Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:15:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24778 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2006, 06:15:32 PM »

I wish there was a topic about Buckethead without dissing Robin. no

I wish there was a topic about Robin without dissing Buckethead. It does work both way you know.

And I'll add this , both guitarists MUST have their strong points or axl would not have kept them around and/or hired them in the first place.  ok

peace

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2006, 06:26:21 PM »

I wish there was a topic about Buckethead without dissing Robin. no

I wish there was a topic about Robin without dissing Buckethead. It does work both way you know.

And I'll add this , both guitarists MUST have their strong points or axl would not have kept them around and/or hired them in the first place.  ok

peace
No, most of the topics about Robin disses Robin, lol.
But I agree with you, both guitarists have strong and UNIQUE points. ok

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2006, 06:49:02 PM »

To answer the million dollar question... I really hope not. I, personally, never felt that Buckethead's playing contributed anything positive to GN'R's "new" sound. I was quite relieved when he left the band and I think they're a better band for it.

I believe that Finck and Fortus are more than capable of handling all guitar duties on Chinese Democracy and I am hoping they will replace any creative parts made and played by Buckethead.

really?? I'm thinking the exact opposite, i think bucket was the one that really brought something new to the whole gn'r circus, i mean, noone sounds like bucket... i don't think finck or fortus suck or anything like that, but they are nothing compared to bucket, nada!

i must say that brain is the second dude in the band to really add, or change if you will, something to the sound, he has some cool breaks, and the brownstone intro is just wicked! ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2006, 07:13:01 PM »

My question is how can they not be there.. I don't think axl could do what he planned without him..

I agree here, but what on earth did Axl mean when he said it presented them with the opportunity to "take the recording to the next level"?

I think alot of people overlook the more textural/ambient contributions that BH could add - we all know he shreds like a mother, but I think there is much more he offers CD that would be hard to simply replace

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2006, 07:22:35 PM »

I agree here, but what on earth did Axl mean when he said it presented them with the opportunity to "take the recording to the next level"?

Let's put it this way:

If everyone in the band left at that point (minus Dizzy, of course), Axl would have said the turn of events presented them with the opportunity to take things to the next level.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2006, 07:27:28 PM »

No, I think Buckethead parts gettin erased was a big part of the latest delay...

//JK
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2006, 07:30:48 PM »

No, I think Buckethead parts gettin erased was a big part of the latest delay...

really?, why?

Would it take two years to rerecord buckets parts? do you believe that fortus(he's the only one we know are back in the studio) is capable of handeling buckets empty spots and not just cover them?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »

With the amount of time they spend on the record i'm sure there were multiple solo's and guitar parts from each player. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no buckethead parts on the record.

Axl seems hell bent on making GNR a 'real' band, with equal contributions from everyone. If they haven't actually found a new guitar player yet i would assume they are not going to because judging from axl's recent comments the record is in the home stretch. If they had another guitar player axl would want his parts included on the record.

So i'm assuming very little if any buckethead parts are on the record.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2006, 07:57:49 PM »

really?, why?

Would it take two years to rerecord buckets parts?

Maybe Richard needed those 2 years to get as good as bucket and be able to mimic his style and be able to come up with stuff that he would've come up with.

After all, in one of his emails he said none of his own parts are on anything he's heard.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2006, 03:33:51 PM »

You kno what's a really good guitar player? It's a guy who can blow you away with just one note. Not 10 thousands, just one. The right note at the ryght time in the right song. Something terrific. Let me tell you that's "something" Buckethead is unable to do. That's why he never were famous, still is not famous, and probably never will. He is not able to thrill people. He just doesn't have "it". End of story.

You are so right. One day my wish is that Buckethead will become the prolific writer robin is , record as many albums as robin , tour as much as robin , become as well known as robin and work with as many people robin has.

Robn Finck , the greatest unknown of all time.  ok

Btw , have you ever heard the albums colma and/or electric tears? I only ask cause your talking about slow melodic playing , as if it's something Bucket is incapable of. Really though , have you heard anything off either of these albums? I dont usually make a point of asking someone to go steal Buckets music but since you wouldnt actually buy either album I beg you to go download some tracks off either album , electric tear or colma , then come back and say Buckethead cant play in a slow melodic way.

LMFAO.

well i really like bucket and own most of his solo albums( well well well..), but i think his melodic, slow songs often get boring..... it`s a matter of taste i guess....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2006, 03:40:39 PM »

Good find, Saul. But you know what still puzzles me about this? Everytime someone hears something from the album, there's never any vocals. Does Axl only hand out instrumentals for people to listen to? Or is it something more sinister? hihi

Well it was a couple years ago though and I think the band pretty much recorded most of the material without hearing any vocals beforehand , maybe if lucky sometimes a "scratch" vocal just to get a sence of the melody.

But what I like about Syd's quote is that it shows Buckethead could , can and will sometimes play in a different style to suit the song.  ok

And he really hit the nail on the head when saying buckethead has worked with dozens of bands and I've neve heard a bad word about him other then from Stinson.  Huh

peace.

well....  now there?s the question whats better, playing with 130 bands on one record or with few bands on more stuff?.... well i don`t mean better...... but the fact that bucket worked on 130 records doesn?t really proove he`s easy to work with... but it doesn`t matter to me anyway. he`s a musician and there`s no reason he has to be a normal kind of guy and he doesn`t has to get aloing with anyone....it`s the music that counts ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2006, 10:15:40 PM »

I don't think BH's parts will feature on CD
conny
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2006, 08:28:37 PM »

When you check Buckethead's website in the FAQ it says:

16) What bands or artists has Buckethead recorded/performed with?

This ever increasing list includes Deli Creeps, Henry Kaiser, Bill Laswell, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Praxis, Jonas Hellborg, Michael Shrieve, MCM and the Monster, Tony Williams (w/ Arcana), Giant Robot, Giant Robot 2, Primus, Zillatron, Painkiller, John Zorn, Company Week '91, Anton Fier, Julian Schnabel, Insvisibl Skratch Piklz, Michael Kamen, George S. Clinton, Pieces (Buckethead and Brain), Cobra Strike, Viggo Mortensen, El Stew, Ben Wa, Mike Keneally, Iggy Pop, Banyan, phonosychographDISK, DJ QBERT, William Ackerman, Jon Hassell and Bluescreen... There are several discographies available at Bucketheadland.com.

The site doesn't mention GN'R anywhere, but it used to mention GN'R there in that list as well, but that is gone now. So Buckethead just doesn't wanna be associated with GN'R? Or are there really no recordings with GN'R anymore? That would mean his parts were re-recorded or the arrangements were changed...

What do you think?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2006, 08:33:25 PM »

Hmm.
Hard to say... i guess time will tell. I really like Bucketsmeds parts.. It fuels everyting up...
It seams like dont wanne get associated with guns, just like u say..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RichardNixon
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2006, 08:34:13 PM »

We have no way of knowing. But the title of this tread is unfounded.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »

See? I hate that... I hope the parts don't get re-recorded... put a further delay on CD, why don't ya.  Release the damn thing, already Axl!!!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2006, 08:41:56 PM »

Even if they replaced Bucketheads parts he would still be on the list because he STILL recorded with them.

Buckethead just doesn't want to be associated with GN'R

gnrevolution.com
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2006, 08:42:29 PM »

Diz and Brain said his parts are staying. There is no point in taking out his parts esp if he helped write the songs, he still gets credit for writing the song even if they redo his parts

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2006, 08:43:09 PM »

When you check Buckethead's website in the FAQ it says:

16) What bands or artists has Buckethead recorded/performed with?

This ever increasing list includes Deli Creeps, Henry Kaiser, Bill Laswell, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Praxis, Jonas Hellborg, Michael Shrieve, MCM and the Monster, Tony Williams (w/ Arcana), Giant Robot, Giant Robot 2, Primus, Zillatron, Painkiller, John Zorn, Company Week '91, Anton Fier, Julian Schnabel, Insvisibl Skratch Piklz, Michael Kamen, George S. Clinton, Pieces (Buckethead and Brain), Cobra Strike, Viggo Mortensen, El Stew, Ben Wa, Mike Keneally, Iggy Pop, Banyan, phonosychographDISK, DJ QBERT, William Ackerman, Jon Hassell and Bluescreen... There are several discographies available at Bucketheadland.com.

The site doesn't mention GN'R anywhere, but it used to mention GN'R there in that list as well, but that is gone now. So Buckethead just doesn't wanna be associated with GN'R? Or are there really no recordings with GN'R anymore? That would mean his parts were re-recorded or the arrangements were changed...

What do you think?

that would be horrible news< Bucket OWNS "Better" and I cant imagine his part not being on that song, what a total letdown it would be and id curse the day I heard the demo if his amazing guitar parts are cut out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
conny
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2006, 08:50:03 PM »

What I don't get is why Buckethead does not want to mentioned in the same breath as Guns N' Roses?

I mean parting is one thing, but it's not like you have to be ashamed of, huh? There's like a dozen guitar players as good or better than Buckethead who would be proud to be associated with Guns...

And when he acts like "I don't want to have anything to do with GN'R" I doubt Axl would leave his parts on the album, because it's a slap in the face not only for the band, but for the material.

So, from a logical point of view, his parts must be gone because he is gone. Or his parts stay because he never left.

But that "parts stay - player gone" doesn't make much sense to me.

It's not THAT hard to re-write guitar parts...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: