Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:02:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 398618 times)
GNRR2003
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2002, 02:35:29 PM »

Sunderland are not pulling things together, thats only what Howard says and would have you beleive. i bet secretly he is shitting himself that they will struggle to avoid relegation. it was only a little while ago the mackems would tell you they were top dogs of the north east, my arse are they middlesborough are miles ahead of them and well we ARE TOP DOGS. Miz your thoughts   Roll Eyes
Scat
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Headliner

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2002, 03:36:36 PM »

Yea But Flo and Jeffers did cost around the same (?8m methinks) but in the space of what 10 games Flo has scored more than Jeffers has in a season and a bit! Totally pointless stat, but I think Danny you must agree Wenger must have been smoking some weed when he signed this guy!

Ameobi scores! wooohooo it must have been a bad match if got MOTM ! We're stringing some wins together now, even in Europe. We might even make it to the next stage - or at least the UEFA leper cup!.

Sunderland, can they survive the drop?

well they need:
 - a new manger
 - a keeper to cover sorenson
 - some playmakers
 - a goodamm miracle!

My top tip for going down: Aston - watching paint dry - Villa
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2002, 04:23:00 PM »

they need a fucking revamped team

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
GNRR2003
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2002, 04:50:50 PM »

the problem the mackems have is that they failed to get rid of their board. when reid went so should murray. they now have a new manager, who the fans didnt really want and nor do they appear to have faith in. their board is the same, just because murray allowed reid to go and buy two panic buys, many of the fans are off the back of the board. would a sane person really allow a bloke to spend ?10 million of his money if he knew he would be sackin him within a month, i think not.

oh well its good to see them doing so bad after the shit we put up with when we went thru our transition period following the sackin of ruud guillt.

ameobi was not man of the match and with control like his i dont think he could ever be. JJ is the boy in midfeild at ther minute, he never stops, something that the lazy french bastard on the left should hurry up and learn, or fuck off cos we cant afford to play with 10 men for 2/3 of every match. hugo viana must be given a chance ahead of speed for one simple reason hugo viana is a better player, and speed is rather shit so what he plays well for two or three games out of many and gets an automatic pick ticket every match.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2002, 04:55:22 PM by GNRR2003 » Logged
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2002, 05:48:36 PM »

I think Danny you must agree Wenger must have been smoking some weed when he signed this guy!
That, or Kanu's dick.

It'd be kinda fun putting Kanu and Jeffers in a one-on-one match, actually.  Jeffers would stay as far away from the ball as possible, and every so often Kanu would stroll up to it and roll it over his foot for a bit.  Top quality entertainment!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2002, 06:04:40 PM »

That, or Kanu's dick.

It'd be kinda fun putting Kanu and Jeffers in a one-on-one match, actually.  Jeffers would stay as far away from the ball as possible, and every so often Kanu would stroll up to it and roll it over his foot for a bit.  Top quality entertainment!

[lmao]

Funny as fuck....

By the way everyone, its a big day for the best team in Swedish football tomorrow.....IFK gothernburg are playing a very inportant match.

I dont know who against (im not that good) but its the first of two they have to play to stay in the Swedish version of the premier league.

Good luck IFK and may the force be with u. Grin

Im sure Paul Hart from Forest will send u some of the Force!!!

Axlhogg
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2002, 06:07:02 PM »

Yes, the problem is Bob Murray.  Howard Wilkinson, is a complete ass, he says the players are not fit enough.  Even if he gets them fitter, all it means, is we'll lose twice as fast.  Another problem, is that we have no keepers, we're debuting or 5th keeper tomorrow in the worthington cup, now i know Sorenson isnt on top form at the moment, but i really think we need him back.  Another problem, Phillips has absolutely no confidence whatsoever, he doesnt dare shoot, he's worse than Kanu  [wow].

Jeffers almost come to us as well, but instead he went to Arsenel, to get paid lots of money and do nothing.  I think in the long run, Flo will be a good buy (as long as we dont go down, cos then he'll probably leave, along with half our team).

Reyna is out for abouut half a season, bastard, hes like our only decent player.

And about Newcastle and Middlesborough being better than us, well  Cry

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

I don't know if soon is the word...(FYI, IT'S NOT)

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2002, 06:07:50 PM »

By the way everyone, its a big day for the best team in Swedish football tomorrow.....IFK gothernburg are playing a very inportant match.

I dont know who against (im not that good) but its the first of two they have to play to stay in the Swedish version of the premier league.

Good luck IFK and may the force be with u. Grin

Axlhogg

It sure is important!!!!!!!! I'm so fuckin' [nervous] Unfortunately I can't travel to Gothenburg tomorrow, but hopefully I'll travel and watch the 2nd leg on sunday!

FORZA BL?VITT!!!!!!!!!!

So I send this song to the offended...
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2002, 06:27:30 PM »

Good luck IFK.  I dont know very much about them, except that they beat Arsenal once, which means i like them.

I thought of another problem we have, its called Kevin Kilbane.

And Mick McCarthy resigned!!  This, i feel is entirely Roy Keanes fault, who is a big pooh.  But what i dont understand, is why we didnt get McCarthy, instead of Howard Wilkinson. Sad

Anybody got any thoughts on McCarthy's resignation?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Scat
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2002, 06:43:30 AM »

i thought djurgdens have just won the swede champioship? First time in yonks apparantly

Ur so right about letting Reid spank ?10m if he was going to get the sack. An absolute waste just to please fans. Stewart is awful, and years ago people thought England should cap him!

Kanuuuuuuuuuu goood at skills shite at everything else. Jeffers must be living it up in London, getting 20 grand a week for doing nothing. Must be a fat bastard by now!!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2002, 05:04:33 PM »

Mwuhahahaha, we won a game!!! [wow]  Granted, it was in the worthington cup and against a not full strength Arsenal team (only one or two first team players for us too), but we still scored more than we conceded, which is very rare nowadays, as you may have noticed.
Anyway Jeffers played and scored, so he is still alive.  Kanu, scored too, which shows our defence was crap, but not as bad as the Arse's.  DTH  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 06, 2002, 05:07:29 PM by Miz » Logged

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2002, 08:15:35 AM »

Wait, Kanu and Jeffers both scored?! Shocked

I thought Pires got one...

Congrats, though the reason I never bothered checking the scorers was because I couldn't give two shites about the Micky Mouse Cup.  Still, we've now lost 5 out of 6, so... [crying]
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2002, 03:53:48 PM »

Who saw the stupidest 5 sport quotes this season in the Mirror:

1/ I think my team will go all season unbeaten - Arsene Wenger (start of season)

2/ I think we will bounce back from this defeat and beat Auxere on Wednesday - Arsene Wenger (after Everton Defeat)

3/ I am not worried about the two defeats we have a home match today against Blackburn. It will be hard but i think we will win - Arsene Wenger (Just before losing to Blackburn)

4/ Now we have got the win we needed we can now get back on track and win some matches - Arsene Wenger (After Fulham Match)

5/ I think my reserves can win the Worthington Cup - Arsene Wenger (before losing to Sunderland in the Cup)

Nice one Arsene....... Great stuff. Well ast least he aint whinging.

I think its great that so many teams are out i really hope a Nationwide side wins it this year.

STH (DTH) what has happened to The Arse they have lost 5 in 6 not good news my friend.

Magicmiz i think Howard Wilkinson is a idiot but two draws and a win in last three aint bad.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2002, 04:51:29 PM »

It's all about confidence and rhythm, and right now the Arse have got none of it.  This team's grown used to winning and being the best in the league, we're not comfortable with not getting our own way, and scrapping out for wins (which upsets me greatly, cause that's what the Arse used to be all about).

And yeah, those were pretty lame quotes, especially the first one (which I knew was rediculous from the start).
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2002, 05:00:09 PM »

Magicmiz i think Howard Wilkinson is a idiot but two draws and a win in last three aint bad.

I agree, Wilkinson is an idiot, i think almost everyone in the country can see that, except maybe Bob Murray.  Obviously, if we start winning, then i'll have had faith in him from the start.  Wink

GNRR2003
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2002, 05:38:05 PM »

I agree, Wilkinson is an idiot, i think almost everyone in the country can see that, except maybe Bob Murray.  Obviously, if we start winning, then i'll have had faith in him from the start.  Wink

they are both idiots and that was my previous point, many sunderland fans dont see that but murray let reid spend ?10 million and i really defy anyone to say he wasnt planning on sacking reid. ah anyway thats by the  by i just hope the mediocracy at sunderland continues for a long time to come  [yes]
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2002, 05:49:41 PM »

Yeah, people knew he was going, months before he did, they were saying he would go at the start of international fornight.  It seems to me, that the only reason he let reid spend all that money, was to keep the fans quiet, which is stupid....
Oh well, its a bit late now, dont worry GNRR2003, we'll be winning again soon with good ole' howard at the helm [no]
I mean surely we can beat totenham on saturday Undecided

Gandalf
aka Cindy
Opening Act

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2002, 05:31:13 PM »

I hope Birmingham get relegated.

I hope David Sullivan goes bust.

Any Spurs fans know anything about Ian Hillier?He good? He as good the silver Solva sliver Simon Davies?

Any Man Utd. fans know anything about Ramon Caliste?

Russian linesman bloke from the 1966 World Cup Final, your boys took a hell of a beating!
Scat
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2002, 06:36:40 PM »

Howard Wilkinson is a crap manager, any sane Sunderland must have been pissed off when they heard the news.

I read an article in the Mail ages ago where he documents the week leading up to the match with Finland where England drew 0 - 0. As King Kev had quit he had to take over and he genuinely thought that result was good and was chuffed with his work.

As an England fan I had never been more miserable after that game.

I think England were playing dicks like Ray Parlour in that match

Sunderland beat Spurs - could do, Spurs aint that good, apart from Keller and Keane.

I dont understand what has happened with Arsenal  [hihi] Things like that just happen I guess
-Ville-
Opening Act

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2002, 07:07:41 AM »

That Wayne Rooney guy, does anyone know how tall he is and how much he weight. I consider myself quite big for my age(17) but he looks even bigger and much older.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: