Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WILL CHINESE DEMOCRACY CONTAIN ALL ORIGINAL SONGS...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: WILL CHINESE DEMOCRACY CONTAIN ALL ORIGINAL SONGS...  (Read 12175 times)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 01:25:10 AM »

I sincerely hope this musical endeavour has no covers whatsoever.? rant?? puke? Fuck that shit Axl?? rant? ?puke

It would be really sweet if 77.325 - 84.376% of this album simply consists of righteous tunes, that no GNR fan has heard yet.? ?rant

After waiting this fucking long for an album, there's no need for any covers.? Cry? crying?

That's the kind of shit Axl could/should be doing in his spare time for a lark.? yes  Shocked  confused
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 03:21:18 AM »

I think the album will have a cover or 2....I mean since Axl hurried up and rushed through putting this album out you cant expect an album full of original material... Roll Eyes
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2007, 08:09:51 AM »

Save a few covers, and use 'em as b-sides to put with the release of each single ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Grasshopper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2007, 09:06:31 AM »

Liquor and Whores would be an awesome b-side......
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2007, 09:18:10 AM »

why should he do sailing? just because he did it lve and all of a sudden its a classic coz he did it? it is a shit song and i bet hardly anyone here ever listens to it.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2007, 09:23:36 AM »

why should he do sailing? just because he did it lve and all of a sudden its a classic coz he did it? it is a shit song and i bet hardly anyone here ever listens to it.

Not because he just did it live, but because it was one of few new covers attempted by Gn'R in 2006, and ultimately, Sailing beautifully complimented Axl's vocals leaving most of us here, desiring a studio version of this cover.. Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2007, 09:23:56 AM »

Of all the covers they did on the past tour, I like Sway the most.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2007, 09:42:28 AM »

Not because he just did it live, but because it was one of few new covers attempted by Gn'R in 2006, and ultimately, Sailing beautifully complimented Axl's vocals leaving most of us here, desiring a studio version of this cover.. Wink

Fair enough. Whatever floats ones boat i s'pose. personally i dont care if it contains any covers or not, as long as i like them. id rather hear a good cover than a crap original. not that im sayin the album will be crap, but im sure you get my point.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »

Fair enough. Whatever floats ones boat i s'pose. personally i dont care if it contains any covers or not, as long as i like them. id rather hear a good cover than a crap original. not that im sayin the album will be crap, but im sure you get my point.

I kinda felt the same way about "Sailing". It seems like everyone shit themselves over it because GNR covered it last year.

Either way, I just can't see them including covers on this record.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2007, 11:49:06 AM »

Please link me up with the rumor of Axl hiring help.

Well, you know that's not possible here, don't you.

exactly, so its not true.

The topic has been deleted off the site already by Jarmo and company..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2007, 05:20:51 PM »

Im not completely sure..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2007, 05:25:42 PM »

Can someone PM me about those rumors? I have no idea, and I understand we might not be allowed to just come out and talk about it. But I'm curious. I've really never heard this before.
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2007, 07:12:01 PM »

Isn't there a rumored song title called "If the World" which might possibly be a cover of a Michael Monroe song.  By the way, Axl's cover of Sway is way better than Sailing.  Also, why can't we talk about the Del James article?  And does anyone know why it was removed from GNR's official site?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2007, 07:19:28 PM »

I hope its all originals and no covers.

when u release 30 songs u can get away with a cover or two but I won't all orginals.

Covers are for people looking for a cheap hit in my opinion.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2007, 07:29:23 PM »

I personally dont mind covers from Axl cos i feel his voice adds something original to anything he sings...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2007, 08:46:32 PM »

Doesn't mean it's not true, it just means the powers-that-be here have deemed it unmentionable. We couldn't talk about the Harley ad, yet it posted on Harley's Web site for a day at least. We couldn't talk about the Del James article, but it was on GNR's own Web site.

No, sir, just because we aren't allowed to talk about things here doesn't make it not true.

Is it true? I don't know. You don't know. Only Axl knows and maybe a few others.

If you really think people who haven't met Axl since the early 1990s , and who obviously seem bitter about it, know the truth about Axl and GN'R, good for you!

Then maybe you can start a career selling sand in Sahara....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2007, 08:50:05 PM »

Doesn't mean it's not true, it just means the powers-that-be here have deemed it unmentionable. We couldn't talk about the Harley ad, yet it posted on Harley's Web site for a day at least. We couldn't talk about the Del James article, but it was on GNR's own Web site.

No, sir, just because we aren't allowed to talk about things here doesn't make it not true.

Is it true? I don't know. You don't know. Only Axl knows and maybe a few others.

If you really think people who haven't met Axl since the early 1990s , and who obviously seem bitter about it, know the truth about Axl and GN'R, good for you!

Then maybe you can start a career selling sand in Sahara....

jaarmo

I see how this is working. You're gonna go over all my posts and pick out anything remotely negative.

In this case, I clearly stated that we don't know what the truth is. You did read that, right?

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2007, 08:52:47 PM »

I'd much rather have a studio cover of "Sailing" on CD, than "Oh My God"

I'd much rather have the new studio version of OMG then sailing on CD, it's an awesome song if you give it a couple of listens headbanger
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2007, 09:12:23 PM »

I see how this is working. You're gonna go over all my posts and pick out anything remotely negative.

In this case, I clearly stated that we don't know what the truth is. You did read that, right?

I know what you said.

You did hint that it's possible it's true.

Now, the question is, do you really think these clowns are credible sources of GN'R news?

A certain photographer posted that a reunited GN'R would play at last summer's Download Festival. We all know who played.

His friend is an "expert" on the band he haven't interviewed since the 1990s.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2007, 09:17:26 PM »

why are people so fussed about cover songs?  Huh   if its a kickass cover.. i mean a good song is a good song.   knowing it was written by Axl Rose or someone else is not going to change my enjoyment of a song.   Thats silly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: