Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:54:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Supernova released before CD(probably)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova released before CD(probably)  (Read 8932 times)
GNFNRAXL
« on: November 14, 2006, 02:16:44 PM »

I remember awhile back Jason Newsted said that Supernova's album would come out before CD and I remember everyone bashed him for saying this and other things.  Well unfortunately it looks like he was right.  Supernova's album will be released next week and unless some rumours are true.  CD will not be released this week.  Now I am not planning on buying Supernova's album, nor do I like them.  But it is pathetic that a band that was formed last summer were able to record an album and put it out before GNR.  Am not proud to say it but Newssted looks to be right on that one thing.
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 02:17:29 PM »

Quality, not speed, will stand the test of time, young padawan.  ok

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 02:20:17 PM »

i wonder what of those 2 records (supernovas and CD) we'll still be talking about in 20 years....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 02:21:26 PM »

Some bands have release up to 10 albums during the production of CD. So what?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 02:23:40 PM »

Sorry for the off-topic, but judging from the samples, that CD seem beyond disposable!

Back On Topic:

Jason gets to have his day in the sun, while his album plummets from the charts in a matter of weeks
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »

i wonder what of those 2 records (supernovas and CD) we'll still be talking about in 20 years....

I dunno, my friend... some folks are still talking about that one group... Hmmm.... You know... David Coverdale and Jimmy Page? Hmmm... LOL. But obviously not in a good way. And then there is VR... "Supergroups' do have a following and are anticipated by some.

I really thought it was great that Supernova got threatened with a lawsuit if they didn't change their name. Hahaha. And remember: December 23rd is the final day of fall. There may still be hope for Axl and Co... Another month.

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 02:55:15 PM »

I dunno, my friend... some folks are still talking about that one group... Hmmm.... You know... David Coverdale and Jimmy Page? Hmmm... LOL. But obviously not in a good way. And then there is VR... "Supergroups' do have a following and are anticipated by some.

I really thought it was great that Supernova got threatened with a lawsuit if they didn't change their name. Hahaha. And remember: December 23rd is the final day of fall. There may still be hope for Axl and Co... Another month.

Off topic but I don't care that's for someone else to weep over - I saw the 'original' Supernova at a club in Anaheim on Saturday night. Dreadful, horrible stuff. I left 3 songs in, they asked 'Hey! Where are you going??' and I replied 'You've been asking that question at every gig you've done for the last 15 years'. They wore stupid foil costumes and looked like MTV Video Award Moonmen...and had masks on with dumb lights sticking out...did little to mask their terrible music.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 02:58:13 PM »

Supernova?  Who cares?  I watched that Rock Star programme once and it totally blew.  Just a total crock of you know what.  Gilby - get the $ and get out of there before your reputation is lost forever.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »

Supernova?? Who cares?? I watched that Rock Star programme once and it totally blew.? Just a total crock of you know what.? Gilby - get the $ and get out of there before your reputation is lost forever.

Gilby produced the mighty BRONX albums, so he gets respect from me for eternity.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 03:17:45 PM »

Supernova are a joke, they have some producer writing their material and he had most of it wrote before the show even ended.

supernova are a novelty side act for tommy and jason.

so who cares if it comes out before CD?  it wont sell 80,000 copies first week out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 03:22:10 PM »

The first single is decent tho. The other songs are not that great but they have atleast one good song

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 03:50:41 PM »

I remember awhile back Jason Newsted said that Supernova's album would come out before CD and I remember everyone bashed him for saying this and other things.? Well unfortunately it looks like he was right.? Supernova's album will be released next week and unless some rumours are true.? CD will not be released this week.? Now I am not planning on buying Supernova's album, nor do I like them.? But it is pathetic that a band that was formed last summer were able to record an album and put it out before GNR.? Am not proud to say it but Newssted looks to be right on that one thing.

I've never really given a shit what Jason Newstead thinks. Turns out Metallica never really did either.  hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 03:54:38 PM »

I remember awhile back Jason Newsted said that Supernova's album would come out before CD and I remember everyone bashed him for saying this and other things.? Well unfortunately it looks like he was right.? Supernova's album will be released next week and unless some rumours are true.? CD will not be released this week.? Now I am not planning on buying Supernova's album, nor do I like them.? But it is pathetic that a band that was formed last summer were able to record an album and put it out before GNR.? Am not proud to say it but Newssted looks to be right on that one thing.
they were forced to make there album that quick. the release date was set before the show even started
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 04:37:36 PM »

I can't believe that this is even a topic for discussion. Who cares if their album comes out first? I wish Gilby Clarke good luck, but beyond that, what difference does it make?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 05:23:37 PM »

Lukas Rossi is actually an amazingly gifted singer.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 05:25:19 PM »

I do too. Because I don't think the answer is that obvious.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 06:13:44 PM »

Who cares. Supernova is gonna suck, and suck hard.

Next...  Roll Eyes

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 07:00:44 PM »

so who cares if it comes out before CD?? it wont sell 80,000 copies first week out.

This time of year everyones gearing towards X-Mas. I feel the album will do at least 100,000 in sales. Because they have the TV audiance that tuned in and Rossi has enough of a following with the kids to get sales.

Plus I like Gilby and Tommy. Those 2 seem like cool dudes and I wish em luck with this.
wink
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 01:41:42 PM »

here's what the album will sound like

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Music/Artists/Articles/rockstarsupernova
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 08:59:05 PM »

I do too. Because I don't think the answer is that obvious.

True, bro. He's assuming CD actually sees the light of day.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: