Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:29:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 80587 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2004, 04:53:20 PM »

The Rio version is one of the worst versions of "The Blues", at least for Axl's vocals. It is cool at a faster tempo, but I think the slower tempo works too, and I like the slower version more actually. Its a ballad, it should be filled with a lot of keyboards and in my opinion, the American Tour version is better. Axl's vocals are so much better there than at Rio. There's a lot more feeling in the way he sings it on that tour then at Rio. I say keep the slower version, it has better vocals, like I said, and it has a better feel for a ballad.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2004, 05:01:06 PM »

For me it is not a ballad ans should not be. It is a blues-Rock song, with a blues-rock tempo. Endly I prefer much more Axl vocals on Rio version that on any US Tour bootlegs.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 05:03:50 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2004, 05:01:25 PM »

I love the Blues, but whatever he releases as his first single better be something better than that. To be honest, the song sounds like nothing we wouldn't have heard during the Illusions, and if its going to take 13 or so years to release an album of new material and take about 10 different line-ups to get there, I am expecting a more revolutionary product than the Blues, regardless of how good a song it is. I would think at this point every GNR fan on this board feels the same.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2004, 05:13:53 PM »

the blues is an excellent song but its not single material. Escpecially for the comeback. the blues,maddy and cd are all excellent songs but they are songs that help make an album great. They are the little gems that arent supposed to be hits, yet they are so great. Taht is why i do not worry about the material on cd. Its gonan be a special album. I just wish gnr could shut everyone up already. But for whatver reason its nto out yet...

gnr single, especially the first one has to be an all out rocker thats catchy. Something that can appeal to everyone.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2004, 05:15:53 PM »

I love the Blues, but whatever he releases as his first single better be something better than that. To be honest, the song sounds like nothing we wouldn't have heard during the Illusions, and if its going to take 13 or so years to release an album of new material and take about 10 different line-ups to get there, I am expecting a more revolutionary product than the Blues, regardless of how good a song it is. I would think at this point every GNR fan on this board feels the same.

I couldn't disagree with you more.  If Chinese Democracy had 16 tracks comparable to the quality of The Blues, it would be the greatest album ever, just my opinion Naupis.
So no, not every fan at this site feels like you do.

In terms of Rio or '02 Tour tempo...tempo I don't mind either way...just give me feelings and emotion.  I personally prefer The Blues from the later '02 Tour shows...to me it is a 10 out of 10.  Rio version is 9.9 out of 10 for me.
They all kick ass!!!!!!!!!   love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2004, 05:23:24 PM »

I think the first single should be as strong as Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City: a song you cannot forget. Even people who don't like the band anymore or listen to other musical genres still remember the lyrics to those songs today. To me that's pretty amazing.

kockstar99
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2004, 05:51:08 PM »

I think the first single should be as strong as Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City: a song you cannot forget. Even people who don't like the band anymore or listen to other musical genres still remember the lyrics to those songs today. To me that's pretty amazing.
me too...

I dont like the Rio Version coz i had to listen to other boots for along time to get that god damn part where he said  "Ok Never Mind" out of my head and stop thinking it was part of the song.....
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2004, 06:39:17 PM »

me too...

I dont like the Rio Version coz i had to listen to other boots for along time to get that god damn part where he said  "Ok Never Mind" out of my head and stop thinking it was part of the song.....

The first time I heard this song was on video, and I always thought "Ok never mind" was part of the song. It didn't sound too bad! Grin

Anyway the version they play in Toronto kicks ass!

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Evolution
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2004, 06:49:06 PM »

i love the tempo at rio but the oh-oh-oh parts at the end are pretty poor whereas on the 02 tour they were fantastic so a best of both worlds version on cd would have me hooked but i do agree the 1st single needs to be catchy,explosive and hard hitting
BenDrinking
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2004, 07:32:57 PM »

me too...

Hey, I have always wonder about that "Ok, Nevermind" part on the RIR version of "The Bluse". Does anyone know what happened?? Why did Axl say "Ok. Nevermind" in the middle of "The Bluse"?? Did Axl mess up?? That's what I alway thought happened. Does anyone know for sure what happened??

And by the way, "The Bluse" is my favorite "new GNR" song. It has a very UYI feel to it.

Ben  
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2004, 07:36:21 PM »

I dont know what was wrong. Maybe he was talking to someone in the back, or maybe he thought the band was playing the wrong part of the song or something.

But I think the 1st single should be a rocker that is heavy, and very catchy.
kockstar99
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2004, 08:00:04 PM »

He was trying to get one of his stage hands to come out and attach his Wireless Earpice reciver to his pants and help him string up his back so he could put it in his ear... The stage hand wasnt coming to help even when Axl motioned for him to come help him... so he just told the guy "Ok Never mind!"  watch Dizzy you can see him laughing...
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2004, 08:34:05 PM »

It would make a super-great single, but with all the anticipation, people will hard a hard rocker. I prefer the newer version of it, for a few reasons: Fortus on the guitar is just soamazing, Pittman's synths take it to the next leve, and Finck's solo is nothing short of brilliant. Also, with a slower tempo, the entire song seems more souful and heartfelt.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2004, 08:42:09 PM »

Ive never heard the blues but I'm really bored so I felt like writing here. any one want to talk to me? Im me please. I'm so bored.

IM an earth goddess
kockstar99
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2004, 08:46:09 PM »

Ive never heard the blues but I'm really bored so I felt like writing here. any one want to talk to me? Im me please. I'm so bored.

you have never heard "The Blues"??  you have to hear this song!!!! Its an amazing song and if its not one of axls "Big Guns" i cant wait to hear the music he has locked up just waiting to kick ass!!!

you must download the blues...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2004, 08:48:46 PM »

it has to be a single, eventually after they release all the singles of CD they'll say fuck it, one more quick single, THE BLUES!!!
We are suppost to be used to the slow version n' when we hear it live it'll be slightly faster IMO.

Slower version works all the way

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2004, 12:37:35 AM »

He was trying to get one of his stage hands to come out and attach his Wireless Earpice reciver to his pants and help him string up his back so he could put it in his ear... The stage hand wasnt coming to help even when Axl motioned for him to come help him... so he just told the guy "Ok Never mind!"  watch Dizzy you can see him laughing...

Take a better look at the video:
..the earpice thing was when he sang the "you know I've tried so hard to make you" part..
..after the "..that?s bittersweet that's called the blues" part he started pointing to the piano asking his crew to turn its volume down... no one seemed to understand him... he got pissed of and said "Ok never mind!"... Dizzy laughs...

Anyway... OK Never mind!

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2004, 08:51:50 PM »

Im pretty sure "The Blues" was about Stephanie Seymour, and hoping this song wins her back (Rolling Stone article in 2000 said Axl believes they have 15 past lives together, and still likes her). But the interesting part of the song is when Axl says "and i didnt mean to beat you" then the long drawn out cry, is that Axl always publicly denied beating Stephanie or anyone else.

I think its a standup thing for Axl to do. "The Blues" has alot of heart which is missing from alot of music today. But im not sure if Axl plans on ever releasing this song, mostly because some people might think it is desperate of him singing about a relationship that ended one decade ago. Also because Stephanie has been married to a billionare since 95. Im curious what she thinks of Axl after hearing this..maybe its got her reconsidering??
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2004, 09:11:50 PM »

and i didnt mean to beat you

he never says that in the song...

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2004, 09:24:28 PM »

I just searched the lyrics on google, and it says "i only wanna be you" But i swear in the live bootleg i have, he didnt say that. Maybe live he said "i didnt mean to be you" but he clearly said "i didnt mean to" something. Oh well. I still think its about Stephanie Seymour.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: