Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  December 7 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 7 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place  (Read 49631 times)
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2006, 05:25:13 PM »

my friend told me he heard on The Bear Rocks that they would be showing up and bubbles would be performing a song.  anyone else hear this?
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 06:06:14 PM »

Face value, section 104, row 22, seat 23.  selling for face value (90$) , PM me.

willing to sell at a discount price, PM if interested, good seats!
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2006, 03:03:31 PM »

we need to organize a meetup.  someone who lives in edmonton and is familiar with the area should just set a time and location, otherwise nothing will happen no

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2006, 11:54:01 PM »

we need to organize a meetup. someone who lives in edmonton and is familiar with the area should just set a time and location, otherwise nothing will happen no

Forum Inn hotel.  Right across from Rexal.  Pub style bar in hotel.

Lets meet there at 5pm....

If you dont like me, blow me!
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »

we need to organize a meetup. someone who lives in edmonton and is familiar with the area should just set a time and location, otherwise nothing will happen no

Forum Inn hotel.? Right across from Rexal.? Pub style bar in hotel.

Sounds great. I'll be there around 4:30, depending on traffic.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
RobinsFinck
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2006, 12:02:26 AM »

I've got 4 tixs and can only use 2, need to get rid of 2 Sec 108 row 17 5-6, $50 each will deliver
RobinsFinck
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2006, 12:27:51 PM »

Mine are Gone
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2006, 12:36:37 PM »

Forum Inn hotel.  Right across from Rexal.  Pub style bar in hotel.

sounds good, see you guys there ok

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2006, 05:22:06 PM »

Have a great time at the show if you are still around to read this thread! Lucky dogs getting so many shows!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2006, 05:54:14 PM »

A hoy hoy gang,

I'm leaving now to head down to the Forum Inn Hotel. Hope to see some of you guys and girls there. My number is (780) 233 - 8464.

Cheers,

DH ( Blair )

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2006, 08:02:04 PM »

heading out in a half an hour  peace
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2006, 12:38:34 PM »

Rippin' up Roses

Axl delivers after long wait for fans

Guns N' Roses named its tour after an album that's, so far, just a rumour.

So, some added pre-show drama and attention seemed only natural. A press release this week promised a late start for Thursday's Chinese Democracy tour stop at Rexall Place. And considering the manic and dramatic ways of frontman Axl Rose, we're lucky he showed up at all.

The only original member of the band won't give the world his new record, but he still knows how to entertain, pulling all the stops with grand pianos, pyrotechnics and plenty of praise for Edmonton.

Rose appeared to a restless arena at 11:55 p.m., an hour after Skid Row's ex-frontman Sebastian Bach left the stage.

The long break saw 15,000 fans split into two camps - bored senseless or completely inebriated.

Eventually, the lights went out and Rexall Place exploded with cheers, almost drowning out the tribal bass beat and echoing guitar riffs belonging to just one song - Welcome to the Jungle.

Surrounded by an Asian motif, Rose materialized in large, dark shades and a black leather button-up shirt, the first of six diva-like wardrobe changes during the two-and-a-half-hour set.

All appearances spoke to the advent of a new era for the band - Rose's new, yet questionable hairdo, GN'R lineup and Asian obsession. Yet an inescapable musical tether leads back almost two decades to a time before some of Thursday night's audience members even existed.

GN'R's debut album, Appetite for Destruction, has sold more than 20 million copies since its 1987 release and is solidified in rock history as the best-selling debut of all time. It's also the source for the band's most popular and recognizable songs and Rose skimped on none.

Interspersed by numerous guitar solos, Live and Let Die, Sweet Child O' Mine, It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me and Nighttrain all appeared, with Paradise City as a closing finale to a well-planned encore. Other decade-plus hits delivered were November Rain, Bob Dylan's Knockin' on Heaven's Door and the lighter-triggering Patience.

GN'R's simultaneous 1991 followups Use Your Illusion I & II were the group's last original studio recordings. Since then, Rose has been working on Chinese Democracy, with a reported $15-million production price tag. Rumoured to arrive soon, the release date has again been pushed to next year, but Rose proved new music does exist. Three confirmed tracks on the album were performed as well as the title track, which kicked off the 2:15 a.m. encore.

People were slowly filtering out all evening, some even before GN'R hit the stage. But most stayed to at least determine one last rumour about Rose's on-stage guests for the show. And again, the rumours were true.

Following a duet with opening act Bach, Rose introduced his new pal, Mike Smith, known to most as Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys. A musician before he was an actor, Smith and his guitar took centre-stage for his new, catchy hit, Liquor and Whores, and most of the arena joined in.

Rose didn't spare a drop of drama for his departure, exploding tissue rose petals with air cannons over the crowd as he lingered in the atmosphere he obviously loves so much.

Story here: http://www.edmontonsun.com/Entertainment/Music/2006/12/09/2703606-sun.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2006, 08:03:23 PM »

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2006, 08:36:43 PM »

Edmonton Journal Review:

This was deleted off the 'main' board. Most likely because, "GASP!"... its not a glowing review. Anyways, I know it is appreciated so I'll try in the 'proper' place.

Edmonton Sun Review:

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2006, 01:18:07 AM »

just for the record, someone once said on this forum that security sucks at rexall.  well i got my disposable camera taken away, this security guard chick checked every one of my pockets and even near my crotch.  its probly best that it got taken away cuz i didnt even see 1 flash during the entire concert and if i took a picture axl probly woulda had me thrown out.
dallasgel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2006, 01:23:56 AM »

The best place to hide a camera is by your waist and wear a belt with a decent sized buckle.  That's how I got my digital camera in to the Stones show in Regina this year.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: