel like an idiot about trying to contribute to the conversation?  Roll Eyes
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #199 on: October 31, 2006, 01:51:47 AM »

Uh....that is why he prefaced it with "Apologies if this has been posted". So why make him feel like an idiot about trying to contribute to the conversation?  Roll Eyes

Oh, I don't know. I guess I'm a meanie.  Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: