Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:59:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL's Rant in San Juan last night
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL's Rant in San Juan last night  (Read 71953 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #360 on: November 02, 2006, 12:20:10 PM »

well the thread is about axl's rant and not dels that doesn't exist.
axl does not really dismiss you on the mp3.
He basically says he doesn't care what armchair critics say about the show. the band just do their best for the crowd at the show.

The numbers on the set are for the greatest happiness of the greatest number of people at the show.
If you tried to please everyone you'd get the same one. Check this http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=a8874a637ac39fb0599e6d28b0460b45&topic=18621.0
The set meets the demand for the time being. The demand will naturally change as the tour goes.

Of course, this is all false until you post the mp3 yes

You're once again bloody right, mate.

see the first post of this thread and spot the mistakes! Shocked

No offence to the topic starter, thanks for the info BTW, but such miscomprehension always happen. we all should have known that.
I thought it was Idaho. Whether in Ireland Idaho, Iowa, or wherever all the same when the guy is not at the show in question then.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #361 on: November 02, 2006, 03:41:40 PM »

Great rant.......and I am happy to see someone from the top verbally break the faces of the whiners and bitches on this and other sites........remember, whiners and bitches never get laid....ever.....they never get laid..... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #362 on: November 02, 2006, 04:03:35 PM »

rock on AXL,,   and it was iowa not Ireland,
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #363 on: November 02, 2006, 04:21:47 PM »

rock on AXL,,? ?and it was iowa not Ireland,

It took me 5 times of watching that to be sure he actually said Iowa.  I guess Axl has an accent to me or maybe I would to him, being that I am from NY hihi

Either way "Iowa" represents a generalization of those who do not even go to the show but sit around in places like this and complain.  I am sure he doesn't hate those from Iowa! Grin
mickyjoe89
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #364 on: November 02, 2006, 05:52:32 PM »

its was iowa not ireland
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #365 on: November 02, 2006, 06:18:55 PM »

its was iowa not ireland

No shit?

I didn't realize.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #366 on: November 03, 2006, 02:16:55 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zUhSa1_Cmu0

That's the first time I've watched an Axl rant and really felt like he was being a total prick. I understand that he'd be pissed at people who complain about setlists, but saying he doesn't care about fans who don't go to shows is pretty arrogant IMO. Like I said in another thread, when you want to talk about "reconnecting to reality," you've got to realize that part of the reason most of us don't go to shows every night is because of reality. I'd go in a heartbeat if they played my state or if I didn't have a job I had to go to or if I had all the money in the world to travel around America following them. They aren't, and I don't, and so I'm at home watching bootlegs. And I don't bitch about setlists. And then he says something like that?  Roll Eyes
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #367 on: November 03, 2006, 02:24:35 PM »

Read my post on page 18. Maybe it helps.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #368 on: November 03, 2006, 02:26:43 PM »

That's the first time I've watched an Axl rant and really felt like he was being a total prick. I understand that he'd be pissed at people who complain about setlists, but saying he doesn't care about fans who don't go to shows is pretty arrogant IMO. Like I said in another thread, when you want to talk about "reconnecting to reality," you've got to realize that part of the reason most of us don't go to shows every night is because of reality. I'd go in a heartbeat if they played my state or if I didn't have a job I had to go to or if I had all the money in the world to travel around America following them. They aren't, and I don't, and so I'm at home watching bootlegs. And I don't bitch about setlists. And then he says something like that?  Roll Eyes
don't take it personally. he was just saying they (the band) put everything they have into the show and they do it for people at the show. why should he do a bunch of songs for people who aren't even at the concert? its all about the people who have nothing riding on it taking shots because they have nothing better to do. he's just saying he could care less about people who whine about concerts who aren't even at them.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #369 on: November 03, 2006, 02:33:51 PM »

That's the first time I've watched an Axl rant and really felt like he was being a total prick. I understand that he'd be pissed at people who complain about setlists, but saying he doesn't care about fans who don't go to shows is pretty arrogant IMO. Like I said in another thread, when you want to talk about "reconnecting to reality," you've got to realize that part of the reason most of us don't go to shows every night is because of reality. I'd go in a heartbeat if they played my state or if I didn't have a job I had to go to or if I had all the money in the world to travel around America following them. They aren't, and I don't, and so I'm at home watching bootlegs. And I don't bitch about setlists. And then he says something like that?? Roll Eyes

Well he didn't say that, so... I don't understand your rant.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #370 on: November 03, 2006, 11:34:42 PM »

That's the first time I've watched an Axl rant and really felt like he was being a total prick. I understand that he'd be pissed at people who complain about setlists, but saying he doesn't care about fans who don't go to shows is pretty arrogant IMO. Like I said in another thread, when you want to talk about "reconnecting to reality," you've got to realize that part of the reason most of us don't go to shows every night is because of reality. I'd go in a heartbeat if they played my state or if I didn't have a job I had to go to or if I had all the money in the world to travel around America following them. They aren't, and I don't, and so I'm at home watching bootlegs. And I don't bitch about setlists. And then he says something like that?? Roll Eyes

Once again, you STILL don't get it.

He never said that.

He said he was tired of people who are BITCHING about the setlist, that aren't at the show. Del tried to re-state this so it was perfectly clear, and his comments were also misinterpreted and spun.

I'm not necessarily picking on you Russian, because overall I think you're cool, but most of these 'internet-only' fans, REALLY REALLY need to get over themselves. They are legends in their own minds, and think they single-handedly kept the fan base alive since 1994, which is bullshit. I'm not saying they didn't have a hand in it, but it was only a certain fraction of the overall scheme.

But that's not really what this was about. This was not an attack on the fans. This was an attack on the whiners who aren't even participating in this GN'R thing, complaining that the setlist isn't changed to include THEIR favorites for the night, or Axl's still got braids, or Ron's got a Hawaiian shirt on. It's bullshit. "Get a life" - DJ.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
badapple81
« Reply #371 on: November 04, 2006, 01:56:36 AM »

So true that they do the show for people at the concert.. not us forum users who download and follow show after show online. Those seeing GN'R as a one off certainly wouldn't be bored!!
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #372 on: November 04, 2006, 05:01:15 AM »

But that's not really what this was about. This was not an attack on the fans. This was an attack on the whiners who aren't even participating in this GN'R thing, complaining that the setlist isn't changed to include THEIR favorites for the night, or Axl's still got braids, or Ron's got a Hawaiian shirt on. It's bullshit. "Get a life" - DJ.

Well said, that is exactly how I took it as welll! Mike

Brody
« Reply #373 on: November 04, 2006, 07:21:59 AM »

Axl Hates IOWANS haha thats great im from iowa haha! so who pissed him off from IA?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #374 on: November 04, 2006, 08:10:51 AM »

Axl Hates IOWANS haha thats great im from iowa haha! so who pissed him off from IA?

He just picked a state out of the hat to prove his point, imo. He should've said Missouri, seeing how I think he's still banned from the city of St. Louis.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #375 on: November 04, 2006, 08:12:58 AM »

I think after hearing that "Rant" you realise how it wasn't intended to offend people. When you read it, it might be in a different tone of voice to what he actually said. Once you've heard him say it, you realise how its not a dig at the fans, it's not even a big deal.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #376 on: November 04, 2006, 08:15:37 AM »

I think after hearing that "Rant" you realise how it wasn't intended to offend people. When you read it, it might be in a different tone of voice to what he actually said. Once you've heard him say it, you realise how its not a dig at the fans, it's not even a big deal.

That's what i've been saying. What he said was SPUN. Just like what Del said was SPUN.

People read/heard what they wanted to, and suddenly all of these misconceptions spread like wildfire.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #377 on: November 04, 2006, 08:29:15 AM »

Just watched the rant. I gotta say: fair enough, Axl, I understand what he's getting at. And it's great they played different songs throughout the tour, especially the last couple of shows.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: