Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:06:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash on Chinese Democracy ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on Chinese Democracy ?  (Read 20469 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« on: November 11, 2006, 03:27:07 PM »

What if Slash is on Chinese Democracy ? Do you think it is possible that he recorded something for CD ?

Having Slash on a couple of songs with Izzy would be so great ! It would give a new dimension to CD.

I'll download it !
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 03:37:50 PM »

I doubt it. if that was the case it wouldnt be good for axl and the band. Cant produce music without slash. He may have came up with SOME idead early on on some of these songs. Im sure the band tinkered with it all and its completely different now.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 03:41:20 PM »

no way
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

What if Slash is on Chinese Democracy ? Do you think it is possible that he recorded something for CD ?

Having Slash on a couple of songs with Izzy would be so great ! It would give a new dimension to CD.

Seeing how he quit before it was envisioned, I doubt it. Although I did hear Duff laid down a little work, in the very very early stages of the album's production. Though it could be rumor. Even though Axl did that 1999 interview with Loder and talked about all of the songs, I believe at that time alot of it had been done as demos with various 'new' people, such as Dave Navarro, Zakk Wylde, Tommy Stinson, Paul Huge, Josh Freese, etc.

Personally I wouldn't be shocked if Izzy might pop up with some work on the second album, who knows.

But I think Slash would make it sound dated. His guitar work in Velvet Revolver has a very 'old' sound to it. I thought with VR he'd at least modernize his sound some, but it sounds the same, and obviously from what we've heard of CD, would not work at all.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
T_Roxie
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

Slash doesn't sound dated at all Shocked (blues doesn't age!), but it would definately jar with the rest of the songs - I'd rather not have him on the albulm.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 03:59:22 PM »

Slash doesn't sound dated at all Shocked (blues doesn't age!),

Average does...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 05:44:17 PM »

Average does...
slash is not average no, and he chose to keep his guitar playing style (which is great). slash wanted to keep playing the same rock n' roll and axl wanted to try different things. that's why they parted

as far as slash on cd, never gonna happen. he's part of the past. Cry

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 05:48:59 PM »

some of his playing is VERY average
most of snakepit and VR is very average
IMO

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 11:17:14 PM »

i would love to see axl and slash get back together  a couple of years down the line , but for now release chinese democracy and let these guitarists get there credit

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 02:00:25 AM »

Average does...

And a big thank you from Robin Finck's mum for her incredible unbiased opinions....

Slash average? Lol, get a life.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
aimz
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 02:15:48 AM »

no slash is def' not average, but i agree that he wouldnt sound right on the album,so i think the new gnr should release cd (NOW) and maybe by then slash and axl may of patched things up between them?! Grin
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 02:19:54 AM »

But I think Slash would make it sound dated. His guitar work in Velvet Revolver has a very 'old' sound to it.

You must be listening to a different Contraband than me, because it doesn't resemble Slash of old to me.
On Contraband it sounded like Slash was stepping away from his usual bag of tricks and trying something new, a little more alternative than what he played in GN'R.

And I know it's all down to personal taste and all, but of all the words I'd use to describe Slash's guitar work as on Contraband, "old-sounding" isn't what springs to mind.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 02:26:12 AM »

But I think Slash would make it sound dated. His guitar work in Velvet Revolver has a very 'old' sound to it.

You must be listening to a different Contraband than me, because it doesn't resemble Slash of old to me.
On Contraband it sounded like Slash was stepping away from his usual bag of tricks and trying something new, a little more alternative than what he played in GN'R.

And I know it's all down to personal taste and all, but of all the words I'd use to describe Slash's guitar work as on Contraband, "old-sounding" isn't what springs to mind.

Contraband didnt really sound anything like Slash to me and it certainly didnt sound dated. That doesnt mean that I thought it was particularly great. But that was due to the most part to Scotts truly appalling lyrics.

I'm sure the new album will show us what Slash still capable of. To say the guy is average is beyond a joke and the mutterings of an obsessed fanboy.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 02:34:18 AM »

Contraband didnt really sound anything like Slash to me and it certainly didnt sound dated. That doesnt mean that I thought it was particularly great. But that was due to the most part to Scotts truly appalling lyrics.

I'm sure the new album will show us what Slash still capable of. To say the guy is average is beyond a joke and the mutterings of an obsessed fanboy.

Haha, this is slowly turning into a Contraband review thread. I actually like Scott's lyrics on there, but that's another topic altogether...
On Contraband Slash still showed moments of what he's capable of - that solo in You Got No Right is amazing and up there with his best GN'R work.

As for whether Slash appears on CD or not. I would hope not.

I think all it would prove is that Axl can't write anything of his own without relying on contributions from ex-members, and I also I think the new guys have worked way too hard on this to have the credit go to someone who is no longer in the band.

When the reunion ever happens, Slash and Axl will hopefully record again, but I really wanna hear what Finck, Fortus and Bucket/Bumble have come up with for CD.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2006, 02:40:43 AM »

but I really wanna hear what Finck, Fortus and Bucket/Bumble have come up with for CD.
Plus Brian May...

Since Chinese Democracy seems to be a guitar melting pot, Slash's presence would be welcome.

Maybe Axl and Slash have been fooling with us and have recorded songs together in 2005... drool

I'll download it !
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 02:51:55 AM »

but I really wanna hear what Finck, Fortus and Bucket/Bumble have come up with for CD.
Plus Brian May...

Since Chinese Democracy seems to be a guitar melting pot, Slash's presence would be welcome.

Maybe Axl and Slash have been fooling with us and have recorded songs together in 2005... drool

Honestly though, to think Slash would have anything to do with CD is mad. Axl would never let him near it, you know how bitter Axl is about the old band. It would never happen.

I too want to see what this 'GnR' sound like on the cd if it ever comes out. But that doesnt mean I dont want a reunion to happen. Be it for gigs, or an album or whatever. Anyone over 14 probably does too.

As for Contraband, yes there are moments of Slash greatness on there. I remember first hearing the Slither solo, whoa....... And to think it didnt take him 13 years to write that solo....

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 03:00:07 AM »

Brian May, Fortus, Buckethead, Finck, Bumblefoot and maybe Izzy and... Axl !

Plus Paul Tobias...

All these people will probably be playing guitars on CD. So why not Slash ?

I'll download it !
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2006, 03:03:30 AM »

Brian May, Fortus, Buckethead, Finck, Bumblefoot and maybe Izzy and... Axl !

Plus Paul Tobias...

All these people will probably be playing guitars on CD. So why not Slash ?

If Slash was on CD then we wouldnt have to have this debacle of a huge lineup with 3 guitarists, guests on the album etc....

Plus Paul Tobias....

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 05:04:21 AM »

So what about Duff..? I also heard a rumour saying that he really did some work in the early days of CD.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 05:15:29 AM »

So what about Duff..? I also heard a rumour saying that he really did some work in the early days of CD.

Ok lets have Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Axl. At least then we'll know it'll be good.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: