Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:58:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  censorship
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: censorship  (Read 46166 times)
EstrangedReality
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2006, 04:47:33 PM »

I understand why this is upsetting people, but I think it's a matter of keeping things under control for the time being, and I understand jarmo's reasoning behind deleting the Merck article.

waaaaaaaaa censorship  crying crying crying

theres probably 20 GNR boards out there.  if you dont like how this one is run, cool visit another one.   Jarmo is a liason between us and the band, this site was chosen as a means to communicate with the fans.   The news posted here is the news that comes FROM the band.   The outsiders view can be found elsewhere.    I for one support this band and this board.   If you dont like it, its more than understandable, but at least have some respect for the board and the fans here.

I support HTGTH, but I hate frauds.

When you were a member on MyGNR you used to slag off HTGTH all the time. When people from HTGTH posted a news item there with a link back to this forum once, you started flaming them and saying how much HTGTH sucked.

But now that you were banned from the forum, suddenly you're all about HTGTH, eh? If you hate MyGNR why do you keep coming back under other accounts such as RonWong?
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2006, 04:48:55 PM »

Have GNR asked the Merck statement not be discussed here then?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2006, 04:49:37 PM »

I understand why this is upsetting people, but I think it's a matter of keeping things under control for the time being, and I understand jarmo's reasoning behind deleting the Merck article.

theres probably 20 GNR boards out there.  if you dont like how this one is run, cool visit another one.   Jarmo is a liason between us and the band, this site was chosen as a means to communicate with the fans.   The news posted here is the news that comes FROM the band.   The outsiders view can be found elsewhere.    I for one support this band and this board.   If you dont like it, its more than understandable, but at least have some respect for the board and the fans here.

When you were a member on MyGNR you used to slag off HTGTH all the time. When people from HTGTH posted a news item there with a link back to this forum once, you started flaming them and saying how much HTGTH sucked.

But now that you were banned from the forum, suddenly you're all about HTGTH, eh? If you hate MyGNR why do you keep coming back under other accounts such as RonWong?

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.   get your facts striaght before you talk shit.  show me right now where I ever said one negative thing about this website.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2006, 04:55:46 PM »

Propaganda?

Is that what you feel it is because we focus on the band instead of focusing what everybody else says about them...

Ok...

I am not sure what else to call it. When you take and cherry pick certain information that only advances a selected agenda, that by it's definition is propaganda.

If your policy of focusing on the band only were consistent there might be some merit to your assertion. However, when you allow the opinions of "everybody else" to filter through, and obstruct those that aren't as complimentary, ?that is not focusing on the band.

It's your board and you are certainly entitled to run it as you wish as we are just guests here, but the lack of a consistent policy on outsider opinions supports the propaganda argument. When management tells you, Jarmo, don't let certain things through; their aim is to control the flow of information and advance an agenda. We will obviously have to agree to disgaree, but I am not sure how you can consider the board anything but a propaganda piece because the focus is not on the band, but only on allowing information beneficial to the band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2006, 04:59:53 PM »

Then every newspaper in the country is propaganda....

Every TV channel... All radio stations...

They all choose to go with something. There's always somebody who has a different opinion that what they said.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EstrangedReality
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2006, 05:32:05 PM »

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.   get your facts striaght before you talk shit.  show me right now where I ever said one negative thing about this website.

I can't show you, because your account and posts were deleted.

Interesting to note your behavior here on the open forum differs from what you just sent me through Private Message. Don't use that racist slur anymore, it's horrible. I'm not a "fucking n!g*er" and I don't think you should be using such language - it's very unnecessary.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 05:33:55 PM by Stoned Immaculate » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2006, 05:35:11 PM »

Interesting to note your behavior here on the forum differs from what you send me through Private Message. Don't use that racist slur anymore, it's horrible.

that shows you right there its bullshit.  those accounts are still there.   i dont know what your beef with me is yo, but no need to make up lies about me.   i dont like you either but i dont post shit about you.

the only forum i've ever bad mouthed is MyGNR.   any references I made to this site on that site were defending this site.    prove otherwise or you are a fucking rotten liar and thats what i called you.

EstrangedReality
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2006, 05:43:36 PM »

Interesting to note your behavior here on the forum differs from what you send me through Private Message. Don't use that racist slur anymore, it's horrible.

that shows you right there its bullshit.  those accounts are still there.   i dont know what your beef with me is yo, but no need to make up lies about me.   i dont like you either but i dont post shit about you.

the only forum i've ever bad mouthed is MyGNR.   any references I made to this site on that site were defending this site.    prove otherwise or you are a fucking rotten liar and thats what i called you.

All I know is that you were banned, and usually banned accounts get their posts deleted. I've seen you slag off this forum before with my own eyes. You're trying to tell me I have you confused with someone else, but are you not Jim Bob aka Axl's Disillusion?

And no matter how you want to try and justify what you said, you still referred to me with a very racist term.

i called you a nigger because thats what you are.   you are making up bullshit for no reason and talking about things you know nothing about.  hence you are a nigger.  it has nothing to do with the color of your skin.

If that's what you believe, you really need to stop using that word and re-evaluate why you're using it. It's not interchangeable for "liar." If someone is a liar, call them a liar. You didn't need to call me that word. It's nasty and vile.

I don't think this needs to be discussed any further. I wasn't "going after" you. I just don't like it when people are "fake" and say things they don't mean.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »

do a search on my accounts and find the quotes.  the accounts are still there.  ok   

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 06:08:29 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2006, 05:48:48 PM »

<< Every person has to deal with some kinda 'ism, whether religion or skin or height or weight or sex or clothing or culture or country, we all have to deal with it. There's only one true 'ism - Assholism. It can be subgrouped into racism, sexism, or any other 'ism, but it's all about someone being an Asshole. Some people are Assholes all their life, some are momentary Assholes, usually it's acquired from coming into contact with another Asshole. All you can do is try your best not to catch it and spread it. >>

bbf

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2006, 06:08:34 PM »

This is just a pure guess, but I think I know why there is cencorship to the topic.

This is where GNR channel info as stated. Now, why would Jarmo jepordise that? Obviously, him being the owner of the site GNR info thats getting past has it's sentamental value with it. Perhaps, he's thinking the GNR team will notice that jarmo has chosen to withdraw mercks statemeant, and see HTGTH as a more trust worthy site? Perhaps to get more info going through this way?

Also, the fact that GNR JUST released and Axl statemeant through this site, I'm guessing there interested in response from the fans. So, if ever there reading this message board, it's today and tomorrow.

Then again, reveiws are posted of the shows, articles are posted from differant sources. They let the pigeons of shit metals statemenat be posted. That's EXACTLY the same thing with merck. Working with guns, get's fired, makes a statmeant. So maybe, Jarmo, has been told from above (gnr team) to not let any posts come through to do with merck.

EstrangedReality
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »

do a search on my accounts and find the quotes.  the accounts are still there.  ok   

you are nasty and vile, hence the reason for such a harsh name.   you are an attention seeking troll, everyone knows this.   and now you are a fucking liar.

Well, I apologize if I was wrong, but unfortunately your accounts cannot be accessed through the search system one way or another. All I'll say is that if what I said isn't true then I am sorry and retract my statements.

But I still think calling someone the names you called me is really uncalled for, dude. Just because you think I'm "nasty and vile" it doesn't warrant such terrible slurs.

Let's put this behind us though.
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2006, 06:40:49 PM »

This is a GN'R site which means this is where you'll find things the band wants their fans to know, such as the letter from Axl.
Thanks for clearing this up.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2006, 08:50:43 PM »

i can't believe jarmo is deleting merck's message. what the fuck is wrong with you? would you like to explain yourself and why you're playing gestapo?

I don't think you should worry about it, jarmo has his reason, when its time, its time. The stuff you find here is not speculation, its fact (for the most part), its so fans are not confused.
Psychophobia
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2006, 10:15:15 PM »

Wow, people weren't kidding about the rampant censorship here! I quoted one sentence from Merck's letter - entirely praising Axl, the band, and CD - and my post got wiped. I've been to a few band sites that only allow positive things to be posted, sure, but this has to be the first one that I've encountered that will delete your posts of the admins don't like the source of praise for the band. Oof!  Tongue

I think that if you took a poll, the overwhelming concensus would be that there was a lot more of value - regarding insight into the past and future goings-on with the band and album - in Merck's letter than there was in Axl's (which was good to read, don't get me wrong, but it lacked the detail that Merck went into). It seems completely silly to disallow something that was nothing but a positive and insightful appraisal of Gn'R from the field of discussion. I'm miffed these rules are put in place by a Swede - quirks like this are something I'd sooner attribute to someone of Rupert Murdoch's ilk.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2006, 11:05:39 PM »

Wow, people weren't kidding about the rampant censorship here! I quoted one sentence from Merck's letter - entirely praising Axl, the band, and CD - and my post got wiped. I've been to a few band sites that only allow positive things to be posted, sure, but this has to be the first one that I've encountered that will delete your posts of the admins don't like the source of praise for the band. Oof!  Tongue

I think that if you took a poll, the overwhelming concensus would be that there was a lot more of value - regarding insight into the past and future goings-on with the band and album - in Merck's letter than there was in Axl's (which was good to read, don't get me wrong, but it lacked the detail that Merck went into). It seems completely silly to disallow something that was nothing but a positive and insightful appraisal of Gn'R from the field of discussion. I'm miffed these rules are put in place by a Swede - quirks like this are something I'd sooner attribute to someone of Rupert Murdoch's ilk.

How do you know everything Merck said was true though?
Psychophobia
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2006, 11:35:36 PM »

Wow, people weren't kidding about the rampant censorship here! I quoted one sentence from Merck's letter - entirely praising Axl, the band, and CD - and my post got wiped. I've been to a few band sites that only allow positive things to be posted, sure, but this has to be the first one that I've encountered that will delete your posts of the admins don't like the source of praise for the band. Oof!? Tongue

How do you know everything Merck said was true though?
I don't. But I didn't say that now, did I?

How do we know that everything Axl said was true?

Again, we don't. He and Merck could both be full of shit for all we know. It's rock n' roll, an industry that is right up there with politics, hollywood, and pro sports in terms of shadey fibs and half-truths. But from reading both their stories, I thought that both of them came off as being very frank and honest. Axl's was a bit muddled - I thought he came off as having visibly mixed emotions over the whole thing. Merck's read more like he had sat back and taken a deep breath before writing it so as to avoid making any kneejerk statements.

IMO, if you look at the two statements together, I think you get a glimpse of the sorts of bureaucratic difficulties and personality conflicts that've postponed the album's release for so long.
moons
Banned
Headliner

Charlie Don't Surf

« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2006, 11:46:52 PM »

today was the worst day i think this forum has ever had. it should have been one of the most highly debated and talked about news items we have had in years - a letter from the man himself!!!!

but instead all we got was a bunch of pats on the back for axl and gnr. look at the posts in the main forum - nothing but "this is the best day of my life" shit.

for people who actually want to know whats going on in the band, thats pretty boring stuff. i come here because i want to know whats up behind the scenes, what the real story is. if i wanted to read axl's statement and get on my knees for him, i'd just go to gnr.com and do it there.

any post that would have contributed to substantive and interesting debate over the letter's release and the circumstances surrounding it was summarily deleted. this post might be deleted as well, seeing as i havent had a single one not wiped all day.

its a damn shame.

have we forgotten about the four shows that were cancelled? that like 100,000 people that just had their plans shat on right there. you dont hear anyone on this forum complaining about it, though, do you? thats because no one is getting the chance.

so axl gives us a "tentative" release date with multiple strings attached, disclaims all responsibility for past and future delays,  and cancels on thousands of loyal fans because he doesnt feel like doing the shows anymore? thats bullshit. where i come from, when you schedule a committment, be it a concert or a meeting or a fucking phone call, you keep it and you show up, on time, every time.

fuck this shit. i dont think today;s news was all that great at all!!!!

Big Gulps, huh? Well...see ya later.
-Dumb and Dumber
Psychophobia
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2006, 01:10:46 AM »

it should have been one of the most highly debated and talked about news items we have had in years...

instead all we got was a bunch of pats on the back for axl and gnr. look at the posts in the main forum - nothing but "this is the best day of my life" shit.

for people who actually want to know whats going on in the band, thats pretty boring stuff. i come here because i want to know whats up behind the scenes, what the real story is.

any post that would have contributed to substantive and interesting debate over the letter's release and the circumstances surrounding it was summarily deleted...

its a damn shame.
I agree completely. And I'd wager there's a good number of folks here, quite possibly a majority, that also share the same opinion of the matter. It's the stuff of farce and self-parody that one of (perhaps 'the'?) most popular Gn'R sites on the net is turning a blind eye to some of the most informative news we've had in this 13 year wait.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2006, 02:23:59 AM »

I like how u guys feel the need to attack Jarmo.

U guys go on about how he is this or that. Maybe he has a connection to Axl, maybe not, but put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself what u would do?

Not implyin that happens but if Axl spoke to u personally and asked to keep certain things off, u think anyone here would tell him no? Roll Eyes

This isnt? SLC's Fox News "Fair and B alanced, this is a personally owned board.

If u wanna read Merck's letter, go to Vh1 or somewhere.

U people do realize that Artists can make Unofficial websites stop using Trademarks and sorts of other references right?

Merck is gone, I am happy as hell he is gone and I personally dont want to hear nothing else from him.

Be happy, we got a release date and the YES men who in my opinion were holding Axl back are now gone.

I think there are far too many cynics on this board who won't be happy regardless of what happens.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 02:27:25 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: