Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:21:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just got back from MSG
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just got back from MSG  (Read 31210 times)
PENNY16161
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 11, 2006, 02:21:52 AM »

Just got home from MSG - INCREDIBLE show!  I was on the floor, next to the railing on the [Robin] side - coolest part is right before GnR came out, a bunch of "VIPs" came and stood on the toher side of the railing (guys from papa roach, scott ian, and Robin's family!)

The crowd was awesome - everyone was into it and loving it, much better than Sunday's show at the Meadowlands which I was at as well.  I'd say the place was sold out, if not about 98% full.  A lot of people knew all of the old songs and the new "leaked" songs, btu surprisingly fewer knew the Blues and Chinese Democracy than they did Better and IRS

Axl seemed to be having an awesome time, running arouond, jumping, smiling (!) - I got nervous everytime soemone would throw something, thinking he'd give us a warning like aat NJ or just storm off, but he picked it up (held and wore a brazil (?) flag in the beginning, spun a girls bra around before putting it on Robin's mic stand, etc)

Nothing new in the set, no comments about a release date, but they absolutely tore the garden apart and people loved every minute of it!
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:30:05 AM »

Cool you enjoyed the show ! Seemed really great ! Thanks for the review Smiley

Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 02:32:43 AM »

Well, sounds like a good show.. but no news Cry

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
Duff II
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 02:34:54 AM »

Strange... you give it a great review.

But lots of people who weren't there seem to be disappointed.  I'll believe YOU because you were actually there.
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 02:35:39 AM »

Nothing to the effect about a release ..but it's the mystique called Axl Rose..

Who'd win 1991 Axl vs 2006 Axl ??
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 02:42:42 AM »

Cool review.  Must have been an awesome show.  drool
iamskeletor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 02:48:11 AM »

I just got back myself.

I thought it was a very good show. The band sounded very tight. I didn't notice any sound issues with GNR, although it looked like Sebastian Bach had some mic problems. The individual solos during the night were much better than at the Hammerstein shows I thought. Also, Frank really keeps the crowd going while set changes are being made. The band jams during set changes also helped to move the show along.

Ron was definitely made the show for me. His playing was outstanding. His solo was the highlight of the night. The fretless work on Nightrain was also unbelievable.

Although not too much change as far as the set list went, I thought it was a good show and very representative of what the new band is all about.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 02:50:14 AM »

Thank you guys for posting reviews so quickly!  Grin
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 02:51:51 AM »

I have to agree with the individual solos were a lot better than what they did at Hammerstein in May.. Not sure but did  Bumblefoot do an Ace Frehley solo as Baz said when he came on stage  for My Michelle?

iamskeletor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 03:09:13 AM »

I didn't know it by hearing it because I'm not a huge Kiss fan, but apparently Ron played Ace's solo from Alive!

Another thing I noticed was how active the band is. They don't stick to their sides of the stage at all. They are constantly running around and jamming on different parts of the stage. There is also a lot more band interaction during the show. This is a big departure from when I saw them in 2002 with Buckethead in Vegas. I think Ron and Richard really add to the band's overall energy. Really cool shit.
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 03:12:23 AM »

was there too. it seemed axls mic wasnt loud enough, and that got a little annoying sometimes when you couldnt hear him. great show though.
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 03:45:53 AM »

I have to agree with Axl's mic at times were low and lost from the guitars which were drowning out Axl's voice at times.

As for the band bein mobile...hell yeah..Got to love Robin crowd surf ..I don't see that many bands do that

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 03:59:39 AM »

Just got back from the show!. What a difference a few days make!. I knew that this show would make up for the NJ sjow......

I got to MSG during the last song of Bachs set. Papa Roach was solid. ...

WHat can I say about GNR? I mean they tore the roof down yet again. NYC and GNR make for an incredible show. The place was packed and ready to party. As expected every old song was sung word for word with great intensity. A good part of the time I couldnt even here Axl because the crowd was so dam loud. This is how a rock show should be. Everyone should experience GNR at MSG. There is nothing that beats it.

Every song was basically a highlight. Better and IRS really stood out tonight. As well as November Rain and Patience. The band was perfect. Played with such passion and energy. And the crowd was into the band. You can tell very easily that this crowd was intot he new band, cheering th enew guys A LOT? more than in 02. Its not even close. ROns solo was great tonight. Robing crowd surfing. Great show. Pittman with the phat white suit.

I love this band. The quiet arrogance, energy,passion,chemistry, and straight in ur face rock is unmatched.

All I can tell you is to make it your business to travel to see this band at MSG. case closed. You will not regret it. trust me

bring on Chinese Democracy!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 04:06:14 AM »

THX for the review

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 04:26:17 AM »

i just got in from the show, I live in ct and made pretty good time.  the show was awsome, i was right in front.  Axl's stage presence was amazing. robin was the shit!  He came right out to the crowd and stared at the people next to me the whole time he was making the riffs for welcome to the jungle, unbelievable.  And his crowd surf was a little more successful this time than when he tried it when i saw them at the Hammerstein on may 15th.  Just a truley awsome show, wish they could have played madagascar and rocket queen, but i loved the set anyway. Nighttrain was flawless.  Only wish axl could have given us a hint about the album's release
GNRRRR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2006, 04:31:27 AM »

I just got home from the show too! It was amazing. I had section 129 seats...which isn't too close to the stage but I can see the entire sea of people.the place was bumpin through out the whole show. No one was in their seats.
Not a single boo the whole night...everyone loved the solos as did I. Axl and the band was perfect! Thanks for a great night boys!!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 04:33:13 AM »

Just got back as well...yeah the crowd was WAY more into it this time around as opposed to NJ...Now GNR kicked just as much ass in jersey but the crowd was lame...not the bands fault...Im from Jersey, and if its not Bon Jovi or Bruce Springsteen, people just dont get it....we are not the brightest of states.....anyway the garden was rockin, and just about the whole crowd went beserk from start to finish....it was very much like the Hammerstein shows as far as atmosphere goes, just on a bigger level...Axl sounded great, the band sounded great as well...I was talking to a bunch of people on the train ride back and they were all just going nuts about the show...not just hardcore fans, but the general type of people who just bought tickets to check out the show were blown away. ?A few women must have been in their late 30's said they couldnt believe how great Axl sounded and how great the new band is...some of the people on the train admitted to being skeptical on the way in to the show, but left the show completely blown away.....It was a great night!!!
GNRRRR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 04:46:23 AM »

I saw something very adorable tonight at the show. A mother and her 2 sons was in my section. The 2 sons are in their preteens-early teens and they were very into the show in the beginning but kinda sat down and watched after the first hour. But everytime I looked over to the mother she was standing and groovin to the music.. she looked completed mesmerized by Axl the entire show. GNR does transcend all age groups.
Death Cube K
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 05:54:21 AM »

A few women must have been in their late 30's said they couldnt believe how great Axl sounded and how great the new band is...some of the people on the train admitted to being skeptical on the way in to the show, but left the show completely blown away.....It was a great night!!!

I noticed the same thing after Oslo...skeptical crowd...left as fans when the show was over.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 06:25:54 AM »

No pics yet?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: