Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 05:45:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227994 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 20th - Gibson Ampitheater - Universal City, CA *UPDATES*
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 20th - Gibson Ampitheater - Universal City, CA *UPDATES*  (Read 26830 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2006, 10:13:29 AM »

Thank you to everyone for the updates...Sounds like a wonderful end to a fantastic year.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »

i can't believe no one mentioned the christmas songs

richard played part of "Have yourself a merry little christmas" for his solo

and then bumblefoot did a singalong to "Your a mean one Mr Grinch" !!? ?

AMAZING SHOW!!? I will give my full review tomorrow when I am home...

that's sweet!  thanks for adding this update!  i was hoping they'd do some Christmas tunes.  i love the Grinch tune!  Grin

thanks to everyone for the updates!  sounds like it was an awesome show to close the tour.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2006, 10:26:59 AM »

axl say anything about the prostitute chant?? hihi
I find it hard to believe the "prositute chant" would've consisted of more than 10 people, unless there was an actual prostitute in the crowd.  I'd be willing to bet 85% of the people there had no idea "Prostitute" is a possible working title to a unreleased, unheard song for the upcoming album.

i agree with you except for the "possible working title" part.... the song will be called prostitute, or it wouldn`t have been on the setlist...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2006, 10:29:51 AM »

Thanks to all the updating people during this tour...  beer

What a tour, wasn't it? Hopefully they will continue soon...  yes
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2006, 10:34:35 AM »

2006 longest shows (songwise):

22 songs:
12/07/06 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
12/19/06 Universal City, CA Gibson Amphitheatre

Yup, it was a long night in Edmonton.? hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2006, 10:38:17 AM »

I find it hard to believe the "prositute chant" would've consisted of more than 10 people, unless there was an actual prostitute in the crowd.? I'd be willing to bet 85% of the people there had no idea "Prostitute" is a possible working title to a unreleased, unheard song for the upcoming album.

i agree with you except for the "possible working title" part.... the song will be called prostitute, or it wouldn`t have been on the setlist...
True, I forgot that was on the "secret" setlist Del James revealed.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2006, 10:45:42 AM »

I find it hard to believe the "prositute chant" would've consisted of more than 10 people, unless there was an actual prostitute in the crowd.? I'd be willing to bet 85% of the people there had no idea "Prostitute" is a possible working title to a unreleased, unheard song for the upcoming album.

Actually, the song was spelled 'Prostitue' on the setlist.
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2006, 10:49:09 AM »

Bubbles was there? ha

did any of the fans know who he was?
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2006, 10:52:57 AM »

I find it hard to believe the "prositute chant" would've consisted of more than 10 people, unless there was an actual prostitute in the crowd.  I'd be willing to bet 85% of the people there had no idea "Prostitute" is a possible working title to a unreleased, unheard song for the upcoming album.

More than likely a typo smoking

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2006, 12:01:27 PM »

More than likely a typo smoking

I've seen two different setlists, and on both they were spelled the same.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2006, 12:19:03 PM »

Sounds like a great show!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2006, 12:28:28 PM »

Last night of the tour and it was freakin AWESOME!!!  I think it was the longest GNR show i've ever seen, perhaps close to 2:45 minutes? 
I got in the pit, right near the rail, very close to Garry and the Crew so i had a great view.  It is always more fun to see the show with fellow fans like we have here!
4 song encore was SICK, 3 new songs, i never expected that and it is a good sign of things to come!

Some of my thoughts and observations:

All the songs were great!! Highlights:  IRS (with the best scream i've heard!), Patience with Izzy and Used to Love her!  November Rain had a lyrical flub from Axl.  Izzy did the Think about you Solo again.. hell it was so awesome to see him again!!
Bubbles came out during my Michelle and played guitar.

Ron is a pretty good singer, the Grinch (complete with lyrics on the big screen) sounded great and was a sweet surprise.  Then he even goes into don't cry after that. 
Ron also played the coolest fills during chinese democracy, never heard those before. They were sort of following the vocal melody.

Axl thanked a ton of people from a list he had and he mentioned that this was the last night on this leg of the North American tour, another good sign.

He introduced Frank as the man on fire.

He slipped and got back up without missing a beat.

Axl also got pissed at someone who threw a drink on stage.

During the Prostitute chant, Axl heard it and was kind of dancing back and forth which was funny.

Last night was an incredible ending to the best run of GNR shows i've ever seen.  I have been blown away this year by this band and cannot Wait until next to see what they have up their sleeves!!!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 04:23:18 AM by jarmo » Logged

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Chief
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2006, 12:34:35 PM »

Buddha Master - i missed you man and i felt kind of sad because i know there were some empty seats and there were a bunch of folks who should've been there!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2006, 12:35:26 PM »

cheers for updates ok

looks like it was a great end to an amazing tour beer

anythinggoes
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2006, 12:44:43 PM »

The dvd for this show is being offered for sale for this one keep your eyes peeled i know ill be ordering my copy
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2006, 01:25:25 PM »

A boot for sale?

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2006, 01:26:06 PM »

thanks for the updates guys!! ok

glad to hear you had fun Chief! I'm sure everyone else did!
anythinggoes
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »

A boot for sale?
yes shockin isnt it be grateful that people like me buy them and share them out eh
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2006, 01:39:01 PM »

Thanks to all those who provided updates in 2006. ? beer ? What a successful run GnR just completed! ?

I've seen these guys 3x this year and without bias I can say that the band gets better each time out. ?Can't wait for what's to come in 2007 and beyond.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »

All right its time for Bob's review.

We got there towards the end of Helmets set (thank god) and our seats were perfect.  Section 6, 5th row, hella close to the stage but we stll had seats 

anywho, helmet blew, and then baz..  ya he's just baz.   entertaining enough.    I didn't really enjoy his set at all, but it had its moments..

Guns went on about a half hour after Baz went off, and they gave an amazing performance.    They didn't stop the first 4 songs, cranking them out and I swear this band just gets better and tighter every time I see them.   Axl slipped and fell during LALD but he laughed it off.  Better totally fucking owned, one of the best songs of the night  Rock On  Robin's solo was amazing.  he was all over the stage and Dizzy and Frank played a little piece behind his solo, another highlight of the night.   As always SCOM was a crowd favorite..  Then they played KOHD, You Could Be Mine, The Blues, Rocket Queen, and Down on the Farm.   

Richard played a bit of a christmas song, I think it was have your self a merry little christmas..  and then the band ripped into Out Ta Get Me (which everytime shits all over any previous GNR lineups version of this song), and then NOvember Rain.   They brought out Izzy next, which was expected.   Think About You, Used to love her, and then i think Bumblefoot did his solo, which was The Grinch's theme song  and then he did dont cry (he needs to drop this one already or at least not play the whole thing).

The most amazing thing is remembering back to New York last spring when Bumblefoot was just kinda off to the side.  Not anymore, this guy is just as much a part of the band as the rest.   All over the fucking place.     And for the very first time I enjoyed all his parts in Better.  He fucking nails it now!

My Michelle featured Baz and Bubbles.   Most people didn't know who he was     Axl thanked him and seemed like baz has sincerly helped out Axl and the band in some way.. who knows.

Patience, Nightrain (another highlight). and then a kickass encore.. CD, IRS, Maddy, and Paradise City.   

I am lucky to have gotten to see them 4 times this year, and i'm hoping for another 4 in 2007.

Axl and the band were in great spirits.   Tommy and Bumblefoot especially had so much energy last night and always had a smile on their face.  And Robin was more Robin then ever.  Cool   

It was also my first time seeing Frank on drums.   he cool, I like brain too, I still dont really care which one is on the drums, but I do think Frank seems to gel with these guys a little bit better than Brain does.   Before Robin started his intro to CD (best versin ever btw) he gave Frank a huge high 5, it was cool to see.

Oh yea! before Down On THe Farm, someone threw a cup on stage and axl and tommy both got pissed off

One thing I would like to comment on is California and smoking...   its fucking gay yo.    I've been to concerts in the last few years in Arizona, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.   Any concert that has ever been indoors, they always say no smoking, but everyone who smokes fucking smokes anyways.   Well not here!   I lit up one during Helmet's shitty set and some fat lady in front of us wearing a moo moo who looked like she should be at a celine deon concert or at home watching Dr Phil gave me the dirtiest look.       That was all for me, and NOBODY SMOKED!   California has got these mother fuckers trained.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: