Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:23:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Question on floor seats
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question on floor seats  (Read 1584 times)
mdttkk
Rocker

« on: November 08, 2006, 06:47:02 PM »

Hey all, i just experienced my first concert yesterday going to the Goo Goo Dolls here at edmonton and i was like 2nd row on the floor, like 6 feet away from the band.  As soon as the opening band went off and it was near the time the goo goo dolls were coming on alot of people started pushing their way to the front, and a few girls created like 4 fights so it was fairly unpleasant to be where i was for the first half of the concert, until they got kicked out.  Anyways my question was, 2nd row floor seats at a guns concert, is it even worse?  are there alot of fights over spots that go down, and are there alot of stupid drunk people up there?  because at the goo goo dolls they seperated the drinkers from the non drinkers, of course thats only if u admitted to drinking before the show.   i remember one person said on this forum that sometimes if u make friends with the people beside u, or have friends with you that you can get ur floor spot back, but i really dont think thats true.  as soon as i ever tried to adjust my position on the floor someone behind me was ready to push me out of my spot.  the crowd wasnt too wild except for the fans trying to push to the front and starting a few fights, i was in the mosh pit area and it wasnt like i imagined it would be, nobody was jumping up and down but then again goo goo dolls are a more soft rock sound than GNR.  anyways yeah i guess the general question is; what's the floor and mosh pit like in the GNR shows?

edit: dont know what to call them besides floor seats, maybe floor spots but on ticketmaster they are floor seats so no smartass comments plz!  ok
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 06:53:11 PM »

I was at the show in Huntington, WV (first row) and we were packed in there. I think I had enough hands (among other things) on my ass that I could file sexual harassment charges.

But yeah, there was a constant push forward. It got worse as GNR came on. I couldn't really complain though.. My friend and I were surrounded by girls.

I didn't see any fights. It seemed like everyone was just having a good time. A mosh pit was impossible. Everyone was too close together.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 06:56:35 PM »

I think it depends on the type of crowd on any given night. I've been to shows where the floor was no issue, other where it almost ruined the experience for me. I am old now, so  I'm not gonna chance it.....lower level reserved.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
PENNY16161
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »

At Hammerstein on the 12th, there was a mosh pit that kept throwing me into the guy in front of me.  Eventually that guy got angry enough that he moved me aside, found one of the guys in the pit and just dropped him like a baby.  That was the extent of the fight since his girlfriend started crying and made him stop, but it could have been a lot worse!

At Hammerstein on the 15th, about an hour before GnR took the stage a HUGE fight opened up right in front of me (I was about 15 people deep at the time).  People were kicked out, one guy was bleeding, etc.  So yes, there will be fights.  Worked out well for me, cause when the huge circle opened up, I cut through to be 2nd row all night!  But there was a lot of pushing and shoving up that close, and for some reason, the people who get up against the railing think they are a godsend and take it personally when people are pushed into them.
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 07:06:40 PM »

I was at jacksonville, I met some pretty cool dudes in line and we stood by them i was right up against the gaurd rail, center stage and yeah it kinda gets to be a pushy-cluster fuck of people when gnr comes on, actually even when papa roach was on towards the end, but all in all i was able to hold my ground but there were some dumbass people who were drunk and getting on my nerves, but it can be a great experience depending on the crowd.

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 07:16:17 PM »

I think it depends on the type of crowd on any given night. I've been to shows where the floor was no issue, other where it almost ruined the experience for me. I am old now, so? I'm not gonna chance it.....lower level reserved.

You're older and you name is "ipoopie"... I woulda bet you were 12 based on that.... Damn  hihi
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 02:30:59 AM »

i had another question, lets say someone has tickets for seats, but after they get in they just go down to the floor.  are people able to do this or do they check often for ur tickets
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 02:33:17 AM »

i had another question, lets say someone has tickets for seats, but after they get in they just go down to the floor.? are people able to do this or do they check often for ur tickets

They'll check to make sure where you're suppose to be..at least at the Garden the put a bracelet on you so security can see whether or not you belong in GA..not sure on other venues but probably similar methods

Who'd win 1991 Axl vs 2006 Axl ??
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: