Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 04:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Question to Jarmo (Slash related)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question to Jarmo (Slash related)  (Read 18122 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2007, 11:47:13 AM »

he was inducted mainly for his contributions to GnR in the 80's and 90's thus honoring AFD and UYI's...that should be of at least passing interest to any GnR fan IMO peace

I would agree if it had happened while he was still in the band, but he hasn't been for over 10 years.

So what you're saying is, if any of the ex members get any little award, no matter how small it is for the stuff they did while they were in gnr they should get mentioned? Don't you think the site would be cluttered with that shit then?

no not really....how many awards have been handed out to ex members recently? oh yeah one...slash's induction...robin and bbf taking a trip to a guitar shop gets attention...i would think that this is a bit higher profile Roll Eyes

anyway the GnR world is so slow with news these days...what would this story hurt in all honesty...i like all news pertaining to GnR...old or new...and i'm sure there are more like me around peace

EDIT: anyway whether or not Slash news is reported doesnt bother me I'll find it somewhere...I mean its Jarmos site he can post what he deems imprtant news to GnR...but to say that Slash's contributions to GnR aren't relevant to GnR anymore isnt true at all IMO....
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 11:57:10 AM by Neemo » Logged

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2007, 04:57:49 AM »

Great post Neemo - as per usual, right on the money?

A small tribute it may be, but a tribute almost soley in recognition of his electrifying and unforgettable guitar work in GN'R

Generations of guitarists and music fans will long cherish the contributions he made to that great band

newsworthy on a GN'R site?  there's just no question? beer
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 05:05:45 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2007, 10:16:51 AM »

This is a GN'R site which means this is where you'll find things the band wants their fans to know, such as the letter from Axl.

I feel honoured that the band have chosen this site to be one of the channels used to reach out to us fans. It's definitely not something I ever imagined happening when I started the site over ten years ago.

/jarmo

the above post says so much.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 10:51:10 AM by Big Gun » Logged

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2007, 03:12:04 PM »

If the news is to do with Slash's work from when he was in Guns N'Roses then SURELY it should be posted on a GUNS N'ROSES site?! Not being in the band anymore has nothing to do with it. On gunsnroses.com they have "'welcome to the jungle' honoured in a poll" thing-So you're telling me that shouldn't be up there because it's nothing to do with the New Guns N'Roses? I'm suspecting your answer is that is should be there, but if that's the case then the same should apply with the Slash/GnR news too. Surely that's only logic?!

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2007, 03:20:03 PM »

do you think Axl would appreciate it being on the front page?  probably not.  hihi   i dont know, I can't speak for Axl.   But I believe this site is where Axl wants to give his information to the fans, so I think its more a respect thing to the current GNR that we dont draw much attention to former members no longer involved in the band.  peace 
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2007, 04:12:17 PM »

do you think Axl would appreciate it being on the front page?? probably not.? hihi? ?i dont know, I can't speak for Axl.? ?But I believe this site is where Axl wants to give his information to the fans, so I think its more a respect thing to the current GNR that we dont draw much attention to former members no longer involved in the band.? peace?

To be honest, it doesn't really bother me because if I want to hear about Slash or any of the ex-members I just read the forum anyway. The whole 'giving the new band respect' though is a tricky thing though. Lets be honest here, they will never be fully respected until an album is released. Plus the official GnR people have to share blame for the new band not getting so much respect because on gunsnroses.com they continue to post pictures of just Axl Rose and not any of the other members. Wouldn't you, if you were a member of that band, be a little pissed off that on your official band site you are nowhere to be seen? Like you keep saying, this is Guns N'Roses, it's a band, not an Axl Rose solo project. So if that's the case there should be pictures of them all over the site surely? I'm sure it's purely for promotional reasons but if Axl wants people to take this new band seriously he has to showcase them as being an actual band. Sorry if I've gone a little off topic.? Tongue

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2007, 09:36:56 PM »

Slash who?

It raises an interesting question: what does Slash write on his tax return? You have to have a last name. Huh
It  can't be "Slash Slash" anymore than it could be "Kramer."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »

Slash who?

It raises an interesting question: what does Slash write on his tax return? You have to have a last name. Huh
It? can't be "Slash Slash" anymore than it could be "Kramer."

He could, but he probably signs with Saul Hudson.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2007, 04:37:51 AM »

do you think Axl would appreciate it being on the front page?  probably not.  hihi   i dont know, I can't speak for Axl.   But I believe this site is where Axl wants to give his information to the fans, so I think its more a respect thing to the current GNR that we dont draw much attention to former members no longer involved in the band.  peace 

To be honest, it doesn't really bother me because if I want to hear about Slash or any of the ex-members I just read the forum anyway. The whole 'giving the new band respect' though is a tricky thing though. Lets be honest here, they will never be fully respected until an album is released. Plus the official GnR people have to share blame for the new band not getting so much respect because on gunsnroses.com they continue to post pictures of just Axl Rose and not any of the other members. Wouldn't you, if you were a member of that band, be a little pissed off that on your official band site you are nowhere to be seen? Like you keep saying, this is Guns N'Roses, it's a band, not an Axl Rose solo project. So if that's the case there should be pictures of them all over the site surely? I'm sure it's purely for promotional reasons but if Axl wants people to take this new band seriously he has to showcase them as being an actual band. Sorry if I've gone a little off topic.  Tongue

try way off topic   Roll Eyes   if you put YOUR personal feelings on the whole thing aside and looked at it objectively, you'd see what I am saying makes perfect sense.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: