Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 09:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl in December 2006 issue of L'UOMO VOGUE
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl in December 2006 issue of L'UOMO VOGUE  (Read 68555 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2006, 12:16:05 AM »

Now I understand why Jarmo censors things around here...someone does something good and a few punks feel the need to ruin the thread with pointless banter. And if you look on page 3 or something similar, there are pictures without the watermarks if they bug you so much.

But anyway, it's cool to see that Italy gives a shit about Axl, since he sings in English and all. hihi

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2006, 03:52:35 AM »

what's up with putting the watermark right below his goatee is  hihi
if you puttit in the bottom corner, it's easy to get the photo and just crop it a little, and no-one can tell the difference.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2006, 04:24:57 AM »

http://www.gnr2k.com/board/index.php?topic=923.msg11015#msg11015
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2006, 04:43:33 AM »

that pic of him holding the cigar is awsome Cool

Yeah, It's my fav one so far ok It's a kick-ass picture.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
P014r
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2006, 05:18:24 AM »

is he wearing crushed velvet or am i just tired
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2006, 05:30:03 AM »

I have the same versace ashtray  in different colour rofl Christos and Lara know better  smoking

great pictures. just received the magazine  Kiss

Ivona
Headliner

Spread the love

« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2006, 07:46:59 AM »

I'd like to thank Gypsy as well.? Awesome pics!? ?beer

Axl looks cool as hell....and Sasha, is that the name of the beutiful lady?Huh 2 emoticons fit perfectly:
 drool? and? ?love

Yes, her name is Sasha and she is Axl's girlfriend. She is Ukrainian model

The last one from her kind - Ivona :]
Ivona
Headliner

Spread the love

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2006, 07:47:44 AM »

I have the same versace ashtray? in different colour rofl Christos and Lara know better? smoking

great pictures. just received the magazine? Kiss
Where did you order the magazine? If I would get a hold of it I would scna the pics and put them here. I have a very good scanner

The last one from her kind - Ivona :]
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2006, 08:15:33 AM »

thx for the translation. no image consultant ?

well... who buy this, really ?  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2006, 08:29:05 AM »

I'm Italian!!I I have bought the paper today morning,but I'm at work and I can't traslate well and my english is not so good....but the Lara traslation looks good!
"Axl had finished the album before starting the US tour this year.." yes..says that in the article...
..About Sasha..the photographer called her for pose with Axl and she arrived with a raincoat, high heels shoes,collant and a bra..(I just imagine Axl face ?Tongue ..what a beautiful couple!) ),and says that he knows that they still go out togheter.. .

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2006, 09:02:45 AM »

I have the same versace ashtray? in different colour rofl Christos and Lara know better? smoking

Where did you order the magazine? If I would get a hold of it I would scna the pics and put them here. I have a very good scanner

you can see the images in high resolution scan format here:

http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?p=526929&highlight=#526929

leila
Rocker

« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2006, 09:08:04 AM »

"It's natural,when you are at the top everyone wants to see you go down,it's a matter of individualism ( or egocentricity )..
When you are at the top they want your fall because you represent what they are not (or they can't be)..
But if you come back from the darkness represent the hope that they have to make it .."

The translation is approximately this...

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2006, 09:10:31 AM »

"It's natural,when you are at the top everyone wants to see you go down,it's a matter of individualism ( or egocentricity )..
When you are at the top they want your fall because you represent what they are not (or they can't be)..
But if you come back from the darkness represent the hope that they have to make it .."

cool thanks  ok
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2006, 09:13:25 AM »

tanks leila ?ok... let me go a tad offtopic and say that this just confirms that Axl beleived that CD will be released this year by 26th December. obviously it was done during European Tour and it could be published in September, October, November... but it wasn't. Once (app. 20th of November) everyone realized that things can not be done until the end of year mag was probably in prints. just my thoughts... to all the doubters.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:15:41 AM by velimir » Logged
SharonM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2006, 09:51:13 AM »

you can see the images in high resolution scan format here:

http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?p=526929&highlight=#526929

Thank You Blueheart for the link!! Those scans are great and now I can actually use the pic of him with the cigar as my desktop.? ?beer

Sharon
Death Cube K
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2006, 10:02:19 AM »

Errrr...is it really a good idea to put personal watermarks on pictures "stolen" from a magazine?  hihi

I just have to give my two cents on this.

I don't agree with her copyright politics either. First, it's not her pictures. It never will be. It's the dude
who took them who owns them. By scanning them and posting them online, she's stealing them. I know
people dont give a shit about that and neither do I, but she's still stealing them. And by putting even
a watermark on them it is pushing the envelope a bit too far.

Some of you say people complain and never are happy about anything and I usually agree but not on this case. They're entitled to it this time around. Nobody asked her to post or scan pictures. She can simply stop. No questions asked, no
hard feelings. She's not getting paid to do it either. Nobodys blaming her if she stops. No one will bitch about it either.

Now this is just me..but Ive been around on the net for over 10 years and this is how I do it.

If I take pictures in concerts or pictures I know people wanna use (even without asking) I put my name with a copyright
symbol on the bottom. If they crop it then fine, it doesnt really affect me or gives me any trouble if they do. It's just pictures I took. It's not my job, no loss of income involved, and infact by spreading the picture with or without my watermark will just spread the word about this band/artist further and I see no negativity in this. Do you?

I never scan pictures from magazines usually. Ive done it a few times but Ive never put it online. I could never dream of putting any form of watermark on them. For me that is really bad behaviour and rudeness towards the photographer in question who IS actually making money from his job as a photographer! If I had this magazine I would scan them and give them out. It's not MY photos. It's the photographers and I take NO credit for the pictures. Sure, I spent some bucks and I scanned it (taking approx 5 mins of my lifetime) but my gawd people, would MY enjoyment and feelings over these pictures and text be ANY damaged if someone else shared these pictures somewhere else? No!

Jarmo mentioned bootlegs and mixing of video bootlegs or whatever. If I did record a GNR concert and people started mixing my recording togheter with others and used it I would be pleased. It means I did a good job and others will spread the word about GNR further. Again, Im not loosing money on it! If someone posted my photos and videos and wrote "recorded by John Doe" I would take insult, but hey what can you, the net is full of assholes. I cant sue him for being a lame ass. Maybe he will have a site and some dude downloads the stuff and goes "wooaaah...GNR rocks..thanks John Doe for recording". Now, is that really such a bad thing?

Oh well. Thanks for the pics!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 10:30:37 AM by DCK » Logged
leila
Rocker

« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2006, 10:03:52 AM »

Other things:
-When they met,D'Orazio asked him what creative things he has made in last years,and Axl answered "30-40 legal actions,lawyers and annoyances...how I could think to the songs?"

-Axl has bought a lot of suits in Europe,a complete showroom, but says that the skin things that he dressed many years ago were customized,made to order,and they were more expensive than an Armani or something like this..

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2006, 10:21:11 AM »

He looks like he got into Scott Weiland's wardrobe!  He looks good. 
Annie
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2006, 10:22:29 AM »

Thanks for the the scans Gypsy Soul, I know that it took alot of time! Axl looks so hot!
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2006, 10:58:14 AM »

Other things:
-When they met,D'Orazio asked him what creative things he has made in last years,and Axl answered "30-40 legal actions,lawyers and annoyances...how I could think to the songs?"

-Axl has bought a lot of suits in Europe,a complete showroom, but says that the skin things that he dressed many years ago were customized,made to order,and they were more expensive than an Armani or something like this..

beer

I just love little facts like that. Smiley
I hope we'll see a full translation some day  Smiley

Axl looks so hot smoking

shit happens when you party naked
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: