Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  censorship
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: censorship  (Read 46121 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2006, 09:12:22 PM »

I don't expect you to understand because simply you're not me.

So instead of trying to explain, when it obviously makes no fucking difference what I say, I won't bother.

I'll just keep doing what I've been doing for all these years and if you don't like it, too bad for you.

/jarmo

You know, your forum wouldn't be what it is, if it wasn't for the MEMBERS. So maybe you should think about treating your forum members with a little more respect.

Just an idea though

Respect goes both ways.

You're not paying to be on a forum without ads.

Respect the way we run the forum and we'll respect you.

Don't and we won't.

We've explained everything TOO many times.

Lots seem to understand how it works. Some don't want to.

There are too many lies printed and spread. Some might choose to believe and spread the lies.

We don't.

Accept it. It's that simple.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2006, 09:44:37 PM »

You know, your forum wouldn't be what it is, if it wasn't for the MEMBERS. So maybe you should think about treating your forum members with a little more respect.

Just an idea though

Amusing.

There's a small clique of people who don't respect this place and think they can get away with shit. Maybe because they can elsewhere.

They think we should respect them.

We do what we do and we'll keep doing it. Whether some people like it or not.

I'm not interested in popularity contests and trying to please everybody.

That's why we'll never vote on any moderators. We won't let the majority decide on any policies on this board.

This place is here for the fans who respect the board, its rules and, last but not least, the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Psychophobia
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2006, 12:31:16 AM »

This place is here for the fans who respect the board, its rules and, last but not least, the band.
Just not the full truth, eh?

In short, this board is for people who are nothing but dittoheads and personal vacuums for Axl Rose and the webmaster then, eh?  That's not for me... I'll be de-registering and taking my thoughts elsewhere after this post. I can't stick with a message board that operates along the lines of FOX News.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2006, 12:36:37 AM »

Just not the full truth, eh?

In short, this board is for people who are nothing but dittoheads and personal vacuums for Axl Rose and the webmaster then, eh?  That's not for me... I'll be de-registering and taking my thoughts elsewhere after this post. I can't stick with a message board that operates along the lines of FOX News.

Ah shit man, sorry to see you go!

I just got your pm and when I went to reply it said "could not find". No email either.......

Take it easy bro.

peace
EstrangedReality
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2006, 12:42:56 AM »

I totally understand jarmo and the mods' decision to remove the Merck article because they knew it contained unfounded rumors of a release date.

However, I also understand where some of the fans are coming from complaining about alleged "censorship." I think in the future instead of just deleting topics and not giving any type of explanation, it might end a lot of debate (before it even starts) if some kind of explanation - such as the one in this thread - were posted. It would have cut back on all the people crying "Censorship!"

Ultimately it's their site/forum and they can do whatever they want. If we don't want to post here we don't have to. No one's pointing a gun at our heads forcing us to post.

But I'm just saying it may cut back on the amount of backlash if, next time something like this happens (IF it happens again), some kind of explanation such as this is given from the start - instead of just deleting topics and saying "The article cannot be discussed here" with no apparent reason.

Just my $.02.  ok

But I knew as soon as the Merck article started getting deleted there was a valid reason, and now as everyone can see: there was.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2006, 09:13:05 AM »

I totally understand jarmo and the mods' decision to remove the Merck article because they knew it contained unfounded rumors of a release date.

We've had hundreds of unfounded release dates.   Even Axl's release date is tentative.   I think most of us are adult enough to decide for ourselves what we should or should not believe.

Anyway, that's my last word on it.

Jarmo - I DO appreciate having the site here, I really do.   The next few months are going to be awesome and I just hope that we're given licence to discuss all the cool stuff that happens.   Not forced to play in one or two select threads and have a strict policy of theme enforcement.   

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2006, 10:49:19 AM »

What's so hard to understand? Censoring the Merck letter should tell you alot about who it is that decides certain things around here. Axl Rose is not consistent, so why ask for it?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »

I've never really openly critized you Jarmo but for fucks sake stop being such a damn lapdog? no

We're doing the same thing we did yesterday, a week ago, last month etc.

Nothing has changed regarding the board.?

Merck is gone, but it doesn't mean the policies are gonna change.

/jarmo

I was planning on writing a big and well argumented reply, but I feel that everything I wanted to say has already been said in this thread.

just answer me this, is htgth still the unbiased and objective forum it once was?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

It has never been totally unbiased.

You have to remember this is a fan forum and we are always gonna welcome fans of the current band more than people who might like the old band, but refuse to see that times have changed.

Many so called objective forums come across as breeding grounds for these so called objective fans who do nothing else than complain about the band. There's no way I'm gonna allow that to happen here.

This place isn't gonna turn into a place where we have pages and pages of "objective" discussions about how much everything sucks, how all we get are lies from the band and how the band sucks because certain people aren't in it anymore.

This place also won't turn into a place where rumors are welcomed as facts just because some people think the band is constantly making shit up.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2006, 05:44:51 PM »

None of you seem to get it.

I run the site as I see fit.

Occasionally I'm asked to remove something.

If I don't see why it should be removed, I can always ask. But usually I can see why.

I can give you an example: The Rolling Stone article. It contained lies and people got excited. The album wasn't released in November. Every time an article claims something about the band, and it doesn't happen, a certain person in the band gets the blame for it.

/jarmo

I agree with that post about Rolling Stone and some of the others, I just dont want this to get so out of hand that if someone goes to a show and doesnt like something, it gets deleted.

I dont want this to turn into a Worship Forum where if u have something great to say its allowed but any criticism or negative comment will be deleted.

When CD comes out, I want the freedom to discuss it fully. If someone doesnt like a song, i want to know, I want to hear their reasoning and logic.

if someone doesnt like a concert, i want to know why.

So bullshit articles, rumors and lies are fine to be deleted. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

But when it comes to people's opinions on concerts, the CD when it comes out, the bandmembers as long as it isnt the same old vs New argument. I would appreciate it, if all that stuff is allowed.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2006, 05:49:19 PM »

None of you seem to get it.

I run the site as I see fit.

Occasionally I'm asked to remove something.

If I don't see why it should be removed, I can always ask. But usually I can see why.

I can give you an example: The Rolling Stone article. It contained lies and people got excited. The album wasn't released in November. Every time an article claims something about the band, and it doesn't happen, a certain person in the band gets the blame for it.

/jarmo

I agree with that post about Rolling Stone and some of the others, I just dont want this to get so out of hand that if someone goes to a show and doesnt like something, it gets deleted.

I dont want this to turn into a Worship Forum where if u have something great to say its allowed but any criticism or negative comment will be deleted.

When CD comes out, I want the freedom to discuss it fully. If someone doesnt like a song, i want to know, I want to hear their reasoning and logic.

if someone doesnt like a concert, i want to know why.

So bullshit articles, rumors and lies are fine to be deleted. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

But when it comes to people's opinions on concerts, the CD when it comes out, the bandmembers as long as it isnt the same old vs New argument. I would appreciate it, if all that stuff is allowed.

good post, i fully agree.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2006, 05:54:28 PM »

I consider myself an original GNR fan a VR fan and a New GNR fan.

the only problem I have ever had with the New Band fans is when they let ignorance take over their posts.

I want to love the new band so much but when posters on here slag off the original band to try and make the new band seem great, To me that shit should be deleted.

Anyone who says Bumblefoot or Robin are better than Slash before they've even released an album of their own material to me is the type of Fan I despise.

so to me these types of posters are? just as guilty as the posters who do nothing but be negative.? cause when stuff like that is posted, I feel this need to defend the old band which in turn makes me seem like a new gnr hater which Im not.

Respect is earned though not annointed just cause u play with Axl.? They still have to prove it on the CD. So the point of this post has to do with "Negative" old fans who dont change with the times.

I change with the times but that doesnt mean I forget the past.

EFISH
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2006, 05:58:12 PM »

Anyone who says Bumblefoot or Robin are better than Slash before they've even released an album of their own material to me is the type of Fan I despise.

But Bumblefoot has been playing guitar for YEARS so we can judge it on that. I am not the type that comes on and says "oh hes better than him!" and shit like that, but it's fair to like another guitar player, becuase his work outside of Guns N' Roses. I think Robin is so fucking kickass just hearing him doing the old stuff live, and his work on the new tunes, most notably Better and his solo in The Blues.

That being said, all three rock, and it's tough to compare seeing as for the most part they are all different kinds of guitarists.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2006, 06:06:05 PM »

Name one piece of music he either have ever done that is considered some of the greatest riffs or solos of all time?

Sure on CD maybe they will have some but until CD comes out, its extremely premature to make that statement cause their is no evidence u can present to make that case.

I can play November Rain on guitar, does that make me better than the guy who actually came up with it?

I dont think so.

So this is my point.

The "Haters" or the people who cant change with the times get all the blame but overzealous new fans provoke the old fans and the fans like myself who love both bands.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2006, 06:08:22 PM »

I think we need a BBF vs Slash thread. Smiley

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2006, 06:10:06 PM »

I think not.

/jarmo

EFISH
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »

Name one piece of music he either have ever done that is considered some of the greatest riffs or solos of all time?

Yeah but in my opinion, some of his solo material is some of the greatest stuff I've ever heard.

My point is that just because Slash has more credit than him, doesnt make him "better", it's all about opinion man.
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2006, 06:13:46 PM »

If the mods don't want any mention of Merck, that's fine... But please, can someone (Jarmo or whoever) make a statement in the "Important Topics" section stating what topics will qualify for deletion...  I haven't been keeping up on all the stuff going on here, and I posted just a small mention of the Merck statement and it was deleted.. I don't care that it was deleted, but I wouldn't have even bothered in the first place if I had seen something stating that Merck's comments were not to be mentioned... 

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2006, 06:20:30 PM »

I think not.

/jarmo

Seriously? We would be allowed to discuss our opinions on the merits of the two guitar players in the appropriate forum? 

What leaks??
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2006, 11:20:54 PM »

Yeah but in my opinion, some of his solo material is some of the greatest stuff I've ever heard.

My point is that just because Slash has more credit than him, doesnt make him "better", it's all about opinion man.

exactly.  D your opinion is bullshit because all it is hating on other people's opinions.

I like robin better than slash.   I dont feel I need a reason other than the fact that I just prefer him and  i hope you despise me.  beer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: