Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  11/13 Baltimore, MD [UPDATES]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 11/13 Baltimore, MD [UPDATES]  (Read 36820 times)
GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2006, 04:12:53 AM »

Just got back from the show. I enjoyed it more than the Hammerstein show actually. Ron is playing the solos better which i liked. Down On The Farm was awesome to hear as well. Other worthless things i noticed. Fortus played the first solo and Robin the 2nd in November Rain while at Hammerstein it was the other way around. I enjoyed the little jam stuff they did before the Blues and November Rain. Also Robin doing the Hendrix solo was flat out amazing.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2006, 04:19:33 AM »

Which Hendrix song did he play?  Was it before SCOM?

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2006, 04:22:29 AM »

I dont remember which one it was but yes it was before SCOM. Ill ask my buddy tomorrow cause hes a big Hendrix fan and he knew it right away.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2006, 04:24:00 AM »

Which Hendrix song did he play?  Was it before SCOM?

Voodoo Chile? hihi I guess not. But this is exactly what I've been hoping for; intros, changing intros.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2006, 04:40:55 AM »

Any chance it was the one slash used to do after civil war?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2006, 04:56:01 AM »

That would be Voodoo Chile Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2006, 05:33:03 AM »

The place was not that crowded, the entire upperdeck was empty and the 2nd tier was only 2/3 full.

That's sad to hear. How was the crowd acting overall?

Not to worry, with Canada up next you shouldn't be hearing about "half-empty" shows.   ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2006, 05:36:29 AM »

Ok i wasn't sure if it was or not.
slashBOG
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2006, 06:35:43 AM »

so, they did not sing IRS?Huh  Huh
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2006, 06:37:13 AM »

anyone got a final track list?
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2006, 06:40:44 AM »

Just got back from the show. I enjoyed it more than the Hammerstein show actually. Ron is playing the solos better which i liked. Down On The Farm was awesome to hear as well. Other worthless things i noticed. Fortus played the first solo and Robin the 2nd in November Rain while at Hammerstein it was the other way around. I enjoyed the little jam stuff they did before the Blues and November Rain. Also Robin doing the Hendrix solo was flat out amazing.

Robin's solo WAS NOT Jimi Hendrix.

I'm positive of that. It's the same solo he did at MSG.

Jive - I can't remember at the moment who did the Down on the Farm solo i was too damn excited to be hearing it live

And also, to GnrAxl4Life - I'm pretty sure Richard has played the first November rain solo @ every show, including the 4 hammerstein shows. I'll check the DVD's though.

No I.R.S.

Crowd, while it wasn't full, was a nice size, and very, very into the show. And they stayed very into it for most of the show. They sat down for the new songs, which happens at all the shows, but there was a very nice response from the crowd after both the blues and especially better.

This was the 9th GNR show i've attended, 8th of this lineup, and I must say the band is as good as it's ever been. Totally together, and while they aren't perfect every night out note for note (something which i think only us insane message board types even notice) their intensity is unmatched and fun to watch. The last two shows, MSG and Baltimore, were awesome. The talents of the guys in the new lineup is amazing, and FINALLY the crowd started getting some good Guns N' Roses chants going for Frank. The rest of the tour is in my opinion just gonna get better and better. And yeah, the part in "better" when axl is screaming "i never wanted you to be so full of anger" and the band is rocking out, is always the best part of the concert, how good that is live i cannot explain to you without you being there. No bootleg can even come close to reproducing it. It's just something you have to experience to understand.

They are the best band in the world right now, I don't care what anyone says. and if they keep playing shows like Baltimore and MSG, they are going to go down as one of the greatest bands ever.

Again. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 06:49:38 AM by gnr2006 » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2006, 06:40:54 AM »

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Live And Let Die
5. Knockin' On Heavens Door
6. Robin Finck Solo
7. Sweet Child O' Mine
8. You Could Be Mine
9. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
10. The Blues
11. Better
12. Band Introductions/Richard-Robin Solo [Beautiful]
13. Out Ta Get Me
14. Band Jam/November Rain
15. Down On The Farm!!!
16. Bumblefoot Solo [Don't Cry]
17. My Michelle [With Sebastian Bach]
18. Used To Love Her
19. Patience
20. Nightrain
----ENCORE-----
21. Chinese Democracy
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2006, 06:46:46 AM »

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Live And Let Die
5. Knockin' On Heavens Door
6. Robin Finck Solo
7. Sweet Child O' Mine
8. You Could Be Mine
9. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
10. The Blues
11. Better
12. Band Introductions/Richard-Robin Solo [Beautiful]
13. Out Ta Get Me
14. Band Jam/November Rain
15. Down On The Farm!!!
16. Bumblefoot Solo [Don't Cry]
17. My Michelle [With Sebastian Bach]
18. Used To Love Her
19. Patience
20. Nightrain
----ENCORE-----
21. Chinese Democracy

thanks... Why was PC left off??
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2006, 07:00:41 AM »

Paradise City???  Did Axl get pissed off or something? that's a kind of strange thing isn't it?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2006, 07:01:40 AM »

Relax, EFISH just forgot to update the first post. It had PC.

No, that would be Voodoo Child. Two different songs. Tongue

Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

Why no Paradise City?

I think it's cool how they closed with Chinese Democracy though  Cool

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2006, 07:48:45 AM »

PARADISE CITY WAS PLAYED!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2006, 10:13:19 AM »

...the part in "better" when axl is screaming "i never wanted you to be so full of anger" and the band is rocking out, is always the best part of the concert, how good that is live i cannot explain to you without you being there. No bootleg can even come close to reproducing it. It's just something you have to experience to understand.

They are the best band in the world right now, I don't care what anyone says. and if they keep playing shows like Baltimore and MSG, they are going to go down as one of the greatest bands ever.

Again. Smiley

I'm going to be completely honest here. It would be hard to get me more excited for my show at the Palace in a week and a half, but I think you just did! Great review!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2006, 10:19:29 AM »

hmm over @ 1:15....i'm gonna have to drive for toronto....i was hoping for taking the train but the last one leaves @ 1:30 am...too close for me Undecided

marino95
Rocker

« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2006, 10:25:16 AM »

OK - here's my comments on last night's show......

First of all, I didn't go in until about 10:15, just in time to see Sebastian Bach in his full 80's leather outfit belt out Youth Gone Wild. ?I was surprised when I walked in that the floor looked more crowded than I thought it would. ?The entire upper deck was empty and the bottom deck of seats were about 1/2 full at this point. ?Quite a small crowd considering this place is an indoor soccer/lacrosse arena.

Anyway, when Bach finished and everyone left the floor for the beer line, I made my way up to about 10-15 people away from the stage - just left of center. ?The road crew worked unusually quickly and got the entire set changed in only about 30 minutes. ?By 11:00, we were starting. ?

The first part of the set was the best for me this time - absolutely INCREDIBLE! ?The entire first segment (read: ?until the first momentum-halting solo) was just straight up ROCK with Axl obviously in better shape than before. ?His voice sounded stronger than Hammerstein (surprisingly) and he seemed to have more energy. ?He ran all over the place and never left the stage once for the first segment. ?This was the closest to the old energy that I've seen. ?To me, it's amazing what it adds to the show when he doesn't run backstage during the songs - it just seems more like a band - and it rocks a LOT harder when he's out there dancing around.

I thought Brownstone and LALD were surprising highlights early - normally I would have said it was time to retire these 2 songs - but they were both great. ?The sound overall was fabulous - not overly loud to where it sounded like distorted gobbledygook..... although as usual, Axl's vocals were mixed too low. ?I wonder if they do this to hide his voice a little bit.....hmmm...... Baz's vocals were turned WAYYYY up during Youth Gone Wild.

The solos do really really really slow down the momentum. ?I almost feel at times like they are 2 bands - one that just rocks with songs like Jungle, Easy, Down on the Farm, Better, Out Ta Get Me, Nighttrain, etc. and the other that is more of an Eagles/Elton/Billy Joel type experience with Patience, KOHD, Blues, NR, etc. ?Of course, if they were two bands they'd be my 2 favorites. ?But the two distinct styles mixed together makes for a disjointed show in my opinion. ?That's why I thought the first segment was so strong - it was just straight rock. ?Maybe without all the solos it wouldn't slow down so much. ?I just soooo want to see this band play an hour of straight-blistering rock like the first 30 minutes were. ?Shows like that just grab you and don't let up. ?(Frankly, this was how I felt at VR) ?It's not that I mind slow songs- ?those are some of my favorite GNR songs - but when you stop the "rock" for 15 minutes for a 5-minute piano solo and a drawn-out 10 minute ballad - it's going to bring the crowd's energy to a standstill. ?

Highlights for me..... Clearly, Down on the Farm was a highlight. ?I don't know if it was just because it was a "surprise" of sorts, but frankly it ROCKED. ?The band nailed it - the style of the song seemed to really fit guys like Fortus and Stinson. ?Other than the first 5-6 songs, this was my favorite moment. ?The "Beautiful" solo is really, really good as well. ?So is Dizzy's Ziggy Stardust solo. ?I could do without whatever the hell Robin was doing before SCOM - and Bumblefoot's solo Don't Cry. ?Used to Love Her was a little bit flat as well. ?Another highlight - as always - was Nighttrain. ?Of the old songs, I think the new band really does this one the best. ?Also, during KOHD - Axl's voice was off the charts amazing. ?He was pulling out all of his "vocal gymnastics" and did some AMAZING tricks during the song - which is what KOHD is all about isn't it?

The biggest disappointment for me was the crowd. ?While the floor did fill up to about 2/3 full - and the lower bowl of seats was about 2/3 full - that wasn't really the point. ?By the middle of the show I ended up about 5 people away from the stage, right in the center and was SHOCKED by the lack of energy in the crowd. ?In some ways this was good, because I was able to stand 10 feet from Axl and watch the show without anyone pushing me - but at the same time I found this to be a let down. ?Frankly, it was kind of like being at a U2 or Matchbox 20 concert in that respect - everyone just watching and singing..... very little craziness in the crowd. ?I guess we're all getting a little bit older, eh? ?I just remember Hammerstein had MUCH MUCH more energy - people were just out of their minds. ?I think this show had an enthusiastic, sing-along crowd who were enjoying just watching a good band perform at the top of their game.? And that's not all bad.

All in all, it was a great time - I will say that the band has come a long way since Hammerstein. ?They seem very comfortable with each other, Frank is AWESOME and a fun drummer to watch, and Axl's voice is ridiculously on point - probably the best I've ever heard it. ?If you go, you won't be disappointed!? I do agree - this might the best ROCK band out there today...... GO SEE THEM!

My GNR history..... (dates may be slightly off)
1991 - Capital Center w/ Skid Row - Washington DC
1991 - Hampton Coliseum w/ Skid Row - Hampton, VA.
1992 - Williams Bryce Stadium w/ Metallica & Faith No More - Columbia SC
1993 - Dean Smith Center - Chapel Hill NC
2002 - MCI Center - Washington DC CANCELLED
2006 - Hammerstein Ballroom - NYC - opening night
2006 - 1st Mariner Arena - Baltimore, MD
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 10:38:30 AM by marino95 » Logged

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)