Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:19:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler on VH1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler on VH1  (Read 25285 times)
gangs_n_robbers
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 12:01:56 AM »

I hope they didnt use the name Guns N Roses when introducing him, which im sure they did,,because that appearance totally cheapens the band name

at least he is an original. alot of people would say axl is cheapening the name right now. I think steve has the right to use the gnr name ALOT more than gilby on supernova. that was bullshit.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 12:05:04 AM »

I hope they didnt use the name Guns N Roses when introducing him, which im sure they did,,because that appearance totally cheapens the band name

at least he is an original. alot of people would say axl is cheapening the name right now. I think steve has the right to use the gnr name ALOT more than gilby on supernova. that was bullshit.

Yeah i've got no problem with steven using the GNR name with anything he does.... He paid his dues!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 12:05:14 AM »

I agree with you in a way...although Gilby stepped up big time and saved the band after Izzy split with 2 weeks to go before a MASSIVE tour....Gilby learned 40 songs in less than 2 weeks....but I do think Steven has more of a right to the GNR name than Gilby...actually on supernova Tommy Lee was the only one who had a real right to use his bands name...Jason Newsted was Lars and James bitch for 14 years and Gilby was in the band for a little over 2 years...they just used the name to get viewers...my only concern with the VH1 thing is that is a show that features Vanilla Ice, Ron Jeremy, and China....not too thrilled to have a legendary name like Guns N Roses mixed in with it..
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 12:12:24 AM »

I agree with you in a way...although Gilby stepped up big time and saved the band after Izzy split with 2 weeks to go before a MASSIVE tour....Gilby learned 40 songs in less than 2 weeks....but I do think Steven has more of a right to the GNR name than Gilby...actually on supernova Tommy Lee was the only one who had a real right to use his bands name...Jason Newsted was Lars and James bitch for 14 years and Gilby was in the band for a little over 2 years...they just used the name to get viewers...my only concern with the VH1 thing is that is a show that features Vanilla Ice, Ron Jeremy, and China....not too thrilled to have a legendary name like Guns N Roses mixed in with it..

I'd be willing to bet if VH1 offered Steven a starring role on a surreal life, he'd jump all over it in a mintue...
so just be thankful that hasent happened yet  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 12:14:37 AM »

Steven is still by far the greatest drummer GNR have ever had.

I hate the guy but I still gotta give him his credit. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 12:17:51 AM »

if by the greatest, i hope you dont mean the most talented, because Matt, Brain, Josh Freese and Frank are all better....oh yeah and so is Lars for that matter...hey one song counts......
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 12:19:29 AM »

if by the greatest, i hope you dont mean the most talented, because Matt, Brain, Josh Freese and Frank are all better....oh yeah and so is Lars for that matter...hey one song counts......

Gotta agree with that. No way Steven is the greatest GNR drummer ever.

EFISH
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 12:19:43 AM »

I'd be willing to bet if VH1 offered Steven a starring role on a surreal life, he'd jump all over it in a mintue...
so just be thankful that hasent happened yet  hihi
It'd be sad, but cool to watch.  Cool
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 12:23:14 AM »

Gotta agree with that. No way Steven is the greatest GNR drummer ever.

He's sold the most GNR albums of any GNR drummer... Thats gotta count for something  hihi
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:56:36 AM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 03:23:42 AM »

I really hate being classified a GNR fan with some of u on this forum who know jack fucking shit about this band even though u think u do.

How can Brain and Frank and these fucking guys be better than the guy who has some of the greatest drumming ever Laid down on a fucking CD?

Sayin this is almost as fucking dumb as sayin Bumble or Robin are better than Slash.

Have u ever listened to Appetite For Destruction?

I dont mean listen to Axl sing or Slash p lay guitar, I mean Really fucking listening to the CD where u hear everything.

Steven has some of the greatest Drum riffs EVER.  His drumming u can actually sing a long with. He has some iconic fuckin Drumming ability.

The drumming on the Illusions is nowhere on the level of AFD and nothing I have heard from Brain or Frank live measure up to Adler's brilliance.

I hate Steven Adler with a passion. I think he is a piece of shit washed up loser who blames everyone but himself for his problems BUT I REFUSE to discredit what an amazing drummer and what a great contribution he made to one of the greatest albums ever made.

So called GNR fans need to show this guy's skill some Fucking Respect and need a lesson on GNR history.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 03:28:20 AM »

How can Brain and Frank and these fucking guys be better than the guy who has some of the greatest drumming ever Laid down on a fucking CD?

I tought we were talking about who's the best drummer technically..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 03:32:23 AM »

I dont mean to sound like an Asshole or to sound rude, but WHO cares about TEchnical ability.

Jesus Christ I get so fucking sick of this.

The drummers at Nebraska were all way TECHNICALLY better than Tommy Lee on that TV show Tommy Lee Goes To College but are they ever gonna be or make up some of the greatest drum riffs EVER?

What the hell has Brain, Freese or Frank ever wrote that will stand the test of time?

Adler's beats on Appetite For Destruction are legendary and amazing and have yet to be duplicated since.  Is it a coincidence that the GNR Feel left when he got fired?

UYI songs do not have the swing, they dont have the groove that Appetite has and that is cause of the drumming.

U don't have to like Adler, LIke i said, I hate the guy, but at least give the man some credit.

had he not fucked his self up with drugs, he very easily would be considered one of the greatest rock drummers ever.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 03:38:40 AM »

I dont mean to sound like an Asshole or to sound rude, but WHO cares about TEchnical ability.

That's right, I agree with you totally. That's why I like Adler and Sorum better than Brain. But I gotta admit that Brain is technically better.. and that's what the guys were talkin' about.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 05:55:28 AM »

What the hell has Brain, Freese or Frank ever wrote that will stand the test of time?

Stuffs on a forthcoming album called Chinese Democracy.

UYI songs do not have the swing, they dont have the groove that Appetite has and that is cause of the drumming.

Agree, but that's also because the band didn't wanted to rewrite AFD again. They went for a new sound.

had he not fucked his self up with drugs, he very easily would be considered one of the greatest rock drummers ever.

Probably, yes.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2007, 07:32:35 AM »

i read somewhere he became a gay,i mean bisexual and he was talking about steven tayler sucking

is it right

No not at all.. The Steven Tyler was a total twisted story..  Him and Steven were fucking groupies in a bus.. The way Adler worded it, it sounds like he said him and Steven were fucking...

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 07:35:04 AM »

so just be thankful that hasent happened yet? hihi

Guarantee he will be in the next season if there is one....

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 07:36:33 AM »

Lars?? What song are you refering too?  And I think you are downplaying Steven drumming.. He really is very good.

aimz
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 08:10:36 AM »

i have no idea what this thread is about....can anyone post this on youtube or something so i can see/.Huh??....please...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 08:56:09 AM »

Lars?? What song are you refering too??

he played on out ta get me (i think) in one of the last 3 shows on california, and he did it very very badly
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2007, 10:08:04 AM »

Lars?? What song are you refering too??

he played on out ta get me (i think) in one of the last 3 shows on california, and he did it very very badly

oh ok, I thought he was saying he was actually on a studio track..... He fits right in with the new band...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: