Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:58:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 398611 times)
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #4360 on: May 27, 2009, 07:44:03 AM »

Lets face it - Newcastle have been circling the drain for some time

...its surprising they weren relegayed a few seasons back

Their ?70 mill wage bill means a firesale should start any day now - suffice to say there rubbish team will be almost totally new by next season...
Probably going to Newcastle next season with the mighty Green Army!

Should be interesting to see which clubs go into admin this year.  Cardiff are surely going to implode, and Newcastle will too if they don't get rid of their high-earners.  Also Sheffield United will come unstuck and there are bound to be others.  I just hope Argyle can sort themselves out in order to take advantage.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4361 on: May 27, 2009, 08:59:15 AM »

Lets face it - Newcastle have been circling the drain for some time

...its surprising they weren relegayed a few seasons back

Their ?70 mill wage bill means a firesale should start any day now - suffice to say there rubbish team will be almost totally new by next season...
Probably going to Newcastle next season with the mighty Green Army!

Should be interesting to see which clubs go into admin this year.  Cardiff are surely going to implode, and Newcastle will too if they don't get rid of their high-earners.  Also Sheffield United will come unstuck and there are bound to be others.  I just hope Argyle can sort themselves out in order to take advantage.

As a Burnley boy who supports Newcastle is been a weird past few days.  I was hoping Newcastle would stay up so I could see them at Turf Moor next year Sad

The only slight positive in going down is it forces us to get rid of the shit that has plagued the team. (Aside from Martins, he will be missed)

Nice to see Burnley go up, my home town has been buzzing, I think they said our population is so low compared to other teams you could fit the whole of Burnley into Man Utd's stadium  hihi
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #4362 on: May 27, 2009, 09:04:56 AM »

If you come from Burnley why would you support Newcastle?  Burnley have probably won just as many trophies over the years!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4363 on: May 27, 2009, 09:26:59 AM »

If you come from Burnley why would you support Newcastle?  Burnley have probably won just as many trophies over the years!

Just a childhood thing, from a very young age I enjoyed watching Newcastle, I got the football strips, bed spreads, even had a holiday up there.  I wasn't into football as soon as all the other kids since my Dad has never liked it.  But besides wrestling all my mates liked football so I just kind of garnered an interest, I still remember crying when we lost the title on the last day of the season, especially since we had a 15 point lead.  The downfall towards the end of the season was linked to bringing in my favourite player Faustino Asprilla, and changed things in the team, despite the fact we were winning, as the saying goes if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have seen Burnley a fair few times over the years though, school trip at a very young age, season ticket holder from 14-16.  And a few years ago I even worked there, and being paid to watch them wasn't enough to keep me there, now though after many years they are actually a quality side to watch  Cheesy  I might try and get my old job back  Cool
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4364 on: May 27, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »

game of 2009 tonight
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4365 on: May 27, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »

game of 2009 tonight

Not really, Man Utd only turned up for 10 minutes. Liverpool vs Chelsea quarter final 2nd leg was miles better. Perhaps the performance of 2009 though, Barca were a different class. Iniesta and Xavi were awesome.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #4366 on: May 27, 2009, 06:16:41 PM »

game of 2009 tonight

Not really, Man Utd only turned up for 10 minutes. Liverpool vs Chelsea quarter final 2nd leg was miles better. Perhaps the performance of 2009 though, Barca were a different class. Iniesta and Xavi were awesome.

Couldn't agree more. Barca deserved the win. We could of played all night and wouldn't have scored. Just one of those nights for us. Still a great Season. Proud to be a United fan this season even if tonight didn't work out as planned

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #4367 on: May 28, 2009, 05:33:47 AM »

Good final.  Man Utd were a bit flat but it was great to see the best football team win, as all too often that doesn't happen.  They really are a class apart.  Reminded me of Spain winning the Euro's last year - that country is leading the way.  Forget all the hype about the Premiership.  Chelsea could only get close to Barca by putting 11 men on the goal line and their team if full of overpaid foreign prima-donnas anyway, how anyone who isn't from west London could like them is beyond me.

Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #4368 on: May 28, 2009, 09:59:54 AM »

Congratulations Bar?a, I was in Canaletes last night so full of people, everyone became crazy except me, I love Bar?a and of course I want them to win, but people become crazy!!!

Sorry for Manchester United supporters because it's a shame when the team you support lose, but last year Manchester won Bar?a.
Eventhough last night Manchester did well in my opinion but when Bar?a had the ball, its difficult to take it out from their feet, and having Xavi and Iniesta... have no words

Let's see what's goint to happen I hope a final Madrid vs. Bar?a in Santiago Bernabeu... It would kick everyone's ass!!!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #4369 on: May 30, 2009, 08:39:34 AM »

united needed a roy keane type player, a leader and a battler in the middle to break up barca's play.

as soon as they conceeded they looked lost.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #4370 on: June 08, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »

Real Madrid have announced they have completed the signing of Brazilian star Kaka from AC Milan on a six-year deal.

A press conference with the 27-year-old, who had been linked with Chelsea, is planned for 0100 BST on Tuesday.

The fee is reported to be ?56m, which would be a new world record in pounds, surpassing the ?45.6m Madrid paid for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

"It will be very difficult to fill the void that will be left by Kaka," said an AC Milan statement.

"[He is] a shining example of professionalism and commitment.

"AC Milan thanked the man and the great champion Kaka for his decisive contribution to the many victories achieved in the six years of his commitment."

The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) earlier said he had a medical in Recife, where Brazil face Paraguay in a World Cup qualifier on Wednesday.

A short statement on the Real site said: "He is a Real Madrid player now after an agreement was reached with AC Milan.

"The Brazilian has passed all the tests of the medical examination satisfactorily. Kaka has signed a contract with Real Madrid for the next six seasons."

The official unveiling in Madrid is unlikely to take place until the end of the month, as Kaka is in the Brazil squad for the Confederations Cup in South Africa.

Kaka is the first capture for the returning Real president Florentino Perez, who previously led the Spanish club from 2000 to 2006 - during the famous Galacticos era.

That resulted in the spending of large fees to bring the likes of Ronaldo (?23.2m), David Beckham (?24.5m), Luis Figo (?37m) and Zidane to the club.

Zidane joined Real from Juventus for a fee reported to be 73m euros in 2001.

Kaka's fee is thought to be about 65m euros, but with the fluctuation in exchange rates his fee represents the most ever paid in British terms.

Perez's comeback is on the back of a pledge to relaunch another Galacticos era, with Kaka one of his chief targets.

The Brazilian joined Milan from Sao Paolo in 2003 for just 8.5m euros and has since enjoyed great success.

In 2007 alone Milan picked up the Champions League as well as the Uefa Super Cup and the Fifa Club World Cup, whilst his Brazil side won the Confederations Cup and he was also voted the Fifa World Player Of The Year.

He has also won the Seria A title, and was part of Brazil's 2002 World Cup-winning squad.

Although under contract at the San Siro until 2013, in January Manchester City made an audacious ?100m bid, offering a reported ?500,000 a week in wages but Kaka opted to stay in Italy.

More recently he was linked with a move to Stamford Bridge, following the arrival of former Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti at Stamford Bridge.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8082147.stm
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4371 on: June 25, 2009, 12:04:02 AM »

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

how the fuck did we beat Spain

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4372 on: June 25, 2009, 12:10:08 AM »

Sheer luck.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #4373 on: June 25, 2009, 02:58:08 AM »

I didn't watch the game. How was it?

By reading a few reviews, Spain seemed to relaxed and confident at the beginning. Our midfielders couldn't create any chances really - I don't know if none were specially inspired or the US defenders were inspired themselves.

It's a great win for the US team though. Spain not only had been unbeatable for 30 + matches in a row, we had been playing great football over the past 1-2 years. No one was expecting this.

I'm sure a few US players will be signed by european clubs this or next season.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4374 on: June 28, 2009, 06:16:25 PM »

Gave this one away.

Should have been 4-2.  If you saw the game, you know what I'm talking about.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #4375 on: July 21, 2009, 01:14:22 PM »

Ignatius - what do they say in Barcelona about the eto'o/ibrahimovic deal? what do you think of it if it comes true?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #4376 on: July 24, 2009, 03:02:41 AM »

Ignatius - what do they say in Barcelona about the eto'o/ibrahimovic deal? what do you think of it if it comes true?

By reading some forums, people are happy. Ibra is one of the best strikers out there so people are excited. However, most of the posts I've read were against giving away Eto'o. The african has had three great years with Bar?a and people are thankful but his behaviour has been erratic. Everytime he's opened his mouth Laporta has peed'd on his paints.

To be honest with you, in my opinion I'd brought Villa instead. It would've been cheaper that's for sure. In addition, the spaniard has had a higher goal average over the past years so he was on my books, the perfect candidate. Having said that, Villa tends to get injured a lot, so maybe Laporta has had that in mind. I do like Ibra too though...besides, the swede is from Malm?; a city I know very well.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4377 on: July 24, 2009, 12:43:15 PM »

Is 'footie' soccer?

If so, the USA won some game yesterday beating Honduras to get into the finals!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #4378 on: July 24, 2009, 01:05:43 PM »

footie is football, the name is football, americas kind of football should be called handegg because you use your hand and the ball looks more like an egg  ok

i can't understand how laporta is thinking when he's paying inter that much money and giving away eto'o on top of that for zlatan, barca is my favourite team and zlatan among my favourite players, hope it'll be worth it, i've had my doubts but ibra have always lived almost over the expectations and he'll have much better players around him now compared to playing in inter, will be exciting seeing messi and ibra and the rest  drool
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:11:30 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4379 on: July 25, 2009, 02:46:33 AM »

Is 'footie' soccer?

If so, the USA won some game yesterday beating Honduras to get into the finals!!!

We always win the Gold Cup, but that never translates into good results at the World Cup.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: