Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:55:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  when you get chinese democracy how are you going to listen to it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: when you get chinese democracy how are you going to listen to it?  (Read 5842 times)
Kid A
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 03:08:14 AM »

...with my pants off.

I will listen to it fully clothed.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 04:11:00 AM »

I'm going to listen to The Blues first, then go back to the beginning and listen in order.
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 04:22:49 AM »

I think I will listen to all the songs we have heard first. Like CD, Maddy, the blues etc....then listen to the ones that are new last. Then go back and listen to it in order. What about everyone else

lol with my ears, why such noob questions, in the car, thru speakers, how else do you listen to a record?? .... come on....
ben9785
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 04:39:07 AM »

man i would love to fucking have a day off, and just go somewhere alone and listen to it out and about and take all the songs in on a discman or whatever. and calle verybody i know and tell them to ge ttheir fuckin asses to cd stores and listen to it.

this is why i need a little bit of advance notice when it will come out Axl
how else am i going to know which day to take off work Sad

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 04:51:17 AM »

First I will download the tracks we've already heard and listen to them until the album drops. Then I will listen to it as it's supposed to.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ForeverGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 05:18:52 AM »

I will put it in my computer and then listen to all the songs we haven't heard first and then listen to the songs we've already heard.
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 05:57:25 AM »

Straight through on my living room stereo turned up really loud with all my windows and doors open so everyone in my street that thought it would never come out (Like there's probably so many? hihi) can be proved wrong.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 06:01:22 AM »

Straight through on my living room stereo turned up really loud with all my windows and doors open so everyone in my street that thought it would never come out (Like there's probably so many? hihi) can be proved wrong.

Grin I think many of us have a secret wish of having crowds of people gathering outside our house in awe that we proved them wrong. hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ben9785
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 06:12:31 AM »

Grin I think many of us have a secret wish of having crowds of people gathering outside our house in awe that we proved them wrong. hihi
well you can bet your life that the fuckers i run into at cd stores who laugh at me because i wear the GNR shirt with the new logo and that and i brag about how the great the demos are, im gonna be paying them all a visit on the day and telling them yeah thats right, and then bringing in a set of ipod docking speakers, setting up the album for playback and slam dancing with strangers
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006, 06:49:09 AM »

sticking to the tracklist axl has chosen... i simply love albums... artwork, lyrics, pics, order of songs = total art

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2006, 07:30:49 AM »

I'm planning to go to the beach at sunset and listen to it, track by track...

give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2006, 07:43:36 AM »

I hope that my ears will still work on that day in 2046, because i'm +70 by then  Grin Grin

No seriously, I'm going to listen to it all alone at first, lock myself up in my house for a few days. Not planning to listen to the first 1 or 2 tracks in my car radio on the way back from the record store, but that will be a difficult 5 minutes  peace

Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2006, 07:45:11 AM »

Well first of all i will study the artwork the credits,pictures and lyrics if there are any.
While doing that i might open the first 2-3 beers. Then i will slowly move my ass over to the fucking stereo and hold both discs in my hand (I am convinced that we will get the actual CD + a DVD with some kind of footage....
Since i will not be able to decide which one to start first i will probably open up beer no. 4.....
At that time i will probably also wear a bandana and a kilt . Just in case the tension grows to high......... Roll Eyes
The album will win and i will listen to it before i watch the DVD.
Track by motehfucking track. When i am around track 8 sixpack no. 2 appears on the scene.

After the first listening of the whole album i will call my girlfriend and a few friends and will tell them:
" I told you so. I knew that it will happen. Go and burry your bloddy Coldplay cd's. Real music has been released today"

After beeing done with sixpack no. 2 and the second total listen of the album i might put the kilt away and listen to this masterpiece for the third time in my white spandex untill the police visits me because my stereo is blasting the whole fucking street  Cool

Guns N' Roses CD 2006 . No doubt about that peace

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2006, 09:56:07 AM »

I'm going to make love to my boyfriend while listening to it. Whats Better than Hitting your climax and Having a New Gn'r Song Blast into your Ears?
Wow!! That was way to much info for me, but I guess to each their own.  How would you clearly be able to focus on the album, thats been so long awaited? 

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 09:58:17 AM »

I'm going to listen to The Blues first, then go back to the beginning and listen in order.
Also my song of choice, great pick!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 10:03:15 AM »

man i would love to fucking have a day off, and just go somewhere alone and listen to it out and about and take all the songs in on a discman or whatever. and calle verybody i know and tell them to ge ttheir fuckin asses to cd stores and listen to it.

this is why i need a little bit of advance notice when it will come out Axl
how else am i going to know which day to take off work Sad

Looks like you are gonna have to get cd first and not open it until you get the day off, you have already waited this long, a couple of days more would be painful I know, but this would be the best way to accomplish your goal. peace

Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2006, 10:07:56 AM »

I think I will listen to all the songs we have heard first. Like CD, Maddy, the blues etc....then listen to the ones that are new last. Then go back and listen to it in order. What about everyone else

lol with my ears, why such noob questions, in the car, thru speakers, how else do you listen to a record?? .... come on....
I'm with ya on that, just purchased a new car with an awesome "Bose" system in it will probably go on a small roadtrip alone so not to be interupted and just indulge myself into what I am sure will be a complete masterpiece!!

Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 10:45:56 AM »

Sick day, pick up some beers, and head phones. Because i'm traveling and don't have a stereo.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2006, 10:54:39 AM »

Sick day, pick up some beers, and head phones. Because i'm traveling and don't have a stereo.

Yeah I'm gonna pick up some quality headphones and listen to it that way to pick up all the nuances and as much detail as possible.  And I'll be thumbing through the liner notes as I listen.  Man completing the CD booklet for this thing must have been a marathon feat unto itself.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2006, 11:02:56 AM »

i won't listen to it....because it's not coming out...jackasses       Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: