Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:50:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single  (Read 41845 times)
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

well, mayb the reason davidson website isnt putting up that special ad yet is because they're 'waiting' for the single to be released first? its 'better', then something else..during the tour. hopefully.
exactly,with the song coming soon in an ad im sure its gonna be the first single.

can a single drop at the same ttime as the album or would that be stupid?

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2006, 05:55:57 PM »

well, mayb the reason davidson website isnt putting up that special ad yet is because they're 'waiting' for the single to be released first? its 'better', then something else..during the tour. hopefully.
exactly,with the song coming soon in an ad im sure its gonna be the first single.

well singles are normally released before in order to promote the album.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »

of course.but how soon before an album are singles usually released?

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2006, 06:00:07 PM »

of course.but how soon before an album are singles usually released?

depends, i think its common for a single to be out 2 months before an album, however iron maiden released a single and then an album within a few weeks.

GNR could release an album in the next two weeks and easily be able to release cd on Nov. 21st or 28th
Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »

Hey, I saw a lot of threads about "Better" being the new single maybe next week.? I just emailed our biggest local rock station about it, and here's the response I got:

Hey Dan,

"I haven't seen any dates for the new GNR single.? I'll check with the record label on Monday."

JP

I don't see why people are so sure that "better" is going to be the first single, it's just a leak.  Out of all the songs that are prepared to go, why would a leak be chosen as the first or any single?

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2006, 06:55:06 PM »

Hey, I saw a lot of threads about "Better" being the new single maybe next week.? I just emailed our biggest local rock station about it, and here's the response I got:

Hey Dan,

"I haven't seen any dates for the new GNR single.? I'll check with the record label on Monday."

JP

I don't see why people are so sure that "better" is going to be the first single, it's just a leak.? Out of all the songs that are prepared to go, why would a leak be chosen as the first or any single?

AR

Maybe because it's the best rock song on the album. It's the best one we've heard at least. Plus those dudes on the radio said they had been informed that they would be receiving Better as the first single in a weeks time. And on top of that it's the tune HD is using in their ads, and commercials pretty much always use a single so that people recognize it immediately. We won't know for sure for a few more days, but ALL signs point to Better.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2006, 06:57:49 PM »

Maybe because it's the best rock song on the album. It's the best one we've heard at least

"We"? Who are "We"?. Speak for you. I prefer IRS 1 million times over "better"? Cool
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 07:00:14 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2006, 07:02:19 PM »

the live versions of better that i've heard fucking ROCK!!!!  the little clip i heard in the ad was only so-so...not as fast or heavy, it was ok, but not great.....if that's the best song off the cd it will be disappointing.....catcher in the rye should be a classic
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2006, 07:05:09 PM »

Maybe because it's the best rock song on the album. It's the best one we've heard at least

"We"? Who are "We"?. Speak for you. I prefer IRS 1 million times over "better"? Cool

For the love o' God no-one knows what's on the album apart from what we "know" from one o' the things we're not allowed to talk about. There could be lots on it we have'n heard yet"! Here's lookin' forward to the release and the end of the speculation! rant confused Angry

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2006, 07:49:07 PM »

Hey Dan,

JP

I don't see why people are so sure that "better" is going to be the first single, it's just a leak.? Out of all the songs that are prepared to go, why would a leak be chosen as the first or any single?

AR

Maybe because it's the best rock song on the album. It's the best one we've heard at least. Plus those dudes on the radio said they had been informed that they would be receiving Better as the first single in a weeks time. And on top of that it's the tune HD is using in their ads, and commercials pretty much always use a single so that people recognize it immediately. We won't know for sure for a few more days, but ALL signs point to Better.

Oh, "Sorry", but have YOU heard the whole album? Fuckhead?
No, I didn't think so

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2006, 07:52:45 PM »

The moment I saw GNR perform "Better" at Hammerstein I was convinced it was the first single. Axl has new signature moves for it and the band's energy picked up.

We have so much evidence now--( the Harley thing, the radio station anticipation, etc.) And if you haven't heard the Harley clip I can tell you for sure it is cleaner than the demo. So this ball is rolling.............

And it truly is a great song--and all signs point to it being on the radio--for real---really soon.

And the CD--almost probably definitely late November/early December--there are sponsors on board now.

Like the guy said earlier---enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!

age 37....volume always at 10
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 07:53:15 PM »

Hey Dan,

JP

AR

No, I didn't think so

AR

You don't have to get angry, hes just saying the signs point to 'Better' being a single, its recognizable and a good song
jbuch
Headliner

Detroit: 2002, 2006, and now 2016

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 08:01:34 PM »

So why do a select few radio stations say they have the new single?? Are they lying?

Playing them on the radio is in my opinion wrong. The band, or record company, didn't mean them to be played on the radio.

/jarmo

Couldn't stations get in trouble for playing leaked material?
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2006, 08:03:42 PM »

Hey Dan,

JP

AR

No, I didn't think so

AR

Yo, you have 9 posts and you are already mouthing off to people? You need to watch your mouth.

Back on topic, I have a horrible feeling that if Better is the first single, it will either be a massive success or the biggest flop in music history...I am unsure which.  nervous
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2006, 08:06:37 PM »

So why do a select few radio stations say they have the new single?  Are they lying?

Playing them on the radio is in my opinion wrong. The band, or record company, didn't mean them to be played on the radio.

/jarmo

Yes, but they'll probably just be told not to play it, what they call a "cease and desist". I doubt GNR wants to bite the hand that feeds them by getting into legal action with radio stations just befre they finally release CD.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2006, 08:11:46 PM »

So why do a select few radio stations say they have the new single?  Are they lying?

/jarmo

Yes, but they'll probably just be told not to play it, what they call a "cease and desist". I doubt GNR wants to bite the hand that feeds them by getting into legal action with radio stations just befre they finally release CD.

i agree.  gnr need radio stations right now to play the fuck out of whatever single they do release, they just want people to hear it exactly as they intend it to sound.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 08:13:22 PM »

- No DJ received the 1st single yet - it could be anything - "better" or "prostitute" or "This I Love" or "The blues"....we don't know.
- No DJ received the studio version of "better"
- Nobody said "better" will be the 1st single. Did Merck say that? Did Axl say that? Did Mysteron say that? There is no valid source and no proof.
It's speculation... I remember last february everybody said "IRS is the new single"... including the DJ... everybody believed it.... and everybody was wrong.

Besides the motorcycle promotion, I'd agree with you.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
benchiefjr
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 08:14:11 PM »

- No DJ received the 1st single yet - it could be anything - "better" or "prostitute" or "This I Love" or "The blues"....we don't know.
- No DJ received the studio version of "better"
- Nobody said "better" will be the 1st single. Did Merck say that? Did Axl say that? Did Mysteron say that? There is no valid source and no proof.
It's speculation... I remember last february everybody said "IRS is the new single"... including the DJ... everybody believed it.... and everybody was wrong.

Besides the motorcycle promotion, I'd agree with you.
exactly, why would there be a motorcycle promotion of a non-single song?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 08:52:33 PM »

I thought i heard the the DJ on wccc say something like, i don't exactly remember word for word, but i could of sworn i heard him say when they played the demo yesterday that they will be getting the single next week anyway so why is Axl hassleing us so much, were gonna play it anyway. And goes on to say, well what can they really do? Were gonna have the single, what does it matter if we play the leak today and single next week, when its the same song.

I dont agree with playing it on the radio, once management requested it not to be played. An artist should have a right to say what can't be played, escpecially if its a demo and not the finished product. ?smoking
I checked the stations list of songs played from the weekend and "Better" is not listed.  Did they play the whole song?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2006, 08:58:14 PM »

I thought i heard the the DJ on wccc say something like, i don't exactly remember word for word, but i could of sworn i heard him say when they played the demo yesterday that they will be getting the single next week anyway so why is Axl hassleing us so much, were gonna play it anyway. And goes on to say, well what can they really do? Were gonna have the single, what does it matter if we play the leak today and single next week, when its the same song.

No, i dont think he ever said that, but this is what bandita said at mygnr

http://zeit183geist.proboards62.com/index.cgi?board=gnr&action=display&thread=1161447615&page=1

To confirm........

I heard him talking about "Better" after playing it. He said it was the demo (which you could tell) and was asking for listeners opinions of the song. Overall the feedback was very positive.

I called him up and told him I had seen the new band a few times, and how I thought they did not get a fair shake at it from most media. He agreed. He said that a few years ago he was negative towards GnR and Axl using the name. He then said that he eventually just dropped that view point and decided to give them a chance at the NYC gig(s). He said he went with a bunch of friends and was impressed by how good they were. He kept turning the conversation back to "Better" and how great a song he thought it was.

He told me that his manager told him about the Harley Clip and he had ripped it and wanted to play it on air. The DJ said he chose to play the demo instead, since it was the entire song. He claimed that his boss was a little hesitant but said "We will have the single next week anyway, so what is the difference? They could ask us to stop playing it, but we will be playing the real thing next week anyway."

SLCPUNK from HTGTH spoke to the DJ at WCCC and he said that Better is indeed the 1st single-

Just reporting the news, take it for what it's worth
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: