Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:10:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 116207 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #540 on: August 30, 2009, 09:27:37 PM »

ehh this break up wont last... They will both make solo albums, get that nonsense off of their chest and then get back together and pack arenas. 
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #541 on: August 31, 2009, 09:16:10 AM »

ehh this break up wont last... They will both make solo albums, get that nonsense off of their chest and then get back together and pack arenas. 

Hopefully that happens. Before Noel left I read somehwere he was planning on doing a solo album.

I haven't been listening to Oasis - well, further than the 'hits' - as long as the likes of GNR and AC/DC, but they've definitely become one of my favourite bands.

Also....:

The vicious fight between Oasis brothers Noel and Liam Gallagher that ripped the band apart on Friday was sparked by an argument over the frontman's drinking, according to reports.

Guitarist Noel sensationally quit the band after a ferocious bust-up with singer Liam just minutes before they were due onstage at a music festival in France.

The star subsequently came out and blamed his brother for his decision to leave, insisting life in the band had become "intolerable."

Noel also mentioned the band's axed headline slot at the V Festival in Chelmsford, England last Sunday, hinting the cancellation was not down to Liam's throat virus, as had been previously claimed.

He wrote, "I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it."

Now new reports claim Liam's boozing became an issue between brothers throughout their US tour this year and sparked the final fight in France after the frontman allegedly turned up to the gig drunk.

A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "Liam has been drinking heavily for the duration of the tour and regularly got very abusive and personal. He has taunted Noel's girlfriend Sara, other band members, and the crew. People have been frightened to go near him. He is one very angry man who needs to sort his issues out."

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/31082009/364/oasis-bust-blamed-booze.html&e=l_news_dm

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #542 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:33 AM »

I imagine that Noel at 42 years old has gotten a little worn out on this shit from his brother. Maybe they just need a long breather and I hope they'll be back.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #543 on: August 31, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »

Noel Gallagher explains why he quit Oasis

Cites "lack of support" from management, bandmates

Writing on his blog Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere, Gallagher says the details for his split from the group are "not important and of too great a number to list," but he does cite what he calls a "lack of support and understanding" from his management and fellow band members.

Here's is Gallagher's statement, which was posted today, 29 August:

"Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you this morning," the guitarist began. "As of last Friday, August 28, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock 'n' roll pop group Oasis.

"The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

"I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

"While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

"In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Concluding his post, Gallagher wrote, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a family and a football team to indulge. I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure. Thanks very much. Goodbye. Noel Gallagher."

He says goodbye, but something tells us we haven't seen the last of Noel. That long-promised solo album is bound to be a reality before long.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/noel-gallagher-explains-why-he-quit-oasis-218252

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #544 on: September 04, 2009, 12:31:38 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6IyGAvbOs4

that clips is fucking hilarious, everybody should watch it
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #545 on: September 05, 2009, 07:37:02 PM »

Downloaded the song Listen Up from The Masterplan the other day. What a song! Listened to it quite a few times and it's one of Liam's best vocal performances IMO, along with Slide Away. Definitely recommend it.

And that video above is awesome. hihi

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #546 on: November 16, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/11/16/liam-gallagher-starts-new-band-with-oasis-minus-brother-noel/

Looks like Liam is carrying on with the rest of the boys, except Noel of course.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #547 on: November 17, 2009, 01:25:29 AM »

I've been listening to a lot of Oasis lately for some reason...  I've now got every album loaded onto my Ipod.  Some of the B-Sides I've discovered along the way are amazing too:  Half The World Away, Talk Tonight, Shout It Out Loud, The Masterplan, Cum On Feel The Noize, Heroes... awesome.  Anyone have more recommendations outside of the studio albums?

Can't imagine Liam's "new" band will be anything that special without Noel...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #548 on: November 17, 2009, 08:16:58 AM »

As crazy as it sounds, maybe its because i heard it first. But i prefer Oasis's version of Heroes to Bowies.

Not often i prefer covers either. Oasis were great in the 1990s, its a shame the quality in their output has declined significantly since 2000 with their last, in my opinion, good album "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants"

html sucks
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #549 on: November 17, 2009, 10:16:15 AM »

I've been listening to a lot of Oasis lately for some reason...  I've now got every album loaded onto my Ipod.  Some of the B-Sides I've discovered along the way are amazing too:  Half The World Away, Talk Tonight, Shout It Out Loud, The Masterplan, Cum On Feel The Noize, Heroes... awesome.  Anyone have more recommendations outside of the studio albums?

Do you have The Masterplan? It's got all the great b-sides including Rockin Chair and Fade Away. Also check out Whatever which isn't on any album.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #550 on: November 17, 2009, 10:17:57 AM »

Do you have The Masterplan? It's got all the great b-sides including Rockin Chair and Fade Away. Also check out Whatever which isn't on any album.
Whatever was a single, so he should be able to find that Smiley

For anyone that doesnt know, it was  when Oasis did a great song with an orchestra

html sucks
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #551 on: November 17, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »

Whatever was a single, so he should be able to find that Smiley

For anyone that doesnt know, it was  when Oasis did a great song with an orchestra

There's an acoustic version floating around somewhere that's pretty cool too.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #552 on: November 17, 2009, 04:19:39 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gWMjHnBj-A
Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtArD8wcPC8

One of many acoustic versions
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #553 on: November 18, 2009, 06:34:53 PM »

Listen Up, from the b-sides album The Masterplan is very good IMO and today I downloaded the song I Will Believe from the Supersonic single, which is a good early Oasis song too. Another personal favourite of mine is Noel's solo version of Half The World Away from the album The Dreams We Have As Children. Cool

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #554 on: November 18, 2009, 08:31:11 PM »

Thanks for the recommendations.. I'm going to check out all of the Masterplan.  I think Noel's voice is much better suited for the acoustic / unplugged performances of all the songs.  I just found an acoustic version of Slide Away on You Tube after listening to "Whatever" posted above and it's amazing!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #555 on: November 19, 2009, 07:24:59 AM »

^ Well then you need Oasis on MTV unplugged.

The one where Liam has a paddy and cant be bothered to perform. So Noel performs the whole set, whilst takin the pis out of his brother who is watching from the balconies above. Its classic.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #556 on: May 26, 2010, 06:25:40 AM »

Apparently Liam and co's new band will be called Beady Eye. Personnally, I prefer the name Oasis out of the two. Tongue Whaever they're called though, should be interesting to see what they come up with without Noel.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #557 on: May 26, 2010, 06:30:07 AM »

Yknow its funny you revived this thread as i had Definately Maybe on yesterday, first time in ages. What a classic album.

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #558 on: May 26, 2010, 08:02:45 AM »

Yknow its funny you revived this thread as i had Definately Maybe on yesterday, first time in ages. What a classic album.

It's probably overtaken Morning Glory as my fav Oasis album. Great album to listen to when dirving I've found. smoking

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #559 on: May 26, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »

definately the bands most rockin album.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: