Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:40:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 80624 times)
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #480 on: August 29, 2006, 01:51:40 PM »

I like the "new" Blues.  The guitar lick they took out wasn't terribly melodic and didn't fit the song.  Interestingly enough, I remember one review of the "leaks" also reviewed a live clip of the Blues from 2002 and totally trashed that guitar lick as well.  I know it's highly unlikely, but I wonder if Axl was reading....

As for BH, I'm 99.9% sure he's on the 2002 leaks.  The guitar solo in Better, for instance, uses a kill switch effect at the end, which is what BH has built into his guitar if I'm not mistaken.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #481 on: August 29, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »

I like the "new" Blues.? The guitar lick they took out wasn't terribly melodic and didn't fit the song.? Interestingly enough, I remember one review of the "leaks" also reviewed a live clip of the Blues from 2002 and totally trashed that guitar lick as well.? I know it's highly unlikely, but I wonder if Axl was reading....

As for BH, I'm 99.9% sure he's on the 2002 leaks.? The guitar solo in Better, for instance, uses a kill switch effect at the end, which is what BH has built into his guitar if I'm not mistaken.

BH is on the leaks its def him on better and twat. He is not on CITR tho.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #482 on: August 29, 2006, 04:33:17 PM »

Yes Buckethead is on the leaks (exept catcher in the Rye).  For me the best guitar solos are the Robin's ones. Especially the 1st TWAT solo, the new IRS solo (only live) and the Better outro solo. Also Richard will play some leads on the album but we still haven't heard his contribution for the moment. So there is still another weapon on guitar to come... the NYC guy...could be the best one? ok
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:35:36 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #483 on: August 29, 2006, 04:34:28 PM »

Yes Buckethead is on the leaks (exept catcher in the Rye). But for me the best guitar solos are the Robin's ones. Especially the 1st TWAT solo, the new IRS solo (only live) and the Better outro solo. Also Richard will play some leads on the album but we still haven't heard his contribution for the moment. So there is still another weapon on guitar... could be the best one.... ok

exactly.. agree fully
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #484 on: August 29, 2006, 04:36:55 PM »

I respect the points made here, I love the 02 version, haven't had a decent 06 version to listen to (high Quality)  nd who knows what the version will be like on CD but I was just thinking if there are so many oponions with good and bad points made.

Now...

Can you guy's imagine the Shit storm on this message board the day of release and the following days, It's gonna be insane.

Who knows they could release completly different versions from the versions we have been accustomed to, I wouldn't be suprised at all. One thing for sure all the versions are and will be AWSOME! : ?smoking ? ?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #485 on: August 29, 2006, 04:39:04 PM »

I remember 4tus sounded killer at the Paris show, his guitar tone was really powerfull when he played leads. He sounded like ZZ Top peace

Anyway, I like the new version of "the blues" way better than the 2002 version (boooooooring), it's better without the keyboards all along the song (just in the outro), it sounds more natural, less overproduced, but it's still not as great as the Rio 2001 version (best tempo ever). The Rio 2001 version is a masterpiece.
However, the last part is fantastic. I was blown away when I heard the last part live. Powerfull. "the Blues" would make a very successfull single.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:47:52 PM by nesquick » Logged

hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #486 on: August 29, 2006, 04:44:57 PM »

did you guys notice that they added some acoustic guitars to the intro?

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #487 on: August 29, 2006, 04:46:16 PM »

did you guys notice that they added some acoustic guitars to the intro?

Yes, and it sounds good. Cool

hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #488 on: August 29, 2006, 04:48:17 PM »

yeah it's much better than without..shame you cant here them in the sounboard from RockamRing

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #489 on: August 29, 2006, 04:52:42 PM »

Hahaha dude the guittar riff at the beginning just before axl started singing, was Robin not BH,bucket was on the accustic guittar..

frankly i don't care who played it.  it was awsome b4, no guitar made it worst. i think it shows the band is lacking since BH left. axl is just mucking his thru now.

I used to hate Buckethead, but after hearing the leaks and his solo on TWAT, I realized he was really a great twist for the new band. I do miss his presence now, which is strange.

First off, I am a buckethead fan and was  before he was ever associated with gnr, but how do you know for fact that Bucket is even on the leaks? to my knowledge it's never been confirmed. Sure, it sounds like something bucket would play, but it very well could've been Fortus (i doubt it was Finck,but who knows). When Better was first leaked everyone was so sure that it was a Bucket tune, and then at Hammerstein Axl made it a point to let everyone know it was a Robin tune.

i don't miss Bucket in gnr. he never should've been there to begin with, and i knew it wouldn't last. He's better off on his own, and Axl & co are better off without him. Bumblefoot does a fine job, but to me he's just this incarnation's Gilby Clarke-except more talented.

I like the 2006 version of The Blues best. I'm sure the studio version will be amazing.

Yes, we know BH was on the leaks. The 1999 versions did NOT have Buckethead and both the IRS and TWAT solos are missing.

Axl said Better was a Robin song because Robin wrote/created it. He plays the intro and some of the other stuff. But Bucket did the main solo for Better (the one before the twirly-whirly effect).

You can tell which Solo's are bucketheads because its really fast/shredding work. Robin's solo's are less extravagent and more melodic without the shredding.

Electric Tears is more melodic than anything Robin Finck has ever done.

I agree Finck did a good job on the TWAT solo. And I'm starting to like some of his parts on songs better now. But I still don't like the way he plays "erratically" or whatever - it's like he hits notes, hesitates, hits some more notes, kind of pauses, bends some more notes... and coupled with his reactions on stage it looks and sounds like he's blowing his load as he's playing them. You know how when you come it's in spurts - that's what Robin's playing is like. I think it's deliberate on his behalf.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #490 on: August 29, 2006, 04:56:59 PM »

Bucket was not audible on 'The Blues' when he was in the band...

of course, he didn't play on that song He was just sleeping near his amp, or playing with his muppets like a clown on the right side of the stage, doing nothing. Just waiting for the next song (just to shred a few seconds - and waiting for the next one to shred again like if he was programmed like a computer on every song). Sometimes he wasn't even onstage during that song.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:12:07 PM by nesquick » Logged

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #491 on: August 29, 2006, 04:59:25 PM »

of course, he didn't play on that song He was just sleeping near his amp, or playing with his muppets like a clown on the right side of the stage, doing nothing. Just waiting for the next song. Sometimes he wasn't even onstage during that song.

Axl got him do do what he did. That was his role.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #492 on: August 29, 2006, 05:03:17 PM »

of course, he didn't play on that song He was just sleeping near his amp, or playing with his muppets like a clown on the right side of the stage, doing nothing. Just waiting for the next song. Sometimes he wasn't even onstage during that song.

Honnestly, exept on "nightrain", I think BH was useless in Guns N' Roses. In french we call that "de la poudre aux yeux". It means that in his whole pure technical shred demonstration (his role?), there was nothing musically interesting behind. it was superficial. Not memorable.
I learnt to know Robin through the demos and I think he is a much more interesting guitar player for GN'R. So is Richard.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:13:04 PM by nesquick » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #493 on: August 29, 2006, 05:13:32 PM »

Bucket was not audible on 'The Blues' when he was in the band...

of course, he didn't play on that song He was just sleeping near his amp, or playing with his muppets like a clown on the right side of the stage, doing nothing. Just waiting for the next song (just to shred a few seconds - and waiting for the next one to shred again like if he was programmed like a computer on every song). Sometimes he wasn't even onstage during that song.
What a load of bullshit.. He played following the bass line in the song, I can hear and SEE this on boots.

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #494 on: August 29, 2006, 05:19:39 PM »

Honnestly, exept on "nightrain", I think BH was useless in Guns N' Roses. In french we call that "de la poudre aux yeux". It means that in his whole pure technical shred demonstration (his role?), there was nothing musically interesting behind. it was superficial. Not memorable.
I learnt to know Robin through the demos and I think he is a much more interesting guitar player for GN'R. So is Richard.

FUCK Buckethead......thank you....he didn't even play during MOST of Jungle......he can play fast but he is about as good as 5,000 other guitarists. He doesn't suck, but definitely and ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS in GNR.....HE PLAYS WITH PUPPETS FOR  FUCK'S SAKE!!!! *!@^*$(#&@^$....... THIS TOPIC BBBBLLLOOOOWWWWSSS!!!! rant now have a beautiful day my friends.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Micky.Fegz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #495 on: September 26, 2006, 06:34:53 AM »

I'm sorry guys but i'm just not feeling this song !

to me is has'nt got any better since we first heard it .  Axl's voice sounds really weak on this song and it breaks up the set cos the crowd are like "hmm what Huh"

It never gets a good response , when i was watching the live feed the other night i went out for a smoke when they played the blues cos it makes me cringe !

hopefully it will sound better on the album (if its on there)

I just think they could play something new i a bit harder to get the crowd rockin or throw in an illusion song ?? i don't know what do you guys thionk ??

now we all know better Wink

www.myspace.com/bulletsforteeth
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #496 on: September 26, 2006, 06:36:19 AM »

I feel it very much, no weakness in it

it's taste matter

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #497 on: September 26, 2006, 06:42:22 AM »

I show the song to my friend and to others who didn't like Guns N' roses. and they like it.
maybe there's something wrong about your feelings hihi.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #498 on: September 26, 2006, 06:51:00 AM »

i love the pittsburgh version of The Blues.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
BlueTree'sandGreemGrass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #499 on: September 26, 2006, 06:53:31 AM »

I love this song to death, one of my favourite of the new tracks. Can't wait for the studio version.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: