Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:28:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  bravewords.com release date rumor...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: bravewords.com release date rumor...  (Read 42308 times)
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2006, 07:05:01 PM »

the reason i feel this rumor has the potential of being true is because so many different wensites and media outlets have reported on it. Maybe im being a little nieve but im hoping that for once one of these rumors is true

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2006, 07:07:30 PM »

They took it off I believe...maybe management contacted them and told them the date was junk.
I doubt it.  more likely management threatened them with a lawsuit. 

I agree. If they discovered that their information was incorrect, then a follow-up story or an edit of the original story should have been written ("RETRACTED: Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy Release Date Leaked") explaining the circumstances under which they learned that the original article was indeed false.

But that's not what happened...

Their previous articles about the release of Chinese Democracy, which have turned out to be false, are still there:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/39845

Consider though - the source on that article was supposedly "Slash" and they did pre-warn the reader.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2006, 07:09:03 PM »

They took it off I believe...maybe management contacted them and told them the date was junk.
I doubt it.  more likely management threatened them with a lawsuit. 

I agree. If they discovered that their information was incorrect, then a follow-up story or an edit of the original story should have been written ("RETRACTED: Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy Release Date Leaked") explaining the circumstances under which they learned that the original article was indeed false.

Their previous articles about the release of Chinese Democracy, which have turned out to be false, are still there:

Consider though - the source on that article was Slash and they did pre-warn the reader.

I think what he's saying is that the old & incorrect articles are still on the site, so the news item posted this morning probablly wasn't pulled because management contacted them and told them the date was incorrect.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
guns_n_motley
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2006, 07:10:35 PM »

I doubt it.? more likely management threatened them with a lawsuit.?

Consider though - the source on that article was Slash and they did pre-warn the reader.

I think what he's saying is that the old & incorrect articles are still on the site, so the news item posted this morning probablly wasn't pulled because management contacted them and told them the date was incorrect.

I think its obvious that management threatened them, and told them to take it off the site
estranged.1098
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2006, 07:14:44 PM »

The internet doesn't work like HTGTH. I don't see why they would be afraid of mgmt (unless they're the source and removed the news out of 'respect').
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2006, 07:18:41 PM »

but then again harley removed the better ad and replaced it with paradise city because of mangement

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2006, 07:20:18 PM »

The music business usually honors requests because they need each other. It's like a friend telling you to keep a secret.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »

The internet doesn't work like HTGTH. I don't see why they would be afraid of mgmt (unless they're the source and removed the news out of 'respect').

well, apparently the same information was confirmed by two different sources. I guess one or both could've been management.

I just find it weird that they won't respond to any emails or anything, it's almost like they were threatened with a lawsuit.  I just can't see how it would be illegal to post a release date on a website.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2006, 07:23:11 PM »

i just wish the website would either say there sources were wrong or just respond to our emails and say they can't respond to our questions regarding the album ( which will mean that management have told them they will sue or something along those lines)

estranged.1098
« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2006, 07:36:28 PM »

but then again harley removed the better ad and replaced it with paradise city because of mangement

That's because GNR and HD are partners, and they have a contract signed.

Bravewords is press. They can't be sued for posting news or rumours.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2006, 07:39:26 PM »

well, apparently the same information was confirmed by two different sources. I guess one or both could've been management.

I just find it weird that they won't respond to any emails or anything, it's almost like they were threatened with a lawsuit.  I just can't see how it would be illegal to post a release date on a website.

In this case, it sounds like GN'R is planning a surprise blitz ad campaign. I'm sure they would consider it "damage" to their strategy if everyone saw this article or if it spread to major news sources like the AP, etc. before GN'R wants it to.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2006, 07:45:28 PM »

One can than assume that management would ask the site to take it down. The site, being media, can deny such a request like rolling stone obviously did . It seems to me GNR asked the website to take it down till they make an official announcement and the website complied with that request.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2006, 08:01:32 PM »

I don't see what the big deal is about a release date being such a big secret. Who gives a fuck?! If its out on the 21st of November then that's good, they should just leave it at that. Why retract the statement? What's the big secret, its only a fuckin' album. We've waited long enough...Does my bloody head in to be honest...we're still gonna buy the album, why keep the fans in the dark?

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #173 on: November 07, 2006, 08:03:48 PM »

I don't see what the big deal is about a release date being such a big secret. Who gives a fuck?! If its out on the 21st of November then that's good, they should just leave it at that. Why retract the statement? What's the big secret, its only a fuckin' album. We've waited long enough...Does my bloody head in to be honest...we're still gonna buy the album, why keep the fans in the dark?

I definitely aggree there.. management makes it seem like its nuclear secrets their leaking or something rofl

when the album does come out i wouldnt be surprised if merck comes to my house and takes the cd away from me rofl
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2006, 08:28:30 PM »

I definitely aggree there.. management makes it seem like its nuclear secrets their leaking or something rofl

when the album does come out i wouldnt be surprised if merck comes to my house and takes the cd away from me rofl

LOL yeah, maybe it'll self destruct after it's played once. Don't get it wet or feed it after midnight either

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
daubs
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2006, 08:41:58 PM »

i think this is a good looking rumour as well. And yeah, its not like the world is going to stop when they announce/release the album...
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2006, 09:29:44 PM »

Did anybody receive any reply when they emailed this site on details of the news story's removal?

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
gun
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2006, 10:05:55 PM »

At first I laughed when I read this, then I took a moment to consider the events of the past few months and all I could do was get this look on my face  Undecided ....and ask myself "Why am I not laughing anymore?"   
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2006, 10:15:32 PM »

It'll probably come out the 21st in a cd case with full cover art, you open it up and instead of the CD it's a piece of paper saying NEVER BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ..there are still 5 tuesdays left.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2006, 10:18:38 PM »

It'll probably come out the 21st in a cd case with full cover art, you open it up and instead of the CD it's a piece of paper saying NEVER BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ..there are still 5 tuesdays left.

That would piss off A LOT of people. It may even incite a riot at Best Buy!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: