Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:58:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 404040 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3720 on: January 26, 2007, 12:04:38 PM »

You dont consider the sad reality Robinson conceeds more goals from outside the box than any other Premiership keeper 'embarrasing'?

No, and I think that if you read too much into statistics then you are a fool.

You're unlikely to find it, but what if Robinson has also faced more shots from outside of the box (if you can that would be cool, I'm more interested in his ratio of shots saved thank you very much Smiley, because that's what really matters, you know), or rather more 'quality' strikes from outside of the box?

As I said, statistics mean little.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3721 on: January 29, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »

You dont consider the sad reality Robinson conceeds more goals from outside the box than any other Premiership keeper 'embarrasing'?

No, and I think that if you read too much into statistics then you are a fool.

You're unlikely to find it, but what if Robinson has also faced more shots from outside of the box (if you can that would be cool, I'm more interested in his ratio of shots saved thank you very much Smiley, because that's what really matters, you know), or rather more 'quality' strikes from outside of the box?

er?

If we were talking about the type of food cats like then maybe - but stats in football can tell you a huge deal

...and you know that, so dont be awkward

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3722 on: January 29, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »

^^ i dont think anyone who supports liverpool can call anyones elses goalkeeper embarrasing

Well you just dont think, period

Start watching football.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #3723 on: January 29, 2007, 02:50:03 PM »

I saw a set of stats on Friday which said that Christiano Ronaldo was the most effective attacking player in the Premiership. Pretty tricky to discount those.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #3724 on: January 29, 2007, 05:32:35 PM »

^^ i dont think anyone who supports liverpool can call anyones elses goalkeeper embarrasing

Well you just dont think, period

Start watching football.

i just find it funny considering the flops that liverpool have in goals that theyr fans slag of other teams goalkeepers, im sure most people would agree
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #3725 on: January 29, 2007, 07:41:11 PM »

I saw a set of stats on Friday which said that Christiano Ronaldo was the most effective attacking player in the Premiership. Pretty tricky to discount those.

And yay!, a man of logic:

if stats say that Christiano Ronaldo is the most effective attacking player in the Premiership, and we assume that stats are right in as far as they are meant to be, then Christiano Ronaldo is the most effective attacking player in the Premiership.

Hence,

if stats say that Robinson has let in more goals from outside the area than any other keeper in the Premiership, and we assume that stats are right in as far as they are meant to be, then Robbo is the, err... I mean, he is a, err... Bad, you know. Goalie.

Come on Izzy, (and I'm the awkward one), you know what I meant; stats can say a lot, but that doesn't mean that by definition they do! I've seen stats and figures that support Blair's government as being a riproaring success alongside those that claim it to have been a shambles. So, what? It all falls down and logic is no more! It's all about how you look at it, where you're reading it and who wrote it, and that is always going to be the case when you use an insignificant fact in terms of the bigger picture.

Though, if either of you happen to be red top readers (my money's on the Judge), then check out any of the dream team leagues. I'm quite certain that Robbo ain't made too poor a showing of himself, points wise, this season.

But hey. What does that mean.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #3726 on: January 30, 2007, 12:21:17 PM »

Oh can't you talk about something else? If he's good or crap, it really doesn't matter, the only fact is, there's noone better to replace him in the England goal

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #3727 on: January 31, 2007, 07:28:47 AM »

raises a fin....

...my grandad was born in newcastle. i could do a better job.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3728 on: January 31, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »

Come on Izzy, (and I'm the awkward one), you know what I meant; stats can say a lot, but that doesn't mean that by definition they do! I've seen stats and figures that support Blair's government as being a riproaring success alongside those that claim it to have been a shambles.

read again....

If we were talking about the type of food cats like then maybe - but stats in football can tell you a huge deal

Paul Robsinson is a poor keeper,  the stats say so and simply watching the matches says so too

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3729 on: January 31, 2007, 08:46:22 AM »

i just find it funny considering the flops that liverpool have in goals that theyr fans slag of other teams goalkeepers, im sure most people would agree

er...how many clean sheets did Reina have last season?

Get. A. Clue

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #3730 on: January 31, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »

er...how many clean sheets did Reina have last season?

Get. A. Clue

clean sheets means a good defence, the goald he scored against everton this season is just an example of the many stupid things he does

shay given is one of the best goalkeepers in the word, yet he hardly keeps many cleansheets because of the dummys playing infront of him  ok
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #3731 on: January 31, 2007, 05:17:49 PM »

Though, if either of you happen to be red top readers (my money's on the Judge), then check out any of the dream team leagues. I'm quite certain that Robbo ain't made too poor a showing of himself, points wise, this season.

But hey. What does that mean.

You sir, are a dumbass; I read The Times.

I would suggest you start to follow netball as you quite obviously know nothing about football. ok

2-0 and you f**ked it up. hihi

Arsene's Adolescent N5 Naives have made your first team and manager look pathetically stupid. rofl

You need to score goals and you leave Lennon on the bench? rofl

Give Peace A Chance...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #3732 on: February 01, 2007, 01:55:27 PM »

Arsene's Adolescent N5 Naives have made your first team and manager look pathetically stupid. rofl

You need to score goals and you leave Lennon on the bench? rofl

Oh, aye, nobody on the pitch by the end ever gets a run out for the front side............ I noticed, urm, Henry missing! There's one... Maybe there were a couple more.....

As for not knowing anything about football, one thing I do know is that we didn't leave Lennon on the bench, Chuckles. It turned out that he was too ill to play moments before kick off, too late to register a replacement substitute. Come on now, get a clue if we're going to talk in facts.

Also, come on mate, about the red top thing, get a sense of humour. Besides, I actually was trying to illustrate a point, and seeing as it now seems apparant that you're not going to be musing over The Sun with your breakfast tomorrow, I did the research for you myself:

↓Code↓*     ↓Player↓     ↓Club↓     ↓Value↓     ↓Points↓
001    Lehmann    Arsenal    ?5.0m    62
004    Almunia    Arsenal    ?1.0m    15
007    Sorensen    Aston Villa    ?3.0m    55
010    Friedel    Blackburn    ?4.5m    102
013    Jaaskelainen    Bolton    ?4.5m    97
016    Andersen (N/A)    Charlton Athletic    ?1.0m    0
019    Myhre    Charlton Athletic    ?2.0m    10
022    Cech    Chelsea    ?5.5m    50
025    Cudicini    Chelsea    ?2.0m    38
028    R Wright    Everton    ?1.0m    -2
031    Howard    Everton    ?2.5m    80
034    Warner (N/A)    Fulham    ?1.0m    -2
037    Niemi    Fulham    ?3.5m    35
040    Reina    Liverpool    ?5.0m    87
043    Carson    Liverpool    ?1.0m    70
046    Van der Sar    Manchester United    ?5.0m    84
049    James    Manchester City    ?3.0m    105
050    Isaksson    Manchester City    ?2.5m    -2
052    Schwarzer    Middlesbrough    ?3.0m    44
055    Given    Newcastle United    ?3.5m    40
058    S Harper    Newcastle United    ?1.0m    47
061    Ashdown    Portsmouth    ?1.0m    0
064    Kiely N/A)    Portsmouth    ?2.5m    3
067    Hahnemann    Reading    ?2.0m    49
070    Kenny    Sheff Utd    ?1.5m    58
073    P Robinson    Tottenham    ?4.0m    94
076    Foster    Watford    ?1.5m    60
079    Carroll    West Ham    ?2.5m    1
080    Green    West Ham    ?2.0m    28
082    Kirkland    Wigan    ?2.5m    52
085    Filan    Wigan    ?2.0m    0

link: http://www.dreamteamfc.com/fg-dtfc06/login.do

oh, and appologies for the format being fucked up, but I can't be bothered to sort that out when it's still perfectly understandable... ish.

As I said before, it doesn't mean that much, what with games played and the like, but bear in mind that points are still done on performances (and the Sun (which I do read occasionally for it's sports coverage, despite your bias bastard Gooner editing) is usually pretty accurate when marking players out of ten) and goals conceeded... so it is at least reflecting something... Certainly with more accuracy and merit than judging a goalkeeper by how many goals he has let in from outside the area.

Robbo's only 11 points behind James, when James is clearly having the season of his life (save his usual blunders, of course) alongside Robbo's sub par season... Which is pretty telling. Also, because players get points based on their ratings (how they played) you can see that the quality keepers have more points than those with a solid defence in front of them; rewarding the goalkeeper, not the defence, you see? Aye.

Oh can't you talk about something else? If he's good or crap, it really doesn't matter, the only fact is, there's noone better to replace him in the England goal

No. Ever chatted football in a pub?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #3733 on: February 01, 2007, 02:05:41 PM »

i dont think its done on performances, is it not more: goals scored, assists, bookings, clean sheets, full appearances??

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #3734 on: February 01, 2007, 02:10:32 PM »

No. It's like, a certain number of points if you get a 7 (out of ten) and then some more points if you are the Star Man. Trust me. Some of the more complex leagues (usually the online ones) go by assists, but I know that the Sun definitely didn't last year. It does bookings as well, and goals scored of course, but that usually doesn't apply much to goalkeepers..........
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:14:07 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #3735 on: February 03, 2007, 10:57:23 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6326513.stm

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has suspended all matches indefinitely after a policeman was killed at a Serie A match between Catania and Palermo.

Officer Filippo Raciti died as violence flared during the Sicilian derby.

The FIGC has called off all this weekend's professional and amateur games, and also cancelled Italy's friendly with Romania on Wednesday.

Commissioner Luca Pancalli said: "What we're witnessing has nothing to do with soccer, so Italian soccer is stopping."

According to reports, 38-year-old Raciti was struck in the face by a small explosive while attempting to deal with fighting outside the stadium.

He was taken to hospital but died from his injuries.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3736 on: February 04, 2007, 07:28:05 AM »

expect those clubs to get a banning an a half

Bizarrely Italian ideas of justice are to ignore those involved and punish someonebody standing near by i.e official at clubs misbehaving - so punish the clubs

In this case the poor clubs will be banned for the acts of professional hooligans....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #3737 on: February 04, 2007, 07:41:12 AM »

theyr talking about suspending football for a year, that would be the end of football in italy, if theres no games they have no income, no tv money, players arent going to hang around if they cant play football itd be a disaster
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #3738 on: February 04, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6327655.stm

Football may be back in 2 weeks, but in front of empty stadiums.

Give Peace A Chance...
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #3739 on: February 04, 2007, 10:52:03 AM »

Italian football is a fucking disgrace !  The supporters, the officials, the ugly dirty games, etc

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: