Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who Thinks Chinese Democracy will go in at number 1 on the Billboard Charts?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Thinks Chinese Democracy will go in at number 1 on the Billboard Charts?  (Read 19198 times)
Bevo_Francis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2007, 03:16:41 PM »

Well, they now have greater compitition for the #1 spot. The Korn Unplugged album was pushed back to March 6th.

Well Axl did re-enter public life at a Korn party so I guess it is fitting...
greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2007, 03:42:27 PM »

the only way it wont is if it debuts against eminem or 50 cent...but i think 400-500K is the low end of what it should do...its difficult to gage but a million plus isnt out of the question...

The best selling CD of 2006 (High School Musical soundtrack) sold less than 4 million copies ALL YEAR.  There's no way GNR will sell 1 million in a week.
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2007, 03:43:59 PM »

This album has been in demand for awhile. I beleive when this album drops it will be huge. I think it could sell 1 million in a few weeks.

HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2007, 01:52:05 AM »

it should debut at number 1 the first week no problem...i am more interested in seeing how it does the following weeks.....whether or not it drops right off the charts like alot of people are predicting....i dont think that will happen...but i am interested in seein what does happen

That probably won't happen. Look at the greatest hits... It had alot of filler at the end(presumably because they want to save some stuff for a second GH) and it's been on the charts forever! lol
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2007, 07:22:52 AM »

it should debut at number 1 the first week no problem...i am more interested in seeing how it does the following weeks.....whether or not it drops right off the charts like alot of people are predicting....i dont think that will happen...but i am interested in seein what does happen

That probably won't happen. Look at the greatest hits... It had alot of filler at the end(presumably because they want to save some stuff for a second GH) and it's been on the charts forever! lol

filers?

there is no such thing when it comes to gnr.
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2007, 07:23:32 AM »

fillers that is
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2007, 07:48:17 AM »

filers?

BOB and BO is filler.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2007, 11:38:17 AM »

It depends who they're up against.. This can be really big or just something that hits week one then passes.. I have been off the forums a while just working and what not and I really hear nothing about anything so it's not like there;s tons of outside casual anticipation from the average joe..  Certain bands cause of their names can sell out any concert but are lucky to go platinum with their albums.. I think certain bands can tour 100 times better numbers wise then album sale for nostalgia.. We'll have to wait and see..
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

I really think it'll grow as Appetite did.

I think it will sell well, worldwide, in the first month or so, then it'll be put aside, and, as singles and videos are released, it'll grow on sales.

I think that, US alone, it'll sell around 2 or 3 million the first 6 months/9 months period. Worldwide it'll reach a lot more, since GNR are a bigger band worldwide that US, in my opinion. So I'll think it'll reach 6 or 7 million copies /worldwide sales in the first 6/9 months...

Maybe in the first weeks, it can sell around 500k copies, US alone, for the curiosity and the myth.

So, I think it can reach very well on Billboard, if you think that GH reached a very good position.

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2007, 01:27:02 PM »

The real concern isnt whether or not it reaches number one, which I am confiden it will, but how well it stands the test of time.  That, my friends, will be the main determining factor in the success of this album.  If it goes down to 20 in week 3 we should start to get nervous. 
DethRose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2007, 09:38:35 AM »

i doubt it goes #1 with the way the music world now, as well as the way axl is portraid by the media. For the most part they say him and his new band is a joke so thats not good for building up a band that hasn't released an album in 13 years.  I guess the first single will determine that as well but will the first single get played on mainstream countdowns and such.  For example acdcs last album sold fairly well but it still didn't get put on the mainstream video play cause their old so well have to see how it goes i guess.  Would definitely be great if it did land at #1 though maybe wed start to get rid of rap and this emo shit.
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2007, 09:50:28 AM »

Contra..whatever was number 1 in the rock charts..
Contraband Wink

I hope ChineseD. will debut rather low and then climb up to #1.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2007, 11:03:04 AM »

Contra..whatever was number 1 in the rock charts..
Contraband Wink

I hope ChineseD. will debut rather low and then climb up to #1.

I don't think it'll debut "low" but I don't see number 1. I do believe it will be number one eventually though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2007, 04:03:24 PM »

filers?

BOB and BO is filler.

C'mon!  Bad Obsession is a great, bluesy track. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2007, 04:33:46 PM »

No. It'll do good though (at first, then take a big big drop).
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2007, 04:39:35 PM »

I call it, 2.5 - 3 million its first year. 4 million its second.

Who knows how well it will do internationally.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2007, 04:49:59 PM »

Chinese Democracy will debut at #1, or atleast it better.  It would be sad if it didn't, after all of the money spent and anticipation.  I predict first week sales to be atleast 500,000.  After the first week hype, hopefully the quality keeps it going and going and going...
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2007, 04:59:29 PM »

Chinese Democracy will debut at #1, or atleast it better.? It would be sad if it didn't, after all of the money spent and anticipation.? I predict first week sales to be atleast 500,000.? After the first week hype, hopefully the quality keeps it going and going and going...
nothing sells 500,000 it's first week now.
very rare.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2007, 05:33:21 PM »

I look for it to debut at #1. I hope it doesn't drop like a brick after that though. Hopefully this cd will stand the test of time like the other GnR releases have.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2007, 05:39:18 PM »

If Creed's Weatherd cd (2003-post napster boom) can sell 800,00 copies its first week, then I don't think it's too far fetched to say that Chinese Democracy could/should sell 500K copies, especially if the so called "promotion" starts to  happen and it garners really good reviews prior to it's release!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: