Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "I may do some shows with Axl around Christmas" - Izzy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "I may do some shows with Axl around Christmas" - Izzy  (Read 16801 times)
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 01:04:18 PM »

That song at the end of the podcast seriously kicks ass

yep. it's a good old Rock n' Roll tune man. I think I will buy his new album "like a dog".
Good to hear he still talks to the old guys (Axl of course, but also Slash and Duff I guess) . I hope he is the glue who will reconciliate Axl and Slash/Duff for the Guns N' Roses reunion after the whole newGNR/VR erea.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 01:07:24 PM by nesquik » Logged
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 01:11:08 PM »

that would be cool if Izzy came up here to Edmonton and Calgary

If you dont like me, blow me!
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 01:13:09 PM »

yep. it's a good old Rock n' Roll tune man. I think I will buy his new album "like a dog".
Good to hear he still talks to the old guys (Axl of course, but also Slash and Duff I guess) . I hope he is the glue who will reconciliate Axl and Slash/Duff for the Guns N' Roses reunion after the whole newGNR/VR erea.

HE COMES OFF AS A PERSON WHO LOVES ROCK N ROLL...but at the same time he comes off as somebody who doesn't like big ass crowds , and the whirl wind of a big time rock n roll band.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 01:15:40 PM »

so fucking great  love izzy yes

is there are a reason why he says "with axl" instead of "with gn'r"
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2006, 01:17:13 PM »

so fucking great  love izzy yes

I think becuz Axl is his friend and he just refers to playing with him. although i heard he got around terrific with all the other members

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2006, 01:20:28 PM »

so fucking great? love izzy yes

I think you can figure out that reason for yourself.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2006, 01:24:11 PM »

Would be so Amazing to have Izzy back again. Pernamently, that is.
Finck should go back to Live-NIN where he belongs, giving room for Izzy in GNR. Thus, Aaron North could unite with what's left of Izzy's old solo band.
Possibly under name Aaron's Appetite. They could cover old Izzy tunes and Mr Brownstone. It would be a perfect switch, where everyone wins.? yes

Izzy's a sparse rhythm player, brah...so he wouldn't be replacing Robin who plays lead...Richard perhaps...doubt it would happen anyway though.

Nice thought at least.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2006, 01:28:09 PM »

HE COMES OFF AS A PERSON WHO LOVES ROCK N ROLL...but at the same time he comes off as somebody who doesn't like big ass crowds , and the whirl wind of a big time rock n roll band.

It's interesting because I've always had that impression of him as well, and that was always the notion put forward by everyone else in GNR, but in that podcast he clearly says that he's more comfortable the larger the crowd is.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2006, 01:29:20 PM »

I think becuz Axl is his friend and he just refers to playing with him. although i heard he got around terrific with all the other members

It was cool that he was hanging out with the new guys and getting along with them so well.  They probably look up to Izzy and I'm sure were honored to have him around.  All the stories I have heard from people here about Izzy backstage with these guys have been totally positive.  I'm sure it's a boost of confidence for some of the current members when Izzy is playing with them because in a way, he's supporting what Axl is doing.  If he was against it, he wouldn't be there.  So I'm sure that makes the new guys feel great because Izzy was such a huge part of the band before them. 

So Izzy will probably be doing some West Coast shows with GN'R and you lucky fuckers over there on the West Coast are just that, LUCKY FUCKERS!!!

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2006, 01:33:56 PM »

Thats cool hes gonna play some shows in the states....I was really hoping he wouldve played some already so there was a good chance of him playing in Toronto but oh well

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 01:34:11 PM »

Finck should go back to Live-NIN where he belongs, giving room for Izzy in GNR. Thus, Aaron North could unite with what's left of Izzy's old solo band.
Possibly under name Aaron's Appetite. They could cover old Izzy tunes and Mr Brownstone. It would be a perfect switch, where everyone wins.  yes

Izzy's a sparse rhythm player, brah...so he wouldn't be replacing Robin who plays lead...Richard perhaps...doubt it would happen anyway though.

Nice thought at least.

Brah??  I feel like I'm watching Dog the Bounty Hunter.  Anyway, Izzy won't come back so stop saying that shit now.  Robin isn't going anywhere and either is Richard.  I don't think Izzy could fill Richards shoes either btw.  Richard is so fucking underrated as a guitar player and doesn't get the respect he deserves.  The band is fine the way it is right now and most of the forum would agree with me.

EDIT:  And don't change this into an Izzy coming back to GN'R thread, PLEASE!!!  You don't even have to respond to what I said. 

It will be a nice Christmas present for those that get to see Izzy in person.  I am jealous... very jealous.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 01:36:28 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2006, 03:09:41 PM »

Richard is so fucking underrated as a guitar player and doesn't get the respect he deserves.

I still can't figure out why Fortus doesn't get half the praise and adulation Robin does. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Robin was in NIN, and vastly more popular amongst the general public. Because Fortus smokes Robin and Thal when you look at techinique and feel. He's a total package on guitar.

In a dream world Izzy would stick around and Fortus would take over for Slash.
bad obsession 4GNR
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2006, 03:12:50 PM »

Awsome im going to the L.A shows and those and those show are almost right next to christmas.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 03:22:50 PM »

Possibly under name Aaron's Appetite. They could cover old Izzy tunes and Mr Brownstone. It would be a perfect switch, where everyone wins.  yes

Nice thought at least.

Brah??  I feel like I'm watching Dog the Bounty Hunter.  Anyway, Izzy won't come back so stop saying that shit now.  Robin isn't going anywhere and either is Richard.  I don't think Izzy could fill Richards shoes either btw.  Richard is so fucking underrated as a guitar player and doesn't get the respect he deserves.  The band is fine the way it is right now and most of the forum would agree with me.

EDIT:  And don't change this into an Izzy coming back to GN'R thread, PLEASE!!!  You don't even have to respond to what I said. 

It will be a nice Christmas present for those that get to see Izzy in person.  I am jealous... very jealous.

It was a  uhhh.. thoughtplay i thought sounded like fun to post and thus, minor details like logic or wether or not Izzy could play something other than rythm don't matter. yes

On a more serious note, why are you so sure Izzy couldn't fill/share boots of a lead guitarist by the way?
When it comes to Izzy filling Richard's shoes..I would love to believe huge majority of people are pretty goddamned sure Izzy fills his boots just fine. Simply because who he is. Izzy Stradlin. How unlikely you think it is that Axl Rose didn't feel that way too, somewhere in the back of his mind? They grew up together, moved to L.A together(more or less)tried drugs together, dreamed of fame together, got big together....
I mean..If life is actually a Hollywood movie with a cheesy and happy ending, Izzy is surely getting back about 15 mins before ending credits pop up ay?Cheesy

I don't believe it's going to happen, ever.
But hay, one can hope.It's great seeing them sharing a stage occasionally, atleast.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 03:32:26 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 03:26:28 PM »

It's nice to see Izzy playing with GNR.  He is way more missed in that band than any other former bandmate.  Izzy is what rock n' roll is about.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2006, 03:27:50 PM »

So Izzy will probably be doing some West Coast shows with GN'R and you lucky fuckers over there on the West Coast are just that, LUCKY FUCKERS!!!

I'm a lucky fucker.  smoking
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »

For those who're interested in Like A Dog, here's the iTunes link Tongue

http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/music.html

Type Izzy's name in the search box on the left a little down the page, you'll see the image of the album. Or one can order the cd at www.scootersteez.com and for 20 USD it's delivered on your doorstep Cool

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2006, 04:30:41 PM »

In the second episode of TuneCore's podcast with Jeff Price, he's done a phone interview with former Guns N' Roses rythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin. In the half hour long interview they talk about making the albums, the rise to fame, leaving GN'R and what happens next. When asked if he'll be out touring anytime soon, Izzy says:
"I may do some shows with Axl out here on the west coast around Christmas"

Listen here: http://tunecore.typepad.com/tunecorner/200...ore_an_int.html

I'm thinking the LA shows? beer

Didn't see this topic on here yet.

FUCK YEAH! The Izz-man Cometh!  drool

The prodigal founder returns!  ok peace

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2006, 04:30:47 PM »

Nice news!

And GNR's only option is five guitarists. Finck, Fortus, Izzy, Bumblefoot and Slash... and maybe Axl doing some rhytm. Yep. ?hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »

Nice news!

And GNR's only option is five guitarists. Finck, Fortus, Izzy, Bumblefoot and Slash... and maybe Axl doing some rhytm. Yep. ?hihi

Slash?  Huh

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: