Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:59:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007  (Read 24828 times)
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2006, 06:49:04 AM »

Unless it's a coverup so we can all be really surprised on December 26th?   hihi hihi hihi

Anyway, it will be really nice from now on to get updates, assuming Axl isn't really just full of shit.  I've always had faith that he's a pretty good guy, and to hear most people talk (including ex band members) things are not really his fault, he just seems to be followed around by bad events.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2006, 07:02:22 AM »

Unless it's a coverup so we can all be really surprised on December 26th?? ?hihi hihi hihi

Anyway, it will be really nice from now on to get updates, assuming Axl isn't really just full of shit.? I've always had faith that he's a pretty good guy, and to hear most people talk (including ex band members) things are not really his fault, he just seems to be followed around by bad events.

Axl seems very truthfull. That being said, he also seems a little dellusional. I have no doubt that bad events have prevented the album from being released, but I also have no doubt that a different person wouldn't have all these events happening to him. Axl and his persona bring alot of this on himself, after all, we're talking 10+ years here.

Still, he is who he is, and that is a big part of his abillity to make such great music. If that results in things taking 10 years and what not, so be it. We may want it to be different, but it's not, and it never will be. So lets just rejoice in the fact that CD seems closer to being released than ever before.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
LECHUGAGNR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2006, 07:32:20 AM »

OK AXL TAKE A HOLLIDAYS AN THEN WHEN YOU RETURN .......LAUNCH  THE CD    COME  ONE rant
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2006, 07:39:59 AM »

Unless it's a coverup so we can all be really surprised on December 26th?? ?hihi hihi hihi

Anyway, it will be really nice from now on to get updates, assuming Axl isn't really just full of shit.? I've always had faith that he's a pretty good guy, and to hear most people talk (including ex band members) things are not really his fault, he just seems to be followed around by bad events.

Axl seems very truthfull. That being said, he also seems a little dellusional. I have no doubt that bad events have prevented the album from being released, but I also have no doubt that a different person wouldn't have all these events happening to him. Axl and his persona bring alot of this on himself, after all, we're talking 10+ years here.

Still, he is who he is, and that is a big part of his abillity to make such great music. If that results in things taking 10 years and what not, so be it. We may want it to be different, but it's not, and it never will be. So lets just rejoice in the fact that CD seems closer to being released than ever before.

i know you are excited but what makes the 6th of march different than any other time ??

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
anythinggoes
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2006, 07:42:03 AM »

i know you are excited but what makes the 6th of march different than any other time ??

because its a physical date we have had time spans before this is a physical date which as aAXl has stated could go past without the Album but its more positive than just saying Fall or summer etc
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2006, 07:58:46 AM »

I understand the ones who don't buy it, but then again, what do we want here? We've never had a set, although tentative, date before. Now we do, and on top of that we have a timetable on when to expect promotion etc. I know it might not sound like much, or like anything we haven't heard before. But being a GN'R fan for so many years I honestly must say I can't expect alot more.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
guns_n_motley
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2006, 08:38:49 AM »

I understand the ones who don't buy it, but then again, what do we want here? We've never had a set, although tentative, date before. Now we do, and on top of that we have a timetable on when to expect promotion etc. I know it might not sound like much, or like anything we haven't heard before. But being a GN'R fan for so many years I honestly must say I can't expect alot more.

its the fact that its from axls mouth....its pretty evident that hes not going back into hiding... its pretty evident that this time is different.. We will have chinese democracy in 2007
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2006, 08:43:31 AM »

Can someone explain to me why this "Open letter to the fans" has no link anywhere? Where did it come from?

Look at www.gunsnroses.com
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2006, 08:49:12 AM »

Can someone explain to me why this "Open letter to the fans" has no link anywhere? Where did it come from?

Look at www.gunsnroses.com

It wasn't up there for the first few hours but it is now.

I love this move on Axls part. Extremely classy in my opinion.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2006, 09:17:29 AM »

So the cancelled dates in January of 2007, these are dates the band will be using as part of the 8 weeks leading up to March 6th.

What will be happening?

Contract Negotiations?
Hiring of a new Manager?
More 'tweaking' of the album?
An actual Video for MTV?

Thoughts...

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2006, 09:22:29 AM »

Ok, so now let's chill.

People around here were getting to much nervous about the CD. People were demanding explanations and stuff. Although most of us expected a release this year (and, at this point, a magic surprise release) the common sense was that it wouldn't be out no more in 2006. We KNOW that the hype of this particular album is too big to not have a properly promotion.

Ok, we still don't have the CD, but we have what a lot of people here wanted: communication. It was the first time in history, I think, that a communication from someone of the band or management was so clear. When you consider that it was signed for Axl himself, man, it almost bring tears to my eyes.

So now, we can celebrate the holidays with our loved ones, we can work our jobs, we can live our life and wait for march. It is coming out, guys. 2006 was the year, but things don't go as planned sometimes.

The real and true fans should be glad that this was an awesome year: we had a lot of amazing shows, the critic was mostly positive for the new band, we did indeed hear music this year (with the shows and the leaks), Axl is not hidding in a shell no more (he was seen in a some public events). The band seems to be tight.

Now, we'll wait in the confort of Axl Rose's words: March, 06, 2007.

"All I ever wanted
Was for you
To know that I care"

Vicente

"all that anger, all that anger"
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2006, 09:24:03 AM »

So the cancelled dates in January of 2007, these are dates the band will be using as part of the 8 weeks leading up to March 6th.

What will be happening?

Contract Negotiations?
Hiring of a new Manager?
An actual Video for MTV?

Thoughts...

Axl already said the proper promotion, video and radio prep will be taking place in those 8 weeks.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2006, 09:30:06 AM »

I said about two months ago that it would come out in March. It was a guess, of course, but an educated one. As soon as it became blatantly clear that it wouldn't come out in 2006 (which, again, was around two months ago, despite the numerous mentally ill people refusing to give up on the notion of it being released as a surprise), it was obvious that no record company would release it during the dead months of January and February, so we can be pretty pleased if it comes out in March, because that's now the earliest we could have realistically hoped for.
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2006, 09:32:32 AM »

What will be happening?

Contract Negotiations?
Hiring of a new Manager?
An actual Video for MTV?

Thoughts...

Axl already said the proper promotion, video and radio prep will be taking place in those 8 weeks.

Woops! ?You're right! ?Amazing what a second and third read will do. ?I guess it is safe to assume the since Harley-Davidson let it be known about the 'Better' commercial, that will be the first single we should be listening for?

This probably sounds lame, but just the fact we have this statement and tentative release date, it has totally changed me attitude about the direction of the band.

Firing Merk doesn't excite me. ?Clearly, Axl's inner sanctum of trust is small, so if he worked with Merk, he trusted him. If he's been fired, he violated that trust, and that's not cool!

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2006, 09:46:41 AM »

What will be happening?

Contract Negotiations?
Hiring of a new Manager?
An actual Video for MTV?

Thoughts...

Woops!  You're right!  Amazing what a second and third read will do.  I guess it is safe to assume the since Harley-Davidson let it be known about the 'Better' commercial, that will be the first single we should be listening for?

This probably sounds lame, but just the fact we have this statement and tentative release date, it has totally changed me attitude about the direction of the band.

Firing Merk doesn't excite me.  Clearly, Axl's inner sanctum of trust is small, so if he worked with Merk, he trusted him. If he's been fired, he violated that trust, and that's not cool!

Those are some good thoughts. I wholeheartedly agree with that second paragraph and I didn't really think about the things you said in the third one until you mentioned it.

I'm actually not all that excited about Merck being let go either come to think of it, but I'm sure there have been a ridiculous amount of casualties in getting this album to us.

Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2006, 11:04:51 AM »

the album isn't comming out this year, oh well...this is great that we actually have some sort of a date to go by now

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

the album isn't comming out this year, oh well...this is great that we actually have some sort of a date to go by now

Thats for sure.. And the band working on practical tings with the release after christmas is great!
Cant wait to see the first video.

I wonder if GnR ever releases a DVD called "The making of Chinese Democracy"
guess they had to make a trilogy then..  yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2006, 11:35:48 AM »

I'm betting we get the "Harley ad" during the Super Bowl and the single soon after.

yes beer
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2006, 11:35:57 AM »

No November Rain, but Ides of March? Smiley

Anyway, I don't think Buckethead has anything to do with the 'legalities' anymore. Those should be solved for a long time already.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2006, 12:09:25 PM »

No November Rain, but Ides of March? Smiley

Anyway, I don't think Buckethead has anything to do with the 'legalities' anymore. Those should be solved for a long time already.

He probably has been wiped clean of CD, so it's probably no issue.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: