Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:32:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The DCU center in mantown 11/8 UPDATE thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DCU center in mantown 11/8 UPDATE thread  (Read 33198 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2006, 03:30:43 AM »

robins solo kicked ass
i loved it

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2006, 03:31:49 AM »

He threw it down in LV too.................... hihi

Did he?? Which night?

What was the full setlist Dave?

Not the latest trip to LV. On their first time at the Joint.

ooo yeah i remember that he was reeeeeeeeeeeeeally pissed - they had serious sound issues
he sent the mic stand flying like a spear

so passionate ?love

no rocket queen, think about you, used to love her, you're crazy, or chinese democracy, everything else. all of the solos and stuff.

No Chinese Democracy?!
but.... but... its the Chinese Democracy World Tour!! ?
what's next? ?no CD on the CD CD? ?Tongue
sorry i'm giddy - its late!

thanks for the info guys ?ok
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2006, 03:32:08 AM »

He threw it down in LV too.................... hihi

Did he?? Which night?

What was the full setlist Dave?

Not the latest trip to LV. On their first time at the Joint.

Ahh, ok I thought I was going senile again-

A good review from someone on MyGnr-

[quote name='hollyw00d81' date='Nov 9 2006, 03:27 AM' post='1518248'

I just got back, good show.

Oh and it ended at 2:00am, you want a fucking longer show than that? ?What the hell is wrong with these idiots.

Sound problems as usual for Axl, iI thought he would have fired his sound guy by now. ?Robin ended up throwing three different guitars to the stage in fustration, maybe he broke a sting on one and didn't like the sound of the second, who knows. ?Ron was exceptional tonight, owning that don't cry solo. ?Oh and Dizzy got one of the bigger ovations for his piano solo, I was pretty much front row and his finger work is amazing on the piano. ?I was in awe.

Axl dedicated OTGM to the Fire Marshal at Portland, and thanked the Worcestor Fire Marshal for being so cool. ?At the end of the show they all stayed on stage for a while and Axl thanked everyone for coming, and especially the people who drove down from Maine because of the canceled show. ?It was a packed house, not many empty seats at all. ?

I'm going to bed, maybe more updates tomorrow.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2006, 03:33:14 AM »

robins solo kicked ass
i loved it

love Rooooooooo-biiiiiin!? love

crying I wanna go to MSG!!!

Axl dedicated OTGM to the Fire Marshal at Portland

awesome classic Axl  ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2006, 03:34:38 AM »

I wonder just how many actually drove down from Maine.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2006, 03:36:56 AM »

Im off to bed ill write my revie wtomorow

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2006, 03:42:15 AM »

Im off to bed ill write my revie wtomorow
Same here, I am fucking beat.  But I want to add how great it was to be in the pit.  Everyone was great and i was bout 10 feet from Axl the whole time.  Still can't believe they did Down on the Farm

I was surprised though that so few people in the pit knew the words to the new songs.

Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2006, 03:44:47 AM »

FUCK dude.? You're ass is getting fined.? I've got your IP and it's going straight to the police.?
IP address will not stand up in court.? Cause in about 60 seconds you could go to a proxy enter in his ip address and surf as him as much as you want.? Also his IP address dosn't happen to start with a 192 or 172 does it?

Not saying you shouldn't try just saying very , very hard to proove
sorry probably not the best place to do this, but it can, cuz there's an external ip addy that can be traced to a mac addy from his isp.. and ban him from using his internet if someone was working for his isp.. it can bedone.
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2006, 03:46:32 AM »

to block this guys pictures do the following

r windows do this :

okay you can disable pictures in internet explorer

TOOLS
INTERNET OPTIONS
click on the ADVANCED tab
go down to MULTIMEDIA
and uncheck the box that says "show pic tures"

for fire fox do this :

tools>options>content>un chec the load images automatically box
the point by everyone and admins is.;... : we shouldn't have to do that.. it's like wtf
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2006, 03:47:11 AM »

Some highlights for me before I hit the sack....

1. Robin's solo now has the band behind him playing, which makes it more like a vocalless song. ?I'm starting to wonder if the tunes they play during the solos will be parts of songs on the album.

2. Apparently, Frank is Axl's motovational coach. ?Axl must stay positive or Frank beats the crap out of him. ?Axl says this is a very good motovational tool. hihi

3. After Out To Get Me, Axl mentioned that he should have dedicated the song....and then proceeded to thank the Worcester fire marshalls for being so helpful.

4. During November Rain, after the sparkles, one of the drinks by the drums caught on fire. ?In my opionion, this is exceedingly ironic hihi

5. Down By the Farm YAY!

6. After the final bows, Axl went to the mic and again thanked everyone for being there, and thanked who may have come down from Maine for doing so. And thanked us for putting up with the technical difficulties.

7. Jarmo has a cool accent. ?Tanya does too, but she doesn't want to admit it.

Please excuse me while I go pass out now.

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2006, 03:47:14 AM »

Just a thought ?but maybe this guy works for Axl, since Axl hates that all of his "fans"" just sit at computers during the show instead of acctually going

So this is Axl's revenge hihi
shit like this was the reason the original gnr boards were shut down waaaaay back when...
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2006, 03:51:37 AM »

cool so is there acomplete setlist for this show somewhere?
GeraldFord
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2006, 03:56:08 AM »

Hey all. Just got back from a terrific show.

First of all, Bach is the fucking man! What was Skid Row thinking to fire him? One of the best openers ever, fucking awesome. It's amazing that one man has soo much charisma. Bach is a legend.

Papa Roach was better than I expected. When I heard some of their songs I was like "oh yea, I remember that!" They were good, albeit a little generic, but they got the crowd pumped.

Guns N' Roses put on a killer, killer show. This was the second time that I had seen "Nu-GN'R," the first being Boston '02, and the band has definitely improved. While I loved seeing Axl in '02, and while the band was good, it seemed less like a band and more of an Axl Rose solo concert with a good backing band. This time, however, they really seemed solidified, much more like a band. There was a lot of chemistry between Finck/Fotrus especially. And at the end, when the band gave their final bow, amongst the screams of enthusiastic fans, it seemed like less of a nostalgia act, and more like a band with a future.

Axl looked Godly, way better than in '02. Axl was far more confident at this show, fully back in his groove after years away from the spotlight.

The band took the stage around 11:30 and played until about 2:00. Because there wasn't that much time between Bach, PR and GN'R, the wait didn't seem long at all.

There were some sound problems, especially hearing Axl, that was really the only downside. I think that it is a good idea to have the band members showcase a solo, as it introduces the band to the public and makes it more of a Guns N' Roses show and less of an Axl Rose one.
Here's an idea, let Stinson sing a Replacements song! That'd rock!

The new songs were met with a polite, if not overly enthusiastic response. But that's to be expected as 99% of the people haven't heard the new stuff.

My favorite moment was when Bach came on stage to sing "My Michelle" with the band. That was so fucking cool! They really were like brothers. Bolan and Snake, enjoy playing rib-joints fuckers!

Guns N' Roses really should release "Chinese Democracy," like, right now. While the tour is going well and the iron is hot, release the fucking thing.

All in all, excellent show. If you are on the fence about seeing the new band, take a chance and go, you'll have a great time.
Catcher
Opening Act

I'm a giant mutant Llama

« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2006, 03:59:46 AM »

cool so is there acomplete setlist for this show somewhere?

Well this seems to be the concensus so far... jtgard630 at MyGNR was the source for most of the set

01. Welcome To The Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
05. Sweet Child O Mine
06. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
07. You Could Be Mine
08. Dizzy Solo/The Blues
09. Better
10. Out Ta Get Me
11. November Rain
12. Down on the Farm
13. IRS
14. My Michelle (With Bach)
15. Patience
16. Nightrain

Encore:
17. Madagascar
18. Paradise City

Robin and Ron Solos in the mix as well
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2006, 04:03:07 AM »

Oh yeah, before November Rain, Axl suggested that we all take a moment of silence in this sad, sad time.  For Britney and Fed getting divorced.  We all laughed.  He suggested it again later too hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2006, 04:06:36 AM »

Some highlights for me before I hit the sack....

1. Robin's solo now has the band behind him playing, which makes it more like a vocalless song. ?I'm starting to wonder if the tunes they play during the solos will be parts of songs on the album.

love Robin ?love

2. Apparently, Frank is Axl's motovational coach. ?Axl must stay positive or Frank beats the crap out of him. ?Axl says this is a very good motovational tool. hihi
ahahah! ? I can just picture this! ?

3. After Out To Get Me, Axl mentioned that he should have dedicated the song....and then proceeded to thank the Worcester fire marshalls for being so helpful.
I can hear this in my head almost like I was there - classic Axl. ?Fuckin' awesome ok

4. During November Rain, after the sparkles, one of the drinks by the drums caught on fire. ?In my opionion, this is exceedingly ironic hihi

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG!!! ? LMAO! ?Only GN'R folks! ?ONLY GN'R! ?
"Burn Dizzy, Burn!" hihi

5. Down By the Farm YAY!
Considering the pics that accompanied our update thread tonight (courtesy of Tomorrow)... ?In my opinion THIS is exceedingly ironic! Grin

6. After the final bows, Axl went to the mic and again thanked everyone for being there, and thanked who may have come down from Maine for doing so. And thanked us for putting up with the technical difficulties.

7. Jarmo has a cool accent. ?Tanya does too, but she doesn't want to admit it.
Please excuse me while I go pass out now.

thanks for the review / highlights! ?ok

wish i could be there with you guys Friday at MSG ?drool
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 04:08:26 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2006, 04:36:17 AM »

great reviews.THX

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2006, 04:47:01 AM »

Oh yeah, before November Rain, Axl suggested that we all take a moment of silence in this sad, sad time.  For Britney and Fed getting divorced.  We all laughed.  He suggested it again later too hihi

Yeah that was pretty funny...  Axl seemed like they were having as much fun as we were.
It was simply an awesome show...
I went to the mother's day show at Hammerstein (which was also awesome) and they seemed to have really come together as a band... their energy was awesome.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2006, 05:01:56 AM »

Hey all. Just got back from a terrific show.

First of all, Bach is the fucking man! What was Skid Row thinking to fire him? One of the best openers ever, fucking awesome. It's amazing that one man has soo much charisma. Bach is a legend.

Papa Roach was better than I expected. When I heard some of their songs I was like "oh yea, I remember that!" They were good, albeit a little generic, but they got the crowd pumped.

Guns N' Roses put on a killer, killer show. This was the second time that I had seen "Nu-GN'R," the first being Boston '02, and the band has definitely improved. While I loved seeing Axl in '02, and while the band was good, it seemed less like a band and more of an Axl Rose solo concert with a good backing band. This time, however, they really seemed solidified, much more like a band. There was a lot of chemistry between Finck/Fotrus especially. And at the end, when the band gave their final bow, amongst the screams of enthusiastic fans, it seemed like less of a nostalgia act, and more like a band with a future.

Axl looked Godly, way better than in '02. Axl was far more confident at this show, fully back in his groove after years away from the spotlight.

The band took the stage around 11:30 and played until about 2:00. Because there wasn't that much time between Bach, PR and GN'R, the wait didn't seem long at all.

There were some sound problems, especially hearing Axl, that was really the only downside. I think that it is a good idea to have the band members showcase a solo, as it introduces the band to the public and makes it more of a Guns N' Roses show and less of an Axl Rose one.
Here's an idea, let Stinson sing a Replacements song! That'd rock!

The new songs were met with a polite, if not overly enthusiastic response. But that's to be expected as 99% of the people haven't heard the new stuff.

My favorite moment was when Bach came on stage to sing "My Michelle" with the band. That was so fucking cool! They really were like brothers. Bolan and Snake, enjoy playing rib-joints fuckers!

Guns N' Roses really should release "Chinese Democracy," like, right now. While the tour is going well and the iron is hot, release the fucking thing.

All in all, excellent show. If you are on the fence about seeing the new band, take a chance and go, you'll have a great time.

I think you just convenced me to go to the Nashville show. Great review. Sounds like it was a killer show.  ok

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2006, 05:04:53 AM »

no rocket queen, think about you, used to love her, you're crazy, or chinese democracy, everything else. all of the solos and stuff.

No Chinese Democracy?!
but.... but... its the Chinese Democracy World Tour!! ?
what's next? ?no CD on the CD CD? ?Tongue
sorry i'm giddy - its late!

thanks for the info guys ?ok

now I've seen everything Roll Eyes
even Eva Rosette is complaining rofl
never tought I'd see this comming:)

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: