Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:20:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Age limit
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age limit  (Read 7513 times)
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 08:17:46 PM »

Ok now can someone tell me how much tickets are? I don't want to be where? people are fighting each other? rofl

www.ticketmaster.com

Axl is God.
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 08:19:43 PM »

Ok also what would be the closest show to see? I live in Quincy , Illinois and want to see a show somewhat close. Im thinking the Iowa show

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 08:22:37 PM »

Find a friend with "cool" parents, tell your mom you're going to spend the night, then have your friend's parents drop you off.

Well actually my mom is really cool about this sorta of stuff but I don't think she trusts me enough to drop me off all by myself. Also don't you have to have an adult accompany you and how big are audiences at a show?

You don't need an adult, and the Suicide Girls don't get naked, they tape over their nipples. And they're only onstage for about 30 minutes. They're actually kinda fun but if you want, just go late and miss them - it's not like GNR goes on before 11:30. If the doors open at 7 and show starts at 8, if you show up around 11 you'll be fine (unless you want to see the other opening bands). Keep in mind the show won't end till 2am so make sure your mom knows that.

Tix - for the pit about 75$ + tax and service charges, cheap seats maybe around 35$? And audiences will vary city to city, shows like New York, Toronto, Chicago, Calgary are 18,000 - 20,000, other shows could be 5000-9000.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 08:24:09 PM »

Ok also what would be the closest show to see? I live in Quincy , Illinois and want to see a show somewhat close. Im thinking the Iowa show

If you had of left an hour ago you still probably could have made tonight's show  peace
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 08:26:26 PM »

What is the pit? I'm assuming its the area where all the rage happens and the cheap seats are where exactly and do you get to sit or what?

emanc93
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 08:33:23 PM »

Anyone?

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 08:58:52 PM »

It doesn't get too crazy in the pit at GN'R shows.

Cheap seats? HA!

You can pay the same amount for a good SEAT.  But it doesn't matter as long as you get to go.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 09:00:52 PM »

The pit is the floor. In my opinion, it's the best spot to be in if you can get up close.

The seats are... everywhere else. ?

kyrie
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2006, 09:06:04 PM »

What is the pit? I'm assuming its the area where all the rage happens and the cheap seats are where exactly and do you get to sit or what?

Pit would be the standing area (short for mosh pit) but no one really moshs much at a GNR show. Yes you can sit in the cheap seats. Or in any seat. Although I hate sitting at shows, and hate seats period. It's far more fun to be in the crowd. but your mom probably won't think so.

When you buy tickets just check a map of the venue.
Edward Rose
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2006, 09:42:15 PM »

Pasties are stickers that cover the nipple, but the rest of the breast can show. My guess is that laws are different in different States.

The shows are all ages.
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 10:21:21 PM »

Oh my god I would have done anything to go to a GNR show when I was a kid. I begged to go to a show on the UYI tour in '91. I was 11 at the time and there was no way in hell my parents would have let me go then. I saw some kids at MSG and couldn't help but think how lucky those little bastards were. But I don't think that kids have any place in the pit. I went to one of the shows in vegas in 01 and Hammerstein last May and there is no way a kid should be mixing it up with all the crazys that hang out on the floor.

There's a lot goin on here.....
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 11:08:38 PM »

My husband and I took our then 14 and 15 year old girls to Portuagal from U.S. this year to see GNR at RIR.  They are totally fortunate, they know!  Mom and dad never had the opportunity for such an extravigance in our childhoods.  They are now 15 and 16 and love GNR and I believe them to be somewhat responsible for getting other friends aware of them, and there friends parents re-aquainted with them!!  They will also be attending the Everett show with us as well.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 12:29:39 AM »

Ok now can someone tell me how much tickets are? I don't want to be where  people are fighting each other  rofl

Be honest with Mom, and tell her they may open the show (Suicide Girls). Tell her at the time they come on the stage, you would prefer to look at merchandise or get something to eat and drink, while waiting for them to get off stage.

Luckily, they weren't opening when I took my kids to Worcester. However, that is how I would have handled it, had they been one of the opening acts, instead of missing out on a great concert. My kids and hubby loved seeing Papa Roach- I have to admit, I didn't know any of their songs and went for a snack and drink myself, while they were on stage.  rofl

I hope you can go- the show is awesome, and it's a memory you'll always treasure going with your Mom. I still can't believe my kids begged us to go with hubby and I, but they did, and they still haven't stopped talking about the concert.  Smiley

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2006, 12:34:01 AM »

But I don't think that kids have any place in the pit. I went to one of the shows in vegas in 01 and Hammerstein last May and there is no way a kid should be mixing it up with all the crazys that hang out on the floor.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. We got great seats- we could see everything perfectly and we didn't have to worry about the craziness on the floor. Too many adults drinking, swearing, pushing and shoving- not a good environment for kids- althought, I must say, the crowd on the floor in Worcester were great. Only one guy that we know of got thrown out, and the rest of the night was uneventful in terms of trouble.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Edward Rose
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 12:44:06 AM »

My husband and I took our then 14 and 15 year old girls to Portuagal from U.S. this year to see GNR at RIR.  They are totally fortunate, they know!  Mom and dad never had the opportunity for such an extravigance in our childhoods.  They are now 15 and 16 and love GNR and I believe them to be somewhat responsible for getting other friends aware of them, and there friends parents re-aquainted with them!!  They will also be attending the Everett show with us as well.

That's so cool. When I was at some of the U.K. shows I talked allot with fans. (It's easy when you have an American accent) Anyways, when I saw a father and son or mother and daughter wearing Guns shirts, it was just the coolest fucking thing ever. It gave me goose bumps n' shit.

Then I thought about how Axl would probably like to meet more of these people... but it's hard, you know? Most of the people backstage and at after parties don't usually match that description. Maybe Del should go and scout out some father/son and mother/daughter groups to meet Axl. That would be cool.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 02:17:18 AM »

Gee, I wonder why bands don't want families backstage and at after parties....  Roll Eyes
Edward Rose
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 02:45:31 AM »

Gee, I wonder why bands don't want families backstage and at after parties....  Roll Eyes

Guns backstage VIP at the venue is classy. And the after parties are no worse than the average bar, but without fights and without people who are too drunk. (they would get thrown out if they go too far)
diggy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 06:13:48 AM »

My dad took me to my first Guns gig at Wembley in '91 - I was 10!!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 09:53:55 AM »

My husband and I took our then 14 and 15 year old girls to Portuagal from U.S. this year to see GNR at RIR.? They are totally fortunate, they know!? Mom and dad never had the opportunity for such an extravigance in our childhoods.? They are now 15 and 16 and love GNR and I believe them to be somewhat responsible for getting other friends aware of them, and there friends parents re-aquainted with them!!? They will also be attending the Everett show with us as well.

That's so cool. When I was at some of the U.K. shows I talked allot with fans. (It's easy when you have an American accent) Anyways, when I saw a father and son or mother and daughter wearing Guns shirts, it was just the coolest fucking thing ever. It gave me goose bumps n' shit.

Then I thought about how Axl would probably like to meet more of these people... but it's hard, you know? Most of the people backstage and at after parties don't usually match that description. Maybe Del should go and scout out some father/son and mother/daughter groups to meet Axl. That would be cool.
I agree it would be cool, the ultimate I must say, but just being there experiencing them play is so fullfilling in itself, it is kinda wierd though, in my earlier days seeing GNR, I certainly never thought I would be standing at a GNR concert with my two kids, let alone in Lisbon, Portugal, but you know they must be raised properly and I wouldn't be doing that if I didn't raise them with GNR and some of the other great rock n rollers of our day. Unfortunately for them most of the music of their generation, well, it's just not so good.  Where did all the talent go?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 12:31:39 PM »

It would be really uncomfortable to see women in skimpy clothes with my mom sitting next to me.

yeah not the greatest place getting a boner on
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: