Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:32:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 398642 times)
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2002, 08:49:23 AM »

I think England were playing dicks like Ray Parlour in that match
Razor's not as bad as he looks.  I used to hate him, he goes through good spells and bad spells.  Sure, there are more bad than good, but when he was being picked for England he was doing pretty well.  Ugly bugger, though.

Speaking of which, is anyone else uncomfortable with having such a hediously ugly new England star coming through?  If Roony does ever become England's best player, all the other countries will be laughing at us! [crying]
GNRR2003
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2002, 09:20:10 AM »

40 minutes till showdown, come on newcastle!

man city 3 man u 1  [rofl]  
GNRR2003
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2002, 06:46:49 PM »

bastards! well beaten we were not too good, i am fuckin sick to death off speed gettin auto pick every fuckin game, he is fuckin shit and our best midfield would be:

robert     viana    dyer/jenas    solano

as robert is out replace him with bernard, not viana he tried that already and it didnt work, viana likes to be more involved.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2002, 07:00:43 PM »

Dear God, not only did we win a game, but we played well?!  There was something very wrong with that game...

Bergkamp looked fantastic at the start, then disappeared a bit.  Henry was excellent, but still can't finish for shit.  Viera was wonderful, I think him being missing was a big part of our rubbish form of late.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2002, 01:11:56 PM »

Sunderland 2 - 0 Tottenham  [yes]

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2002, 05:09:14 PM »

Come on Used Illusions, you must have something to say on Sundays result?  Grin

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
GNRR2003
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2002, 03:21:26 PM »

havent been on for a few days, been recovering off the shear excitement of wednesday night! and we have been rewarded with another tough yet very exciting group.

geordies in the champions league, geordies in the champions league.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2002, 04:27:20 PM »

Champ League Groups:

Man Utd
Juventus
Basle
Deportivo

Hard group but i think that UTD can get in the top two. I can see it going down to the final game.

Arsenal
Roma
Ajax
Valencia

A f***ing tough group for Arsenal..... I mean Everyone will beat Ajax at Home but Away Ajax can turn anyone over.

Valencia are the best team in the competition for me so far. Valencia vs Arsenal at Highbury will be a classic IMO.

I see Valencia winning the group and Arsenal Going through second.

Newcastle
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Bayer Leverkusen

Ok i think this is probally the best group Newcastle could hope for.

I mean Leverkusen are off form and can be beaten home and away.

Barcelona have been good in Europe but crap in spain and if attacked can buckle..... although a win in the Nou Camp is probally a step too far.

I see Inter Milan winning the Group and Barcelona or Newcastle going through in second place....... . . I think alot depends on who gets 6 points off leverkusen coz i think all other teams will trade points.

Real Madrid
AC Milan
Moscow
Dortmuand

Well to me AC and Real Madrid must be jumping for joy...... I think Dortmand are pretty lame and i'd be suprised if they get more than 6 points.

Moscow are out of their season and definatly out of their league and they are by far the worst team in the competetion.

I see AC Milan Winning it and Real coming in second

What does everyone else think?

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2002, 05:50:22 PM »

Man Utd
Juventus
Basle
Deportivo
Man U will be fine with that, I reakon.  It should be either them or Juve winning, and then the other team coming second.  Deportivo can be very good, but I think they're very beatable unless you underestimate them, which Man U won't do.

Arsenal
Roma
Ajax
Valencia
Oh...good...

Valencia will win the group.  They were in a completely different league to Liverpool, and they can outclass the Arse too.  It should be between us and Roma for second spot, but i'm not sure how good Roma are these days.  I take it they're better than they were two years ago (ie, very good, but perfectly beatable)?  Ajax are exactly the kind of team that can catch Arsenal off-guard.

Newcastle
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Bayer Leverkusen
Not a bad group for Newcastle, but they won't go through (sorry GNRR2003).  Barca should finish first (won every game in the group stages), with Inter coming second.  Newcastle should get through Leverkusen easily enough.

Real Madrid
AC Milan
Moscow
Dortmuand
Easy one.  AC and Real going through, and toss a coin over which team will finish first.  Moscow and Dortmund won't have a chance.

Prediction for the end:  AC Milan have a chance.  Obviously Real, and I think Barca, Valencia and Man U could all have a good shot at it.  My money's on Barca...just.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2002, 06:00:35 PM »

Arsenal
Roma
Ajax
Valencia
Oh...good...

Valencia will win the group.  They were in a completely different league to Liverpool, and they can outclass the Arse too.  It should be between us and Roma for second spot, but i'm not sure how good Roma are these days.  I take it they're better than they were two years ago (ie, very good, but perfectly beatable)?  Ajax are exactly the kind of team that can catch Arsenal off-guard.

Prediction for the end:  AC Milan have a chance.  Obviously Real, and I think Barca, Valencia and Man U could all have a good shot at it.  My money's on Barca...just.

First of all i love your optimisim for your own team [ok]

I predict a Valencia - Arsenal Final with Valencia winning..... they and Real Madrid are the only three that have a chance IMO

[/color]

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2002, 02:50:47 PM »

That was me on a good day!

Generally I think that the Arse have got an excellent team together, but I can't see them consistently beating teams like Real, Valencia, Barca and Milan (either one).  Maybe when they've got a bit more experience, but I just can't see it happening now.

On the other hand:  YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS! [yes]
Scat
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Headliner

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2002, 03:35:32 PM »

Firstly: well done to Newcastle, for doing the impossible. I honestly thought we had booked our exit after the first 3 games.  Now I don't really care how we do, all I want is for the boys to show Europe that we're here. We aint going to win it, but we're not there to make up the numbers.

The draw is jammy - how did Arsenal get the group of death!

Man Utd
Juventus
Basle
Deportivo

Interesting group, 3 teams with a chance. Juve don't really look bothered by anything. They are a lazy team who rely on their reputation to get them by (thats how we beat them - they thought it would be a walkover). Man Utd slip up too often, leaving Deportivo to take first

1. Deportivo
2. Man Utd
3. Juve
4. Basle

Arsenal
Roma
Ajax
Valencia

Group o' death. Dunno how this will end up. Valencia are certs, but the other 3 are in it. Roma are not that good, like Juve they are a lazy team, easy to beat away.  Arsenal will be back on song by then as the Spurs result has shown, so they can beat anyone. Ajax are weak in places, but at home like danny says they are good.

1. Valencia
2. Arsenal
3. Ajax
4. Roma

Newcastle
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Bayer Leverkusen

Not the worst group possible. I mean we are good enough, definiately can push for second. Barca this season are amazing, domesticly they are poor but in Europe they are good. Saviola is a legend and I am going to do everything possible to get tickets for the game. Inter are a good team, solid and good attacking, they will think they can take the group. Bayer are weak after the summer exodus, they will foot the table.

1. Barca
2. Inter
3. Newcastle (sorry gnr2003 - but realistically thinking)
4. Bayer

Real Madrid
AC Milan
Moscow
Dortmuand

Well this is a formality already. Big Ron and co will wrap up this group without any problems. Rivaldo's boys of course will be following. How have Locomotive Moscow got this far? And Dortmund are shit anyway, Auxerre deserve to be there instead.

1. Real
2. Milan
3. Dortmund
4. Loco
GNRR2003
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2002, 06:11:28 AM »

dont worry i dont think we have a massive chance of qualifying. in all fairness, who honstly thought we'd get this? there were doubts we'd even get to the group stage, and this has just shown how well Sir Bobby has done for this club, we have never qualified for the second stage!

however our team is full of young kids with massive potential, they will want tp prove themselves, i do think we have a chance, maybe not a huge chance but i think it all depends on how well  we travel because at home we can beat anyone, well we'll soon see if this is still the case.

man u will win their group, juve second. valecia and arsenal will go through. cant see real and ac having any probs in their group, which leaves our group, well i think barca will win the group, and second will prob be inter but hopefully it will be us  [nervous]
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2002, 03:32:50 PM »

MAN U.... WTF we have got to go on a unbelievable run.

[/color]

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2002, 07:32:27 AM »

Nice weekend for the Arse there. [ok]

One thing I want a few opinions on:  I'm the first to admit that the red card for the Spurs player on satarday was rediculous.  I've always hated Mike Riley, and it's dumbass decisions like that which causes it.  What I wanna know, though, is whether you think Ashley Cole dived for the first booking.  Me and a friend have been discussing this lots (he's a bitter Spurs fan).

I definately don't think it was a dive.  He jumped to get out of the way, and got up straight away (even when the referee delayed blowing his whistle by quite a bit).
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2002, 08:48:00 AM »

I was watching Goals On Sunday and Matt Le Tissier was on it.....

He said he has seen Ashley Cole do that an awful lot, in fairness though i do believe that he thought Simon Davies was gonna plow through him so he jumped to evade the inevitable....

Unfortunately the inevitable did not happen and Ashley Cole got straight to his feet.

Anyways it turns out that the card has been retracted for that foul and subsequently no suspension.

The thing that bothers me is this:-

Would Tottenham of had a better chance of staying in the game if he had stayed on the field?

Its all very well that he retracted the card but could has he cost Tottenham a football match and points?

This we will never know, at the end of the day Arsenal annialated them and showed some of the best football ive seen for a long time, the passing the teamwork, workrate and unselfishness was superb.

On a side note Forest are now 11 games unbeated in  Division 1 after a 3:0 win against Bradford.....

David Johnson racking up his 100th league goal.

DJ,DJ,DJ,DJ.

Axlhogg
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

I don't know if soon is the word...(FYI, IT'S NOT)

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2002, 08:50:16 AM »

Damn...Goaless against Sunderland...we should REALLY, REALLY scored at least twice with the amount of chances we had... [rant]

So I send this song to the offended...
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2002, 08:56:44 AM »

Is it me or is Steven Gerrard being forced out of Liverpool.

The last thing a manager wants to do to boost a players moral is critisize him in public....

Yeah hes not having the best of times at the moment and his form is below average, but you dont speak out against your players in public, especially one of the best in the Country.

I think that incident could mean the departure of either Gerrad(Steven) or Gerrard Houllier?

Just a quick question how long did Marcus Babell Last?

Axlhogg
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2002, 10:00:15 AM »

He said he has seen Ashley Cole do that an awful lot
I don't think he dives.  He's a dirty bugger, and shouts at players a lot, but i've never seen him dive.

And if Gerrard's leaving Liverpool, we'll be happy to take him.  Not sure where he'd fit in (we've got a few too many midfielders) but i'm sure we could make room for him!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2002, 10:51:40 AM »

Forest would be more than willing to take him as well im sure!! Wink

Only thing is our midfield is so damn good he would have to settle for the Reserves. Cheesy

I think Man UTD wouldtake him in exchange for Nicky Butt and 10 million!!

Axlhogg
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: