Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:09:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The DCU center in mantown 11/8 UPDATE thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DCU center in mantown 11/8 UPDATE thread  (Read 33191 times)
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2006, 05:05:29 AM »

7. Jarmo has a cool accent. ?Tanya does too, but she doesn't want to admit it.

Axl said that?!?!

Or did you meet Jarmo?!?! Its not clear...
ben9785
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2006, 05:14:55 AM »

Thank you for all of your updates and reviews. It is much appreciated.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2006, 05:38:04 AM »

cheers for the updates - sounds like our little intruding visitor tried pretty hard to mess things up during the show - cheers for persevering everyone.  GREAT that down on the farm was back in!   peace
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2006, 06:15:57 AM »

4. During November Rain, after the sparkles, one of the drinks by the drums caught on fire. ?In my opinion, this is exceedingly ironic hihi

Best trivia ever ! Considering the reasons why Portland was cancelled hihi

Thank you for all the reviews ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2006, 07:20:05 AM »

Sounds like it was a good show. Nice set, with the exception of some songs off of Lies that weren't played, but you guys did get Down on the Farm, and that kicks ass!

One more day until MSG!

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2006, 07:21:35 AM »

thankx all for the reviews

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2006, 07:22:32 AM »

Nice reviews Cool

Now the MSG show is the next one, the Garden is always special, it's exiting ?peace
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2006, 07:26:06 AM »

Thanks to everyone for updating in the face of adversity (Tomorrow's posts).  Sounds like another killer show. I'm glad everyone was in a great mood and everyone that went had a blast!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2006, 07:30:41 AM »

Everything everyone's said so far is right. They put on a great show...great chemistry and they played for a long time.

Only complaint is the issues with Axl's mic. It was pretty bad from where I was. Couldn't hear him half the time and when you could, if he sang high at all it would get fuzzy and distort his voice. It's a shame too, because form what I could tell his voice was spot on last night.
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2006, 07:50:58 AM »

the show last night was awesome. i got to go as a last minute replacement (i'm still a little-- holy shit, i got to go to the show)... i guess lots of folks weren't going or had to go early because of when and where the show was... but it was a great time. i saw them in 02 in minneapolis and this was twice as good. axl was spot on tho he spent a lot of the inbetween songs talking about how the soundguy was the worst soundguy of the tour or something. he couldn't hear himself at all but he sounded great. it looks like the other folks who went agree it was a great great show (i didn't even realize i missed my favorite appetite song, rocket queen, until this morning-- that's how caught up in all the fun i was)-- what stood out for me was the very end after the bows when everyone was leaving in a heard axl stayed and apologized for the previous night and thanked everyone for coming out. to me anyhow it came off as very sincere and from the heart. so, from me, thanks to you axl for coming out to us.
madagas
« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2006, 08:41:21 AM »

People also need to realize that arena shows STINK for sound. There are always black holes in arenas for sound. Parts of an arena will sound great, then other parts suck. You want great sound, you need to go to theatres like Hammerstein or the Joint, etc. I've been to over a 100 rock shows, happens to everyone in arenas. Undecided
Rockout24/7
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2006, 09:30:38 AM »

LMAO what happened at the start of this thread?.. why was everyone grossed out?.. really man.. Im in the UK and missed all the shit!  rofl

Maine Road, Manchester - June 14th 1992
RDS Arena, Dublin - June 9th 2006
M.E.N Arena, Manchester - July 23rd 2006
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2006, 09:32:45 AM »

It looks like another great show! Cant wait to MSG!

Congrats to the band for puting up these great shows! beer

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2006, 09:33:07 AM »

The little reject will just visit every thread until someone bans his sorry ass. He's like a pissed off six-year-old who didn't get the Xmas present he wanted. If he's smart he has a proxy, otherwise an admin could at least forward his IP to his ISP and easily get his net access cut off if they know what they're doing (those clamoring for police involvement haven't been on the net very long).

Like all trolls he'll grow tired when he realizes no one gives a fuck about him other than to laugh at him.

Actually, ive been on the net for 5 or so years now. I know for a fact he can in some sort of trouble for viewing Beastality.

thats actually different from state to state. its not a federal law. for example, there is no law against it at all in the state of washington.

by the way, last nights show sounds cool, but looks a little short. still looking forward to tomorrow nights show, if anyones going send me a PM, im trying to figure out a good place to grab dinner before hand.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2006, 09:41:13 AM »

4. During November Rain, after the sparkles, one of the drinks by the drums caught on fire. ?In my opionion, this is exceedingly ironic hihi

hihi The Fire Marshall's revenge...
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2006, 09:49:32 AM »

honestly, half the night you could hardly even hear axl......the sound was so fucked up it was pretty disappointing......i know it's not the bands fault, they played their fucking asses off. ?i hear what the people are saying about arena shows having shitty sound, but i was in the same spot all night and bach sounded fucking KILLER!!!!!! ?crisp, clear, loud....i was seriously impressed with bach, that guy went off......then gn'r came out and you could hardly hear axl, and when you could it was really high pitched screetching almost.....it was probably the worst sounding show i've ever seen
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2006, 10:15:53 AM »

Hey y'all... long time guest, first time poster... just wanted to give my little review:
Last night's show was fucking awesome.  Axl pretty much said from the beginning that he couldn't hear himself at all, but from where i was, he seemed to be hitting every single note.  The were definitely times when you couldn't hear him well, but when you could he sounded so damn good, even better than anything I've seen on youtube from '06.  The band kicked ass too.  When I left i was thinking about it, and it struck me that all these "new" guys are really seasoned experienced musicians with really different backgrounds, and they all bring a slightly different flavor to the table, which makes  for a really cool, unique sound overall.  I came in hoping they'd "fill in" for the old band well, but in the end I realized that this is a completely different group, and they're awesome!  They really made the songs their own.  And the triple guitar attack really worked for me.  Fink goes out to the battlefield and maniacally sprays machine gunfire everywhere, Fortus is an expert marksman, and Bumblefoot is special forces.  I was really impressed with Axl's behavior as well.  It seems to me that there was a time when he would have gone off on a 10 minute rant about the Portland fire marshalls, or stormed off stage because of the sound problems.  But he really was a perfect gentleman, very professional and gracious.  Anyway, I had a blast and I hope they come back soon! peace
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2006, 12:07:46 PM »

Last night was a great time and this is my recalling of the evening.

I got to DCU about 11am and was the 1st one there. It was raining hard all day so they let as stay inside to wait till about 2 hours till we could get in. By the time we got in the line for the floor was all the way down the street. And the guy inside looked out and said "HOLY SHIT" So me and my girlfriend get in and run down to the floor and get front and center.

BAZ was fucking great!!! sound like he did back in his Skid Row days. The place was full when he was on stage. And by the time gn'r hit the stage they opened the top of the DCU and look to me to be sold out!! 10.000 give or take. It was a great crowed and everone was have a good time.

Papa Crap...need i say more? all of people got up to get things when they came on. And there was alot of fighting. The singer said "you want to come up here and fight it out? who wants to see a good fight tonight?" Then axl's body guard told the sing not to fucking do. Grabed him and told he something in his ear and then walked back to the drums. He then told them to kiss and make up. The got off around 10:30

GUNS N'ROSES from 10:30pm we waited till 11:40 till they came on. Jungle opened the show...it sounds abit slower then the last time i seen them in NYC. More like the album. Axl could not hear anything for the 1st 4 songs. After Jungle he stop and told the ppl "I'm not going to let my sound guy fuck me!! i'm going to do this with no ears" and in to It's So Easy. Then Brownstone. Both songs sounded ok but abit off because Axl still could not hear him self. And then on brownstone he got feed back and kicked the monitor. Then they played Live and Let Die. Still no monitor for axl but still played witch is great! for the 1st 4 song you could not hear him to good. Then they played a blues jam with Robin. Then it when in to Sweet Child. Now you could hear axl better. But he still had no ears in. KOHD was next sounded great but could not hear Axl at times. At one pont Axl sayed "Hello portland then laught. and no thats not nice." And then thanked the firemen for letting the show go on. YCBM was next and sounded great.  Dizzy then came out and play Angie before going in to The Blues. Sounded Very good. They have that song down very well.  Then they played Better and the place went nuts!! after the song i sceamed "PLAY MORE NEW SONGS!!!" axl then looked at me and sayed "i heared that" and smiled. Then they played a solo and when in to Out Ta Get Me. November Rain was next. Sounded great. But when the pyro went off at the ending solo it started a small fire on stage that no one seen!! afew of the guys next to me got Axl's Bodyguard and he ran up on stage and put it out. He then came back downed and thanked them. Then Tommy asked Axl what you want to do next? DOWN ON THE FARM witch was fucking awsome!!! Axl sounded great!!! after that. Me and the guys next to me sceamed out IRS!!! tommy then looked at axl and asked if he wanted to play it and he said sure! lol it was great. And the rest of the show was great. Madagascar was amazing!!! and axl was having a great time and told the ppl it was a nice night. P-City was rocking and Axl thow the mic out to a guy. Then when they came out to take a bow and said good bye. The guy with the mic was saiding GOOD FUCKING NIGHT GOOD FUCKING NIGHT GUNS N FUCKING ROSES!!! axl then said "can someone pease trun that off lol" 11:40 to 2am. it was great i can't wait to see them next time. beer
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 12:12:35 PM by uzisuicide2002 » Logged

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2006, 12:16:56 PM »

Just woke up from last night. Some impressions:

as stated before there were intermittent sound problems, esp. with axl's mic---but that didnt stop them from putting on one of the most high energy shows ive seen---even more so than the June one!

Particularly hot songs included KOHD, Better, LALD and a VERY tight version of Maddy

Also Robin's new solo with Dizzy and Frank included was the shit! The man is an animal Cool

Frank is clearly living the dream---he refuses to let the energy die down in b/w songs, pounding his bass drum to the "Guns n Roses" beat---perhaps thats why axl called him his motivational speaker Grin

BBF had a bra thrown at him towards the end and he promptly wore it as a hat

Axl asked for a moment of silence for the split of Britney and K-Fed before NR...it was not respected--he also dedicated Nightrain to them

I guess what impressed me the most was that in spite of the sound issues at points, the band still played their hearts out--Axl was really engagin with the audience and they all, judging by the amount of sweat on them, put everything out on the stage.

Cant wait till next summer Cool

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2006, 12:39:19 PM »

Oh ya and axl asked for a moment of silence for britney and kfed  rofl hahaha that was hillarious

That was hilarious. He mentioned Brittany and Kevin again later on and chastised us for not being very nice.  hihi rofl

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: