Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:24:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  11/25 Auburn Hills, MI [Discussion]
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 11/25 Auburn Hills, MI [Discussion]  (Read 14148 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 09:59:56 PM »

I wonder if Axl will have Kid Rock join him on stage since its in Detroit?

What if Eminem came out and guessed on a song

That would be AWESOME!

That would certainly draw some extra attention to the tour   Shocked
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 10:20:46 PM »

where are the updates?

http://www.gnr2k.com/board/chat/flashchat.php ok
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 12:46:32 AM »

OTGM.

Axl has been loud, clear and incredible all night

He had Frank beat some sense into the soundman hihi

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 01:58:55 AM »

I'm sure it was a great show, but probably the most unspectacular setlist so far. I'd love to see 'em make You're Crazy and Used To Love Her permanent fixtures.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 02:00:35 AM »

I'm sure it was a great show, but probably the most unspectacular setlist so far. I'd love to see 'em make You're Crazy and Used To Love Her permanent fixtures.

I would have gladly traded Used to Love Her for Madagascar at MSG.

Jeez, no movement at all with this band.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2006, 02:02:16 AM »

seems like axl finally fired the sound guy after yesterday`s show hihi

madagascar is one of their best songs by the way ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 02:36:59 AM »

You are crazy, the set list was great. They played the hits and 5 of the new songs. I would have taken CD over Down on the farm in worceter in a  heartbeat.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2006, 03:01:47 AM »

just got back....this show was AMAZING!!!  just enough time in between sets to take a piss, get a beer and relax for a few minutes.  suicide girls were pretty interesting, baz really got the crowd going and by that point i just new this was going to be a good show for axl.  When they came on around 11:35pm axl was in a great mood.  he sounded great (voice was as good as the best bootlegs of 06) throughout the entire night (very talkative) except for not being able to hear him for the beginning of his last verse in Maddy.  His performance was phenomenol.....only screwups i noticed were starting to sing the wrong verse in KOHD and i saw him screw up a key during the piano jam (minor i know!).  All the new songs were placed well in the set and it was nice to get treated to a three song encore.  the only bad points i had about the show was richard and robin didnt do the beautiful solo and security threatened to kick me out for using my camera to tape the outro of november rain (bastards!!!).

Does anyone know who axl was pissed about at the end of PC!?!?!?   He called someone a pussy and stuff and told the rest of us to have a good night.

Only other stuff he told us that i can remember is that this is morning for him and the concert is part of his morning workout that he can enjoy with us.  Then something else about captain kangaroo, and telling baz that he can be Mr. Rodgers.  He also said one of his guitar techs was from detroit and he used to say "BLANK" to him and how axl always wanted to make that comment to detroit which he did.

Overall, it was a completely different show than 2002 and MUCH MUCH MUCH better!!!  Detroit finally got to see NT and PC which didnt happen last time they were here.  whooo......well im going to bed....its 3am and i am exhausted from this fabulous night.....GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!!!!!   WHAT A GREAT CONCERT!!!
MWarfront
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 03:09:46 AM »

Just got back from the show and yes, there were two rants. The first was a few songs into the show when someone threw a handful of coins at Axl and he said "It's like shooting fish in a barrel" and continued on. Then after "Paradise City", someone threw something else at him to which he responded "This little cunt has something to prove. Well, I hope he gets his fucking ass beat in the parking lot". Overall it was an awesome show..Ron is just ridiculous to see in person..his guitar playing just blows me away!
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 03:14:36 AM »

oh yea it seemed like rons new dreads were getting in the way a couple times during the night.  i noticed him pulling them back during his solo, then during nightrain he stopped and threw them back.  im kinda mixed on the new dreads and trench coat.  i liked his old look better as this makes him look pretty gothic.  Either way though ron rocks and everyone i talked too tonight thought this guy kicks the shit out of buckethead.  go ron!!!! yes
MWarfront
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2006, 03:22:25 AM »

Yeah, I agree totally on the Ron comment. As a guitarist of 9 years myself, I was and am never really that impressed with Robin. He's good, there is no denying that but it seems as though he assumes the lead guitarist position - to me I think Ron is totally phenominal and should really be recognized as the lead guitarist.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2006, 03:27:21 AM »

It's really nice to see all this appreciation for Ron.  I always thought he stole the shows I saw when it came to the guitar playing.  Glad you guys had a good time and a good sound mix for once!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2006, 03:50:25 AM »

i came to a realization tonight.

The setlist are great because even though it seems like the same setlist, to the new people in the new cities its a brand new show

So we in internet land need to realize that Axl cant shake up the set list just to please those who arent even at the concert.

Yeah to us the set list is redundant but to the people hearing the show its anything but.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2006, 04:17:35 AM »

i came to a realization tonight.

The setlist are great because even though it seems like the same setlist, to the new people in the new cities its a brand new show

So we in internet land need to realize that Axl cant shake up the set list just to please those who arent even at the concert.

Yeah to us the set list is redundant but to the people hearing the show its anything but.

well, better late than never.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 11:37:17 AM by pollyblue » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2006, 04:45:01 AM »

ron played mean street, i bet that was treat to hear

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2006, 09:19:10 AM »

I was completely worn out when I got home so sorry for the late review, but as with GNR... better late than never so here goes:

We arrived at The Post around 6 PM and I met up with 2005 Intentions (nice guy!). We kinda sat there being annoyed beyond belief by the WRIF girl running the DJ booth. She felt the need to continue calling everyone "bitches" and "fuckers" because no one was singing along to the guitar solos. Anyways, 2005 took off for the show before us and my group stayed to get some food. We finally made our way over to The Palace around 8:30. I didn't bother going to our seats for the local band or SG, no interest in either.

I spent the next little while in line for merch. They were selling stuff hand over fist. It seemed that everyone at the show had purchased at least one if not several shirts. I got the new hockey jersey and the long sleeve gray and black shirt, kick ass. About 9:30 or so we went down to the seats to check out Bach. Since these aren't Bach boards or threads I'll just give a quick review. A) His voice is flat out amazing. Anyone that tells you otherwise is flat out insane and/or wrong B) His band is fantastic. Not only could they school anyone from Skids, they totally put on a good show and look very into it.

When Baz finished we went back upstairs for some drinks. I met up with some friends who were telling me they didn't think Axl could outdo Baz, so I told them to just wait and see. Around 11 we went back down to the seats just in case GNR came out early. Around 11:25 the lights went down and the into music hit. The crowd was really, really into it and the first three songs went off without a hitch. When I was sending updates I originally said the crowd sucked. After a short while I realized that it was only a group of assholes at the end of our row that weren't into it. They booed everything everyone in the band did including Axl. It was strange. Axl would come over to the side of the catwalk in front of us and they'd scream, yell and cheer. Then when he turned his back they'd flip him off and boo. Very odd.

As for the band they are just flat out incredible. Ron and Robin were absolutely on  fire for the entire show. Tommy played well and moved around alot but didn't seem as into it as usual. Same guy for Richard I think. Dizzy and Chris were, well Dizzy and Chris. Frank was off the charts good. That guy really, really plays the hell out of these songs. For those old school GNR fans, I believe you'll like his playing much better then Brains. I'm not saying it's better, it's just good in a different way.

Highlights of the night for me were Axl being very talkative, Madagascar and ofcourse getting a complete show! The comment Axl made about how the late starts were due to the fact that "this is my morning... so Good Morning!" were very funny. He said that "this is my morning and I'm your Captain Kangaroo". When Bach came out for My Michelle Axl introduced him by saying "By the way, if I'm Captain Kangaroo, then this motherfucker is Mr. Greenjeans!". Very funny. Speaking of My Michelle, it's nice to see that Baz and Axl are finally switching off lines better. It sounds so much better when they aren't trying to sing over each other.

Alot of people poured out after Nightrain even though they returned with CD really quickly. Speaking of which, Axl picked up some panties that were thrown on stage at the end of the 1st chorus in CD. He was spinning them around over his head and threw them to the back of the stage so he ended up completely fucking up the second verse to CD because he sang the last line to the chorus again then missed his next line. The band kept things on track and Axl got back in the game for the last line of that verse. There were actually alot of lyrical fuck ups during the night, but I'll take that any day seeing how into the show Axl was. A few missed lyrics are a small price to pay for the emotion and power he puts into a show.

The sound was awesome as I send in the updates. Axl was crystal clear and mixed well all night except for part of IRS and the last verse of Madagascar. Both level issues were fixed very quickly though. The new songs went over extremely well except for IRS. You could almost hear a pin drop when the song was over. Very strange, they played it really well too. As far as attendance, I didn't get anything official but if I had to guess I'd say they drew about 12,000. The back of the upper deck was closed off but the rest of that level and the lower bowl were pretty packed. Attendance doesn't matter to me in any way, shape or form I just thought I'd mention it for any one else who might wonder.

Overall the night was a huge success. Besides the people at the end of our row everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and we very into the band. I hate to say I can't wait for them to come back but I have to. This band is incredible and they deserve to be seen by EVERYONE. OK.... I'm going back to bed now!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2006, 09:36:07 AM »

Any pictures of Ron? I'd like to see this new style.

Restraint is for suckers.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »

They played 5 new songs, thats pretty good, thats about the 3rd or 4th time on this tour they've down that.  They only played 4 at MSG and 3 at Baltimore.

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2006, 11:25:56 AM »

great reviews

little comparation

auburn hills 2002: atendance 5000

auburn hills 2006: attendance 11000

I have never seen so many tree
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2006, 11:31:44 AM »

How much does the arena hold out of curiosity?

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: