Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just got back from MSG
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just got back from MSG  (Read 32018 times)
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2006, 03:40:37 PM »

Freakin' awesome show last night! ?Amazing band, amazing crowd! ?

Kudos to Axl for putting up such a great show as he obviously has a cold right now (see how many times he used a kleenex). ?

Robin starting WTTJ right at the edge of the stage in front of us.... Funny piece from Axl too when he said something about ?You tube - my space // My tube your space. He was looking where Baz was standing shaking hands and stuff right after My Michelle.

Also, for those on the right side of the stage, there are a couple of times when Axl came our way and picked up something from the floor, just behind the security guard. I couldn't tell what it was but it made him smile the first time and laugh the second. Anyone knows?

I thought Robin went crowd surfing with his guitar pretty far, or at least further than usual. Thought he wouldn't make it back but he did.

Axl picked up a black bra during one of the last songs and hang  it up on Robin's mike.

GNR @ MSG..... as he said, they'll be back and I can't wait for it

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2006, 03:46:30 PM »

Good show - had trouble hearing Axl most of the time either b/c the crowd was so loud (which is kinda cool) or b/c I just had SHIT seats (section 311).  Most of it was due to the seats I think.  I think those on the floor / lower sections prob heard everything a lot better. 

still a good show though - but nothing super spectacular, just a good show.  peace

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
sunshine
Opening Act

Miles Away

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2006, 03:53:05 PM »

reviews are all pretty much the same
im glad u had a good time yes

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »

Awesome Show, although I had a couple of qualms.

It seemed to be a lot more normal of a crowd than Continental, which was much more druggie based (I did see many people breaking the smoking rule though). I sat in Section 96 which gave me a very good view.

Bach was much better then I expected. I didn't expect much though. I was getting really into it at the end. I loved seeing Scott Ian

Papa Roach, I spent some of the time walking around. They did sound really good their last couple of songs.

GNR was excellent. The sound was a little off in the beginning, but I think some of that was due to all of the fans singing along! I actually heard a sizable group singing along to IRS and Better. IRS was probably the best performance I've ever seen of the song! Despite this, I left very disapointed that I did not hear any more new songs or perhaps even Madagascar. IT IS THE MECCA OF ENTERTAINMENT AND YOU SHOULD BRING YOUR BIG GUNS!

To the contrary of what many think, I thought all the guitar solos were overboard, I would have much rather heard a new song or an Illusion song instead of 3 minutes longer then the solos had to be.

All in all though, I loved the experience and seeing all my fellow gunners. Keep the Faith!

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2006, 04:03:09 PM »

very cool show, nice and tight, got to meet bumblefoot sometime around bachs set, as everyone says great guy, loved meeting all of u at the pre-party
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2006, 04:04:08 PM »

Freakin' awesome show last night! ?Amazing band, amazing crowd! ?

Kudos to Axl for putting up such a great show as he obviously has a cold right now (see how many times he used a kleenex). ?

Robin starting WTTJ right at the edge of the stage in front of us.... Funny piece from Axl too when he said something about ?You tube - my space // My tube your space. He was looking where Baz was standing shaking hands and stuff right after My Michelle.

Also, for those on the right side of the stage, there are a couple of times when Axl came our way and picked up something from the floor, just behind the security guard. I couldn't tell what it was but it made him smile the first time and laugh the second. Anyone knows?

I thought Robin went crowd surfing with his guitar pretty far, or at least further than usual. Thought he wouldn't make it back but he did.

Axl picked up a black bra during one of the last songs and hang? it up on Robin's mike.

GNR @ MSG..... as he said, they'll be back and I can't wait for it

Erik said he picked up a tissue and laughed. I assume he laughed because I noticed axl in between songs would go to the back of the stage and blow his nose. He may have had a cold

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
estranged.1098
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2006, 04:05:10 PM »

Great reviews everyone!

I wonder, did Axl say anything other than the Youtube/myspace thing? And what exactly did he say about youtube anyway?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2006, 04:11:17 PM »

Great reviews everyone!

I wonder, did Axl say anything other than the Youtube/myspace thing? And what exactly did he say about youtube anyway?

He had no rants or anything. He barely even spoke

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2006, 04:26:27 PM »

there were boxes of tissues stashed at various places on the stage, and yeah, he would go around and grab one to blow his nose. probably has a cold.

the guitar solos are necessary so axl can take breaks between songs. anyone that sings in a band knows that after 30 to 40 minutes, you need some sort of break to recoup.

also, i noticed people asking about the dedications to someone named micky and joey. mickey rourke, who axl has called his biggest fan, had a half brother named joey who died of lung cancer in oct. 2004.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Dianachka
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2006, 04:29:29 PM »

yea i am a bit upset that he barely spoke...those are the highlights afterall Wink

Bach was trying to say something about Bush War and music....not sure where he was going with that
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2006, 04:32:22 PM »

yea i am a bit upset that he barely spoke...those are the highlights afterall Wink

Bach was trying to say something about Bush War and music....not sure where he was going with that
It was just to intro his new song about war .

Dianachka
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2006, 04:36:51 PM »

I thought he was just giving an anti Bush speech...
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2006, 04:48:45 PM »

I thought he was just giving an anti Bush speech...

Ah... an anti-Bush speech. How original...  Roll Eyes

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2006, 04:53:35 PM »

Oh yeah, axl did that he dedicated the show to mickey and joey (I think those are the names).  He said this both at the beg. and end of show.  He was talking about myspace or youtube and I think his exact words were, "I'd like to stick my tube in her space!" 
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2006, 04:54:17 PM »

Just got back from the Big Apple....I'll throw my two cents in.

I thought the night was doomed right off the bat.......not 2 minutes into Baz's first song and he had someone kicked out for something. ?Then he had a few minor sound problems, but pulled it out. ?I really enjoyed the one new song that sounded a bit like "I Remember You." ?Baz kicked ass though.

Papa Roach was okay...I forgot about a lot of those songs like "Broken Home." ?They had the coolest backdrop going for them though...the skeleton with the crown of thorns and wings.

Then came GNR...and before 11:30 too! Totally kickass show...sound was on point all night. ?Robin's blues solo he did with Frank really kicked ass and he nailed SCOM. ?The crowd was really into the solos tonight.....I think the Blues is really the only song that really didn't get much crowd reaction. ?As said before there was a decent group of people singing especially along to Better. ?IRS live blew me away. ?It was soooooo much harder than the demo and Axl's vocals were amazing. ?I couldn't have been happier with the night. ?Kudos to Robin for putting on an amazing show...He was the highlight of the night for me. ?Thanks to Red1 for hooking me up with a kickass seat (dead center, right in front of the mixing boards behind the GA section, got a perfect view of everything), thanks to all the naked girls at the steakhouse cabaret who made 3 AM in NYC interesting, and thanks to New Fuckin' York!

PS....Retox was garbage....nothing going on there and it's located like in an impound lot. ?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2006, 04:56:47 PM »

Oh yeah, axl did that he dedicated the show to mickey and joey (I think those are the names).? He said this both at the beg. and end of show.? He was talking about myspace or youtube and I think his exact words were, "I'd like to stick my tube in her space!"?

yes, mickey and joey were the names, he said "mickey this one is for joey" right before knocking on heavens door, then at the end of the show he said "mickey, this show is dedicated to joey".

i explained who mickey and joey are about six comments above.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
ElChino
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2006, 04:58:25 PM »

BAS HAD TALKED ABOUT PEOPLE DL'ING HIS SONG ON MYSPACE AND YOUTUBE OR SOME SHIT...SO DURING GNR'S SET, AXL WAS LIKE "I HEARD MENTION OF MYSPACE AND YOUTUBE EARLIER...HOW ABOUT I PUT MYTUBE IN YOURSPACE"....COULDN'T TELL FROM MY VANTAGE POINT IF IT WAS JUST A GENERAL REMARK OR IF HE WAS SAYING IT 2 SOMEONE IN PARTICULAR... HOPEFULLY IT WASN'T DIRTECTED AT BAS...THEN THEY WENT INTO "USED 2 LOVE HER"
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2006, 05:01:02 PM »

axl can put his tube in myspace!   hihi sorry, couldn't resist!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2006, 05:03:05 PM »

Damn what a night. ?Somehow, I ended up front row, on the Bubmblefoot/Robin side of the stage. ? I've read the reviews so far and agree, it was KICKASS. ?

In regards to the Myspace thing that Axl said. ?Bach mentions Youtube and Myspace in his set, refering to his crotch as his "Tube". ?Axl said "I would much prefer to watch MyTube in HerSpace" ?Think about it Wink hihi

This is the sixth time I've seen this band THIS YEAR. ?I'm so not tired of the set list lol. ?I can anticipate what's gonna come on and get revved up for it. ?And alot of it is a surprise because...well...I kinda lose my mind at a GNR show and forget the order hihi

This time I was able to keep my head a bit more and was able to see alot more. ?For instance, while Axl was introducing Richard Fortus, I could see Robin on his side of the stage without his guitar, dancing to the jam. ?He looked like string puppet, with his legs going all wobbly and spinning around....damn that guy is high  rofl?I LOVE IT!

I've also noticed that after his solo, Robin takes off his guitar and lays it down on stage carefully...he puts it to bed Smiley how cute lol

Frank is a madman and SSSSOOOO into it. ?He's basically one of us rabid fans who can play with his favorite band. ?During the final bow, or right before it, he came to my side of the stage and knelt, kissed the stage and pounded it with his hand inutter joy Grin ?During Robins solo, he's sitting at his drums, watching Robin with complete fascination and leaning over to watch him, it's awesome to watch lol

I'll remember more and post more later. ?The landlord decided TODAY was a good day to have roofers outside my window all day. ?I may have to hit the man.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 05:05:43 PM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2006, 05:11:36 PM »

I couldnt remember, what did Axl say at the end about when they would come back?  Also does anyone know who the girl was on stage to the left, it would be our right from the view. she was dance all night ?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: