Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:46:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl in December 2006 issue of L'UOMO VOGUE
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl in December 2006 issue of L'UOMO VOGUE  (Read 68710 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2006, 04:26:16 PM »

Thanks everyone for the scans.

Someone please get cracking on the translation!
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »

this is sad... people like me that live no where near a good newsstand that carries international magazines have no way of buying this magazine and now i only have the crappy scans cuz the good ones are all watermarked Cry

i don't get it, you say the watermarks are there to justify the amount of time and money spent in those scans.. fine.. but then if you're going to be all gritty about it, why scan them in the first place?? i thought whoever wanted to scan them was to make the community of fans happy and give the opportunity for people like me to get to see the pics, if you're doing it for any other reasons maybe you shouldnt do it at all.. if it really was about sharing with other fans then it shouldn't matter how much time and money you spent scanning them and if people don't credit you.. it's the internet, there will always be some asholes, but either you do it for the sake of sharing without expecting anything else or you just don't do it.

anythinggoes
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2006, 04:28:59 PM »

Well it looks like this issue will be a sell out then i definatly want a copy if any one can help with where to get a copy in the uk please contact me or if someone can get an extra spare copy i will cover all expenses and more for that person
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2006, 04:30:06 PM »

Ya Axls got alot of style...He looks fucking Bad Ass

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2006, 04:31:49 PM »

Do not worry, the good quality scans in high resolution will eventually end up on the internet. It will just take a few days. I think W.H. Smith in Paris will have this, I'll check into it.
In the meantime, let's just enjoy what we have and be patient. Smiley

The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2006, 04:34:01 PM »

Nice pictures thanks GypsySoul.

can someone please translate what has been written, my Italian is... shall I say non existant.

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2006, 04:35:33 PM »

i thought whoever wanted to scan them was to make the community of fans happy and give the opportunity for people like me to get to see the pics

Aren't people like you seeing the scans posted on page 1?

Maybe there's something wrong with your browser settings...

I'm glad you all enjoyed the scans so much. What a bunch of crybabies some of you are.

Next time GN'R is in a magazine, I'm counting on seeing tons of scans from some of you with no watermarks!

I mean since Gypsy's scans are that annoying, maybe she should retire and let the scanning experts here do the same job.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2006, 04:35:41 PM »

Hey guys whats wrong with you  Huh Be grateful that someone scanned those, and that you don't have to buy the magazine.

Is nobody interested when this pictures were taken? What is this L'uomo Vogue magazine about? And could someone try to translate it to english. I don? what language that is  confused
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2006, 04:37:19 PM »

cool pics, ?too much make up though. the one with the cigarrete is great ?smoking

anyway, thanks so much.

now i'm curious to know what he says in it. ?Shocked

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2006, 04:39:14 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, this mag is the italian version of Vogue for men.

I don't understand the "fight" about the copyrights. Some disagree with them, it's not the end of the world. I personally stated already previously that I do appreciate what GypsySoul does but it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything she does. And yes, if I see exclusive pics of GN'R I would post them, but I didn't see any yet in a mag here. lol

Ivona
Headliner

Spread the love

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2006, 04:39:39 PM »

I know you can get the magazine in the US but I dont know where. Any ideas?

I'm guessing WH Smith, Barns & Noble ?
no Cant find it

The last one from her kind - Ivona :]
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2006, 04:41:40 PM »

i thought whoever wanted to scan them was to make the community of fans happy and give the opportunity for people like me to get to see the pics

Aren't people like you seeing the scans posted on page 1?

Maybe there's something wrong with your browser settings...

I'm glad you all enjoyed the scans so much. What a bunch of crybabies some of you are.

Next time GN'R is in a magazine, I'm counting on seeing tons of scans from some of you with no watermarks!

I mean since Gypsy's scans are that annoying, maybe she should retire and let the scanning experts here do the same job.  ok

/jarmo

sorry Jarmo, the scans even with watermarks do the job just fine, so yeah, i guess i should be thankful for that, and i am

and believe me, if i could get a hold of that magazine or any other magazine featuring Axl in it i would most definitely scan every bit of it and post it without the watermarks, but that's just me, i wouldn't do it any other way

thing is, that even though i have a great scanner, i live in a shithole where nothing like these magazines can be found, so that's why i feel so impotent here cuz i'd gladly have scanned these pics if i had the magazine!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 04:47:27 PM by dodger girl » Logged

SLCPUNK
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2006, 04:51:49 PM »

watermarks are horrible...  i mean, this is a great board, but is it so great you have to ruin the photos to 'protect' them from other boards  Roll Eyes

oh come on... why do you care about watermarks when you have such great pics... just to complain  Roll Eyes

I think they are silly. They were not taken by anybody at HTGTH, they should be taken off.......

The pictures belong to vogue as well, not to HTGTH.

Damn skippy, having HTGTH across them is probably not legal (I'm not sure, just guessing), since they do not own the rights to these pics. They are great pics though, for sure. But the watermark should be taken off, they are not the property of this website are they?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 04:53:58 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2006, 04:53:56 PM »

Everybody whining, you go out and buy a magazine for $15, then tear it apart so you can properly scan it. Then post it here and get no credit whatsoever because many people will copy the pics snd post them as their own "work".

Do that a few times over the years and you'll know why GypsySoul put those watermakrs on her scans.

She's been posting scans for us for years and she learned quickly that there are many people out there, who have no problems with taking credit for the time and money somebody else spent on scanning the magazines.

Those watermarks will also serve as a good reason why you should buy the magazine if you enjoy the pics.

/jarmo

That's fine Jarmo, but I do want to say that not everyone can get the magazine. ?I live in Raleigh NC, and every single bookstore that sold international magazines did not sell Men's Italian Vogue. ?They just don't carry it. I understand why someone who paid for the magazine is annoyed that they paid for it while everyone else enjoys it for free, and it is appreciated that they scanned it in the first place. ?But if I could have bought the magazine myself, I would have. ?A lot of us didn't have the option.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2006, 04:57:35 PM »

Some of the best Axl photos I've ever seen!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »

That's fine Jarmo, but I do want to say that not everyone can get the magazine.  I live in Raleigh NC, and every single bookstore that sold international magazines did not sell Men's Italian Vogue.  They just don't carry it. I understand why someone who paid for the magazine is annoyed that they paid for it while everyone else enjoys it for free, and it is appreciated that they scanned it in the first place.  But if I could have bought the magazine myself, I would have.  A lot of us didn't have the option.

http://www.ebay.com/
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2006, 05:02:23 PM »

That's fine Jarmo, but I do want to say that not everyone can get the magazine.? I live in Raleigh NC, and every single bookstore that sold international magazines did not sell Men's Italian Vogue.? They just don't carry it. I understand why someone who paid for the magazine is annoyed that they paid for it while everyone else enjoys it for free, and it is appreciated that they scanned it in the first place.? But if I could have bought the magazine myself, I would have.? A lot of us didn't have the option.

AdZ, that was the first place I looked, but if you can find it for sale, send me the link and I will bid on it.  Last time I checked there was no active auction.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2006, 05:03:35 PM »

That's fine Jarmo, but I do want to say that not everyone can get the magazine.? I live in Raleigh NC, and every single bookstore that sold international magazines did not sell Men's Italian Vogue.? They just don't carry it. I understand why someone who paid for the magazine is annoyed that they paid for it while everyone else enjoys it for free, and it is appreciated that they scanned it in the first place.? But if I could have bought the magazine myself, I would have.? A lot of us didn't have the option.

Yeah sadly it isn't on there
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2006, 05:06:09 PM »

I think they are silly. They were not taken by anybody at HTGTH, they should be taken off.......

Oh wow, good idea.

Maybe they're there so there's no fucking doubt about who's scans are stolen (in case anybody tries)?

Maybe they're there so that people who have the possivbility to buy the magazine will do it?

Maybe they're there to sure other sites won't post the scans because they can't stand mentioning a name of another site and because the scanner only intended them to be posted here for us (and not all over the Internet)?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2006, 05:07:12 PM »

Once again, patience.  Everything gets on ebay.

There was a time once when the internet didn't exist and it would've been a lot harder seeing these pictures, watermark or no.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: