Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  2 questions for ya
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 questions for ya  (Read 9644 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:56 PM »

empty reply? makes no sense

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 07:43:27 PM »

yeah what does that mean confused
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 08:43:37 PM »

yeah what does that mean confused

i typed something but it dident show up! well ill type it again.

Most kids today think Gnr is too old and think its been to long since the last album, so its the same situation. but 2 years aint that long i mean look at green day there last 2 albums were 2 years apart, but when american idiot came out it went huge! so i dont thinks its been to long.

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 08:33:06 AM »

I do think they are taking too long and may have lost some momentum.. On the other hand I like what they are doing. I think they really want to kick some ass with this one.  Contraband was great IMO but I think they could have done some things different and are this time.  Rick Rubin will crush Josh Abraham.  Slash said Josh wasn't a guitar guy and I think Rick will bring out all VR's strengths.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 12:52:42 PM »

I do think they are taking too long and may have lost some momentum.. On the other hand I like what they are doing. I think they really want to kick some ass with this one.  Contraband was great IMO but I think they could have done some things different and are this time.  Rick Rubin will crush Josh Abraham.  Slash said Josh wasn't a guitar guy and I think Rick will bring out all VR's strengths.

probably the best statement.  ok

html sucks
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 07:33:28 AM »

I love everything about Scott, performance, energy, voice. To say he is not an amazing singer is just naive. If you dont like his style and his voice thats fair enough. But denying his talent is a bit immature. People who follow Axl religiously cant see why Slash, Duff and Matt should have success without Axl. Thats the way I see it peace
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 08:28:23 AM »

I love everything about Scott, performance, energy, voice. To say he is not an amazing singer is just naive. If you dont like his style and his voice thats fair enough. But denying his talent is a bit immature. People who follow Axl religiously cant see why Slash, Duff and Matt should have success without Axl. Thats the way I see it peace

i liked some of his fashions he had with VR and his performance technique, however his vocal range isnt too big i think this lets him down.

html sucks
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »

i'm a long-time STP fan and i lOVE scott's voice.  He seems to have evolved as a performer - i saw him in STP in 95 and he was captivating, but in a very different way.  I think he is a good frontman for VR and I really like them.  It was always going to be hard if you were going to put a band together with so many ex-members of a hugely succesful group such as GnR - the "new"frontman was always gonna have a tough job.  If he was unknown, he may be slated for inexperience next to slash n duff and matt and indeed dave.  when i heard scott would be joining slash, duff and matt, I was  drool pretty damn excited to hear the results.

I didnt agree with the ranting that went on earlier between the VR and GnR camps - but again that was always going to happen and was most likely fuelled by media twisting and chinese whispers (not democracy!)  fk that - I am looking very forward to the new album!

scott's solo work is def worth listening to also - i think his strength is in his lyrics and vocal delivery.
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 06:55:35 PM »

i'm a long-time STP fan and i lOVE scott's voice.? He seems to have evolved as a performer - i saw him in STP in 95 and he was captivating, but in a very different way.? I think he is a good frontman for VR and I really like them.? It was always going to be hard if you were going to put a band together with so many ex-members of a hugely succesful group such as GnR - the "new"frontman was always gonna have a tough job.? If he was unknown, he may be slated for inexperience next to slash n duff and matt and indeed dave.? when i heard scott would be joining slash, duff and matt, I was? drool pretty damn excited to hear the results.

I didnt agree with the ranting that went on earlier between the VR and GnR camps - but again that was always going to happen and was most likely fuelled by media twisting and chinese whispers (not democracy!)? fk that - I am looking very forward to the new album!

scott's solo work is def worth listening to also - i think his strength is in his lyrics and vocal delivery.

i totally agree with you dude, scott's a great frontman and since he was a VR member he's the reason ive listen to STP and his solo album. i love his solo album

Cool cool, piss piss keep yo hands away from my hips capsized just like a tanker, keep away stranger stranger danger!

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Duda Klaus
Opening Act

:D

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 07:04:39 PM »

I don't like Scott

1. In my opinion Velvet will be much better with another frontman..
I don't like him....I don't like the way that he sings, the way that he looks when he is on stage. And I hate when Scott open his mouth to say stupid things (that's not true) about GNR. If GNR will make success or not, If Axl looks different (physically), It's none of his business.

2. I didn't hear his solo record yet.

marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »

2. What do you think of scott's solo record?

it's a good album, i wanted it for ages n spent ages trying to find it cheap, but it was worth the wait. it's very obscure, more so than STP's stuff. loads of different styles, espec 'cool kiss' which is very hard n heavy n industrial almost yet still being in scott's own style.
'Where's the Man' on it is a truely outstanding track n my favourite by far.
some of the album sounds cheesey and some of it is funny e.g "and all the tangerines they taste like jelly beans" and "Jimmy was a masturbator, so he'll call back and see ya later"
i dont listen to it as often as should, but yeh i like it n its a good album. waiting for the follow up one now  ok
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 12:44:33 PM »

i'm a long-time STP fan and i lOVE scott's voice.? He seems to have evolved as a performer - i saw him in STP in 95 and he was captivating, but in a very different way.? I think he is a good frontman for VR and I really like them.? It was always going to be hard if you were going to put a band together with so many ex-members of a hugely succesful group such as GnR - the "new"frontman was always gonna have a tough job.? If he was unknown, he may be slated for inexperience next to slash n duff and matt and indeed dave.? when i heard scott would be joining slash, duff and matt, I was? drool pretty damn excited to hear the results.

I didnt agree with the ranting that went on earlier between the VR and GnR camps - but again that was always going to happen and was most likely fuelled by media twisting and chinese whispers (not democracy!)? fk that - I am looking very forward to the new album!

That's a pretty good post. While I've never been a big STP fan or Weiland fan, I'll admit not matter who they chose there would have been alot of backlash and second guessing. As for the 'hatred' on this site, well that's simply because the band is trying to forge ahead and make music without Axl. But who can blame them for getting back together and writing music with a new singer.? Axl may own the rights to the name but he doesn't own them and their abilities. Also, from some of the names that were being thrown around back then, they could have done alot worse!!

i used to love and respect VR and scott. But now they take the piss, taken too long to release an album, j

I can't believe I'm reading this on a Guns N Roses fansite?!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: