Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:16:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL's Rant in San Juan last night
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL's Rant in San Juan last night  (Read 72578 times)
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #320 on: November 01, 2006, 01:15:16 AM »

Axl saying he doesn't have a problem with cameras at shows was possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard. Wink

I guess it most blow for the band to have every song on the setlist so heavily scrutinised, but the flipside of that is the level of excitement and encouragement that will be generated when a new song is added.

I wonder what people from St. Louis think about that.

Ahh, cause somehow that riot is not related to Axl, right?? ::)Having your picture taken when you don't want it to be is a perfectly just reason for putting thousands of fans in harms way Roll Eyes
Perhaps you should read the whole story about the St. Louis incident.

Exactly. What Axl did was out of line. Just immaturity and bad decision making. We all do it in our lives, and have decisions we regret.

This was simply just one of those "nights". There was nothing going bad enough for that kind of reaction. Inciting a riot because your picture got taken, or a beach ball gets thrown at you, or your heckled, or security interupts the show... none of those reasons are big enough.

It's been 15 years, so it's a non-issue now. But for 'estranged.1098' to say that it was warranted in his sarcastic reply, is just mind-boggling.

All I was saying if after that infamous incident, to say cameras don't bother him, is just one of those ironic statements that makes you laugh as a GN'R fan, when you DO KNOW the history. I got all of my history out of Mr. Rose's mouth, no one else's, and especially not the authorities.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 01:17:12 AM by The Legend » Logged

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #321 on: November 01, 2006, 01:19:54 AM »

I could give a fuck about some guy in Ireland sitting at home behind his computer who doesn't even go to the shows. 

I understand what he's trying to say, but at the same time, he SHOULD care about those of us at our computers. I, for example, can't go to a GN'R show because they are not scheduled in Philly. So, yes, I sit and watch setlist updates. I don't complain. But when he says he doesn't give a shit about me and other fans who don't go to shows, he's making a huge generalization and also saying he doesn't care about people who don't pay to see the shows. I don't think that's right. Just because someone doesn't go to a show doesn't mean they aren't a fan.

I'm not discussing whether the setlist should be changed - I'm just saying I don't agree with how he phrased his point. It makes it sound like he doesn't care about people who aren't shelling out the money, which is pretty lame. I'd go see them in a heartbeat if they played my state.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #322 on: November 01, 2006, 01:39:36 AM »

I could give a fuck about some guy in Ireland sitting at home behind his computer who doesn't even go to the shows.?

I understand what he's trying to say, but at the same time, he SHOULD care about those of us at our computers. I, for example, can't go to a GN'R show because they are not scheduled in Philly. So, yes, I sit and watch setlist updates. I don't complain. But when he says he doesn't give a shit about me and other fans who don't go to shows, he's making a huge generalization and also saying he doesn't care about people who don't pay to see the shows. I don't think that's right. Just because someone doesn't go to a show doesn't mean they aren't a fan.

I'm not discussing whether the setlist should be changed - I'm just saying I don't agree with how he phrased his point. It makes it sound like he doesn't care about people who aren't shelling out the money, which is pretty lame. I'd go see them in a heartbeat if they played my state.

Yeah, but let's be honest. 99.9% of the people of ALL of these GN'R boards are a complete joke...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #323 on: November 01, 2006, 01:46:20 AM »

I could give a fuck about some guy in Ireland sitting at home behind his computer who doesn't even go to the shows.?

Yeah, but let's be honest. 99.9% of the people of ALL of these GN'R boards are a complete joke...
they're a complete joke because they kept the gnr interest alive thru all the years with nothing happening? and because they care about the band?

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #324 on: November 01, 2006, 01:48:53 AM »

maybe he has a respect for hardcore fans opinion

I have never seen so many tree
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #325 on: November 01, 2006, 02:04:51 AM »

maybe he has a respect for hardcore fans opinion
there were some hardcore fans discussing the setlist but they're a joke yes and they made some valid points and instead of smart replys the majority of the answers were only name-calling

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #326 on: November 01, 2006, 02:19:37 AM »

they're a complete joke because they kept the gnr interest alive thru all the years with nothing happening? and because they care about the band?

Bull. GNR's interest was kept alive by a huge majority of fans, and music interest alike in the band. Not these little boards. Even the BIGGEST of these boards on the internet, are only a small fraction of the overall picture.

I could give a fuck about some guy in Ireland sitting at home behind his computer who doesn't even go to the shows. 

You must be part of that 99.9%.

Nah. I'm one of the few that actually 'get it'.

Unlike you...

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2006, 02:21:30 AM »

Cry Embarrassed Cry

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #328 on: November 01, 2006, 02:28:14 AM »

Bull. GNR's interest was kept alive by a huge majority of fans, and music interest alike in the band. Not these little boards. Even the BIGGEST of these boards on the internet, are only a small fraction of the overall picture.

the huge majority of fans that you refer to had no ideea that slash wasn't in the band anymore when the 2002 tour happened. i'm not saying that the people on the message boards are more important than the others but at least you shouldn't tell them to kiss your ass because they are discussing a setlist

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #329 on: November 01, 2006, 02:35:42 AM »

the huge majority of fans that you refer to had no ideea that slash wasn't in the band anymore when the 2002 tour happened. i'm not saying that the people on the message boards are more important than the others but at least you shouldn't tell them to kiss your ass because they are discussing a setlist

I think without the Internet, GN'R would have died out a few years ago. Not necessarily as a band (though lack of interest would have made that happen eventually), but just in terms of interest. The Internet has helped join fans together and propel the myth of the band - and the record itself. It's let Axl realize how many people still have faith. I think without the Internet it would be a lot harder for all the dots to be connected.
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2006, 02:36:49 AM »

I think without the Internet, GN'R would have died out a few years ago. Not necessarily as a band (though lack of interest would have made that happen eventually), but just in terms of interest. The Internet has helped join fans together and propel the myth of the band - and the record itself. It's let Axl realize how many people still have faith. I think without the Internet it would be a lot harder for all the dots to be connected.

Yep.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2006, 02:36:56 AM »

He didn't say that. He said to kiss his ass, because they are COMPLAINING about a setlist, when he's going out to the front of the stage, and everybody's loving it, and the majority of the people complaining haven't even been to one show.

The shows I went to, EVERYONE was very aware of the current dealings with GN'R. The only thing I had to fix for them, was that Bucket was no longer in the band. Most of the vibe, was that most weren't big fans of Bucket (because of his presentation, not his ability), but overall this 21st century GN'R kicked ass.

Most people became aware of this because of the 2002 VMA appearence, not these message boards.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2006, 02:42:19 AM »

He didn't say that. He said to kiss his ass, because they are COMPLAINING about a setlist, when he's going out to the front of the stage, and everybody's loving it, and the majority of the people complaining haven't even been to one show.

The shows I went to, EVERYONE was very aware of the current dealings with GN'R. The only thing I had to fix for them, was that Bucket was no longer in the band. Most of the vibe, was that most weren't big fans of Bucket (because of his presentation, not his ability), but overall this 21st century GN'R kicked ass.

Most people became aware of this because of the 2002 VMA appearence, not these message boards.

Dude, no offense, but the VMAs were slated across the board by people and just about every DJ in America made fun of Axl the day after. Yeah, maybe some of the old fans thought it was cool (I certainly did), but average people and casual fans of the band thought it was terrible. A large part of the reason people still call Axl fat, etc. is because of that performance. If he had come back looking like he does now, there still would have been complaints from some, but not nearly as many. That made a lot of people get a new image of Axl and a lot of people still have that image and use it to make fun of him, which is unfortunate.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2006, 02:48:02 AM »

Dude, no offense, but the VMAs were slated across the board by people and just about every DJ in America made fun of Axl the day after. Yeah, maybe some of the old fans thought it was cool (I certainly did), but average people and casual fans of the band thought it was terrible. A large part of the reason people still call Axl fat, etc. is because of that performance. If he had come back looking like he does now, there still would have been complaints from some, but not nearly as many. That made a lot of people get a new image of Axl and a lot of people still have that image and use it to make fun of him, which is unfortunate.

We're not taking about their presentation.

We're simply talking about it being 'alive' and making the casual fan 'aware'. The VMA's did that, whether positive or negative.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2006, 02:53:58 AM »

We're simply talking about it being 'alive' and making the casual fan 'aware'. The VMA's did that, whether positive or negative.
yes the vma's made the casual fan aware but the same casual fan made fun of the band because they looked like a "circus". unfortunatly the average fan cares more about the image than the talent no

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2006, 02:59:42 AM »

yes the vma's made the casual fan aware but the same casual fan made fun of the band because they looked like a "circus". unfortunatly the average fan cares more about the image than the talent no

I can't disagree with that. Definitely not entirely untrue.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2006, 03:01:33 AM »

We're talking about what kept GN'R alive. Negative publicity caused many to turn their backs altogether on Axl Rose. Casual fans - not die-hards like you and I - lost a lot of faith. If he had come out at the VMAs with a flawless voice, looking like he did back when, the band would have a much better reputation than it does now. A lot of people view GN'R as the punchline to a joke - the album's release will hopefully change that.

But when you want to talk about what kept the band alive - no, negative attention did not. The people who started joining message boards after the '02 tour started? Yeah. An internet fanbase developed. If none of us were here right now, so much of this band's general energy would be nonexistant.

The '02 VMAs might have regenerated some publicity for the band, but it also harmed their '02 tour - the poor ticket sales definitely had to do with the criticism being thrown towards GN'R at the time. The big cities sold out of course, but smaller towns did not.

I think without the Internet fans the band wouldn't have as much interest built up around it right now.

That's my opinion, anyway.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 03:03:28 AM by Russian Roulette » Logged
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2006, 03:04:34 AM »

We're talking about what kept GN'R alive. Negative publicity caused many to turn their backs altogether on Axl Rose. Casual fans - not die-hards like you and I - lost a lot of faith. If he had come out at the VMAs with a flawless voice, looking like he did back when, the band would have a much better reputation than it does now. A lot of people view GN'R as the punchline to a joke - the album's release will hopefully change that.

But when you want to talk about what kept the band alive - no, negative attention did not. The people who started joining message boards after the '02 tour started? Yeah. An internet fanbase developed. If none of us were here right now, so much of this band's general energy would be nonexistant.

The '02 VMAs might have regenerated some publicity for the band, but it also harmed their '02 tour - the poor ticket sales definitely had to do with the criticism being thrown towards GN'R at the time. The big cities sold out of course, but smaller towns did not.

I think without the Internet fans the band wouldn't have as much interest built up around it right now.

That's my opinion, anyway.

I'll have to agree to disagree. I just feel GNR's legacy is what kept them alive, and the fact they went out on top in 1993. Not internet message boards. The boards may have given people the heads up on stuff, but the large majority, no.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2006, 03:19:52 AM »

I'll have to agree to disagree. I just feel GNR's legacy is what kept them alive, and the fact they went out on top in 1993. Not internet message boards. The boards may have given people the heads up on stuff, but the large majority, no.

Die hard fans kept the porch light on all these years.  We sold out Hammerstein and sent the band off to Europe with an understanding that the album would follow later this year. I dont think we should be dismissed so haphazardly, especially by Del.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2006, 03:23:10 AM »

Die hard fans kept the porch light on all these years.? We sold out Hammerstein and sent the band off to Europe with an understanding that the album would follow later this year. I dont think we should be dismissed so haphazardly, especially by Del.

Message boards did not sell out Hammerstein.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: